The important deails

MrsIncredible1974

Mouseketeer
We've booked flights, accommodation, ADR's. FP+ are planned and the currency arrangements made.

So, on to the next issues...

Shoes - I love Sketchers for the days in the parks when we're on our feet from rope drop to the end of wishes. Anyone else got any recommendations?

Hair - I need my straighteners for a day in the Manchester rain so you can only imagine what the Florida humidity does to me. Any suggestions other than a fortnights supply of hair elastics and Disney caps?

Thanks as always xx

i pull my hair back in scrunchies...
it's way tooooooooooooo hot to keep my hair down!!!!!!!!!
i pull it back and either braid it (when it's down, it's to the middle of my back) or fold it back on itself in the scrunchie..
not pretty but so much cooler than all that thick long curly hair..
when it's down it's like having a fur coat on....ugh....in that florida heat/ humidity? no way

shoes? i wear my nikes (i think the pegasus line)

in the water parks i wear my source sandals..

Personally although I do love my Sketchers I'm a fan of Merrell sandals for all day in the park.

I love my croc flip flops although I know flip flops are not to everyones tastes. I discovered Yugo hair straightener a few years ago and it's wonderful. I have it done once a year just before our summer trip and never have a need to use straightners.

I cant wear toe post flip flops - they make my calves ache!

Tell me about the Yuko treatment, I've been online and the Toni & Guy near work does it. Is it heinously expensive?

We went in July last year and my hair was strictly tied back as even if I had straightened it before going out it would have been a frizz bomb after about 5 minutes !!

As for shoes I like to wear sandals, such as pikolinos or rieker, but as it rained quirky a lot I found my pair of crocs (bought from WDW with the little Mickey heads on) were ideal as they just dried out, or I could wipe them down.

Speaking of hair straighteners if you do get a frizz bomb there is a solution.. i recently discovered the ceramic straightening brush. I love it, the fact that i do not have to worry burning myself up in the process is absolutely to die for. Haha. As for the shoes, i guess i am on the flip-flops bandwagon :)

Footwear is always my oldest most worn in trainers. I like one that breather. Last trip had a perfectly worn in pair of Adidas. Not yet scruffy but nice and mounded. As for hair frizz. I've give up. I just wear a cap.

I cant wear toe post flip flops - they make my calves ache!

Tell me about the Yuko treatment, I've been online and the Toni & Guy near work does it. Is it heinously expensive?

My local salon does it for £300 which sounds a lot but I only have it done once a year and it saves me so much time. For the first six months or so after having it done I only have to blast my hair with the dryer and it's straight - and I have very frizzy hair! It's made my life so easy that I feel the money is worth it. I'm not sure how much it'd be in a branded salon but quite a few of the local salons in my area offer it for between £250 - £300. It takes five hours to do!

I always take well worn in footwear there is nothing worse than blistered feet from new shoes on holiday. I wear sketchers go walks, Birkenstock sandals and Crocs flip flops but they have some lovely styles in sandals these days too. Walking sandals Karrimor or Merrels for those intense park days are a must. Dress sandals only for date night or a signature place, WDW isn't the place for walking around in heels all day long.

Thank you for all the lovely advice. I'm wearing in two pairs of sketchers for our August trip although I have just found some beautiful black sparkly 4" heel sandals with Mickey ears on the back of the heel piece but I'd be worried about catching them in the tramlines on Main Street!

Bring a couple of pairs of shoes if you are there for a long trip - it helps your feet to change things up.

I have Tevas walking sandals which are fine for whole days in the parks. (and it doesn't matter if they get wet)

Then a pair of low top converse or such, which pack really flat, but mean I have closed toe options too, and can change it up a bit so I am not wearing the same shoes all the time for a fortnight...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter