The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

:headache: And now it will be forever until we hear about it! You still have two trips before this one!

I do?

I think.... not.

I didn't actually call you a jerk, just said you were trying to make me do it.

I did, didn't I? What a jerk move that was!

I never said I agreed.

Awww... you love me, don't you?

Well if you want to take us to dinner, you can take us to Knott’s. We can have fried chicken dinner and Boysenberry pie for dessert!

Deal!

Get out of your old place so you can travel! I'm just going to keep repeating myself until you get it done ;).

a-fight-club-meme-slamming-united-captures-a-disturbing-truth-about-airlines-and-people-who-fly-coach.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that one floating around on the interwebs.

Tell her it's for me. I bet she'd be okay with it.

:laughing:

I don't mind if your room doesn't. :rolleyes2

Fine. I'll just take you off the list!

Physically or emotionally?

:scratchin Good question.

supposed to remember, too????

Well I do! :snooty:

Oh, no. She had a Jazz musician come to her school. He wrote some of the music for it.
I think he played with... Benny Goodman? Someone well known like that.

Hmmmm.....not many of those cats left.

:laughing:

That's because I don't drink much. That's what I meant.

So you're OK with the one out of five drinks. I could drink the ones you don't like.

I do?

I think.... not.

Well you've got Jasper, and you did tell us you were going to do a bit about Vegas. That's two.

I did, didn't I? What a jerk move that was!

See there you go, trying to do it again.....

Awww... you love me, don't you?

Of course I do, I wouldn't have accepted your ring if I didn't.

:thumbsup2

Get out of your old place so you can travel! I'm just going to keep repeating myself until you get it done ;).

:laughing: Well I did take two more things out of there today!

Yeah, I've seen that one floating around on the interwebs.

There are soooo many.

Fine. I'll just take you off the list!

Whoops! Okay! Okay! You can have the Jacuzzi.

Well I do! :snooty:

Yeah, but you're a better person than I am.

Hmmmm.....not many of those cats left.

I'll see if I can get the details from Kay.

So you're OK with the one out of five drinks. I could drink the ones you don't like.

See? We make a perfect team!

Well you've got Jasper, and you did tell us you were going to do a bit about Vegas. That's two.

Hmm... Well, I'm in Jasper now (on the TR, I mean).
And... I'm not positive if I'll do Vegas or not.

Dunno.
If I do, it would be more of a one or two parter, I think.

See there you go, trying to do it again.....

Should I stop, then?

Of course I do, I wouldn't have accepted your ring if I didn't.

:hug:

I know I have a couple more TRs to catch up on, but I'm taking advantage of being practically caught up on comments to post another update. But first another transgression with respect to the travel moratorium, I booked another Fantasy cruise to travel with @dizneeat and @Pinkocto . It's almost a year and a half from now, so there's no worries that we'll be done by then.

No progress on the old house since last weekend, we've been too busy with taxes and F&W. Plus we had some extra residents there last week. Darcy (our cleaning lady) had her house fumigated last week and has almost as many Cats as we do, so they couldn't really stay at a motel. Her Cats were freaked out enough being in a new place, us moving things all around would have just exacerbated the situation. But now that’s all done we should be able to concentrate on the house.

Lastly we have another apartment up for rent. Hopefully it won't be long until this one is rented.

Back to the TR!

Mickey Mouse would be out at 5PM. Tonight was formal night, and I had a whole list of photo ops that I wanted to do. On formal night, they also hold a Captain's Reception.which means the officers are out to mingle with the guests, and waiters walking around with trays containing various beverages, adult and non alcoholic. By the time we were both dressed, it was already 5:15. We decided to skip Mickey as his line was probably long and instead went for Jiminy Cricket who is a rare character.

Throughout the course of the evening I was lucky enough to score multiple glasses of wine as we mingled in the atrium.

We were going to meet with Minnie, but realized that we might miss out on Disabled seating for the Aladdin show, so instead we went to the theater and were seated in the top row where Fran could stay in her scooter. She wanted some popcorn so I went to the concession stand to purchase some for her. I milked one of my complimentary glasses of wine throughout the show.

It was completely packed! As the show was starting people continued to arrive. I'm not sure if they let people stand but I believe all the seats were full.

No photography is allowed during the show, so sorry no pictures. It was a good show, not quite as thrilling as the show at DCA used to be, however it did capture all the key elements. I was in tears most of the show, partly due to the storyline, and the other part because they replaced my favorite show with Frozen. The genie made a couple “Frozen” jokes and I hope he was not alluding to the mortality of this show, now that they are showing Frozen on the Wonder.

After the show we decided not to try for any character photos and instead did a few formal portraits. First in front of the mosaic.

Then we finally did the white background. I've been wanting to do one of these for sometime now, but they never had it on the ships I've been on before.

After that I grabbed another glass of wine and we headed up to the Buena Vista Theater. You see the second night of our cruise was Oscar night. Rarely do we see many of the movies that are up for Oscars, but I think it has something to do with living in the Greater LA area that we always enjoy watching the Oscars, Golden Globes and the Emmys. Normally we watch them on DVR delay at home, but when I realized we would be on the ship for Oscar night we had to scramble a bit to figure out how to work it in. That’s why we were in Royal Palace on the first night. We skipped our Main dining room seating for the show. Initially we thought we would have dinner at Cabanas after seeing Aladdin, but neither of us were hungry so that’s why we took pictures instead.

When we arrived at the theater, there was only one other person in there, and upon entering we were informed that they were having technical difficulties and it would be closer to 9PM that they would actually be able to tune into the broadcast. We decided that even though we weren't all that hungry it would be a good idea to get a little bite to eat. We hadn't had anything but booze in the last eight hours, so we went up to Deck 11 and split a cheeseburger and fries.

The place was dead, it was so calm and peaceful. I'm going to guess that everyone was at the Aladdin show or dinner.

We took a stroll through the family area and it was also quite empty.

Then we went back down to the BV theater to wait for the show. It was just after 9PM they got it going, so we missed the opening monologue.

We had filled out questionnaires to guess who would win each of the categories, and the prize was a goody bag so we had a stake in who won what.

They didn't have licensing to show the commercials, so in between takes they asked trivia questions and the prize was always a Disney key chain. Fran won the first one. I almost won a round, but when they asked the longest (in minutes) Oscar winning picture, I wanted to say Gone With The Wind, but Fran insisted it was Ben Hur. Had I gone with my gut, I coulda had a key chain too.

In the end we did not win the goody bag, and it was a very late night, but I'm glad we were watching it live. I would have hated to hear the news the next morning and not have known first hand what a blunder occurred!

We went back to the room and it was just about midnight. There was a note to move you clocks ahead one hour, so now it was 1AM. Our towel animal was waiting for us.

All I'd eaten since brunch was about a quarter cheeseburger and a few fries. I had that feeling in my stomach that if I didn't eat something, I would be up all night. So I ordered a steak panini from room service.

I put on Bedknobs and Broomsticks. It was mentioned in the trivia tonight. I remembered loving it as a kid, but didn't remember anything about it at all. The sandwich showed up maybe 20 minutes later and it came with some chips. We got our Navigator, but I don’t think I really perused it well that night.

Fran finished off the tiny bit of my sandwich that I couldn't eat, and it was good. Since I wanted to actually see Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I put on Princess and the Frog to drowse, and fell asleep before Prince Naveen even came to town. Fran said she didn't even make it to the part when they both turned into toads. And we were both out.

Well dang, two updates! Will try to get some comments in before I need to baby wrangle- currently asleep in the carseat (win!)

Palo...so great! You do a great job capturing it! The chicken is yummy- it's actually something I haven't tried making, but I really should- key is to pound it pretty thin hey?
I love the sticky buns- they are so tasty, pretty sure I went back for one more, along with the chocolate strawberries- I remember the strawberries actually tasted like strawberries..some of the ones you buy these days just taste like..I don't know- dirt?

Your mixology looks as fun as ever! You are the muddle queen! Our group was a great group off our FE- and boy did we have a good time- there were a a few "no shows" and thus extra drinks hehe. I think I will try some of those recipes- like you I do tend to prefer sour-ish over sweet but they sound nice

Score on JC for your formal pictures!

The fries and wine pic cracked me up- yum!

The ship at night was nice to walk around, we enjoyed doing that.

Did you have a good genie? We will also miss the show at CA

But first another transgression with respect to the travel moratorium, I booked another Fantasy cruise to travel with @dizneeat and @Pinkocto .

How nice that you have another cruise booked.

It's almost a year and a half from now, so there's no worries that we'll be done by then.

I think if you are not moved out by then, you really need to worry.

Plus we had some extra residents there last week. Darcy (our cleaning lady) had her house fumigated last week and has almost as many Cats as we do, so they couldn't really stay at a motel.

That is nice that you gave them a place to stay.

Lastly we have another apartment up for rent. Hopefully it won't be long until this one is rented.

I keep my fingers crossed for you. You seem to have quite a bit of turnover at the moment.

We decided to skip Mickey as his line was probably long and instead went for Jiminy Cricket who is a rare character.

That is great that you got to see Jiminy Cricket.

Throughout the course of the evening I was lucky enough to score multiple glasses of wine as we mingled in the atrium.

That is great that they now offer wine as on option. On all of our Disney cruises, they only ever offered cocktails.

We were going to meet with Minnie, but realized that we might miss out on Disabled seating for the Aladdin show, so instead we went to the theater and were seated in the top row where Fran could stay in her scooter.

That sounds like it worked out great.

It was completely packed! As the show was starting people continued to arrive. I'm not sure if they let people stand but I believe all the seats were full.

It is nice that this show was so popular.

The genie made a couple “Frozen” jokes and I hope he was not alluding to the mortality of this show, now that they are showing Frozen on the Wonder.

I hope not. I was under the impression that Frozen at California Adventure is not one of there bigger successes.

First in front of the mosaic.

That is such a beautiful backdrop for a photo.

I've been wanting to do one of these for sometime now, but they never had it on the ships I've been on before.

That really surprises me. On all the cruises I have done, they had this out at least a couple of times.

When we arrived at the theater, there was only one other person in there, and upon entering we were informed that they were having technical difficulties and it would be closer to 9PM that they would actually be able to tune into the broadcast.

What a shame that they had technical issues. I am glad that they got them resolved.

The place was dead, it was so calm and peaceful. I'm going to guess that everyone was at the Aladdin show or dinner.

I have always loved the time when people were at early dinner and the early show for just that reason. This does not work out the same on Royal Caribbean as the show for people with late dinner is usually after dinner and there are a lot of people on My Time Dining, too.

We had filled out questionnaires to guess who would win each of the categories, and the prize was a goody bag so we had a stake in who won what.

That was a nice touch.

They didn't have licensing to show the commercials, so in between takes they asked trivia questions and the prize was always a Disney key chain. Fran won the first one. I almost won a round, but when they asked the longest (in minutes) Oscar winning picture, I wanted to say Gone With The Wind, but Fran insisted it was Ben Hur. Had I gone with my gut, I coulda had a key chain too.

What a fun thing to do. What a shame that you did not win anything.

We went back to the room and it was just about midnight. There was a note to move you clocks ahead one hour, so now it was 1AM.

Oh, that sounds painful.

The sandwich showed up maybe 20 minutes later and it came with some chips.

The sandwich looked really nice.

Corinna

Great update!

That ship is gorgeous and especially stunning at night. And the kiddie pool area looks almost doable. I cannot tell you what total chaos it is during the day. :scared: Disney needs to make their kids' pool area bigger.

Your formal photos are wonderful. Jiminy is one of my favorites.

Fun watching the Oscars on the ship. I missed the live blunder. We don't have cable anymore, haven't for about a year but I did see it on YouTube.

Glad you got an other apartment ready to rent. Keep up the pace! And yay for another cruise booked with Pam!!!! :woohoo:

Yay for our cruise!!!!!! party: party: party:

Cute towel animal! Is it a rhino?

Love the ship when it seems empty, its so magical.

Fun fun fun to watch the Oscars on the ship.

We skipped Aladdin the last time we were on the Fantasy. Must correct that.

I booked another Fantasy cruise to travel with @dizneeat and @Pinkocto

:jumping1: party::boat: party: :jumping1:

The cat is out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!

logo2018%201_zpstu8wn99w.jpg

Couldn't resist. ;)

Love the pics with Jiminy! He really is a rare character - I don't think we have ever seen him on board.

That's when we like to hit the hot tub. We will sometimes either skip dinner altogether or eat at Cabanas and hit the pool or hot tub while everyone else is at dinner or at a show.

Tom likes it too - it's one yummy sandwich!

I put on Princess and the Frog to drowse, and fell asleep before Prince Naveen even came to town. Fran said she didn't even make it to the part when they both turned into toads. And we were both out.

You two sound a lot like us! Only that we watch something Gordon Ramsay and fall asleep despite his swearing. :rotfl2:

We skipped Aladdin the last time we were on the Fantasy. Must correct that.

Pamela, that was a mistake - it is such a great show. Not as great as the one at DL, but given it is performed on a ship it is awesome (hope I make sense).

Nice update!

Love that you got pics with Jiminy Cricket!

Your formal night dress is really pretty

How fun that you were able to watch the Oscars in the theater on the ship. I also rarely get to see too many of the ones that end up nominated but I still like to watch all the award shows.

So great you have a cruise booked with your friends, it's fun to cruise with a group.

Love your formal night photos!!!

Aladdin was a great show, it was one of the only ones we caught on the Fantasy in January but I do agree, not *quite* as good as the old one at DCA. But I would definitely catch it again if we are ever on the Fantasy (hoping for later in 2018!)

Love those late night, empty ship wanderings :thumbsup2

Pamela, that was a mistake - it is such a great show. Not as great as the one at DL, but given it is performed on a ship it is awesome (hope I make sense).

When we heard how much everyone enjoyed it we realized our mistake! I think we just enjoyed the Rainforest Room that night, it was so nice, and empty.

I LOVE the Friends picture! :teeth:

You guys look great as always! I would have wanted to see Jiminy too. I'd like to do Palo for dinner one day. But I love Italian so the chicken parm and lasagna would have been a hit for me! Was the waterslide open when you were up there? If so, that's when I would want to go.

Congrats on having another trip booked! I'm sure you'll have #1 rented out by then.
Say hello to Darcy for me.

What an awesome update. You and Fran look amazing and I love the picture with Jiminy! You're right about him being rare.
Good job walking round and taking pictures of the empty ship.
Glad you got to see the Oscars'. I was watching it live as well. That was one almighty blunder, wasn't it?

I love Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I think that's one of the first Disney movies I remember.

That is awesome that they showed the Oscars on the boat in the theater! Seems like such a nice set up and the trivia sounds like fun too (I love trivia!)

Joining in...first time on one of your TR! We have our very first cruise scheduled for this December and I can't stop thinking about it. Your TR is the PERFECT way to daydream about our future cruise. I'm absolutely loving all the pictures and details. Your writing is so fun to read and your descriptions really bring the experience to life. Can't wait to read more...and good luck with getting completely out of your old apartment! We just moved ourselves and I have an exciting day of getting odds and ends out and cleaning the old one, so I feel a little of your pain. And now I have to go try to find your other TR to enjoy while I drink my coffee and put off cleaning for a little longer. :rolleyes1

But first another transgression with respect to the travel moratorium, I booked another Fantasy cruise to travel with @dizneeat and @Pinkocto . It's almost a year and a half from now, so there's no worries that we'll be done by then.

Hmmmm... Serious question: Would you like company?
No. Not in your cabin or anything! But... I've never been on a cruise and.... every time we talk about it, we always worry about being sea sick. Our neighbors were really sick on theirs, although TBH, it may have been the flu.

But... if I have an actual firm date....

Maybe we could have a DISmeet at sea!

Darcy (our cleaning lady) had her house fumigated last week and has almost as many Cats as we do,

OMG! She fumigated her cats!?!!?!?

:faint:

Mickey Mouse would be out at 5PM.

"The traps were laid out at 4:30."

We decided to skip Mickey as his line was probably long and instead went for Jiminy Cricket who is a rare character.

I'm not big into characters as you know. But even I would have stood in line for Jiminy.

We were going to meet with Minnie, but realized that we might miss out on Disabled seating for the Aladdin show, so instead we went to the theater and were seated in the top row where Fran could stay in her scooter.

Is it an earlier seating? Or just limited seating?

No photography is allowed during the show, so sorry no pictures.

What???

A really good TR writer would have taken some anyway.
The lifetime banning from all things Disney would've been worth it.

I was in tears most of the show, partly due to the storyline, and the other part because they replaced my favorite show with Frozen.

"And partly because Fran had parked her scooter on my foot."

After the show we decided not to try for any character photos and instead did a few formal portraits. First in front of the mosaic.

Then we finally did the white background. I've been wanting to do one of these for sometime now, but they never had it on the ships I've been on before.

Hmmm...

I really like them both, but I like the mosaic one the best.
1. I like the handholding pose better.
2. I guess because I shoot those myself, the luster isn't quite there.

(An example.)
DSC01932d_ipod.jpg

I think it has something to do with living in the Greater LA area that we always enjoy watching the Oscars, Golden Globes and the Emmys.

I don't typically watch the GGs and almost never watch the Emmys... but I always watch the Oscars.

When we arrived at the theater, there was only one other person in there, and upon entering we were informed that they were having technical difficulties and it would be closer to 9PM that they would actually be able to tune into the broadcast.

Well.... crap.

We decided that even though we weren't all that hungry it would be a good idea to get a little bite to eat.

Good idea. Especially considering this year the Oscars were over 18 hours long.

It's like a ghost ship!

We took a stroll through the family area and it was also quite empty.

I'm thinking, except for late at night, that's a rarity.

It was just after 9PM they got it going, so we missed the opening monologue.

Too bad. That's usually one of my favourite parts.

They didn't have licensing to show the commercials,

No. .... Commercials.... :faint:

Fran won the first one.

Way to go Fran!

I almost won a round, but when they asked the longest (in minutes) Oscar winning picture, I wanted to say Gone With The Wind, but Fran insisted it was Ben Hur. Had I gone with my gut, I coulda had a key chain too.

I would've guessed Ben Hur too.

But at 2.5 hours, it's almost half the length of Wind's 4 hours!

In the end we did not win the goody bag, and it was a very late night, but I'm glad we were watching it live. I would have hated to hear the news the next morning and not have known first hand what a blunder occurred!

I heard it before I watched. I was working and didn't watch til the next day (or two). But the PVR cut out well before the final Oscar was even starting to be presented... even though I'd added 30 minutes to the recording.

Cute l'il guy.

So I ordered a steak panini from room service.

That looks... bland. How was it?

I put on Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I loved that show when I was a kid!

I remembered loving it as a kid, but didn't remember anything about it at all.

I remember the flying bed... and the suits of armour.... but that's about it.

Since I wanted to actually see Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I put on Princess and the Frog to drowse

Had to read that twice.
"Wants to watch it... so turns it off...."

and fell asleep before Prince Naveen even came to town. Fran said she didn't even make it to the part when they both turned into toads. And we were both out.

Awwww.... good night, ladies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter