• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Many Adventures of...A Family With a New Baby! Jan - Dec 2016! New 11/7!

so I was holding it and pushing the stroller.
Sounds complicated. :scared:

We had really great timing despite the hours mishap, Minnie's house was open with a "10 Minute" wait which was actually 0 - leaving us with not much time to actually play in the house!
Wow, that's great! I definitely remember standing in the blazing hot sun for far too long waiting to see Minnie (and even to get inside the house).

Soon Mickey came and instead of meeting him in a back room, he met in the entry way to his house!
That's different, but really cute!

The set up here is pretty poor design, but nice they offer single rider I guess. You have to stop at a CM outside the ride to grab a Single Rider ticket, then go up the exit (with all the exiting riders giving you funny looks). Then stop at a CM who has to stop traffic to let you cross over into a new line. Do some switchbacks, then stop and you're at the mercy of the CM in the video room to let the lined-up Single Riders in the line to get over to the elevator. This is weird bc you enter the main line at this point. Then after 5 minutes or so, you get to the elevator, take it up, walk across the landing, take another elevator down.
Yeah, that set-up is so weird. I can't remember if we were using SR or RS or FP (or all of the above), but it just felt so unnatural and awkward.

I thought she was going to check us in for dinner and request a water-side table. Let's see how that goes...
Uh oh.

When the ride was over - which BTW Aria wasn't a huge fan of due to the new explosions near the end - whereas I thought it was SUPER awesome!
I thought it was awesome too - went on it several times. :thumbsup2

When I got to Blue Bayou, where we had a Paint the Night reserved seating area package booked, my mom had JUST woken up Maya and was in line to check in. WHAT?! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WAKE UP MAYA woman!? Seriously? Maya was literally SCREAMING. Oh, I was SO SO mad. Again, I told her to request a waterside table early knowing we'd have a wait, she KNEW this. OOOH. I was so mad. LOL.
What was she thinking?! :confused3 It almost seems like she forgot/didn't believe there would be a wait and was trying to get ready to go in? Weird.

By this point Maya was done with her high chair and I was done picking up thrown toys and food.
Ugh, I remember those days quite well still. It's like a race against the clock to eat before things go downhill.

She was definitely nervous about this ride, and the FP line took foreverrrrr (or what felt like it!). But finally we were on. It was really nice getting to sit next to her for her first Space Mountain experience (vs lined up at WDW). She did pretty good but didn't come off the ride loving it. Despite that, she said she'll try out the WDW one since she'll pass the 44" mark for our next trip!
I can't believe she's almost 44"! (On a side note, I am really annoyed that the new Avatar ride is 44" - Izzy's got 6 months to get there, I guess). That is nice that Aria was able to do a side-by-side SM for her first time - also makes me want to go back to DL now that Izzy could ride all the 40" ones.

After that we headed out of the park. I really enjoyed the parade, although had heard so many great amazing things about it that I was slightly underwhelmed, and honestly I prefer the daytime Festival of Fantasy. Which I find funny bc TheMaxRebo said the exact opposite thing! lol I'm glad we watched it once, but we're just not late-night people so it was a lot of effort to stay so late (especially with the time change).
I think I liked both of them equally - like FoF is my favorite daytime parade and PtN is my favorite nighttime. Also, the sun doesn't try to melt you at PtN, so that's a plus. :rotfl: I think I was spoiled too, as we had curbside (dinner package) seating as well for our first and only viewing of PtN. Glad you still enjoyed it so much more than MSEP, though.

Despite NOT having a Cars obsessed kid (we've seen it maybe twice)- she LOVED the ride!! SOOOO much better than Test Track, the theming is just fabulous! We loved it.
It's so much better than TT (and I love TT)! This is the one that really REALLY makes me want to get back to DLR soon. Izzy's not Cars-obsessed either, but she's seen a couple of the movies and knows the characters, so she'd really get a kick out of it. Wish I could take her on it. Actually, the other day, she told me she wants to go back to Disneyland next before we go back to WDW. :rotfl: Guess I've got her well-trained. And, on top of that, SIL & BIL were at DL the other day. They said if we go back, maybe they'd join us (they lived in CA for several years, so it's like their home turf). Argh, too many trips I wish I could do!

(BTW, if you haven't heard, they are adding FP for TSMM!).
I hadn't heard that, but great news! I remember waiting like 45 minutes for that one. I can't believe you rode twice w/o much wait. Now we just need Peter Pan to get on the FP system!

I also checked the wait times for ToT for my mom and noticed they were nonexistent, so she went to ride that - Aria was adamant about not riding and I'm indifferent (gasp!) but she wanted to ride it.
Aria not wanting to ride just reminded me - so, as you know, Izzy has spent the last several months saying she will never ride ToT again in her life because she is scared of the pre-show movie. Well, just randomly tonight, she told me that she WILL ride it again and just close her eyes for the movie. Not sure why she didn't think of that one before. :rotfl: She says she's not scared of the ride itself. We'll see. Maybe now I need to put that into the October plans (it wasn't). Oh, random, but speaking of October, it was my ADR day today and I got GG at 8am too, so hopefully we can all sit together.

I handed the CM my phone to take photos, but you can't really see how sweet the interaction was. Maya was SO cute with him, gently petting his nose and laughing.
Aw, cute! :love: She sure loves puppies (and bonus that she wasn't allergic to this one).

I got a blurry photo with Maya in there, and the photopass pic didn't come out any better :(
That's a bummer! One of my favorite pics from our trip is the PP w/Ariel. Guess you've gotta go back! :laughing:

17554467_10100664322314901_4367507195318754200_n.jpg
Wow, that looks amazing!!

I started out with some sort of soup (how's that for dining reporting?!)

17554192_10100664322404721_135703593866938855_n.jpg
I have a vague memory of maybe having Butternut Squash soup there?

I haven't seen these rock-trolls anywhere for sale, but they were so cute!
I was just thinking how cute they are!

much to my mother's dismay
:sad2: They might be gluten free and vegan, though. :laughing: Looks yummy to me! :thumbsup2

At our local Mexican place, the tableside guac is $8 - seriously cheaper than if you tried to make a huge bowl of it yourself!! Here it was more than double that if I remember correctly, but still amazing and delicious and so fresh. Bonus, something we all enjoyed (well, minus Maya, she is weird and STILL doesn't like avocados!).
That sounds so good! Mmmmmm. Not sure if this will help Maya at this age, but at Izzy's daycare I guess she tells them that avocados make your hair shiny. So, Izzy loves them. Whenever she has avocado, after one bite, she's like, "Is my hair shiny yet?" :rotfl:

I'm all caught up. Sounds like you and the girls were having a fun time at DL. I wish I could see Toontown for myself while my kids are still young. It looks so entertaining, and the meet and greets at the end are an added bonus.
I'm kind of glad to see someone was a little underwhelmed with Paint the Night. Everyone seems to rave about that parade, and while I won't pass judgement on it without seeing it (that's if it ever makes a reapperance now) I was finding it hard to believe it was better than Festival of Fantasy. That's the ultimate parade, in my opinion.

I hope Aria gives EE a try in June. At least that Yeti isn't quite as scary. And hopefully having a parent sit next to her will help with any fears.

Glad to see you were able to find a restaurant that you all enjoyed/chose to eat at. Traveling with family can be interesting...

I really hope you are able to make it to Aria's kindergarten registration tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Baby #3 stays put at least until the evening.

You never know!! Aria is 5, and kind of past Disney Junior years, and STILL talks about Toontown being her favorite area!! Agreed, I loveeeeeee everything about FoF! I just find it stunning and fun and really changed my opinion of parades.

She'll try it once, I just hope she really likes EE, although TBH it's not my favorite ride (the backwards part makes me nauseous).

Baby still in there today, although I woke up nauseous this morning and threw up 3x. :( :( I'm at work now since I have ZERO (actually negative) leave so until baby comes I'm stuck here, although I am really, really hoping she comes before next Monday because I've been saying 4/14 is my last day of work and I will literally cry if I'm here next week!

That Frozen pre-show seems like a nice time to hang out and just do something different (even just having down time with that CM who asked Aria to do the puzzle is neat and likely something she will remember) - and the shaved ice was neat and something a little different. but for the price and only the one adult beverage (and lack of other beverage options) seems a bit pricey. If it was like $29 or something I could see it. Is the line still really long to see Frozen? Glad you liked the show - I suspect it is a bit of a trial (or at least working out the stage concepts) for when it opens on Broadway

Dinner looks fun. we just made guacamole the other night for dinner - made 5 avacados worth at once (yeah, my kids like it)

Their Downtown Disney, especially at night, has a very cool vibe to it

Yes, agreed, I thought the price was steep for what was included, $29 does sound more reasonable! I think the line is still long, and you can book it over there first thing in the morning to grab FP for a later show. But I didn't want to do that not knowing which show we'd get. It was still fun to do once though!

We (minus Maya) love guac too! And bonus, Aria doesn't notice if we request super spicy (or make it super spicy) as long as she doesn't hear us, so we usually whisper it lol. She hears the word spicy and then won't eat it.

I love Aria's Tsum Tsum dress, too cute!:goodvibes

The Frozen experience sounds fun, I like how it guarantees you good seats and you don't have to wait outside the theater hours before just to make sure you get a seat!

The meal at DTD looks delicious. Especially the guacamole, I love fresh guac!:thumbsup2

Thanks!! Maya had the same dress though IDK if it was noticeable. Yes, agreed on it being nice we didn't have to wait to find seats!! Dinner was wonderful!

What was she thinking?! :confused3 It almost seems like she forgot/didn't believe there would be a wait and was trying to get ready to go in? Weird.

Seriously, I have no idea. And I totally mentioned it multiple times regarding wanting to check in early because there WILL be a wait for a waterside table - it isn't like she's on the DIS or reads up on DL stuff, so I definitely told her beforehand.

I can't believe she's almost 44"! (On a side note, I am really annoyed that the new Avatar ride is 44" - Izzy's got 6 months to get there, I guess). That is nice that Aria was able to do a side-by-side SM for her first time - also makes me want to go back to DL now that Izzy could ride all the 40" ones.

There were so many 40"-ers at DL it made it so much fun! I was surprised when the 44" was announced for the new ride, but thankful that Aria should make it. Looks like a lot of fun, although virtual reality so we'll see how my stomach handles that.

I think I liked both of them equally - like FoF is my favorite daytime parade and PtN is my favorite nighttime. Also, the sun doesn't try to melt you at PtN, so that's a plus. :rotfl: I think I was spoiled too, as we had curbside (dinner package) seating as well for our first and only viewing of PtN. Glad you still enjoyed it so much more than MSEP, though.

I'll agree with you there - I did definitely like PtN over MSEP!

It's so much better than TT (and I love TT)! This is the one that really REALLY makes me want to get back to DLR soon. Izzy's not Cars-obsessed either, but she's seen a couple of the movies and knows the characters, so she'd really get a kick out of it. Wish I could take her on it. Actually, the other day, she told me she wants to go back to Disneyland next before we go back to WDW. :rotfl: Guess I've got her well-trained. And, on top of that, SIL & BIL were at DL the other day. They said if we go back, maybe they'd join us (they lived in CA for several years, so it's like their home turf). Argh, too many trips I wish I could do!

Aria said Disney World, then Disneyland, then Great Wolf Lodge and repeat. She wasn't unhappy that we had two trips to Disney World booked though - and doesn't want to give up a 6th Birthday Party to go back to Great Wolf Lodge (which I would do in a heartbeat despite our so-so time just based on the time, money and effort involved in parties hahaha). She has a whole Jungle themed party planned out (???) and wants to do it. I just hope she makes some great friends in kindergarten, because the hardest thing about parties so far is having enough friends to invite, with her daycare being so small and no one but her best friend from that group coming. :(

I hadn't heard that, but great news! I remember waiting like 45 minutes for that one. I can't believe you rode twice w/o much wait. Now we just need Peter Pan to get on the FP system!

I know! Overall our waits were really good (minus PP).

Aria not wanting to ride just reminded me - so, as you know, Izzy has spent the last several months saying she will never ride ToT again in her life because she is scared of the pre-show movie. Well, just randomly tonight, she told me that she WILL ride it again and just close her eyes for the movie. Not sure why she didn't think of that one before. :rotfl: She says she's not scared of the ride itself. We'll see. Maybe now I need to put that into the October plans (it wasn't). Oh, random, but speaking of October, it was my ADR day today and I got GG at 8am too, so hopefully we can all sit together.

Hahahha that's funny! Aria is like that about HM (and the stretching room) and reminds herself the actual ride isn't that bad. But no, she HATED the ride itself too (ToT) so I'm not sure when we'll get on that again with her.

Wow, that looks amazing!!

It tasted great, too! :-D TOTALLY worth it!! And even better I didn't get evil looks for ordering it!

That sounds so good! Mmmmmm. Not sure if this will help Maya at this age, but at Izzy's daycare I guess she tells them that avocados make your hair shiny. So, Izzy loves them. Whenever she has avocado, after one bite, she's like, "Is my hair shiny yet?" :rotfl:

Hahahha I've never heard that! That is cute! Thankfully Aria loves them, we cut them up for tacos often and she'd eat a whole bowl of them. I wish Maya would, because they are so healthy, but even mashed with other flavors she won't touch it.

The frozen thing looked really neat. A little pricy, but for one time, I'd pay it for my frozen obsessed 17 month old.

Us girls love guacamole here. Hubby makes weird faces at it and calls us all strange because we can devour it. But I've never had it made fresh tableside. Definitely need to try that.

I'm sending all the baby having mojo your way! We're a week old over here today!

First, we saw a fairly short wait for the Zootopia characters so that sounded perfect
So jealous every time I see a Zootopia meet! I seriously love the movie and wish they met in WDW other than at the parties

That's the Fun Wheel drink. How gorgeous?!
VERY gorgeous :)

And Rapunzel came over!! How awesome! (before the Bon Voyage breakfast opened up, she didn't meet anywhere for a meal ,right? So she was a total surprise)
Yes! It's kind of nice not to know ahead of time which characters you'll be meeting. And Rapunzel is one of my faves!

Then another surprise princess came over - Tiana! She's also a favorite, so that was a great surprise!
Awesome! A couple years ago when we did CRT breakfast, Aurora was "sick" and Merida was there for her instead. When I saw her come in the room I was thrilled at she IS my favorite, so that was a great surprise.

I started off with a margarita flight (much to my mother's dismay) and we also flagged over the tableside guacamole cart!
Other than the dismay the flight and tableside guac sound heavenly.

I had a really, really delicious enchilada meal with chicken. Mmm it was SO good.
Looks great and like something I'd enjoy!

While I am far from a Frozen fan the show/package sounds pretty good, and of course the important thing is that you had quality time with Aria. I like the setup and that they had both coloring and Frozen Trouble for the kids. Guess it's moot now though since it's cancelled lol.

The Frozen party and show seem fun, if a bit expensive!

Your meal at the mexican restaurant looks nice and I'm glad you all had a good time. The margarita flight is so cute!

I hope that you were able to take Aria to the kindergarten registration today and that the baby comes before next Monday!

I do not post very often, but I'm still here enjoying all your adventures and the pics with your adorable girls. :goodvibes
And I'm still planning my trip in October and I'm really confused how many breaks I need with two kiddos (3.5 and 6.5 years old) and how many attractions we can do without being too exhausted.

Hi everyone! I'm so bad at posting when I'm home but hopefully things will settle down and I can get back on the Dis thanks to a laptop (iPhone pics seem to be too big to upload directly?)

Anyway, Friday was supossed to be my last day of work. Contractions started Wednesday night (after Aria's kindergarten registration lol) but actually went off and on through Friday night. :( I didn't go to work Thursday and Friday due to them (they were really bad overnight but then fizzled out).

Emma Jean was born Saturday 4/15 at 9:43 am! We got to the hospital about 4am so not too bad. She is 3 days old and doing great so far! She was 7lb3oz and 19.25" long.

Aria loves her SO much and Maya mostly ignores her (which is probably best right now). I'll upload photos once I can get to a computer. In laws were at our house with the girls and left yesterday, and today my parents are coming through Saturday. Hoping for some downtime at some point though!

Congratulations! So great to hear that she has arrived and everyone is doing well (and she waited until after registration). That's awesome that Aria continues to be a great big sister too! Hope you get some downtime and rest soon. Can't wait to see pictures of little Emma.

Congratulations!!! I saw the news on facebook but was waiting for you to announce here:). She's beautiful.

I was hoping that was the case with the lack of posts ;) Congratulations, and can't wait to see cute pics of Emma Jean!

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see some photos. I hope you are getting some rest and that you are feeling well.

Congratulations! I'm one of three girls, sisters are just the best. They'll be best friends for life!

Congratulations!! Happy for you all, glad everyone is doing well and can't wait to see pictures!!

Congratulations again! Can't wait to see pics! Glad you're all still doing well.

It took about 3 days before Piper decided she no longer hated Hailey. Lol. Hopefully Maya is pretty tolerant of Emma. At least Aria will be a good influence on her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter