The Matterhorn-anyone hear about an accident?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
On an NBC news update it said watch the 11:00 news to see what happened at the Matterhorn today....anyone know anything?

I haven't heard anything, but that's scary. It seems to me Disneyland has had trouble off and on with the Matterhorn. One day while I was there last December it broke down. Apparently they lost the location of one of the bobsleds and had to stop the whole ride. There were people trapped in there for a while. Not sure what's going on, but please keep us updated if you hear anything.

They're going to be doing a story on this on my news tonight, too. It was the Matterhorn they were showing in the tease, and said a girl is in the hospital. I'll post more as soon as the story comes on.

As if it's Disney's fault that she didn't take her medications...and didn't heed the ride warnings that are posted everywhere!!!

When I worked with tourists I quickly came to realize that older tourists often don't realize their limitations. We had flatlanders who had lung and heart problems trying to haul their fannies all over creation and back...at over 6000' altitude. It wasn't unusual for Graylines tour groups to have someone have a heart attack or not be able to breath. We even had one death on a ride...and it moved at about 2 mph, so it wasn't the ride that was the problem.

We also had tourists who would go out of the fenced areas. More than once a drunk fell over the side...sometimes they were rescued and sometimes they fell to their deaths. Other people tried to go out onto the railroad tracks...I remember one kid who must have needed a couple hundred stitches in his head after he slipped on the tracks and rolled down the embankment. He was lucky he didn't end up in the river!

What I'm saying is...people do stupid things. I understand that legally, reports must be filed. But for the news media to bother reporting these things makes no sense to me!

Guest doesn't take meds and gets Dizzy. This could have happened while walking down the aisle at Walmart. She just happened to be getting off of the Mattehorn, when it happened. It was not an accident but forgetfullness.

But if it would have happened at Walmart it wouldn't have made the national news! Or at any other theme park..... Too bad Disney gets a bad rap!

Its true that Disney gets more scrutiny, but part of that is due to the "issues" in the fairly recent past on Big Thunder and The Columbia. True, this sounds like its nothing like those instances, but they are still going to be under an even bigger microscope for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter