The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome !!! :wave2:

I think their referring to the fact the "kids" are now old enough to participate in mixology!!!

Ahhh.. :rotfl2: yea that too! :rotfl: that didn't cross my mind since mine are still toddling around, and soon to be another in diapers. Lol :)

I personally see no reason to ever let the kids in Sessions or Cadillac Bar or the other adult spots on the larger ships-- those are bars, people, not Sonic or McDonalds. It's nice to have the over 18 or over 21 designations in some parts of the ship-- even before 9PM. Parents are lucky to have free babysitting for kids if they wish to converse with other adults. At least that's my take.:confused3

I agree. I guess I thought mixology was someone that happened during the day.. :confused3 I'm still a cruise newby so forgive me if I get some things mixed around. :) for some reason I was thinking mixology was something where they you got to sample several different mixed drinks. I don't know why I thought it happened during the day.

I agree. I guess I thought mixology was someone that happened during the day.. :confused3 I'm still a cruise newby so forgive me if I get some things mixed around. :) for some reason I was thinking mixology was something where they you got to sample several different mixed drinks. I don't know why I thought it happened during the day.

Yes-- you are correct. DCL sponsors mixology, martini tastings, etc largely (but not exclusively) in the afternoons. :drinking1 Of course, all bars are adults only after 9PM, so kids shouldn't be in there. Diversions, the sports bar, is open to families before that (esp when the game is on!).
I, too, hadn't considered that the "kids" might mean adult-aged "kids"! LOL :lmao:

Yes-- you are correct. DCL sponsors mixology, martini tastings, etc largely (but not exclusively) in the afternoons. :drinking1 Of course, all bars are adults only after 9PM, so kids shouldn't be in there. Diversions, the sports bar, is open to families before that (esp when the game is on!).
I, too, hadn't considered that the "kids" might mean adult-aged "kids"! LOL :lmao:

I have to ask GramFrog, how was Disneyland Paris? I've heard mixed things but ultimately decided for WDW this summer due to reports about Disneyland Paris just not living up... ??

I have to ask GramFrog, how was Disneyland Paris? I've heard mixed things but ultimately decided for WDW this summer due to reports about Disneyland Paris just not living up... ??
You know, I really like it a lot! We've been to the new double parks twice-- once during Halloween, and once during Christmastime. The two parks are a big improvement on just the original one when it was EuroDisney. DLPP is beautiful, more like a woodsy setting than the US parks, and really really easy to get to-- just jump on the RER (regional commuter rail, not the fast trains TGV) and less than an hour later, you get out at Marne La Valee (sp?) popping right up at the parks! You can stay there, or stay in Paris for an easy day trip. The reason I didn't like the Halloween decor was the blatant orange "paint" spilled all over and the omnipresent six foot or better scarecrows with Pumpkin heads-- to Ichabod Crane-like.. :scared1: It's like Paris is trying to show Europeans what an American Halloween is like-- but way over the top. Caution: it does get chilly in December at the parks! Hot chocolate (or hot toddies!) is a must, as are scarves and gloves! Hope that helps.

So for those five days at sea do they offer lots of activities? The most days at sea we have ever had were two I am a little worried that we will be bored by day three as we can't spend a lot of time at the pool.
Melissa

So for those five days at sea do they offer lots of activities? The most days at sea we have ever had were two I am a little worried that we will be bored by day three as we can't spend a lot of time at the pool.
Melissa

Oh my gosh! Speaking only for us, there were SO many activities planned by the DIS and Facebook groups for the EBTA13 (bless them!!!!) that I was feeling inadequate to be able to try to do them all! To say nothing about the ship's activities LOL. I had to remember to BREATHE (and drink!) in between being with all those wonderful people and planners! Kinda crazy to have to pencil in some sun on the deck time LOL :beach:

Did you know Flounders was orginally a kitchen and conference room, within weeks of the fitout DCL had known they had made a mistake and this was then converted to a nursery, some of the kitchen still remains, although it could go on the current drydock.

Yep! Learned that on the "Art of the Magic" tour Andy did on my western Caribbean cruise. Too funny!

Another strange fact is they have kids on the transatlantics:rotfl2:??? you just didn't see that many on the WBTA's and Mandy's right of course more were seen on the EBTA. I miss the days when you could drop the children of to the kids clubs, now of course they come to mixology:eek:

I remember them having our EBTA DIS Chocolate Tasting in Diversions at the same time one of the board games or some sort of activity was going on - other side of the room! Of course for Champagne Girls I left the kids elsewhere (with hubby) but was surprised to see Diversions set up that way versus a private event.

I personally see no reason to ever let the kids in Sessions or Cadillac Bar or the other adult spots on the larger ships-- those are bars, people, not Sonic or McDonalds. It's nice to have the over 18 or over 21 designations in some parts of the ship-- even before 9PM. Parents are lucky to have free babysitting for kids if they wish to converse with other adults. At least that's my take.:confused3

Our first DCL cruise, we had the 15-month old asleep in the stroller after dinner as did another family (we had late dining - so it was late). Didn't realize the rules so we slipped into Sessions after our late dining to listen to piano music in back corner and have a beverage. Learned that was a no-no and left. :teacher: I think that's how deck 9 aft drinks-after-dinner got going on a regular basis because if Flounders had not been booked the only options for visiting and drinks after dinner was deck 9 or the louder Promenade Lounge. (Our older kiddos could go play, but nursery usually closed earlier than kids clubs) Unfortunately, no free babysitting for those with children under 3 as it is $6 per hour if space available. We usually met in Promenade prior to dinner because children were allowed there.

And of course this time for EBTA we were almost 3-years old, allowed to use Oceaneers Club, and our youngest spent a grand total of 2.5 hours in the free kids club over the entire 14 days. (Thank goodness she went so we could go to brunch!!) She absolutely did not like it and we tried every day to take her with older sister (we even tried Flounders to no avail since it was a week prior to her 3rd birthday and they said we could try that -- she had loved it the previous cruises). The following 12-night cruise on NCL she loved their kids club, but NCL would break down age groups as 3-5, 6-9 and 10-12 so she didn't feel overwhelmed doing the same activities as a 12 year old. Hoping since she will be 4 on WBTA she meshes with the 12-year-olds better on the Magic :goodvibes

Melissa

Definitely won't be bored! We could hardly pry our 6 year old out of kids club. Lots to do onboard for the adults and families - for both our EBTA 2013 and WBTA 2011. Never got to schedule in a nap! haha. And we avoid the sun 10am-4pm -- skin cancer histories - so we literally never hung out at the pool.

Just have to be careful because there were a few occasions we found the Navigator to be incorrect on times and they ended events early, causing us to miss out on some things on EBTA. The mural painting we did for the kids hospital was closed early for viewing, so I never got to see the finished product (and they said they would put it out again - never did). I asked repeatedly for Fab Five, they finally put it out during disembarkation time for Madeira, and I showed up in the timeframe, but due to security and placing of "Mickey and Friends" as it was called, they had to shut that down and never had it again. And another time a photo opportunity was listed to be at Preludes and ended up being in the lobby, so we had bailed on that as well when not showing up. Hopefully the Navigator will be more accurate this time.

Hi, there! Please add DH & I to the list! Daniel & Connie Graves Cabin #6586 disname csgraves
Looking forward to cruising again!

Just got back Saturday from my Fantasy cruise. It was great!

For all the new cruisers that have joined since I last posted: Welcome! :welcome:

Yep! Learned that on the "Art of the Magic" tour Andy did on my western Caribbean cruise. Too funny!

I remember them having our EBTA DIS Chocolate Tasting in Diversions at the same time one of the board games or some sort of activity was going on - other side of the room! Of course for Champagne Girls I left the kids elsewhere (with hubby) but was surprised to see Diversions set up that way versus a private event.

Our first DCL cruise, we had the 15-month old asleep in the stroller after dinner as did another family (we had late dining - so it was late). Didn't realize the rules so we slipped into Sessions after our late dining to listen to piano music in back corner and have a beverage. Learned that was a no-no and left. :teacher: I think that's how deck 9 aft drinks-after-dinner got going on a regular basis because if Flounders had not been booked the only options for visiting and drinks after dinner was deck 9 or the louder Promenade Lounge. (Our older kiddos could go play, but nursery usually closed earlier than kids clubs) Unfortunately, no free babysitting for those with children under 3 as it is $6 per hour if space available. We usually met in Promenade prior to dinner because children were allowed there.

And of course this time for EBTA we were almost 3-years old, allowed to use Oceaneers Club, and our youngest spent a grand total of 2.5 hours in the free kids club over the entire 14 days. (Thank goodness she went so we could go to brunch!!) She absolutely did not like it and we tried every day to take her with older sister (we even tried Flounders to no avail since it was a week prior to her 3rd birthday and they said we could try that -- she had loved it the previous cruises). The following 12-night cruise on NCL she loved their kids club, but NCL would break down age groups as 3-5, 6-9 and 10-12 so she didn't feel overwhelmed doing the same activities as a 12 year old. Hoping since she will be 4 on WBTA she meshes with the 12-year-olds better on the Magic :goodvibes

well if not she'll have at least 3 others in her immediate age group! :rotfl2: mine will be 7,7 and 6 and they are all small for their age your daughter will probably think all 3 of them are 4 or 5! Lol

That's strange though on the Dream in 2012 my then barely 3.5 yr old and the girls aged 5 LOVED the club. I thought they did a pretty decent job of dividing the kids up by age, ours always seemed to be in a group of like 3-7 year olds.

Oh my gosh! Speaking only for us, there were SO many activities planned by the DIS and Facebook groups for the EBTA13 (bless them!!!!) that I was feeling inadequate to be able to try to do them all! To say nothing about the ship's activities LOL. I had to remember to BREATHE (and drink!) in between being with all those wonderful people and planners! Kinda crazy to have to pencil in some sun on the deck time LOL :beach:

Um.... have you SEEN page 1?? :lmao: I had to go through and pick and choose which groups to try to join....Lol and make sure we left time for ship activities and sun/pool time as well! hahaha and I had to split a couple of the groups with DH so we could both get some time to do something separately.

We had such a great time meeting everyone on the Fantasy last week that it has me giddy to meet all of you! I feel like I am so far behind with this cruise. Time to get caught up and start really planning this amazing cruise :-) just over 50 weeks to go

Melissa

As other have stated, I wish it was boring. There is too much to do and after 13 cruises have yet to find more than an hour of downtime during the day to just veg on deck; usually I have to "miss" something to have a little veg time. I would LOVE a 2-4 week cruise that was ALL SEA days.. then I might have a chance to get to all the activities on the ship...

Our first cruise, was the '05 EBPC specifically because it was a 2wk cruise that only had 4 port days and mostly sea days as I wanted the most ship time I could as that was the reason for the cruise. If I wanted a mostly land vacation, I can fly there..

Just a heads up to the non-FB users.

A bunch of people are looking at doing an "Across the Atlantic" Marathon/Half Marathon/5k. Basically it would entail you running the appropriate amount of miles (depending on the race you choose) over the course of the cruise. You can split it up any which way you want (a mile a day, 13.1 in one day) and complete it at your pace. This is for walkers/runners/bunny-jumpers/or any way you can manage to get to the "finish line". You will get a certificate of completion and IF we get enough people signed up, we could possibly do a medal for a small nominal fee.

Any takers????

That's strange though on the Dream in 2012 my then barely 3.5 yr old and the girls aged 5 LOVED the club. I thought they did a pretty decent job of dividing the kids up by age, ours always seemed to be in a group of like 3-7 year olds.

It blew us away. At 15 months, she loved Flounder's on WBTA. Same thing at age 2.5 for a 7-nt cruise. This time, just between November and May, she changed I guess. But what really got us was that we were on DCL Magic for 14 nights in May for EBTA, where she had zero interest in kids clubs, then we spent 3 nights in Barcelona and immediately boarded NCL Spirit for the 12-night Med cruise. We couldn't keep her from asking to go to the kids club on that ship. Made my head spin and the only thing we could figure out was how they grouped kiddos as 3-5 versus 3-12 clumped together. :confused3

We had such a great time meeting everyone on the Fantasy last week that it has me giddy to meet all of you! I feel like I am so far behind with this cruise. Time to get caught up and start really planning this amazing cruise :-) just over 50 weeks to go

It's gonna fly by!!

Welcome! :) how was Alaska? That's in my 2015 plans if they're still going.

Alaska was fantastic!! Best cruise yet! The scenery was amazing and the people we met on board made this the best cruise my DH and I have ever been on!

Just a heads up to the non-FB users.

A bunch of people are looking at doing an "Across the Atlantic" Marathon/Half Marathon/5k. Basically it would entail you running the appropriate amount of miles (depending on the race you choose) over the course of the cruise. You can split it up any which way you want (a mile a day, 13.1 in one day) and complete it at your pace. This is for walkers/runners/bunny-jumpers/or any way you can manage to get to the "finish line". You will get a certificate of completion and IF we get enough people signed up, we could possibly do a medal for a small nominal fee.

Any takers????

It's gonna be great! 3 miles around Deck 4 is a mile!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter