The Lion King Show in AK

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
Hi everyone,

Need some help.

The first time me and my sister were at WDW was in 2000. We are both in ECV's and I remember having to transfer to a bench in the front row for The Lion King Show at AK. Not sure of the reason. It might have been because of the 2 ECV's together, but not sure on this.

So, I was just wondering, does this show (The Lion King at AK) still require you to transfer to a bench if you are in an ECV or if more than 1 ECV's are involved?

It was not really a big deal when we were there in 2000 because my aide at that time was able to transfer both of us, but for this trip, our aide is unable to do transfers.

I would really like to see this show again. I loved it so much. Anyone have any answers?

Thanks,
Joy

We just returned from our trip on Wednesday and there were many people seated in their ECVs durning the show.

You you want to sit together one of you will need to transfer to a bench. ECVs are placed on the end of designated rows, one on each end. About four or five rows in each section. You could be seated one row behind the other and be close. Explain to the castmember seating you and they will do their best to keep you as close to each other as they can.
Just a heads up. For the first show on Saturday a portion of the Warthog section in the handicapped section is reserved for guests who are deaf and hard of hearing so they can see the show as well as the interpreters.

Besides what Talking Hands mentioned, one of the reasons that people with ecvs are asked to transfer to a seat is that most people using ecvs are able to do that. Having those who can transfer sit in a seat saves the spaces for people who are not able to transfer and need to stay in their wheelchair or ecv.
If you are using an ecv (as opposed to a power wheelchair) an assumption is made that you can probably transfer and walk at least a short distance. If that's not the case for you, you should let the CMs know so that they can seat you in an appropriate place.

I thought it was a little odd, when we were there two weeks ago, that the CM did NOT ask me if I could tranfer, just parked me on an end. I am tall (and large, ahem) and did not want to block the view of those behind me, so I transferred to the seat next to me. I sent DS to ask a CM if my ECV should be moved (I know how close those characters come running in!), and the CM just brushed him off. So my ECV got a really good seat for the show!

Just as an aside, this has become my top must-do at this park (and in my top three overall), simply because of the energy and intimacy of the show. DS adores monkeys, and everytime we go, it seems, he gets to interact with one of the characters (if I was just faster with the camera!). Don't miss it!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter