The Irish are going to Disneyland.

Our flight details arrived today.. three different time zones in one day! I'm tired/bored just thinking about it zzzzzzz

:furious: When you go away to Disney parks how often would you spend on the phone back to your hometown to a friend or family member?

And do you think it's normal to take alot of photos of something you like doing or have never seen before?

:furious:

:furious: When you go away to Disney parks how often would you spend on the phone back to your hometown to a friend or family member?

And do you think it's normal to take alot of photos of something you like doing or have never seen before?

I only call home if my husband or Claire didn't come with me. I usually try to call once a day, but it doesn't always work. When I cruise without them, they might get 1 call because it's to pricey to call unless I am in a port that allows cheaper calls.

Now the photos...you got to ask someone else because I take a ton on any vacation or event! :thumbsup2

I only call home if my husband or Claire didn't come with me. I usually try to call once a day, but it doesn't always work. When I cruise without them, they might get 1 call because it's to pricey to call unless I am in a port that allows cheaper calls.
I get that with family.. with a friend I don't. When I got away I don't want to hear from anyone except Mickey Mouse :rotfl2:

Now the photos...you got to ask someone else because I take a ton on any vacation or event! :thumbsup2
lol me to. :lmao:

petals said:

The only time we call home is if an immediate family member isn't with us. I might text message with friends like send them pictures. As far as photos I take photos of whatever gets my attention and interest.

I know you said no dates being said i just wanted to say i hope its middle nov so you can at least see some of the Christmas stuff we will be there nov 12-116th so we are excited i know at least by that weekend they should have Christmas stuff up. i checked the past calendars. last year the 8th is when stuff started, the year before that was the 11 or 12th, so i think ill be lucky also that early of nov will mean less crowds.

I hope you and your fam have a blast
one more thing Photo pass+ not just photo pass that way you can get all the ride pics too

The only time we call home is if an immediate family member isn't with us. I might text message with friends like send them pictures. As far as photos I take photos of whatever gets my attention and interest.
I don't tend to text or phone anyone on holidays. Maybe my sister in law as she's our TA and always wants to know the room and that is ok but otherwise I don't want to hear from Ireland until I'm back there :rotfl:

With photos I just snap what I like and don't actually think about how many there are until I see them all on the computer afterwards :rolleyes1

I know you said no dates being said i just wanted to say i hope its middle nov so you can at least see some of the Christmas stuff we will be there nov 12-116th so we are excited i know at least by that weekend they should have Christmas stuff up. i checked the past calendars. last year the 8th is when stuff started, the year before that was the 11 or 12th, so i think ill be lucky also that early of nov will mean less crowds.
I think we'll just miss you but I read the Christmas decorations go up around the 7th/8th so you should see some :)

I hope you and your fam have a blast
one more thing Photo pass+ not just photo pass that way you can get all the ride pics too
I was looking at that. I'm not sure we'll be going on any of the rides that offer the photos but I still think the price isn't to bad if you pre order so will prob get that before I go. I like my photos :)

Not really trip related but those of you that followed my trip reports before will probably know by now that every Wednesday I travel to Dublin for dance lessons and Dublin is the home of Ireland's only Disney store so naturally enough I can't walk past without going in. Yesterday was super stormy so I went to Dublin but had to go home before dancing because they were threatening to cancel buses if the storms got worse and I couldn't take a chance because was working this morning whatever. I did have time to go in to the Disney store before I had to go home though and they had a new window display it had been Anna and Elsa for Frozen but changed to Tinkerbell and the pirate fairy now:

Anna was moved to just outside the princess room inside the shop:

And I also stole some hugs from this guy because I was a little upset over something yesterday:

He will be mine someday :lovestruc
I also picked up a Dublin store pin:

I read online that Scoop comes out on Main Street USA and you can trade with him and he has special pins that none of the CM's would have so I wanted to get a special Irish pin (you can only buy them in the Dublin store) for to trade with him if I manage to find him. I know he's definately in WDW but hoping he's in DL as well.

Finally Happy Valentine's day to all my Disney friends. Hope you all get spoiled:

I we knew exactly what day the Christmas stuff starts. Because if i could move it up like two days I would but i'm to worried id miss things. I know last year was the earliest start on nov 8th i just wonder if it will be like that this year. Also here is hoping they do a Christmas party like we have been hearing is a rumor to start some time soon

I we knew exactly what day the Christmas stuff starts. Because if i could move it up like two days I would but i'm to worried id miss things. I know last year was the earliest start on nov 8th i just wonder if it will be like that this year. Also here is hoping they do a Christmas party like we have been hearing is a rumor to start some time soon

One of the dis Disney TA's told me they only did a Halloween party in DL would be great if they did a Christmas party. The one in WDW is great for the rare characters alone

yep but there has been rumors for the last two years that they are thinking about trying a Christmas party in DL some one said the earliest they could see it is this year so ya im hoping but also not gonna be to bummed if it don't happen

yep but there has been rumors for the last two years that they are thinking about trying a Christmas party in DL some one said the earliest they could see it is this year so ya im hoping but also not gonna be to bummed if it don't happen

That would be cool but i'd be happy enough with just the christmas stuff in the parks anyway :goodvibes

Originally Posted by Tasscrapper View Post
I used to live in England and went back this summer with the whole family but never made it to Ireland. Maybe someday.
Ireland is pretty similar to England it's nice here though just very far from Disney

sorry but i don't think Ireland is similar to England at all. Ireland is so much more beautiful and friendly and wonderful. I want to live there someday. <3

we're making our first trip to DL this October for the Halloween festivities. I'm quite excited.

I love that Dublin pin! How adorable is that! I am sorry that you were having a bad day. I hope that you are having a better day and I hope the storm wasn't too terribly bad.

I have heard that crowds are low and the decorations are up in November. My son went with his best friends family in November one year and it was decorated. When we were there in last month early in the month it was fun to be in a Christmas atmosphere.

I love the Dublin pin and the fairie merchandise.

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.

f_zps35fb2fcc.jpg
[/URL]
I read online that Scoop comes out on Main Street USA and you can trade with him and he has special pins that none of the CM's would have so I wanted to get a special Irish pin (you can only buy them in the Dublin store) for to trade with him if I manage to find him. I know he's definately in WDW but hoping he's in DL as well.

Wow, I love that pin. Next time I'm in Dublin I'll have to get one. My girls love to wear their pins on lanyards. We have our first Disneyland visit in July and we're just so excited :goodvibes

Oh bother! Ever wish you could skip certain days of the week sometimes?! One of the days this week is going to be very hard for me and I'd sooner skip over it than face it but I have to and I was coming here all depressed thinking about it and then saw my little countdown thing in my signature and it's like 9 months exactly and I just squealled and smiled.. If this is what i'm like 9 months out what will I be like with a month left to go :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

sorry but i don't think Ireland is similar to England at all. Ireland is so much more beautiful and friendly and wonderful. I want to live there someday. <3
I meant weather wise England and Ireland are similar. Ireland is pretty and people do seem friendlier over here though.. Even when we went to DLP in 2012 some of the rude guests we encountered were British :(

we're making our first trip to DL this October for the Halloween festivities. I'm quite excited.
I wanted to go during October originally for the Halloween party but the flights were to expensive

I love that Dublin pin! How adorable is that! I am sorry that you were having a bad day. I hope that you are having a better day and I hope the storm wasn't too terribly bad.
Eugh it's all just nervousness about something. I'll talk more about it eventually prob but the storms have died down a little bit. It's still raining alot but the flooding has stopped for now at least and the crazy winds we had last week.

I have heard that crowds are low and the decorations are up in November. My son went with his best friends family in November one year and it was decorated. When we were there in last month early in the month it was fun to be in a Christmas atmosphere.
One of the other wonderful dis ladies was letting me look up the crowd calendars on her touring plans page and the first week we're there it's all very low the second week seems to go a bit mental because it's getting nearer Thanksgiving I guess :confused3 I can't wait to see all the Christmas stuff though and been trying to tell Momma about the castle so she doesn't get overly disappointed... my words to explain were something along the lines of: you know how in WDW and DLP you go to the bottom of Main Street and are all like WOW look at the big pretty castle yeah well in DL it's going to be more like eh where's the castle?! :rotfl2:

I love the Dublin pin and the fairie merchandise.

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.

Valentine's day was quiet. I had a day off work though which is always good. The Dublin store have their own range of merchandise including t-shirts, plushies and other bits you should get your son to get you some when he's over. I have the Irish Mickey and Minnie must take a pic to show you :)

Wow, I love that pin. Next time I'm in Dublin I'll have to get one. My girls love to wear their pins on lanyards. We have our first Disneyland visit in July and we're just so excited :goodvibes
They're cute pins and I love how they can only be bought in the Dublin store.. well sometimes on ds.co.uk but mostly in the Dublin store :goodvibes

For a non disney day we want to do a tour of hollywood but is it better to use one of the bus tours that will collect in anaheim or how hard is it to get from Anaheim to Los Angeles yourself to pick up the bus tours in Los Angeles because I would like to have enough time at Disney Studio stores to get a very large ice-cream mainly :lmao::goodvibes

KatMark these are the Irish Mickey and Minnie that the Dublin Disney store have

They also have Goofy, Donald and Pluto in that range :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter