The Marvels

I love frozen 1, my only gripe was the first like 45mins was a musical and then all the music stopped in the later second and third act

Um, Frozen 2 is great - better than the first one aside from the music. But anyway, like I said, subjective.
Eh to each their own but there's a reason why people forget a Frozen 2 even exists and everyone gravitates towards the first one. But back to my point - it still made over a billion dollars.

Eh to each their own but there's a reason why people forget a Frozen 2 even exists and everyone gravitates towards the first one. But back to my point - it still made over a billion dollars.

Well, you know, my tastes are a little off from the norm.

Not at all, laughing because you obviously exist in an alternate reality and likely agree with the director as to why this movie has been such an abject box office failure.

I haven't read what the director said. i went at 5pm opening night Thursday and left the theater thinking "i really enjoyed this movie" and it looks like most everyone posting in here that actually saw the movie also like it.

I didn't run to the box office numbers and root for failure to get my jollies

Saw The Hunger Games the ballad of songbirds and snakes last night and wait for it.....i liked it

"alternate reality" lol relax

I haven't read what the director said. i went at 5pm opening night Thursday and left the theater thinking "i really enjoyed this movie" and it looks like most everyone posting in here that actually saw the movie also like it.

I didn't run to the box office numbers and root for failure to get my jollies

Saw The Hunger Games the ballad of songbirds and snakes last night and wait for it.....i liked it

"alternate reality" lol relax
Wrong again, I am not rooting for this or any Disney movie to fail as a stockholder.

Not at all, laughing because you obviously exist in an alternate reality and likely agree with the director as to why this movie has been such an abject box office failure.
It's totally fine not to like a movie for any reason but why insult other people who liked it? Even the people that liked the film admitted that it's not doing too hot in the box office.

It's totally fine not to like a movie for any reason but why insult other people who liked it? Even the people that liked the film admitted that it's not doing too hot in the box office.
I guess "insulting" is only okay when it goes along with the group think on these boards, interesting.....

I guess "insulting" is only okay when it goes along with the group think on these boards, interesting.....
Whatever "group think" you think I'm apart of, I can say I'm definitely not. I find myself disliking a lot of what Disney puts out movie wise these days lol

Yeah pretty much why I stopped bothering to post here.

If you like the move great enjoy it. I can name 100s of movies I like that lots of people don't or the critics panned.
My thing is don't attack those that choose not to see it or don't like it and don't assume they are this and that.

I happen to have every issue of MS Marvel (with Kamala) as well as several of the other Ms Marvel variants - so I have supported it in the past. Yet the assumption is I don't want to see it for this reason or that reason.

In the end women did not go see the movie - a big part of why its failing financially.
Whatever "group think" you think I'm apart of, I can say I'm definitely not. I find myself disliking a lot of what Disney puts out movie wise these days lol
Agreed 100%

For me Disney Marvel is not anywhere near as good as Marvel Marvel.
Even Nicholas cage as Ghost Rider :( is better than what they are making today - although I have heard that Keanu Reeves will be the new Ghost Rider - so Id probably watch that.

If you like the move great enjoy it. I can name 100s of movies I like that lots of people don't or the critics panned.
My thing is don't attack those that choose not to see it or don't like it and don't assume they are this and that.

I happen to have every issue of MS Marvel (with Kamala) as well as several of the other Ms Marvel variants - so I have supported it in the past. Yet the assumption is I don't want to see it for this reason or that reason.

In the end women did not go see the movie - a big part of why its failing financially.

Agreed 100%

Even Nicholas cage as Ghost Rider :( is better than what they are making today - although I have heard that Keanu Reeves will be the new Ghost Rider - so Id probably watch that.

Hey, it's fine to not see the movie, but don't not see the movie then constantly harp on how bad it supposedly is. I did like the movie. I also recognize that it has not performed well. I am not sure what the director is saying about that since nobody will post it, but I do not think it has much to do with it being female-led or anything. It's timing & marketing, plus a general lack of direction for the MCU. Now, I WILL speculate as to the motivations of those who gloat about it's failure and haven't evne seen it - but that's a different sort of thing.

That's a pretty hot take that the pre-MCU movies are better than the Disney output. I look back at that era and wonder how a lot of those movies got made. I mean, I did like Ghost Rider okay, and the sequel is insane in a good way, but most of it was not that good at all. Daredevil, anyone?

Agreed 100%

I don't support people attacking those that didn't see it either. My friends who are really into Marvel didn't go see this and are waiting for the Disney+ release. It's just a movie, no need to get so worked up about it (not talking about you specifically, that was a general statement).

I wasn't specifically referring to Marvel movies as even the Pixar and Disney studio lineup isn't too appealing to me. I literally fell asleep while watching Onward.

Hey, it's fine to not see the movie, but don't not see the movie then constantly harp on how bad it supposedly is. I did like the movie. I also recognize that it has not performed well. I am not sure what the director is saying about that since nobody will post it, but I do not think it has much to do with it being female-led or anything. It's timing & marketing, plus a general lack of direction for the MCU. Now, I WILL speculate as to the motivations of those who gloat about it's failure and haven't evne seen it - but that's a different sort of thing.

That's a pretty hot take that the pre-MCU movies are better than the Disney output. I look back at that era and wonder how a lot of those movies got made. I mean, I did like Ghost Rider okay, and the sequel is insane in a good way, but most of it was not that good at all. Daredevil, anyone?
I've seen more than enough highlights to know its not for me.
Mostly I don't want to see Disney making flop after flop - there are better uses for that money.
Disney needs to focus on getting butts in seats and not push away the long time built in fan base.

Netflix Daredevil was pretty good. I didn't see the movie.

The Original Fantastic Four was really bad though - if you have seen that you know. Not really Marvel but its under their watch.

I guess i was thinking more about Disney direct involvement in the films and perceived (right or wrong) agenda - ill give you that.

As for Ghost Rider - I just did not like Cage being in it after waiting many many (many) years for it to be turned into a movie - I feel he plays the same character in every movie - Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. yeah that's a little harsh and I have seen many of his films I enjoy - and many I don't.

Just saw this article. Is this a plausible explanation?

https://thedirect.com/article/disney-marvel-phase-6-movies-pressued

Disney Pressured Marvel to Announce These TWO Phase 6 Movies (Report)
By Russ Milheim Posted: November 16, 2023

Disney pressured Marvel Studios to announce two specific Phase 6 movies for its upcoming slate of films back in 2020.
Marvel has had a rough time these past few years when it comes to nailing down its upcoming theatrical and streaming slate.

During the Infinity Saga, nearly everything made it to screen without many hitches, the failed Inhumans being a notable exception. But, the Multiverse Saga has not had the same luck.

The MCU has faced dozens of delays since 2020 due to a handful of circumstances, such as COVID-19, behind-the-scenes drama, and the recent SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes.

Two Movies Marvel Studios Wasn't Ready For

MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios, written by Joanna Robinson, Dave Gonzales, and Gavin Edwards, is now on store shelves worldwide, and the book revealed two specific movies that Marvel Studios wasn't ready to announce when they did: Armor Wars and Fantastic Four.

The book explained how, after the tumultuous times presented by COVID-19, Disney wanted to assuage its investors. So, to do so, the studio announced an event called Disney Investor Day 2020.

Here, Disney executives such as Bob Iger and Bob Chapek combined the usual financial news that a normal investor call might have, such as their plans to "chip away at Netflix's stranglehold on the streaming market."

But then it was time for Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm Presidents Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy to announce a dazzling amount of new projects for both fans and investors to be excited about—some of which weren't even close to being ready.

In Marvel's case, it was both the Armor Wars and Fantastic Four films that were far from ready for public acknowledgment. Nearly every other project spoken about during the presentation is now out, except those two (and Ironheart, though it is already filmed).

The Troubled Journey of Fantastic Four and Armor Wars

This new information makes perfect sense, given how everything has played out since.

Armor Wars, which was originally going to be a Disney+ series, went years without any real updates. It was only last year when Marvel Studios revealed that the project would be getting an extensive reworking, now becoming a film instead—though one without a release window.

As for Fantastic Four, it's easily one of the most anticipated projects that Marvel has on its slate in Phase 6, and the Multiverse Saga as a whole. Sadly, movement on the film is slow, with fans still agonizingly waiting for official casting to be announced.

Armor Wars and Fantastic Four certainly don't seem like the only projects announced before they were ready for the limelight.

Blade was revealed to the world back in 2019, but the film has still not managed to get a workable script off the ground in the years since. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige also announced a Mutants project, but as it currently stands, it doesn't seem like it will exist until after Avengers: Secret Wars is completed.

Armor Wars does not currently have a release window, and Fantastic Four is set to debut on May 2, 2025—but that is likely to be pushed back due to delays from the recent WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes.

I don't support people attacking those that didn't see it either. My friends who are really into Marvel didn't go see this and are waiting for the Disney+ release.
One other thing - IMO people were out saying how good this movie was before they saw it - or defending it before they saw it - that seems to be ok for some reason.

This could be agenda driven (on both sides), but I've heard more than one person who went to the preview say it was really bad, and all the folks they talked to at the preview say it was really bad. Those folks then went on to say how good it was etc.. in social media - mainly because they don't want to loose access. Influencers want (and need) that access.

Obviously hard to prove this one way or the other beyond peoples word, but does it happen with influencers in the theme parks? I think so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter