The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Jim,
I've had my eye a Jayco Seismic 4112, I like the 2016 model, I don't care for the 2017's with the side patio,

Jim,
I've had my eye a Jayco Seismic 4112, I like the 2016 model, I don't care for the 2017's with the side patio,

We camped next to one of those in Branson last summer. The side patio seems ok, but why be contained up on a fenced platform? I'd rather spread out on the ground.

That layout looks similar to the race toy hauler, except it has the 2nd bath where we had garage space. It looks like a nice layout. Hopefully you can find a 2016 at a good "clearance" price.

Hopefully your Jayco dealers are better about pricing than the one by me. I like Jayco trailers, but the only dealer around me thinks they have a gold mine. I just went to the RV show last week and I saw the Jayco North Points. They have a mid bunk model very similar to mine. This dealers "show special" pricing was less than 10% off MSRP. I laughed.

j

I understand that Jim, they are proud of them. It all depends on finding one for the right price, I found one for a decent price but it's in Riverside, California, 2,000 miles away, Someone say "ROAD TRIP!" I may be able to recruit Tiggerdad to go with me if I decide to a long run to get one.

Well it's official the Sandpiper is gone, I just finished everything up with the dealership that sold it for me. I have learned a valuable lesson about buying new campers are just as bad or worse that vehicles holding value. I'm in no rush to get another one, going to do some looking around but if I go camping I have my parents fifthwheel I can use.

I understand that Jim, they are proud of them. It all depends on finding one for the right price, I found one for a decent price but it's in Riverside, California, 2,000 miles away, Someone say "ROAD TRIP!" I may be able to recruit Tiggerdad to go with me if I decide to a long run to get one.

Well it's official the Sandpiper is gone, I just finished everything up with the dealership that sold it for me. I have learned a valuable lesson about buying new campers are just as bad or worse that vehicles holding value. I'm in no rush to get another one, going to do some looking around but if I go camping I have my parents fifthwheel I can use.

Road trip!? Heck yeah man!

If we heading out to Cal we can hit Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, and Yosemite National Parks on that one.

Of course, with our track record of accidental law breaking we'd probably only make it about as far as Dallas before the bail money ran out.

I have finally gotten around to updating Randy and Nic's data. Life has been busy...

Oh and Randy, in my uninformed opinion, Nic doesn't need to use "DWB". In my head it comes out as "dweeb" and that's probably not his intention. But hey, thats' just me.....

I know, I know.... Bad Ed :sad2:

I found my new camper and new truck.

FB_IMG_1487483588692_zpsacfqr28r.jpg

Yall like that key lime green?

Good news! We have re arranged our outings with family & if we can get a site, we will join y'all end of May. Arnold bought a 44 ft Cyclone last Feb. It is OK, but not much storage room inside. I did go & buy me a golf cart. Can we bring Golf carts to Gulf shores? Yes, we would love the movie. Can't wait for Beauty & the beast in March. Tiggerdad your daughter is beautiful & so happy for her. See you real soon!!

Good news! We have re arranged our outings with family & if we can get a site, we will join y'all end of May. Arnold bought a 44 ft Cyclone last Feb. It is OK, but not much storage room inside. I did go & buy me a golf cart. Can we bring Golf carts to Gulf shores? Yes, we would love the movie. Can't wait for Beauty & the beast in March. Tiggerdad your daughter is beautiful & so happy for her. See you real soon!!

Hooray! :dancer:

I played with the Gulf booking tool, friendofeyeore, at the link listed here at the top of this page http://www.alapark.com/Gulf-State-Park-Camping

Being Memorial Day weekend, there is very limited availability so you better book soon with possibly the "checkout" on Memorial Day itself. Then you might have to "check in" the same day and move for the coming week but there are some sites on Sumac very near us starting on Monday Memorial Day. There appears to be no site that is available all the way through from Memorial Day weekend and into the next weekend. But if you break it up it's doable. Of course it depends when you can arrive and when you have to leave (and how far a drive it is each way). I came in on Tuesday last year and left on Saturday so it's not a "requirement" to be there through both weekends.

I would suggest calling the Park Office and talking to someone about making the reservation(s). But it really doesn't matter where you set up since you have a golf cart (yes they are allowed at Gulf).

party:

The end of May can't come soon enough!

Bama Ed

PS - when you get your site stuff worked out, let us know here and I'll update the chart on page 1.

PPS - so now you got a 44-foot trailer? It will fit at Gulf.

Last edited:
Hope you can join us Freindofeeyore. You will love GSP and the whole area. BamaEd are you sure on the golf cart policy ? Last time I asked they said it was only allowed for handicapped persons.

Well Mardi Gras is officially in the books and life moves on. My divorce was final two weeks ago and tomorrow I have my second of three interviews with the Sheriffs department. Hopefully in a month I will employed again. The unfortunate part is it may effect my time for this meet and greet. I will keep my reservation the first week and attend what I can when I'm off. If I'm lucky I will be able to get a few extra days off.

Hope you can join us Freindofeeyore. You will love GSP and the whole area. BamaEd are you sure on the golf cart policy ? Last time I asked they said it was only allowed for handicapped persons.

I thought I had seen them around the campground, flametamr, but you could be right and I could be wrong. There's no obvious way to tell under what circumstances they are being used. Therefore, "in an abundance of caution", FoE should call Gulf and ask the question.

The golf carts at GSP are for handicap only. Here is a link to an article about it.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdal/p...permit-motorized-vehicles-people-disabilities
Well.... Don't be so specific.... what it states is "individuals with a mobility disability" may use them. It does not go into depth as to what level. So someone with crutches (perhaps from a recent injury) may not be considered "Handicapped" (well maybe temporarily) but would be allowed to use the powered mobility device.

Not that I encourage the "Bending" of laws, but it's been my experience that, for fear of litigation, very few businesses will "Question" someone's "Handicap" (or in this case mobility disability). That might be the reason why it could seem like they are more prevalent. (Just sayin.... that's all)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter