The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk Gets an Update

1713899113035.jpeg

1713899319723.jpeg

1713899360496.jpeg

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas Refurbishment Update – April 2024

IMG_4121.jpg

As we near the end of spring 2024, the refurbishment of the BoardWalk Villas is still underway, primarily with Standard View and Garden/Pool View rooms. With reports that guests are being bumped from their BoardWalk rooms, we took a look around the resort for a construction update.

Boardwalk View Rooms

IMG_4122.jpg

Crest O’ the Wave Section of the BoardWalk Villas

For a while, it seemed that the Boardwalk View rooms had been completed and were available to guests. However, if you walk along the boardwalk, it’s clear that a large group of rooms in the Crest O’ the Wave section is not open to guests. The entire facade is covered in scaffolding as construction crews work on the exterior. It appears that this section will get wooden panels similar to the exteriors of the adjacent sections. Whatever the case may be, this change in inventory helps explain why some guests with Boardwalk View rooms have been moved in recent weeks. Some have been moved to the Inn side of the BoardWalk while others have been offered rooms in other resorts.

This refurbishment also means that the BoardWalk open house is not available at the moment.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

IMG_4120.jpg

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs looks closer to completion with its signage and lighting looking complete. A glimpse of the windows shows that the menu will include their Mexican Street Corn Dog, lemonade, and cotton candy.

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas Refurbishment Update – April 2024

IMG_4121.jpg

As we near the end of spring 2024, the refurbishment of the BoardWalk Villas is still underway, primarily with Standard View and Garden/Pool View rooms. With reports that guests are being bumped from their BoardWalk rooms, we took a look around the resort for a construction update.

Boardwalk View Rooms

IMG_4122.jpg

Crest O’ the Wave Section of the BoardWalk Villas

For a while, it seemed that the Boardwalk View rooms had been completed and were available to guests. However, if you walk along the boardwalk, it’s clear that a large group of rooms in the Crest O’ the Wave section is not open to guests. The entire facade is covered in scaffolding as construction crews work on the exterior. It appears that this section will get wooden panels similar to the exteriors of the adjacent sections. Whatever the case may be, this change in inventory helps explain why some guests with Boardwalk View rooms have been moved in recent weeks. Some have been moved to the Inn side of the BoardWalk while others have been offered rooms in other resorts.

This refurbishment also means that the BoardWalk open house is not available at the moment.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

IMG_4120.jpg

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs looks closer to completion with its signage and lighting looking complete. A glimpse of the windows shows that the menu will include their Mexican Street Corn Dog, lemonade, and cotton candy.
What do you mean by "It appears that this section will get wooden panels similar to the exteriors of the adjacent sections"?

What do you mean by "It appears that this section will get wooden panels similar to the exteriors of the adjacent sections"?
I did not write the article, I just copy and paste from a blog. However, I assume they are referencing the look of the rest of the Boardwalk, which has wood panels. The building that they are currently renovating was all stucco. I guess they are going to change it to match the rest of the Boardwalk buildings.

For reference, they are working on the light blue section… you can see the exteriors are different to the left and right with paneling.

1714390413054.jpeg

I did not write the article, I just copy and paste from a blog. However, I assume they are referencing the look of the red building pictured above next-door that has wood panels. The building that they are currently renovating was all stucco. I guess they are going to change it to match the rest of the Boardwalk buildings.

For reference, they are working on the light blue section… you can see their exteriors are different.

View attachment 855546
That is what I was afraid the quote meant. The Crest of the Wave section has the best views of both Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks, partly because the balconies are more open.

wondering why this kiosk is taking this long? The food options here are so poor. Unlesd you want Trattoria sit down for breakfast or dinner OR a Signature Flying fish there is crap to choose from. Even the ice cream place during the week doesnt open till3:00?!! Its so sad. Here now and we knew food was slim but its gotten worse over the years.
How is the walk over to Swan Dolphin or Beach or Yacht Club?

I figured between all of them that is similar to the 3 monorail resort offerings.

So plenty of places to eat within easy distance?
I think so. Flying Fish is one of my favorite table service restaurants. Il Mulino at the Swan is good Italian. Dolphin has Blue Zoo, Shula's (if you like a steak house), Yacht & Beach Club have buffets and Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The thing people complain about most is a lack of CS, and/or a food court. BW is in transition, and definitely needs to get moving on the Cake Place and find something to take over the brew pub.
Edited to add that my favorite thing to do is walk over to Epcot for food and drink options. BW is all about location.

How is the walk over to Swan Dolphin or Beach or Yacht Club?

I figured between all of them that is similar to the 3 monorail resort offerings.
the walk isnt bad but having to leave room and get across to get food or snacks its a pain. for a deluxe dvc resort there should be options right here. and we like the food over at bc and yc but when staying here it would and should be easier to grab food at your resort.

I think so. Flying Fish is one of my favorite table service restaurants. Il Mulino at the Swan is good Italian. Dolphin has Blue Zoo, Shula's (if you like a steak house), Yacht & Beach Club have buffets and Yachtsman's Steakhouse. The thing people complain about most is a lack of CS, and/or a food court. BW is in transition, and definitely needs to get moving on the Cake Place and find something to take over the brew pub.
Edited to add that my favorite thing to do is walk over to Epcot for food and drink options. BW is all about location.
yes location to walk to 2 parks. for sure!

I think the issue with food selection at Boardwalk is worse for those of us who have been there a while. It seemed 10-20 years ago you could get food all over the Boardwalk, and well into the evening (11pm or so at least) - kiosks served cheesesteaks, burgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, pizza window, ESPN sport/pub food, Three Rivers for similar fare, two sit-down restaurants with Flying Fish and Trattoria, food at Leaping Horse, Bakery, Ice Cream, continental breakfast at Belle Vue. Lately, ice cream doesn't open until 3, deli closes at 10, Carousel Coffee closes at 3:30, Leaping Horse closes at 9, funnel cakes are closed, ToGo kiosk gone, ESPN gone, Big River gone.

It's most painful for late-nighters - Boardwalk used to be hopping at 10pm after Epcot closed - all the food kiosks and spots were still packed, lots of variety, people out and about enjoying. Now, it's almost dead in the evening, with the only action being a handful of people by the pizza window, and the Jelly Rolls/Atlantic crowd, most of whom seem to be locals from town or conventioneers staying down that end of the Boardwalk.

I'm happy I can walk over to Swan & Dolphin to grab stuff, but it's definitely less convenient coming back from the parks at night - not being able to grab some quick food to bring back to the room or popping into something like Big River or ESPN for quick American pub food and a drink or two with a lively crowd.

I think the issue with food selection at Boardwalk is worse for those of us who have been there a while. It seemed 10-20 years ago you could get food all over the Boardwalk, and well into the evening (11pm or so at least) - kiosks served cheesesteaks, burgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, pizza window, ESPN sport/pub food, Three Rivers for similar fare, two sit-down restaurants with Flying Fish and Trattoria, food at Leaping Horse, Bakery, Ice Cream, continental breakfast at Belle Vue. Lately, ice cream doesn't open until 3, deli closes at 10, Carousel Coffee closes at 3:30, Leaping Horse closes at 9, funnel cakes are closed, ToGo kiosk gone, ESPN gone, Big River gone.

It's most painful for late-nighters - Boardwalk used to be hopping at 10pm after Epcot closed - all the food kiosks and spots were still packed, lots of variety, people out and about enjoying. Now, it's almost dead in the evening, with the only action being a handful of people by the pizza window, and the Jelly Rolls/Atlantic crowd, most of whom seem to be locals from town or conventioneers staying down that end of the Boardwalk.

I'm happy I can walk over to Swan & Dolphin to grab stuff, but it's definitely less convenient coming back from the parks at night - not being able to grab some quick food to bring back to the room or popping into something like Big River or ESPN for quick American pub food and a drink or two with a lively crowd.
While I said that there were good food options nearby, I don't disagree with this at all. I've been staying at BW for many, many years. The area is a shell of itself in a number of ways, however, I'm hoping it will improve going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter