• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Many Adventures of...A Family With a New Baby! Jan - Dec 2016! New 11/7!

By the way, we were given a large box to put the cake in, so we ended up using Aria's stroller seat as a spot for the cake as it was pretty huge.

And soon with our FP's we were in meeting Anna & Elsa! Elsa was up first. As @TheMaxRebo mentioned in my other TR (June 2014 DIS meet that we're finally getting around to writing lol) I wish A&E still met together!

12687964_10100431797222051_4843347209431756808_n.jpg

12671611_10100431797187121_721155193411710377_o.jpg

I wanted to get a photo of Maya with Aria & Elsa by themselves, but Maya wasn't very happy and Elsa didn't seem to want to do that lol.

12733429_10100431797152191_1640135092587531544_n.jpg

Then Anna was excited to see Maya dressed up like her (in her coronation dress)

12734064_10100431797082331_1552256317355849813_n.jpg

And they chatted for a bit

14691228_10100563964742281_1501244942334572742_o.jpg

And again I attempted a photo without me in it (because WHY did I wear a giant hot pink shirt?! yeah I have no idea.)

14500697_10100563965515731_2434144333734460477_o.jpg

But this was the outcome of that.

14708041_10100563965530701_4864091260715987552_o.jpg

And she was happy again once I picked her up lol (hey not much has changed in 9 months...)

14572336_10100563966518721_5534531883217723960_n.jpg

It was a really sweet meet though and Aria got lots of chatting in, especially with Anna. She does such a wonderful job engaging the kids.

And of course, no visit to A&E is complete without a trip through the shop. Aria found Minnie dressed as Elsa

14566300_10100563966917921_7578133341959130101_o.jpg

coming up next, checking in to our 1-bedroom at BLT and more birthday fun! <3

Looks like Aria really enjoyed BBB - we've avoided do that to date but Olivia noticed they have that on the ships when we were going over features on the cruise and was excited about it so we might have to bite the bullet then. Definitely seems to make sense to bring your own dress

Looks like good princess interaction at the Castle and kinda nice they all came and then you got to eat rather than impacting/distracting the kids eating. That sucks about not getting your dessert though - definitely should be a credit or something if they just assume you want the cake instead of the dessert or something ... that meal is not cheap!

I was hopeful with the new dedicated meet and greet in Norway A&E would be back meeting together but it is not to be. It was a bit odd though with them together and then the other random princess just waiting around and sometimes even getting skipped over b/c people only wanted to meet A&E - always thought they should have just not had another princess or put Olaf into that secondary spot

Anna really is great with the kids!

Oh, WOW. This is so special-- lucky you to,have little girls to share these experiences with!! Aria looks so happy to be made up, and the result is beautiful! And Maya's little dresses-- I'm dying. I cannot get over how teeny and perfect they are!

Eager to see your BLT 1-br. We are staying in a studio for two nights in January-- I know it's going to be tight quarters!

So sad to lose the tiara! That really stinks :(

What a fun day and perfect birthday! And Maya's wee dresses - so cute!

Are you wearing lularoe? I think I recognize your leggings ;)

Looks like Aria really enjoyed BBB - we've avoided do that to date but Olivia noticed they have that on the ships when we were going over features on the cruise and was excited about it so we might have to bite the bullet then. Definitely seems to make sense to bring your own dress

Looks like good princess interaction at the Castle and kinda nice they all came and then you got to eat rather than impacting/distracting the kids eating. That sucks about not getting your dessert though - definitely should be a credit or something if they just assume you want the cake instead of the dessert or something ... that meal is not cheap!

I was hopeful with the new dedicated meet and greet in Norway A&E would be back meeting together but it is not to be. It was a bit odd though with them together and then the other random princess just waiting around and sometimes even getting skipped over b/c people only wanted to meet A&E - always thought they should have just not had another princess or put Olaf into that secondary spot

Anna really is great with the kids!

She absolutely loved it!! Watch out, youll need to sign up Emma too :) But I will say, it was worth it AND you don't want to wait until Olivia thinks she's too old for it :) I do bring my own dress because 1) I like custom ones and 2) the Disney Store ones there are ridiculously overpriced lol.

Yeah seriously?! Andrew thought I was being ridiculous mentioning our lack of dessert (but he also didn't know the cost of CRT nor the birthday package :-D)

A&E together then Olaf, would be absolutely perfect!!

Oh, WOW. This is so special-- lucky you to,have little girls to share these experiences with!! Aria looks so happy to be made up, and the result is beautiful! And Maya's little dresses-- I'm dying. I cannot get over how teeny and perfect they are!

Eager to see your BLT 1-br. We are staying in a studio for two nights in January-- I know it's going to be tight quarters!

She loved it!! STill talks about being made into a princess. She hasn't mentioned it for our upcoming December trip thankfully so I do want to keep it to a "special occasion" type of thing - BUT - she does ask me ALL.THE.TIME to do her hair like a princess. I tried once and it turned out okay, using a ball (like ping pong) to keep her hair up since I don't have super strong hair spray. I was about to have to do it Monday for Halloween as she wanted to be Sofia, then Belle, then Elsa (yes we went through all these) before she decided on a "Fairy Butterfly" (which I was happy about bc I was super sick on Monday). Photo proof lol: (Aria picked out Maya's "shoes" which are actually Flipper feet slippers lol).

14856039_10100568664838251_4688485737819122778_o.jpg

And just because I absolutely love this photo:

14915686_656406737874113_6416717599033301965_n.jpg

ANyway back on topic - we had a wonderful Princess filled morning. Perfect for Aria! Although she is always very quick to point out those we DIDN'T meet! lol

Coming up, we were blown away by the 1-bedroom at BLT, after having stayed in a studio 3 different times.

So sad to lose the tiara! That really stinks :(

What a fun day and perfect birthday! And Maya's wee dresses - so cute!

Are you wearing lularoe? I think I recognize your leggings ;)

Yeah seriously!! I paid extra to get the regular sized tiara in the package, because it usually comes with the smaller BBB size one (and I certainly didn't need another of those). Then it disappeared. :( I'm not sure if Aria took it out and dropped it, or if someone saw it and took it? I really have NO idea but I did notice it was missing when I cleared out the stroller after checking into the room.

Yes, I was in LLR! :) Comfy for parks when it's a bit chillier out, but I hate that freaking hot pink shirt and don't know why I wore it. I hate all the photos of me from this day LOL. And to boot, the Moby wrap is an ugly orange (I got it 1-before we knew Maya was a girl and 2- because someone offered it to me for $10).

Aria looks so cute with her BBB makeover. I'm not a fan of some of the makeovers, but she got the cute hairstyle. And Maya in that Snow White dress - so adorable. I'm glad that the CRT birthday lunch was a hit - too bad about your server/lack of desserts, though. That cake looked amazing!

I had the same issue with wanting just Lola and Rory in pictures when Lola was 9 months old, but I forgot to bring shoes for her, so they wouldn't do it! On the cruise they were a little more relaxed though, and we did get a couple with Anna and Elsa (they meet together on the ship).

The girls in their Halloween costumes are way too cute. I'm jealous that you got good ones of both girls together - we always seem to have Rory looking cute in the ones where Lola isn't paying attention/upset, or vice versa!

This day sounds like a great birthday for Aria! She looks beautiful as princess Ariel. I would have also been mad about not getting the dessert that came with lunch seeing as how they are so expensive; I like the idea of charging less for the birthday package if that means you won't get dessert. I also love all of Maya's onesie princess outfits. Can't wait to see what a one bedroom at BLT looks like. I've stayed in a studio (and have another one booked) but you are right they are so small.

What a special birthday Aria had. I love all the costume changes. Even though Maya won't remember she was there she'll have all the wonderful pictures you took.

Photo proof lol: (Aria picked out Maya's "shoes" which are actually Flipper feet slippers lol).
Omg-- precious! They are so adorable! I see your two girly princesses and raise you a pair of terrifying dudes "dressed to kill"-- literally. This is what my kids came up with for costumes this year...
image.jpeg

That's cool you had a teal pumpkin house! LOL. Did they give Izzy an allergy friendly thing or did they also have mainstream candy?
They gave her regular candy. But she was super proud of her little teal pumpkin. :flower1:

What's awesome is that if I cut off the frosting part of the cupcake, Maya could eat the cake part!! So I am hoping that some restaurants do bring out a birthday cupcake for her :)
Oh, that's great! :thumbsup2 (Also, I guarantee you that Izzy would happily volunteer to eat that frosting part. :rotfl:)

After Baby #3 comes, I am most likely going to work 4 days per week for about 1/2 a year after I come back from "maternity leave" so that will give me an extra day per week with them, which is something I guess...
That's cool...is it one of those things where you can cut down to 32 hours and still be considered full time?

Oh man, it is full on girl mode at my house! Aria could NEVER be defined as a tom boy, she is way too into her princesses. DH is holding out hope on Maya or the new baby seeing his ways with tools and boats and other stuff.
If it gives DH hope for the other girls, Izzy likes EVERYTHING. I mean, she loves princesses and pink and purple are her favorite colors. BUT, she also loves race cars and Star Wars and (Mouse-ke)tools and spaceships, etc.

She was a lot more comofortable this year with the FG doing her hair and pulling it tight and being the center of (our) attention. Last year she was a lot more shy.
Glad it went so well! I haven't even considered BBB because Izzy does not tolerate people doing things to her hair. Getting her Rey hairdo in for Halloween took me walking around her room after her, trying to gently put up her hair. :rotfl: And that was even after she approved me doing it. She would love being the center of attention, though. ::yes::

BTW, apparently all of the commotion in the BBB caused Maya to fall asleep!
Yay, BBB was a win for everyone! :thumbsup2

A quick bathroom break, and I took this photo. Any guesses where this wall is?
:confused3 Tangled bathrooms?

It's her new favorite ride!
I suspect we're going to have trouble getting the girls off of Splash. Izzy is pumped about it because she's been on the Log Chute at the Mall of America several times and LOVES it - and I told her Splash was even better. She can't wait to ride with Aria. :goodvibes

Sweet picture! :lovestruc Also makes me realize we have a headband laying around in Izzy's room that looks just like Cinderella's. :scratchin Wonder if I can get her to wear it with her Cinderella dress? :idea:

And playing with her new tiara (which unfortunately never made it back to the room - between putting it in the stroller (I put it in the back of one of the seats) and getting to our BLT room, it disappeared :(
What a bummer. :sad1:

Great picture!

And I had to show her a sleeping Maya because she was dressed up like her!

14708228_10100563960425931_1815926404184787859_n.jpg
Love it, so cute!

Aria was excited to learn the Ariel was white chocolate and proudly bit off part of the head. Hmmm...
:rotfl2: I know Izzy would do the same. :goodvibes

LOL the cake was fantastic. And while we didn't NEED desserts of course, my main gripe about this is that we never saw the waiter again, and he never brought out the desserts we ordered (and that come with lunch). I paid quite a lot for that princess package, plus a tip to the waiter for serving the cake, and was a bit disappointed in that (IMO they should charge less for it all if they are going to save $$ on not bringing desserts?). Maybe that is not typical, I don't know.
That would bother me too. I mean, they should even just ASK if you still want them, if nothing else. :headache:

And again I attempted a photo without me in it (because WHY did I wear a giant hot pink shirt?! yeah I have no idea.)
Well, you just had a baby and it was probably pretty comfy.

A&E together then Olaf, would be absolutely perfect!!
I would love this! :thumbsup2

Very cute, I hadn't noticed the flipper feet before! Also, we've seen the Sofia Halloween butterfly episode a lot recently and Aria's costume makes me think of that.

Gorgeous eyes!

And to boot, the Moby wrap is an ugly orange (I got it 1-before we knew Maya was a girl and 2- because someone offered it to me for $10).
Well, if you want to borrow a black one for the next baby, I've got one here that I could toss in a bag in December. :goodvibes

Aria looks so cute with her BBB makeover. I'm not a fan of some of the makeovers, but she got the cute hairstyle. And Maya in that Snow White dress - so adorable. I'm glad that the CRT birthday lunch was a hit - too bad about your server/lack of desserts, though. That cake looked amazing!

I had the same issue with wanting just Lola and Rory in pictures when Lola was 9 months old, but I forgot to bring shoes for her, so they wouldn't do it! On the cruise they were a little more relaxed though, and we did get a couple with Anna and Elsa (they meet together on the ship).

The girls in their Halloween costumes are way too cute. I'm jealous that you got good ones of both girls together - we always seem to have Rory looking cute in the ones where Lola isn't paying attention/upset, or vice versa!

Agreed, I like the princess hairstyle (not as an everyday thing but for something special) but not a fan of the other ones, esp the colored hair and crazy styles. I'm honestly not sure if Aria would pick one (the FG askes the opinion of the child which style they want!!! BUt I always quickly say the princess one lol).

I knew about the shoe thing from when Aria was little, but no one seemed to say much about Maya not wearing them ?? IDK. It was more her crying that I didn't want to happen. I can see her doing the same in December, that while she CAN walk up to them now, I have a feeling she'll want me holding her.

Haha yes, that's our typical photo. Though Aria is the easy one, she listens and smiles, but Maya generally tries to walk to someone, or cries haha.

This day sounds like a great birthday for Aria! She looks beautiful as princess Ariel. I would have also been mad about not getting the dessert that came with lunch seeing as how they are so expensive; I like the idea of charging less for the birthday package if that means you won't get dessert. I also love all of Maya's onesie princess outfits. Can't wait to see what a one bedroom at BLT looks like. I've stayed in a studio (and have another one booked) but you are right they are so small.

Aw thank you! I'm glad you guys don't think I'm crazy for being a little upset over the dessert thing lol. We absolutely LOVED BLT, especially the 1 bedroom. After our 1st visit there with just Aria in a PnP, Andrew hasn't stayed in a studio again because of how small it is. I've stayed a few times with Aria though and it was fine for the 2 of us...

What a special birthday Aria had. I love all the costume changes. Even though Maya won't remember she was there she'll have all the wonderful pictures you took.

So true!! I need to see which ones I kept, now that Baby #3 will need the princess onesies for our June trip lol.

Omg-- precious! They are so adorable! I see your two girly princesses and raise you a pair of terrifying dudes "dressed to kill"-- literally. This is what my kids came up with for costumes this year...
View attachment 204983

That is hilarious! And if Aria saw your boys coming she would probably run in the opposite direction hahahaha. Nice decorations :)

Where did you get Aria's Ariel dress? I think it's got to be the prettiest one I've over seen!

It's from Primafashions - she's on etsy and facebook. I have Cinderella, Sofia, Belle and Ariel, but the first 3 are all size 3 and too tight on Aria now :( So Maya will get to wear them in 2 years. I need to look for some bigger resells of them! She does amazing work though!

They gave her regular candy. But she was super proud of her little teal pumpkin. :flower1:

Oh, that's great! :thumbsup2 (Also, I guarantee you that Izzy would happily volunteer to eat that frosting part. :rotfl:)

That's cool...is it one of those things where you can cut down to 32 hours and still be considered full time?

If it gives DH hope for the other girls, Izzy likes EVERYTHING. I mean, she loves princesses and pink and purple are her favorite colors. BUT, she also loves race cars and Star Wars and (Mouse-ke)tools and spaceships, etc.

Glad it went so well! I haven't even considered BBB because Izzy does not tolerate people doing things to her hair. Getting her Rey hairdo in for Halloween took me walking around her room after her, trying to gently put up her hair. :rotfl: And that was even after she approved me doing it. She would love being the center of attention, though. ::yes::

Yay, BBB was a win for everyone! :thumbsup2

:confused3 Tangled bathrooms?

I suspect we're going to have trouble getting the girls off of Splash. Izzy is pumped about it because she's been on the Log Chute at the Mall of America several times and LOVES it - and I told her Splash was even better. She can't wait to ride with Aria. :goodvibes

Sweet picture! :lovestruc Also makes me realize we have a headband laying around in Izzy's room that looks just like Cinderella's. :scratchin Wonder if I can get her to wear it with her Cinderella dress? :idea:

What a bummer. :sad1:

Great picture!

Love it, so cute!

:rotfl2: I know Izzy would do the same. :goodvibes

That would bother me too. I mean, they should even just ASK if you still want them, if nothing else. :headache:

Well, you just had a baby and it was probably pretty comfy.

I would love this! :thumbsup2

Very cute, I hadn't noticed the flipper feet before! Also, we've seen the Sofia Halloween butterfly episode a lot recently and Aria's costume makes me think of that.

Gorgeous eyes!

Well, if you want to borrow a black one for the next baby, I've got one here that I could toss in a bag in December. :goodvibes

IF we get each restaurant to bring out a cupcake for the birthday girl, I think it could be split 3-ways each time hahaha.

Not sure I've seen the Sofia Halloween episode, but Aria probably has on the ipad. Since we got rid of cable, her only Dis Jr time is at night now while we're relaxing and Maya is asleep.

Aw, that would be so nice! I really despise that orange one, so if you don't mind I'll take you up on the offer! It was a life saver with Maya, and having my hands free with #3 will be even more important this time around!

Since I'm at work but biding time until the weekend (I'll be back Monday with birthday party pics!!) I'll work on another update!

First, I found a photopass pic from 7DMT :)

12715893_10100431794692121_653190201136679175_o.jpg

Back to later in the day! We walked over to the BLT around 3. I hadn't received a text that the room was ready but we figured we'd go over anyway. I nursed Maya in the wrap on the walk over - which was about as awkward as that sounded, but it worked lol. Then I continued to carry her because the Ariel cake had moved from Aria's stroller seat to the car seat.

When we got there, I inquired about the location of our 1-bedroom, and asked if it had (I think) a north-facing view. We had a standard view (cheapest category), but I knew these were on lower floors and if facing the right way, could still see fireworks from the room! And, they did! Wahoo. So we headed up to our I think 4th floor 1 bedroom, and were able to take some photos while we awaited luggage to come.

There was a small entryway which was big enough for the big stroller and a front closet where we stored extra bags and stuff, and then you walk into the living area which felt HUGE!!

14702260_10100563967377001_4347142014128485497_n.jpg

That's a pull out twin along with a pull out full or queen size sofa.

14718699_10100563967591571_3043232191641483036_n.jpg

I'm standing at one entrance to the deck, you can also access it from the bedroom.

14705721_10100563967666421_1277609398469868852_n.jpg

Really great kitchen size! ( The most I do on vacation is use the Fridge, but it was still nice to have haha)

14606364_10100563967866021_6937096455726391227_n.jpg

A full size bathroom off the dining area

14712489_10100563967915921_8853327067284937995_o.jpg

Then into the bedroom, this was our view

14570588_10100563968245261_5736551217253954559_o.jpg

The king size bed looking into the huge bathroom!!

14711085_10100563968275201_2469474312679443988_o.jpg

Huge shower along with the jetted tub

14711454_10100563968549651_2181455212665273727_o.jpg

BTW, We ended up putting the pack n play in our large bathroom, and then using the one outside of the room for nighttime use if necessary - this was nice to put Maya to sleep in a quiet place and have a bit of separation. Aria slept on the pull out twin, and the living room was so spacious we didn't feel the need to fold it up every day which was nice.

Soon our luggage arrived and the first order of business was finding birthday presents!! Remember I mentioned I had packed WRAPPED gifts? I figured that through an xray they'd easily see it was toys, but I was wrong, and everything had been opened then hastily put back together. So you'll sort of see flaps hanging off. Of course I hadn't packed tape or extra paper, but Aria didn't seem to notice.

14671291_10100563968874001_3937703517824507542_n.jpg

Aria was excited to open, and I had left the evening open to do what we wanted so that's just what she did! Most of the gifts were small, like workbooks and stuff, but I do love having lots of gifts for her to open regardless.

14670743_10100563969093561_2856274604333158119_n.jpg

This is a kaleidoscope creating kit

14657349_10100563969208331_2835221854001316308_n.jpg

Maya was being pretty good

14731267_10100563969183381_3402077824048540244_n.jpg

These sets are a big hit, and great plane toys too :)

14671230_10100563969487771_1763853711385852375_n.jpg

14721752_10100563969747251_8710777218998025453_n.jpg

One of the gifts was a matching Maya/ Aria set of Tinkerbelle dresses, which Aria wanted to change into. Along with shopkins which she tore into :)

14731386_10100563970146451_6660392496608415200_n.jpg

We checked out the balcony for a bit

14650076_10100563970156431_5187272627395297008_n.jpg

See over this big building?!?! That's SPACE!!! With the castle behind (and yes, FIREWORKS!!)

14650260_10100563970171401_7639040067345935325_n.jpg

Our view couldn't be better. It was a beautiful pond out to one side, with these beautiful trees, and then the park off to the other.

14708278_10100563970226291_2910589937328156708_n.jpg

Aria had a really fun evening of playing with her new toys and relaxing in the room. We had an interesting evening of once again hashing out what to do with Maya. She was very angry. I took this photo, finally got her to go to sleep after a LOT of crying.

IMG_2030.JPG

That was at 6. She woke up around 7PM, hungry again. While she had been sleeping, I had finally made the very tough decision to hunker down and stop being selfish and completely remove dairy and soy from my diet. That started with tonight, and I skipped Aria's birthday cake for dinner (she was very happy with this turn of events) and instead ate some chips or something. I nursed her around 7:15 and again at 8, and finally got her to fall back asleep around 8:30.

14671305_10100563970281181_2135192792153062160_n.jpg

Soon after we got her to sleep, Aria went to bed and we did too! No fireworks for us tonight, as we had no clue when Maya would wake up again. BTW, at home, she had been doing REALLY good with about an 8-hour stretch 8pm-4am, nursing, falling back asleep right away 4:30am-7:30 or so! But again this evening, she woke at 1am, then again at 4, and then we had to get up for the day around 6.

Coming up next - Animal Kingdom! Tusker House breakfast, morning at AK, and evening at the Contemporary :) and I'll finally start showing you the allergy options at the restaurants lol.

Your room at BLT looks sooo nice. Now I'm excited about staying there, but wishing we are in a 1-bedroom instead of a studio (I actually just looked at the DVC website to see how many points it would be to switch, but it's double the points and we're only there for 2 nights).

That looks like such a fun night for Aria. Was one of the gifts a camera? That's kind of what it looked like, but you didn't mention a camera so maybe I'm imagining it. That's one thing I'm looking at getting Rory for Christmas, so if Aria has one, let me know if she likes it/uses it. That is too bad that TSA opened all of the gifts. I would never even think they would do that.

I'm interested in seeing all of the allergy options!

That 1-br looks HUGE! I already have rental-envy, and we haven't even checked in to our studio yet:rotfl2: Aria looks SO excited to open her presents-- you do such a good job of making her feel really special. What a cool thing, to get to spend your birthday at WDW. We always go the same week in Jan (husband has a conference so room + per diem makes it VERY appealing :bitelip:) and it's exactly half-way between my boys bdays--12/29 & 1/31, so we sometimes "celebrate," but it's not the same. Lucky girl! Since you'll now have bdays all over the calendar that means AT LEAST 3 trips a year, right?!

Your room at BLT looks sooo nice. Now I'm excited about staying there, but wishing we are in a 1-bedroom instead of a studio (I actually just looked at the DVC website to see how many points it would be to switch, but it's double the points and we're only there for 2 nights).

That looks like such a fun night for Aria. Was one of the gifts a camera? That's kind of what it looked like, but you didn't mention a camera so maybe I'm imagining it. That's one thing I'm looking at getting Rory for Christmas, so if Aria has one, let me know if she likes it/uses it. That is too bad that TSA opened all of the gifts. I would never even think they would do that.

I'm interested in seeing all of the allergy options!

It was AMAZING. We still talk about what a beautiful room it was. I just looked it up and we paid $395/night for the room renting points from our point rental guy. Way more than I typically spend (June '17 I'm looking at 3bed offsite villas for less than 90/night lol).

Yes, I did get her a kid's camera. Easy to use fun features, and she did use it a bit this trip. BUT the photo quality is TERRIBLE. She loves taking photos and usually steals my phone to take them. I wouldn't buy this camera again due to the quality issues (but it was cheap, and she did enjoy playing with it...). It's called the VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect

That 1-br looks HUGE! I already have rental-envy, and we haven't even checked in to our studio yet:rotfl2: Aria looks SO excited to open her presents-- you do such a good job of making her feel really special. What a cool thing, to get to spend your birthday at WDW. We always go the same week in Jan (husband has a conference so room + per diem makes it VERY appealing :bitelip:) and it's exactly half-way between my boys bdays--12/29 & 1/31, so we sometimes "celebrate," but it's not the same. Lucky girl! Since you'll now have bdays all over the calendar that means AT LEAST 3 trips a year, right?!

The #1 reason for staying at BLT is its location, so either way you can't beat that! :) It will be a long time before we do BLT again - I am planning to hunker down to get stuff paid off faster for the next 3 years, and then after that our options will open up dramatically. That would be SOOOO amazing if DH had a conference every year that paid for the hotel!!

Unfortunately half-way between Maya & Aria's birthdays is Christmas LOL! Yes, you think like I do - that just means at least 3 trips per year (actually a 4th, mine is 10/5 and I love October at Disney too :-D ) lol. Although this trip was a bit chillier than I like, we have joked that we need to find a warmer destination for Aria's birthdays.

I will say, having just 1 girl for almost 4 years, she may have gotten a wee bit spoiled. I am trying to keep it up, but with 3, it is going to be a lot harder. Her birthday this coming January, we are planning a weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge and forgoing a big birthday party...but I already have all Christmas and Birthday presents purchased so that makes things a little easier. It's her last birthday before starting school, and it's always been pulling teeth to get her daycare friends to come :( makes me sad, but I am sure once she starts school she'll have a lot of friends she wants to invite (I sure hope so anyway, she is a really nice good kid and makes friends easily, so I'm hoping that extends to school).

Love the 1 Bedrooms's at BLT! We stayed in one 2 years ago on the 7th or 8th floor and had a 2 Bedroom this year on the 14th floor. Both had similar views to yours but since we were up higher, there was no building in the way. Both times were only standard view rooms. Love being able to watch fireworks from our balcony & just gaze at the castle changing colors at night in general.

That room looks huge! Definitely nice that you didn't have to deal with opening/closing the bed for Aria ever day.

Glad things worked out with getting the view you wanted too - kinda nice to have that scenic view of the lake and trees and stuff and really feel a bit isolated ... but then be able to turn to the left and see Space Mountain if you want.

Definitely not easy to have to do the food restrictions and can understand wanting to test out what is really needed but probably for the best to go dairy/soy free - I hope it got easier over time

Oh awesome, we are MoS members, and so we do the zoo a lot too :)

Did you specifically book a stand up shower room? I remember looking for a room for some promotion and that was the only option, but typically the Queen rooms have a tub? Unless they are specifically denoted by a stand up shower or ADA Roll in shower. I expect my room will have a tub (it better!) and I certainly had one in May.

I don't know why I'm stressing about the tub. I guess i'm just trying to cover all the basis. This is our first big trip with the little guy (we've done over nights here and there). We just booked the standard queen room, I'm sure like you and @Dugette said it will have a tub.

That's sad about the bigger tiara Aria got with her b-day package. I'd like to hope it just fell somewhere and not that someone took it but you never know. It reminds me of when we were in Alaska in 2014 for my birthday and my mom left her wallet in the bathroom at one of our stops. It was a single person room and as soon as my mom walked out another lady walked in. My mom waited at the door but when she went back in $100 bucks was gone from her wallet. It set the mood for the rest of the day. You hate to think people would do that never mind when they're on vacation.

I'm really enjoying your TR and I hope to get to the others tonight.

What a great way to celebrate Aria's Birthday! The BBB people do a great job.
That room look incredible. Being about to have that much space, and a fireworks view is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter