The Lucky Nugget Saloon - reviews

we ate here on oct 6th. i had booked for three but my mam decided she didnt want to join us. it wasnt till i sat down that i thought about the difficulty of eating at a buffet alone with a three year old lol. thankfully we were given a table as i couldnt have had ash dangling at a bar stool, not at that price anyway.

there was plenty of variey in the food, there was even a carvery, beef i think. there was all your usual starters, soup as well which was lovely. for mains there was chips, nuggets, meats in sauce, chicken fahitas, potatoes, veg, rice. even more for dessert and sweets for the kids.

to be honest i thought the plaza gardens had a better selection however i did eat loads and enjoyed my meal as did ash.

there were four characters out, mickey, pluto, captain hook and goofy. captain hook didnt get to our table but ash had already seen him so she wasnt really bothered.

it is a bit expensive for the type of food and the fact that i only saw three very common characters but i would probably try it again.

We ate here Sun 28th at 1pm, had made a reservation before we left uk, but when went to door was ordered round to the side to pay first, had to join 20 min queue!. When we went inside the waitress tried to split our group of 5 up into 2 groups, when we said we wanted to sit together she reluctently put us onto the barstools on the first tier.
The buffet was good and kept getting filled, plenty of chilli, rice, pasta, bolognese sauce, salads, chicken, etc.
We had just got the kids sorted with their food when the waitress came back and wanted us to move tables as she had a group of 14 arriving!!! I said no as we had also booked in advance and had just the kids settled.

Characterwise, Mr Smee, Captain Hook and Mickey was there when we got in, they went after about 20 mins to be replaced with Pluto and Goofy, they did half an hour to be replaced with Smee, Hook and Mickey again. They did manage to get round to everybody which was nice.

Tbh I dont know whether I would eat here again, it seems very small to cope with the amount of people who want to experience a character lunch. The food was nice though and I cannot fault that.

We ate here Sun 28th at 1pm, had made a reservation before we left uk, but when went to door was ordered round to the side to pay first, had to join 20 min queue!. When we went inside the waitress tried to split our group of 5 up into 2 groups, when we said we wanted to sit together she reluctently put us onto the barstools on the first tier. <snip>

Totally agree with everything the lovely wildelady says .. it was ok .. the food was ok, but tbh I preferred the buffet in the plaza gardens ..

it was really small venue to have that many people rammed in for a character lunch .. the waitress put a downer on the start of our experience .. the kids loved it tho :)

We ate lunch there on Tue 18th and I have mixed feelings about this restaurant. Character interaction was absolutely awesome, there were Mickey, Hook, Mr.Smee, Goofy, Pluto. The restaurant wasn't even half full, so the characters spent much time at each table.
The staff was very nice, we had ordered a birthday cake and everything went very smoothly, our waitress was friendly and attentive.
Unfortunately the food wasn't very good, the beans in the chilli were almost raw, the guacamole was bland and what put me really off were the plastic cutlery and dishes.
Even in the US you get china plates when you pay 38 Euro for a buffet, I think especially those little plastic soup bowls are shameful, they looked like my cat's food bowls. The cheap plates really put a downer on our meal, go there for superb character interaction but if you want good food and atmosphere choose another restaurant.

Two words: never again.

We had a reservation there for March 2. 11.30 AM.

Decided to get in line a little early and joined the line at the hostess stand. We waited. And waited. At 11.45 AM three characters (Mickey, Tigger and Pluto) came out of the restaurant. Doors closed behind them, no CM in sight anywhere. Not a good sign.

A while after that a CM appeared in the door and yelled something in French at the substantial line which maybe the first three families in line understood. Our group decided to split. I stayed in line, they followed the leaving families.

Took me almost 15 minutes to get by the unused hostess stand in the restaurant (why have this in the way if you are not using it?), where another CM informed me that "oh no, you have to pay outside." Thankfully my friends were in the right line, so I was told to sit on the stairs and wait. 10 more minutes later said friends had finally managed to pay (there were only three families in line in front of them!) and came squishing through the sizeable crowd - still no one outside telling people in line that they need to pay first! I kept seeing people being turned away to pay first!

We tried to check in and were told that our reservation would not be honored because our time slot had passed. Umm... so not our fault, *we* were there. I have a Tigger photo with a time stamp to prove it!

Oh well, the manager decided to open the restaurant late. Fine, can I speak to said manager then. There is no manager on duty (then tell me again who decided to open late?), go and complain to City Hall if you want. :mad:

After a lot of back and forth they finally let us in. I guess they realized we were not going to budge. Seated on the second tier to the far left. In hindsight we should just have left.

We saw exactly four characters - the three they had sent out before :rolleyes: plus Eeyore, who only came to our area after my boyfriend approached a CM for help.

But hey, it's a Tex Mex buffet, at least I'll have food I like, right? Wrong.
Almost every dish we tried was stone cold. I managed to get a slice of luke-warm pizza that was brought out after about an hour, and my boyfriend said his ribs were passable temperature wise, but way too bland. Everything else was fresh from the refrigerator cold. And I mean everything, from fajitas to pasta.

Also no signs on the buffet explaining any dish. I am allergic to seafood and just narrowly avoided a pasta salad that had prawns in it.
Asking the cooks? All I got was a shrug. Flagging down a waiter? "I don't understand.", "the manager decided to..." or "go to City Hall."

Staff was totally overwhelmed. The only time we saw waitresses was when a new visitor was seated or when the amount of dishes to remove became obscenely large.

We did have china dishes and real cutlery, but I would have happily traded those for edible food.

At the end of the meal I was ready to scream. Even more after we did try to complain at City Hall. At the very least some sort of apology would have been nice. But all I got was the oh so familiar "I don't understand!"

1 out of 5 stars, and the 1 is only because Mickey must have heard me cursing in German and apparently realized I was upset. He came running straight towards me to give me a hug.

083-1.jpg

156.jpg

Now this formule is here to stay they have got rid of the végé option :scared1: and put fish and chips instead :sad2: which as we all know are Tex Mex ....

I dunno if this was new to this week, but I noticed this week the Lucky Nugget's outdoor sign now mentioned unlimited drinks, which drew us in out of another opening of the heavens.

15 euro for a meal, desert and all the soda we want seemed pretty reasonable and we were hungry, so we gave it a go today. Surprisingly it wasn't as busy inside as it had been in the park today. Seems though thats because ordering is still a little complicated.

Basically you need to queue to buy the meal from the CM at the front park of the restaurant, then show the waiting CM on the right your receipt, get seated - and wait for a waitress to come get your receipt and serve your order.

We had one of each meal (Ribs, Chicken and Fish & Chips) and both of the deserts (Vanilla Mousse with Red fruits and Chocolate Tart)

It's not high class fare as food goes (on a similar level to Last Chance Cafe I would assume) - but it's really good hearty food. Plenty of fries and fairly decent portions in each case. The BBQ sauce is a rather nice one too, a little tang and smoke in it, but not too strong. It was nice and warm inside and the surroundings are fantastic, helps that the band is still about to knock out a few tunes as well, which helped us to forget all about the terrible weather.

The deserts were very nice too, the mousse is light but wonderful - and the chocolate tart had a coconut underlayer (note the chocolate in the tart is plain, not milk). We got our refills and were able to enjoy having a drink and enjoying the band without any hassle at all. Proof that Disney CAN do budget meals well without making the customer feel cheap. DLP needs more of this sort of thing

Four of us rolled up here at 6.30 wednesday evening and were asked to choose from the menu at the till by the entrance. We chose from the set menus (all of us chose the bbq ribs, fries and onion rings followed by chocolate tart which surprised the CM:lmao:) The set menu includes unlimited soft drinks and we got the shareholder discount.
Service was very quick and we all ate everything - and there was lots of it :blush:!
We liked the cheerful atmosphere and our server was lovely - very chatty and smiley. We wanted to get back to the park so we didn't linger for more drinks and the great thing with paying up front is that you can just leave when you're ready making things so much easier :thumbsup2
Great choice for a quick filling meal as long as you like the choices available.

Review from November 2, 2012.

We tried because we wanted to check out that special Halloween menu that was advertised.

When we finally made it through the line we were informed that their soda machine had broken and we could get bottled water instead or leave. I get it stuff can break, but after 15 minutes in line this isn't exactly what you want to hear. A sign at the door would have been nice. We decided to eat there anyway as we were curious about the Halloween menu. The guys with me eventually managed to get orange juice instead of water, but the staff didn't seem happy.

IMG_4902.jpg

As you can probably tell from the picture from the not so melted cheese the burger was practically cold.

Burger opened:

IMG_4903.jpg

Happened to both meals we ordered. Fries were somewhat warm and tasted okay, standard curly barbecue fries you can get here as well.

We complained and got new burgers quick. These were at least warmer, but far from the temperature I expect a burger to have. The taste was good, but the temperature issue really annoyed me.

Dessert:

IMG_4904.jpg

Some lemon tarte. I gave it to one of the guys and he said it tasted delicious. I had a strawberry sundae instead which well... it was a strawberry sundae. Absolutely nothing to write home about.

Rating C-. Food B-, dessert C, service D.

We (1 ad 2 ch) ate here on Tuesday October 8th for lunch

We ordered and were seated quickly and had a table near the stage. I ordered the Ribs with onion rings and fries with the fruit sauce ice cream and both kids ordered the chicken goujons with fries followed by ice cream.
My ribs were in a lovely BBQ sauce and while they were a little fatty, the meat was lovely and the onion rings were very nice too, even the quality of the fries was better! Both kids enjoyed their goujons and they were proper breast meat and quite a big portion. The kids enjoyed their dessert and I can honestly say the ice cream in the red berry sauce that I had was the nicest dessert of the week. It was so nice! We caught a few minutes of the band before we left too and they were great. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for somewhere nice but without the TS price tag. Our total was €30.75 with discount.

we ate here last week. i had the burger meal, my mam had fish and chips and my dd had the kids chicken strip meal. the kids get apple slices for desserts and adults have an ice cream sundae.

we really enjoyed the food. the only glitch was the unlimited drinks were impossible to get. we all only got one drink each. it really depends on the waiter sometimes they aren't seen again.

the best part was the musicians on the stage playing a range of songs from western to disney to christmas. they were brilliant.

We ate here on 16th March, around 5pm. It was fairly quiet. We had ribs adult meal, cheeseburger adult meal, both with ice cream. The kids had a chicken nuggets meal each. We wasn't overally impressed with the food, especially for the cost - 56€. The ice cream was nice though. We wouldn't eat here again.

We ate here on 16th March, around 5pm. It was fairly quiet. We had ribs adult meal, cheeseburger adult meal, both with ice cream. The kids had a chicken nuggets meal each. We wasn't overally impressed with the food, especially for the cost - 56€. The ice cream was nice though. We wouldn't eat here again.

Ha! I was there about an hour later.:rotfl2:

Anyway, last Sunday (March 16th 2014) I ate here for the very first time...after 22 years of DLP experience. Shame on me!
I absolutely LOVED the food.

I was with a party of three.
We all had the ribs adult meal with fries and onion rings.
My mum took ice cream with caramel, our friend took ice cream with chocolate and I had a fruit cocktail as dessert.

It was absolutely delicious, especially for the price of a counter service restaurant.
The fact that they serve it as a table service restaurant is very relaxing!
I would definitely recommend it, and go eat here more often!

a1jqya.jpg

25thv2p.jpg

We ate here on 13/8/14 at 6pm (after the parade). You order your food and pay at the till on arrival, then are seated at your table. The food came quickly, which is always good when you're with children :)

€17.99 adults, €8.99 children for main, dessert and drink.

I had the burger, DH the ribs with onion rings and fries, the children had the chicken and chips. All delicious and we would definitely return :thumbsup2

Kids' dessert and my dessert:

Ate here for lunch on 30/10/14 at 1.00 pm. Only a few families infront of us to order and we were seated quickly. Use AP 10% discount and ordered 3 menu Lucky at 17.99 euro each. It was fairly quiet which was surprising as the park and all CS restaurants were really busy. We sat at saloon seating and there was a pianist on the stage for most of our meal which was nice.
I really enjoyed my fish and chips and ice cream sundae, I thought it was fairly good value in comparison to other CS set menus as it's served at your table and the surroundings are great.
I love the theming as it ties together the whole Thunder Mesa area and story really well.

Main menu has the date of 03/2014 on it so hasn't changed yet - will look again in a couple of weeks ;)

We ate here at lunch time on Thursday November 27th and although it was busy we were seated quickly, just as the band went on a break. They were soon back though and we really enjoyed listening to them.

DH had the fish and chips, I had the burger and twisty fries followed by berry sundaes and both kids had the goujons and ice cream. The total was €48.56 including AP discount.
Everyone really enjoyed their lunch and it is still a firm favourite with good quality food and the best ice cream at DLP.

We ate here on Tuesday 6th October 2015 at around 1.30pm

I forgot to take a picture of the menu but it is very similar to the photos already posted. It's a set menu with a choice of either bbq pork ribs, angus cheeseburger or fish and chips. It also includes a drink and an dessert. Adult price was 18.99E each. Kids menu only had a chicken burger for choice, again with a drink and dessert.

We placed our order just inside the entrance, paid and were then shown to our table. I love the atmosphere and surroundings in there.

Our drinks were delivered within minutes, followed very soon by our meal.

DH, Abbey and Lewis all had the Angus Cheeseburger

I ate the kids chicken burger

For dessert we all had different combinations of ice cream

From the adult menu

From the kids menu

Whilst we were eating a pianist came on stage and played some Disney songs and also the Phantom Manor music. Very good, and really added to the atmosphere. I love the picture at the back of the stage.

I enjoyed the chicken burger but the others didn't rate their burgers. Honestly, it was probably because we weren't really that hungry so I don't think we ate at the right time here. The ice cream was delicious and we all enjoyed this. Service was fantastic so I'd definitely give it another go.

I forgot to keep the receipt but think we paid approx 56E including shareholder discount. I can't remember the cost of the kids meal but think it was 9.99E

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter