The Lower Sodium WDW Foods Thread

Well then all restaurants should have to provide nutritional information

Can't make your own informed choice without it
Just not happy with the "have to" part of it.

One choice is, if you are concerned about it, make the choice to not eat there. Then both parties have the chance to make a choice.

That's actually a great suggestion for gluten, and those that have concerns with it. However, not 100% congruent. I'd say close to 100% of all meals will have sodium content. I'm guessing most with gluten issues aren't looking for levels of gluten to make a judgement on their gluten intake, they just want to know if there's gluten or not? Just a guess though.

I like that "boycotty" idea though. If I had a bigger stake in wanting "known" less salty food options I'd consider it. Most indie places probably couldn't be expected to provide very accurate info, I'd bet, but a ballpark number would be enough for me. I'd guess the major chains that have the kitchen labs could better provide sodium content numbers.

Just not happy with the "have to" part of it.

One choice is, if you are concerned about it, make the choice to not eat there. Then both parties have the chance to make a choice.

Restaurants should have to provide nutritional information just like every food sold in a supermarket has to.

Then people can make the choice whether or not they want to eat there.

I have a feeling if people saw that an Ohana meal was 10,000 mg of sodium from start to finish (not even kidding on that estimate), ADRs would be easier to get!

Restaurants should have to provide nutritional information just like every food sold in a supermarket has to.

Then people can make the choice whether or not they want to eat there.

I have a feeling if people saw that an Ohana meal was 10,000 mg of sodium from start to finish (not even kidding on that estimate), ADRs would be easier to get!
The problem is, every single menu item would be exactly the same. A chef couldn't experiment. Couldn't be innovative. Couldn't be unique.

If someone wants to know the sodium content, they can ask about it. If the chef can't give it to them, then make the choice. Eat or don't eat.

Please don't tie the hands of chefs. Keep the government out of telling me what I can eat.

The problem is, every single menu item would be exactly the same. A chef couldn't experiment. Couldn't be innovative. Couldn't be unique.

If someone wants to know the sodium content, they can ask about it. If the chef can't give it to them, then make the choice. Eat or don't eat.

Please don't tie the hands of chefs. Keep the government out of telling me what I can eat.

Many restaurants in America provide nutritional information.

Why be opposed to more information? If you still want to eat it, eat it, no one is taking that right away from you

Many restaurants in America provide nutritional information.

Why be opposed to more information? If you still want to eat it, eat it, no one is taking that right away from you
Because once that information is available, someone wants to regulate it. Don't tell me what size soda to buy or how much sodium can be in my food.

My DH has to be salt free - heart attack this past November
No choice - has to be no salt
I use Mrs. Dash to season is food.

I do not want him to have a heart attack at WDW

My DH has to be salt free - heart attack this past November
No choice - has to be no salt
I use Mrs. Dash to season is food.

I do not want him to have a heart attack at WDW
Wow. Hubby had a heart attack in 2005, no restrictions on salt. At all.

Your husband needs to decide where to eat based on what is available. Just like I do with Celiac and gluten.

Like others, I grew up among a family that joined the less salt bandstand early on. Family members on both sides suffered from hypertension, diabetes and heart problems.
When I eat out I tend to stay away from fast food outlets because I assume excess salt, sugar, and various ingredients I can't spell much less pronounce will be the norm. This means most of the QS and some of the TS eateries are off limits to me and when I eat out I'd rather pay more for the perceived quality and eat less overall.

I thought I'd have a hard time eating at DW since I used other theme parks as a guide but found it was not the case at all. About the only minefield for me is MK although finding a fresh fruit market at Liberty Square was a godsend. I found no Signature restaurants with a heavy hand at salting although surely I haven't eaten at them all. Also salt doesn't seem to be a major seasoning at any of the resort restaurants I've eaten at. Sugar seems to be everywhere but I cured self of the soda habit decades back and just order an unsweetened iced tea when in doubt. I find that many of the desserts at signature restaurants taste alike which is sad for my tastebuds but great for my hips. They need to hire more pastry chefs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter