The long trek trip to DLP from the islands last day update

loving your reports and pics

sorry to hear what happened though :( :hug:

Emmer and Shannon are gorgeous and take lovely pics :goodvibes

OMG what photo inlay thingy with wall e ?!!!! my son would LOVE this ?! where was it ?
wall e is his fave :)

x

loving your reports and pics

sorry to hear what happened though :( :hug:

Emmer and Shannon are gorgeous and take lovely pics :goodvibes

OMG what photo inlay thingy with wall e ?!!!! my son would LOVE this ?! where was it ?
wall e is his fave :)

x

it's inside disney studio 1, if you are going into it from the outside it is very near the entrance on the left hand side...they have pictures and things in the window and it has a computer screen showing you the person doing the work, they have tons of different scenes you can go in....ill try to scan and resize mine so you can see what it's like :)

thank you so much

it sounds fab,will definitely be looking out for it in December :)

xx

this is what the pic looks like :)

img017.jpg

The troops have done this photo in the Studios the last 2 years. First was Ratatouillie and this year Lilo and Stitch. They are in my photo link below under Official photos :)

Your experience with Crush was similar to many children :eek:

Day 7

Today we are using the last of our eBay tickets, and park hopping to see what we have missed thus far.
We decide to split up for the morning and meet at the rondez vous des stars for lunch. Shannon and I head for the Disneyland park and ady and Emma the movie studios, from this point I can only tell you what we got up to.
We headed straight for dumbo this morning to try and ride that first, this was the only ride I saw anywhere in the park with a queue again grrrrr, we pass on this and go and do the teacups, twice, Shannon loves this one lol, the carousel next, Peter pan (which she thought was going to be like crush and have a big drop) back to the t cups and then it’s a small world.
I asked her what she would like to do next and she said POTC, so we did that twice (had to force myself you know *ahem*) then on to buzz….where my 4 year old beat me….oh the shame!!!! So we went back on I stole the spin control and I won :thumbsup2
I decided to go look for some characters now as apart from café Mickey we hadn’t seen very many; I headed back to where we had been before (in front of the cookout restaurant?) and not a character in sight, then I saw a path ahead so went a wander down it and found woodys roundup, and we also found Halloween decorations woohooo. I was so pleased they started to put these up and I would like to have been there when they started the parades (I must remember that lottery ticket!!!).
We head into Woody’s and we find Jesse, Shannon whips out her autograph book and gets in line, she is delighted to meet Jesse and is looking for woody, alas no sign of woody (woody is her absolute favourite Disney character followed by wall-e and remmy) she however throws herself with gusto at Jesse and nearly knocks her over with the force of her hug. We just finish with Jesse and Minnie appears and goes into her little house, the picture I got here was one of my favourites of the holiday I have it as my screensaver.
We wander around roundup for a bit and take pics of Shannon on bulls eye and with stinky Pete, and head out again to see characters out front, more or less the same ones as as had been there the day before, but wait, there are more coming

Jesse
Photo024.jpg

minnie-my favorite trip picture
Photo025.jpg

bullseye
Photo026.jpg

out……….ohhhhhhhhh eeyore and tiger, Shannon’s hand is grabbed and we are off at a gallop, and get there first…result, eeyore first (he is my absolute favourite):love: and I manage to get someone to take a picture of us both with him. Then we turn to tiger, he has his back to me and I try to catch his tail, he turns round and gives me his best tiger beady eyed look and wags his finger at me…Shannon cracks up lol. We wait and wait (why oh why are people so rude and can’t just wait their turn) and it is finally Shannon’s turn, when, I see this child about 11 years old, heading for tiger at a flat our run and he has not seen Shannon, I put my arm out to stop him and with the force of his speed, he goes straight on his bum (I did not mean to do this, just to stop him mowing down my child but I am fed up with all the pushing and shoving, at least us brits know how to queue and have manners) so on with the show tiger was a delight and I got lots of pics and he gave me a special cuddle too, wouldn’t let me leave until he had one, so I made myself do it caus I was at Disney and everything you understand *ahem*.:love:

eeyore
Photo028.jpg

tiger
Photo031.jpg

We started to head for the park entrance to move to the movie park for lunch, and saw Donald and went to get a pic there, no joy he was just leaving.
We see chip and dale, daisy, micky, goofy and Pluto at the entrance of movies, but are nearly late and can’t stop. (Apparently this is where the princesses are as well, so we missed that as well, next time though)
We meet ady and Emma, and head in for lunch, I loved it the food was really good in here; I forget how many times I went back up for more. I would go back here fro dinner anyday. I had pate and crusty bread to start, then garlic king prawns, chicken wings, beef buerginoin, with ratatouille and a creamy courgette dish, and tried a little of all the puddings….we waddled out of there and just wanted to sleep lol.
But no, we headed back to the Main Park and Emma and ady headed for Indy (it was shut the first day) and we did pirates, again lol. Then we all headed for the lion king and it was shut, I was disappointed as I really wanted to see this, they were doing a lot of filming while I was there though so might have been something to do with that….hey ho next time.
We headed back down the park and got a spot to wait for the parade near to small world. The parade was really good. Shannon at last saw and woody and was screaming WOODY WOODY WOOOOOODY at him and he must have heard (who didn’t) and waved at her made her whole holiday, tiger was great on his “bouncy legs” great touch, and jasmine and snow white came and spoke with her. All in all we all loved the parade.
We went back to the movie studios and went to Animagique; I loved this show so much and was singing along with all the songs.
I went on RNRC 3 times and had to draw a line under it then as I was starting to loose my voice lol, the other went to TOT again and Shannon and I did cars and carpets. We went into cinemagique and played around in there for a while, and did a little shopping.

parade (i was filming and only got one pic)
disneyparis078.jpg

candlebration
disneyparis086.jpg

and again
disneyparis088.jpg

halloween decs
Photo020.jpg

and more
Photo021.jpg

shannon is in that pot peeping lol

one more
Photo022.jpg

sports bar
Photo040.jpg

We headed back to the main park for candlebration, which was ok, I think this show needs full darkness for the lights to really be effective, but I’m glad I saw it.
We headed for DD and had a couple of beer and some hot dogs and fries for tea, and did lots of shopping, then headed back to the hotel where I did a little packing, got changed and me and ady headed back to DD to have a few drinks.
We came back on the last bus and hit the sack

Next up
More shopping and the long trek home

Wooo Hoo all those characters :dance3: !
We did that too this past trip - coaster fiends went one way, us character stalkers went another :thumbsup2

Wooo Hoo all those characters :dance3: !
We did that too this past trip - coaster fiends went one way, us character stalkers went another :thumbsup2

It was more that there was more for her to do in disney, than that but I was very pleased at how many more characters we saw that morning:)

Last Day

This is our last *sniff sniff* day before the long trek home:sad1:
We had nothing really planned, just a wander around DD for last minute bits and pieces.
We *I* packed, and tidied up the room…oh hello we had carpet:rotfl:
Had a huge breakfast, and made up some rolls for later on
Caught the pink bus, and it was quiet, must have been because most people were at the parks already.
We were going to go up in the balloon, but it was too windy so that was that idea out the window.
More shopping then lol, I bought a jack sparrow towel…yum yum Johnny all wrapped around me when I’m just outta the shower!!!:rolleyes1
Two Disney mugs, one eeyore and one Mickey, a cup with a straw down the side for Shannon again with Mickey. Couple of pens, and a pair of Minnie boots for Shannon which were on sale and a Disney princess top also on sale. :goodvibes
Purse emptied we wandered around there was this random guy skiing around the place, who entertained us for a bit.
Then we went and put our hands in all the handprints at Planet Hollywood mine fitted Dudley Moore and Harrison ford.

harrison
disneyparis092.jpg

dudley
disneyparis093.jpg

We had a good look around the rainforest café, and this is on my to-do list for next time. Shannon spent a long time watching the fish while I shopped awesome!!!!:banana:
And she loved the crocodile had a hard time getting her away from it.
Time was up so we headed back to the hotel, and repacked, seeing as I had bought more, and went down to wait for the shuttle bus, which arrived on time. A wave to Disney on the way and we were on our way home

croc
Photo045.jpg

fish tank
Photo048.jpg

the balloon we never got on
Photo047.jpg

im a princess too
Photo046.jpg

rainforrest snake
Photo050.jpg

last pic at the hotel
Photo056.jpg

tired before we start lol
Photo057.jpg

im bad lol

The journey back seemed even longer than the one out, and we arrived safe and sound Aberdeen at the back of ten, sorted the kid’s beds and flaked.
I got a days shopping in Aberdeen and emptied primark (Orkney has nowhere for cheap kids clothes and mine is rough on hers so I don’t mind throwing out a top that cost a couple of quid lol) and that was my money done lol.
We got the boat at 5pm and were back home at midnight.

That is the end of our epic journey, to recap, highlight of the trip….had to be Shannon’s face everytime she saw a character and the enthusiasm which they gave her:goodvibes , had tears in my eyes many times. My highlight playing around with tiger and my massive hug. Emma’s highlight was just being there, as she had never been out of the UK before…and of course TOT lol . I hope you enjoyed reading this, It took back many memories for me and mostly all of them good, so it seems to have done the job of sorting things in my head.

See you on the boards and thanks for all the kindness and support shown to me throughout my ramblings:love:

Fabulous trip report Paula - the highs, the lows, the highers :cloud9: .
Loved reading it.

awww :cloud9: lovely end to your trip

we loved Rendez Vous Des Stars too ,back in Aug :) would def eat there again

lmao @ you hodling your arm out to that boy (and he went on his butt ! :rotfl: )
have to say i soooo dont blame you ;)

lovely lovely pics :goodvibes thanks for sharing

xx

awww :cloud9: lovely end to your trip

we loved Rendez Vous Des Stars too ,back in Aug :) would def eat there again

lmao @ you hodling your arm out to that boy (and he went on his butt ! :rotfl: )
have to say i soooo dont blame you ;)

lovely lovely pics :goodvibes thanks for sharing

xx
it's crazy the panic people get in, I couldn't get over it. I've been to florida 3 times and never seen behaviour like that around characters, wouldn't mind being a character though then I could iggy little devils like him:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter