The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

BoardWalk Villas Refurbishment Update - January 2024

Refurbishment work on Disney's BoardWalk Villas has moved to a new section of the Disney Vacation Club building.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 6

Back in December, crews were still refurbishing BoardWalk view villas, as well as pool view rooms on the opposite side of the hall. With those rooms complete, work has moved to another wing encompassing a new set of pool view rooms as well as nearby standard view villas.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 1

Fortunately, only a small section of scaffolding is currently visible near the Luna Park pool, pictured above. However, sections of landscaping are torn up with temporary walls and lift cranes in the area (below.)

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 7

The windows in most villas being actively refurbished are screened from guest view.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 2

Work extends to the quiet pool area, with the back side of this wing also being actively renovated.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 5

Several access points into the building are currently blocked off, availble only to construction crews.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 4

This project represents the most significant refurbishment for Disney's BoardWalk Villassince it opened back in 1996. All guest room interiors are being completely updated, along with hallways and building exteriors.

Disneys Boardwalk Villas Refurb 2024 January 3

The entire project is expected to be competed by spring 2024.

You beat me to it. I did post this on another thread.

I checked today and every floor is blocked off going towards the standard view rooms. So, the whole area is being worked on at this time.

We are here now, and the rooms are nice but there are several misses if you want to really call this a "home away from home". I will start with what I see as pluses: 1- The new flooring is very nice and the carpeting in the bedroom and area rug in the living area are also very nice. 2- The new vanities in the bathroom areas are very attractive, a good addition. 3- I really like the one level kitchen countertop and the new coffee pot is a good addition. 4- The Murphy bed is great if needed and the new artwork is also a great addition.

The following items I see as misses and things I would change if this were truly a "home away from home":
1- In the shower room they could have added another towel bar on the wall by the sink. I don't mind reusing my towels as long as I can hang them up to dry between uses.
2- Closet - they should have or could have add a couple of hooks on the wall to hang up bathrobe or PJs. It would make for a much tidier room.
3- In the bedroom - the nightstand is placed too far away from the bed for me. Also, it would be nice to have a clock (I know they have been gone for a while but to me it's worth mentioning again) and we are missing the ceiling fan. It's nice to have the space under the bed for the suitcase but a bed skirt to hide the suitcase would have been nice.
4- Kitchen - the finish on the cabinets is very poor. It appears that they refinished the cabinets and didn't do a very good job of it. The cabinets have a rough feel to them, not smooth like you would expect. Also, there is no ice maker in the fridge.
5- They should have put an end table and outlet on the end of the sofa next to the window. There is plenty of room and I miss having it there. I also feel that they could very well have put a chair in the corner over by the connecting door.

I know to some this list may seem picky and I really don't mean to come off as that way, but these are all things I would have to address if this were truly my place to make my own.

I wanted to add another BIG plus, the added a shower wand which IMHO is really a nice addition.

I wish they had added a shelf low enough to place your foot in the shower. I know the shower area is relatively small, but a small shelf would have been a big plus.

Saw a video of newly refurbed rooms and some do not have a Murphy bed in the one bedroom??? Any word if these are just a particular section? She says this is room 2009 IMG_7257.jpeg

Saw a video of newly refurbed rooms and some do not have a Murphy bed in the one bedroom??? Any word if these are just a particular section? She says this is room 2009 View attachment 830370

Someone answered this question on the BW Resort thread HERE.
We were in a 1 BR P & G villa last week. The living room has a murphy bed! We took a tour of the DVC model and that one did not have a murphy bed. The cast member said it was a mistake in construction. That video might have been of the model.

If it's not the model then most likely the murphy beds are delayed and they'll be installed at a later date. It's happened with a couple of the other refurbs - Poly is the one I can remember off hand.

Windows Installed on The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

Pairs of white window frames with panes of glass are now on each wall of the building’s tower. When we last checked on The Cake Bake Shop construction, these were still just square holes in the building.

1707056959751.jpeg

Labels are visible on the insides of the windows. The exterior walls are covered in purple Gold Bond eXP sheathing. The multiple rooves of the tower structure were recently covered in decking.

The Cake Bake Shop construction site

There are two windows on each full wall of the tower. A window is even visible on the wall that faces the rest of the building. Windows have yet to be installed on the dormer rooves or on the first floor of the building.

Crew member at The Cake Bake Shop

We saw one crew member at the top of a ladder working between the two different structures of The Cake Bake Shop. The restaurant and bakery are taking over what was once ESPN Club. It closed permanently in 2022.

Wide view of The Cake Bake Shop construction

A new doorway is being added on the tower side of the building, where there is currently a plain steel archway. This will lead to the table-service restaurant. The former entrance to ESPN Club, to the right, will lead to the bakery.

Steel frame entrance of The Cake Bake Shop

Through the steel framework, we can still see lots of exposed wiring and support elements inside the bakery, indicating there is still lots of interior construction work to be done as well.

Windows Installed on The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

Pairs of white window frames with panes of glass are now on each wall of the building’s tower. When we last checked on The Cake Bake Shop construction, these were still just square holes in the building.

1707056959751.jpeg

Labels are visible on the insides of the windows. The exterior walls are covered in purple Gold Bond eXP sheathing. The multiple rooves of the tower structure were recently covered in decking.

The Cake Bake Shop construction site

There are two windows on each full wall of the tower. A window is even visible on the wall that faces the rest of the building. Windows have yet to be installed on the dormer rooves or on the first floor of the building.

Crew member at The Cake Bake Shop

We saw one crew member at the top of a ladder working between the two different structures of The Cake Bake Shop. The restaurant and bakery are taking over what was once ESPN Club. It closed permanently in 2022.

Wide view of The Cake Bake Shop construction

A new doorway is being added on the tower side of the building, where there is currently a plain steel archway. This will lead to the table-service restaurant. The former entrance to ESPN Club, to the right, will lead to the bakery.

Steel frame entrance of The Cake Bake Shop

Through the steel framework, we can still see lots of exposed wiring and support elements inside the bakery, indicating there is still lots of interior construction work to be done as well.
Thank you for the photos and the detailed description! Maybe this will be open when we’re at BWV a year from now.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs Stand Prepares for Lighting Installation on Disney’s BoardWalk

Painting continues and crews are getting ready to install lights on the Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs stand at Disney’s BoardWalk.

Rolling planters around Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Side of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs stand

The white kiosk now has yellow trim with some light blue paneling. A row of small holes runs around the top for future light bulbs. Behind the planters, paneling is up over window openings on the kiosk.

wdw boardwalk blue ribbon corn dogs construction 7621

There are white awnings on each side of the kiosk. Last year, blue fabric was installed over these awnings, but these were removed for further construction.

The “BoardWalk To-Go” sign was also removed and a blank space remains for a future Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs sign.

Lighting hole in column

There are also holes with wiring inside them on the front of these columns, presumably for more lighting.

Door side of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

No paneling covers this side of the building, so we can clearly see that it has been painted yellow. The door where Cast Members enter the kiosk is white.

Back of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Painting is complete on the awnings facing the water, which was still being worked on during our last construction update. It is now solid white like the other three awnings.

Jellyrolls is Hosting a Hoedown at Disney’s Boardwalk

Grab your boots, dust off your cowboy hats, and get ready for a boot scootin’ good time. Jellyrolls at Disney’s Boardwalk is hosting a Jellyrolls Hoedown, and you are invited.

Live music, country-western theming, and a whole lot fun.This Disney hot spot is already a good time noted for its dueling pianos and witty banter, but now there is another new experience you won’t want to miss.

Get ready for fun and head over to Disney’s Boardwalk on Friday, February 9th and Saturday, February 10th for a Country Western Weekend at Jellyrolls.
The Need-to-Know
  • Doors open at 7pm.
  • Dueling Pianos start at 8pm.
  • All guests must be 21 years of age or older.
Follow along with Jellyrolls on Instagram for more info.

Disney Vacation Club Meet & Treat Disney's BoardWalk

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, join us for a sweet gathering inside the Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk on select days in February. Eligible Members staying at Walt Disney World Resort can enjoy a treat and pose for photos with Disney Characters at this Disney Vacation Club event—presented as part of Membership Magic.

Event Dates
  • Tuesday, February 13, 2024
  • Wednesday, February 14, 2024
  • Tuesday, February 20, 2024
  • Wednesday, February 21, 2024
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy this event, only one event date will be available per Membership.

Event Hours
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time

Eligibility
Disney Vacation Club Members who are eligible for Membership Extras benefits may attend this event. Members must also have a qualifying reservation at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort on an event date.

Party Size Limit
A Member can attend and bring up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation.

Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk at Walt Disney World Resort

Parking
There is no Resort parking for this event. Members are strongly encouraged to use Walt Disney World Resort transportation.
Other Important Information

• Event registration is not required.
  • A valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in. The Member listed on the Digital Membership Card must be in attendance.
  • Your Digital Membership Card should be added to the digital wallet of your mobile device before arrival, as using the temporary card will not expedite the check-in process.
  • Admission is subject to capacity limits. Once the event reaches capacity, arriving Members and their Guests may be able to wait in line at the entrance, and can be admitted when event attendees exit the venue. However, the line may be closed before 4:00 PM, depending on the number of Members and Guests waiting to be admitted.
  • Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • Event dates are subject to change or cancellation.
  • Treat options and experiences are subject to change.
  • This offer is nontransferable and cannot be sold.

How loud is the Luna Park Pool after about 8-9 pm? I'm having a hard time getting a standard 2 bed; so I'll probably end up with a pool/garden 2 bed for our Feb 2025 trip. I'd like request to be around the Luna Park Pool so we are closer to the elevators, but not if it's loud after 9pm.

How loud is the Luna Park Pool after about 8-9 pm? I'm having a hard time getting a standard 2 bed; so I'll probably end up with a pool/garden 2 bed for our Feb 2025 trip. I'd like request to be around the Luna Park Pool so we are closer to the elevators, but not if it's loud after 9pm.
I think it closes at 10 or 11, and I would expect noise up until closing when busy. You could request a high floor as well though and the noise will me minimal.

The Luna pool area can be 'noisy' until close - though the noise is relative - mostly the music can be heard lightly from inside the rooms and general talking - the occasional loud child screaming...though it's quieter than the Boardwalk rooms. Higher floor can help - also, the 'wings' around the pool as opposed to the central rooms are generally much quieter even when the pool area is open...depending on what you consider to be 'far' from the elevators - the wings will add an additional 150-200 feet or so of walking (the south wing is closer to the elevators than the north wing).

The wings around the pool are mostly 1 bedrooms without connecting studios (according to Touring Plans anyway); so those are unlikely. I just don't want to overlook the quiet pool as that is much farther down the hall than I want to be. But to be fair, I've never gotten close to any request that I've made for BWV; so this trip will probably be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter