The LONGEST PTR ever...2012 here we come! :) *DATES!! PG 10*

*Seanaci*

DIS-obsessed and proud!

disneyvacation266-1.jpg

I've gone and done it.
I've jumped off the deep end.
After much back and forth, hemming and hawing, (amongst my own inner voices I might add) I've decided to start my PTR.
A PTR for a trip which isn't for another year and a half!
Am I bored? You bet.
Am I crazy? Most assuredly. But, I find myself drawn to others TR's and PTR's and needing something to do during my down time.

So, with a bright smile on my face I :welcome: you!

Now on with the show...or should I say PTR.

The Who:

October046-1.jpg

Seanaci (31): Me. DIS fanatic who spends most of my days (anymore) on the DIS reading TR’s and PTR’s (I’m beginning to wonder what I did with my days BEFORE the DIS) I. have been to DL once (1995) and WDW 3 times (1997-off-site, 2003 off-site, 2008 on-site). Fell in love with Disney forever ago on my first trip to DL. I was the planner for the 2008 trip (meaning I priced room rates and park tickets, plane tickets, then booked it all as well as made our only ADR; other than that, going with a 14 month old our day to day touring plans were fly by the seat of our pants) and now this trip as well (though this trip I plan to price room rates, park tickets, book ADR’s,, price plane tickets, book it all and have some sort of touring plan). I’m also known as Mom, daughter, wife, sister and aunt (in that order, lol). And even though (right now) the planning surrounding this trip seems intimidating, I intend to plan with gusto!

October048.jpg

Ken (40): DH. Amazing father to our son and a pretty great husband too. I mean, he does put up with me being on the DIS 12+ hours a day. (Ok, so I exaggerate…it’s not really 12+ hours a day, but it sure feels like it sometimes.) Anywho. He went to DL as a child (around 2 or 3 he tells me) and his first trip to WDW was in 2008. He’s anxious to get back again…as there is a lot he didn’t get to do. He works hard so that I am able to stay at home with our kiddo as long as possible. And for that, I am forever in-debted to him. He’s also working very hard to lose a LOT of weight not only for this trip, but for his health. It was a year ago he was diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on medication. It was also when he started watching what he ate, how much he ate, exercising more (eve if it is/was just a 30 minute walk around the office building where he works) and is down 33 pounds. I’m very proud of him. His weight loss also plays into the length of stay for this trip; which I will explain later.

October014.jpg

Keegan (3): Our only kiddo (for now at least). He’s our world. We took him to WDW for the first time when he was 14 months old back in 2008. He LOVED it. And when he sees pictures now, you can just see the little wheels turning in his head remembering that trip. Currently, all planes that fly over our house are going to “Mickey Mouse house.” He is most like Stitch...or Tigger because he’s soooooo full of energy. However, his favourite movie (and therefore possibly favourite character) is Cars. He doesn’t have one favourite car. No. This kid has the whole LOT of Cars cars. I ordered 6 off E-bay a week before Christmas. And my sister just bought him 6 more. Not to mention every time we walk into the Disney store, he books it for the wall of Cars. And always hands me something he thinks he can’t live without. He will be 4 by the time we go in 2011…and I’m hoping he’s tall enough for some of the bigger rides. We’ll see. (Currently, at 2.5 years old, he is all of 30 pounds and about 34 or 35 inches tall.)

October042.jpg

My Mom (52): Also known as Mimi (I will most likely refer to her this way in the PTR and TR…heck, I call her Mimi on a day to day basis). She’s been to WDW 3 times (1997 off-site, 2003 off-site, 2008 on-site), and DL once (2006). She is so ready to go back to WDW she can practically taste it. She loves her grandkids (besides Keegan, there are two more grandkids who most likely and sadly will never get to go to WDW, but that’s a story for another day and forum altogether) and she and I are not only mother and daughter, but best friends. Part of this stems from me never leaving home. Well, except for the…7 months DH and I moved out right after we found out I was pregnant. But just before Keegan was born, we decided it would be cheaper for us if I quit my job and stayed home with Keegan. However, that also meant moving back in with my parents. But, alas. Because of the layout of our house (we live in a bi-level), they live downstairs 75% of the time and we have run of the upstairs. So it all works out and we get along just swimmingly. Her favourite Disney Character is Winnie the Pooh. In fact, a 3-4 inch Pooh Bear can be found on her left ankle (I think). And it’s quite funny during the summer (as it’s not covered by her long pants or socks) when little ones notice it and point and tell their parent “look! She has Pooh on her ankle.” The faces of the parents are priceless until they look and realize it’s not the poo they think. ;)

October060.jpg

My Dad (58): Also known as Papa (again, most likely how I will refer to him during this PTR and TR). He’s been to WDW 2 times (2003 off-site and 2008 on-site) and DL once (2006). He’s ready to get back to the World as well. As with my mom, he and I get along pretty well (and as stated above in mom’s paragraph) it’s because I never left home. :goodvibes: He tries to compete with me in the who loves Disney more department. But I’m pretty sure I win by a landslide. Just saying. Anyway. I’m not sure he has a favoruite Disney character. But, if I had to pick a character that he is like, I’d have to say he’s a mix of Goofy and Grumpy. He has his moments when he laughs at himself and/or life, and thinks himself funnier than he actually is (I love you dad) and then he has his moments where everything is awful…and he’s grumpy and goes along to get along. All in all though, I’d say it’s a pretty good mix.

I must add in a sort of foot note here. My parents may or may not be along for this trip in the very end. It all depends on my mom’s job situation come fall of 2011. She works in the school district, and as I’m sure many of you know, there are a LOT of cuts being made within education. She just missed being cut for the 2010-2011 school year in the last month. However, the 2011-2012 school year appears to still be up in the air. So, we will see what happens in the end.

I think that about covers the WHO. And since this post is already woefully long, I shall save the rest of the W’s for another (or maybe many other) posts. :D

Thanks for joining in! I look forward to suggestions, advice, new friendships, and fun!

You KNOW I'm in. That photo of Keegan in sunglasses is SO CUUTE!

I'm so glad you're here!

We took that picture a couple weeks ago along Clear Creek coming down the canyon. We went back to the same spot yesterday to maybe get another picture...but the rock he was sitting on was surrounded by water. We've had a TON of rain the last 4 days!

it is never too early to start a PTR:) I am looking forward to hearing about your plans!!! count me in!

Thank you for joining in! I'm hoping this PTR finds more people joining on. With 18 months still to go till the trip, I'm thinking it's a possibility!

New update coming after while.

The When and Where:

We...no...make that I have several dates in mind for this trip. However, they are all dependant on one thing or another (ie work schedules, finances, weight loss). So, as of now, these are some of the dates we're looking at:

December 16-26, 2011 (we'd be taking an evening/night flight out since the 16th is a Friday and my parents would be working)
December 17-26, 2011 (since the 17th is a Saturday, I'd book the earliest flight out; I look at it this way, our room (or rooms) might not be ready when we got there, but it wouldn't mean staying out of a park)
December 17-30, 2011 (I'm kind of thinking this one is lowest on the list of possibilities because of finances...but we'll see; again with the flight, we'll take an early flight out)
December 17-27, 2011 (again, early flight out on the 17th)

The other thing I am thinking might happen is that some leave for the World earlier...while others come a day or two later. Likewise at the end of the trip, some stay in the World longer and others go home a day or two earlier. This may happen anyway if my DH's work ever switches over to their new shifts (they're looking at working 12 hour days as follows: 3 days on, 4 days off, and then 4 days on, 3 days off)...if that happens, he, myself, and the kiddo might look into flying out sometime on Thursday the 15th. But, again, NONE of this is set in stone. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

On to where we will be staying. When we stayed on property for the first time back in Dec 2008, we stayed at AllStar Music in a family suite. While it saved us a little money, having a 14 month old in unfamiliar surroundings (especially at night) caused some semi-sleepless nights. In hindsight, we should have booked 2 connecting rooms and then DH and I could have taken turns sleeping in the other bed with Keegan.

*After discussing it with my mom this summer, we've decided to do another Family Suite at ASMu. Keegan will be old enough to sleep on one of the pull outs (loveseat or ottaman), Ken and I will sleep on the pull out sofa, and mom and dad will be in the queen bed. :)

Again, thanks for reading along!

I had to check this out because I want to start a PTR for a trip that might not be until July of 2012! :rotfl: But I don't know...could be sooner. :confused3 I just know that after my last trip (first as an adult), I am obsessed with planning another one!

Good to know I'm not alone!

I had to check this out because I want to start a PTR for a trip that might not be until July of 2012! :rotfl: But I don't know...could be sooner. :confused3 I just know that after my last trip (first as an adult), I am obsessed with planning another one!

Good to know I'm not alone!

Lol. You're never alone when Disney planning is involved. :rotfl:

What I'd like to know is what's the earliest anyone has started a PTR for a trip. KWIM?

ETA: Don't be surprised if this PTR involves a trip with Myself, Mimi, and Keegan to at least Disneyland BEFORE our big trip that this PTR is actually for. ;)

The When and Where:

We...no...make that I have several dates in mind for this trip. However, they are all dependant on one thing or another (ie work schedules, finances, weight loss). So, as of now, these are some of the dates we're looking at:

December 16-26, 2011 (we'd be taking an evening/night flight out since the 16th is a Friday and my parents would be working)
December 17-26, 2011 (since the 17th is a Saturday, I'd book the earliest flight out; I look at it this way, our room (or rooms) might not be ready when we got there, but it wouldn't mean staying out of a park)
December 17-30, 2011 (I'm kind of thinking this one is lowest on the list of possibilities because of finances...but we'll see; again with the flight, we'll take an early flight out)
December 17-27, 2011 (again, early flight out on the 17th)

The other thing I am thinking might happen is that some leave for the World earlier...while others come a day or two later. Likewise at the end of the trip, some stay in the World longer and others go home a day or two earlier. This may happen anyway if my DH's work ever switches over to their new shifts (they're looking at working 12 hour days as follows: 3 days on, 4 days off, and then 4 days on, 3 days off)...if that happens, he, myself, and the kiddo might look into flying out sometime on Thursday the 15th. But, again, NONE of this is set in stone. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

This option would be great. Gives you guys some time to get to know your resort and for Keegan to get used to your resort before you head for the parks.

On to where we will be staying. When we stayed on property for the first time back in Dec 2008, we stayed at AllStar Music in a family suite. While it saved us a little money, having a 14 month old in unfamiliar surroundings (especially at night) caused some semi-sleepless nights. In hindsight, we should have booked 2 connecting rooms and then DH and I could have taken turns sleeping in the other bed with Keegan.

IMG_1981.jpg

This is not my photo. Thanks to whomever posted this on photobucket!

Hooray for Pop Century! :cheer2: I hope you guys get it. I'm really looking forward to staying there.

My DH suggested we try Pop Century this trip. So, as of right now, that's where we'll be...provided they have rooms available when we are finally able to choose our dates. I'd like to avoid a resort split stay if at all possible. I know I know. I've read other TR's of DISers who did split resort stays and had no issue with transferring luggage to the new resort. I think my not wanting to resort hop is just a comfort thing. I like to get to know the layout of the resort and where everything is. I would most likely be a total spaz if we had to do a split resort stay.

That's exactly how I feel! I understand resort-splitting if you'll be staying for 10 plus days and if a deal shows up for that resort on those dates, but I love just settling into one room for the whole of my vacation, and not have to pack it up and move in the middle of it.

Copyofdisneyvacation205.jpg

This is my photo. LOL

That being said. If we can't get into Pop for all the days of our trip, AllStar Music is my 2nd choice. I really liked it here 2 years ago. And wouldn't mind this being our "home" resort when we go to Disney. Sure, the buses at the end of the day weren't ideal, but it beat renting a car and paying to park at the parks every day. Plus, the commutes to and from the parks didn't seem nearly as long as my trusty Unofficial Guide prints. :confused3

Ok. I think that about covers the when and where. What's left to cover? The Why? Yup. I think now all I have to cover is the WHY of the trip. But that's a post for another day!

Again, thanks for reading along!

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Been kind of busy lately :sad2:

No worries, Yuki.

Sorry I haven't updated this week. I babysit my neighbors spoiled and demanding grandson Monday through Thursday. So I have no time to update while he's here.

I'm hoping to get another update posted over the weekend though!

Thanks for sticking with me. :hugs

Sorry it's taken me so long to update again. Been uber busy (between ignoring calls I should be taking, baby-sitting and not getting paid one time, as well as dealing with a drama DH)...I just haven't been in the mind set to post another update.

Although, when I think about it, since the trip is still so far away, I will probably post an update once a week or so. Just depends on how I feel.

That being said...on to the update.

The Why:

I just realised there are several points to the "why" we're going part. So, I'll be sure to touch on them all.

The first will be "why are we going in December?" Which is easy enough. My mom works in a school district, so she doesn't have to take any extra time off work. We also really love the Christmas decorations and vibe around the world. It also doesn't hurt that the weather is perfect! The only time I have not been to the world at Christmas time was when I went with band back in high school. Back then we went in April. Anywho! I digress. The only downside to going in at Christmas time is the crowds are much higher. But, we deal with it. And having a kiddo under 5, we take it slow anyway.

The other reason we are going is because when we went back in 2008, DH didn't get to ride Dumbo. Now, I realise for some this isn't a big deal. But for us it was a big deal. The reason he didn't get to ride it was because we are both Pooh-size plus some. And since he and I were riding together (our DS was riding with Mimi), we couldn't fit. So, when we go in 2011, we want to be able to ride it together. So this trip will be a celebration of sorts for us in our weight loss (I'll update our weight loss in another post).

Really what other reason does one need to go to the World other than they LOVE it there?

Plus we'd really like to get to a point where we can take a yearly trip. That way if we miss something on one trip, we can just say "no biggie...we'll hit it next time."

So, I guess that about does it for the why. I feel like I'm missing something. And I might be. But my kiddo isn't feeling well today...runny nose...amongst other runny things (I'll spare you). He's been a snuggler today...which is another reason I know he's not feeling well. Most days he'll be all over the place playing with his toys. When he really doesn't feel good, he lays on the couch or curls up next to me and snuggles.

I guess if I think of what I forgot, I'll be sore to post it later!

Thanks for sticking with me!! :hug:

Continued here...

Hope Keegan feels better soon! One year, I'm going to take a trip in November, when all the Christmas lights are up but the crowds are low. Christmas is my favourite holiday.

Ok. Keegan is feeling much better today! :D Guess yesterday was just the really low day for him. *shrugs*

Anyway! On with the PTR. ;D

So, in my last post, I said I was going to keep you guys up to date on our weight loss (which is what we will be celebrating on the trip in 2011 and what might end up turning our trip into a few days more than an 8-10 day trip).

A little backstory I should add in as to how the weight loss really came into play for the trip.

About a year ago, my husband went to the doctor. He had headaches, and was tired all the time. Not to mention bloody noses all the time. Just didn't feel himself. After many many blood draws and tests on those blood draws, he was put on medication for high blood pressure. He was also encouraged to lose weight as well.

So, he's been watching his portions, drinking less pop/soda (whatever you know it as, lol), and talking walks during his lunch hour when the weather was decent. I am happy to say that a year ago, he weighed 346 pounds. And as of a couple weeks ago, we was down to 313. So he has lost a total of 33 pounds...so far. He has a long way to go...but he is getting there and that is the important part.

Me on the other hand...*sighs* I'm a whole different story.

When my DH was told to start losing weight, I made the decision to lose weight with him. That's turned out to be quite a chore. As 2 weeks into my daily workout routines, I fell down two stairs carrying my son and rolled my ankle. I was in a walking boot for 6 weeks after that. Once I was able to start my workouts again, summer was upon me. You'd think that'd be perfect motivation to get out and walk with DS everyday, right? Wrong. :( I spent more time in front of the computer/tv/video games than I did walking.

By the time fall rolled around, I was determined to start working out. But then things started going...south with our Debt Settlement plans (we've got 3 cc's with a debt settlement company...and it seemed we were just getting hounded by the collectors and trying to get those companies to contact the debt settlement company was a stressful time for me).

It took a good two months to get that settled. If you're doing the math...that means by the time it was settled out and we weren't getting harrassing calls anymore, the holidays were upon us. More stress.

Finally, the 1st of this year hit. I was doing well. Working out for at least a half hour on our newly purchased WiiFit. I was down about 6-10 pounds. When I get a phone call from the debt settlement company. You can probably already see where this is going. They called to tell me that the 1 credit card that had been settled about 7 months prior had been pulled back by the issuing bank. And that it meant most likely the $ we'd already paid on it would be lost and we'd have to start all over with the settlement process. :( Ugh! It seemed I could never catch a break.

I can actually say, that in the last week, I've just started working out again and doing well. In fact, I should probably wrap up this update and get on my WiiFit. :P Before I do, I will just say that I am down about 5 pounds in the last week. And on my way. Finally!

Again, thanks for sticking with me! :cutie:

Glad to see you've started working out again!

For me, I have a goal to get fit and get my body more toned. I know I'm certainly not pooh-sized, but I'm terribly unfit. 2-3 flights of stairs and I'm huffing and puffing. It just goes to show you, just cause you're skinny does not mean you're fit.

I've been going to the gym more often to train my endurance, doing more weights (mostly for my thighs and abs), and been walking to and from school as much as possible. It's about a 20 min walk each way.

I'm going to try to get to the gym at least once a week. Let's hope we succeed in our fitness goals!

Glad to see you've started working out again!

For me, I have a goal to get fit and get my body more toned. I know I'm certainly not pooh-sized, but I'm terribly unfit. 2-3 flights of stairs and I'm huffing and puffing. It just goes to show you, just cause you're skinny does not mean you're fit.

I've been going to the gym more often to train my endurance, doing more weights (mostly for my thighs and abs), and been walking to and from school as much as possible. It's about a 20 min walk each way.

I'm going to try to get to the gym at least once a week. Let's hope we succeed in our fitness goals!

Good job! I wish I had time to make it to a gym. But since I babysit from 7:30-4 Monday through Thursday, I just don't have time. If I knew the mom I babysit for wouldn't mind, I'd take both boys with me and leave them in the daycare center at the gym to work out.

Oh well. Least I have my WiiFit. Which I am learning I really love. I found a free-step "game" on it last week. It gives me a speed/beat to step to, and I can turn the channel and watch tv or pop a movie in the DVD player while I exercise (step up and down off the wii fit board). Today I watched Days of Our Lives and stepped. It was great!!

I'm hoping to get an update posted sometime this week. I was dealing with a sick kiddo from Friday on (stomach bug :(). So, once I get my thoughts together this week, I'll get an update posted. :D

Ok. Keegan is feeling much better. I never caught what he had...but I haven't had a decent nights sleep since last Friday :headache:...because I am now having to deal with the stress of my daycare charge and her baby daddy (SO) splitting up. :headache::scared1:

She text messaged me Sunday night to see if I would keep him starting at 7 this week. It's only a half hour earlier. But when her mom dropped the baby off, she told me it was only for this week and that she wasn't sure what was going to happen next week. So, I deduced (deducted?) in my own thoughts what it might mean for me:

1) She takes baby to him when she leaves for work at 5:30 am

OR

2) I offer to start keeping him at 6am (putting me at a 10 hour "work" day) as she is living with her parents who happen to live across the street from us and her mom can bring him at 6 just before she leaves for work.

or

3) I don't keep him any more because she finds someone who will keep him 10 hours a day (this option was looking good to me because then my son and I could actually go to the mall or museum or zoo like we used to before I started keeping the baby)

So, what do I do? I think about it all day Monday...talk to my mom about my thoughts/idea and call them offering to start keeping him 6-4 so she doesn't have to worry about finding other care OR having to shuffle the baby so much in the mornings. However, I did request $5 more per day for the increase in hours (so rather than $20 a day, it'd be $25 a day). She accepts the new hours and terms and all is well.

Until LAST night. :sad2: She text messaged me to tell me that her SO was keeping the baby last night so he'd be bringing the baby at 7:30. :headache: Really? Ugh.

Baby will be here at 6 tomorrow. Thank goodness I only keep him 4 days a week. But I foresee this one early morning, one late morning thing being a trend for some reason. And if that's the case, I'm going to gently tell her she needs to either bring him early or bring him late or find other care for him...cause I'm not doing this whole sleep in one day, get up early the next for the baby. It's not worth it for $90 extra a week...not to mention the headache.

I'll keep ya posted on how things go with it.

And I won't even mention my credit card settlement situation (it was settled almost a year ago...the final two payments were never cashed/deposited on the collection agencies end leaving me to call the original issuing bank to work things out...come to find out today that because the settlement was reached nearly a year ago, they very likely WON'T honor the remainder of the agreement and I'll have to resettle it for even more $...luckily I have a debt settlement company that has been a Godsend and walked me through exactly what to say to the credit card company.).

Ok...that's it, I've got to go nurse this dull headache I've had since lunch time.

Disney update coming HOPEFULLY Friday or sometime over the weekend.

Thanks for sticking with me! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter