The McRib is back.

And what the McDonald's website lists.....................................Using the term 'rib' implies to me something other then a 'pork patty' which sounds more like a ground pork product, likely formed to look like a pork rib product.

1667338770919.png

In all of these years I have never tried the McRib :confused3 just didn't appeal.

And its "Fare Thee Well Tour" is just like Disney's MSEP, so I am not running right out since I'll likely see it back again someday.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 5.53.17 PM.png equals Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 5.53.54 PM.png

My point is, while you may not like the McRib, it is actually made from the usual cuts of pork. No snout, lips or eyeballs.

Don't insult headcheese. That's good stuff there.

The name of the product implies they are ribs without the bones. If they smoosh some other pork product together to look like a rib still isn't anything I would buy.

It's like "boneless wings".

I think I liked the bbq sauce, pickles and onions. I saw a sign at Arbys yesterday that said, we don't have the McFib, we have real ribs LOL

I think I liked the bbq sauce, pickles and onions. I saw a sign at Arbys yesterday that said, we don't have the McFib, we have real ribs LOL
That would be the Arby's at Madison and Manzanita?

<<insert Homer Simpson drooling gif right here>>
I've been a vegetarian for 12 years, and the **only** thing I miss from my carnivore days is the McRib.
Not BBQ's or tacos or hamburgers or bacon. At all. Just the McRib - It's delicious.
I wish they'd just discontinue it for good because every time they bring it back it's harder for me to resist temptation.

I like them and, in fact, had my token McRib for the year today. It really didn't taste as good as I remember. The BBQ sauce is what makes it and I think they used a lot less then they once did. Either way, I don't spend my whole year waiting for fall to have one again, but just like the Mickey Bar which I only have when I go to the parks, I still make sure I have one when it is available. Hell everyone has to die of something so it might as well be from something one enjoys.

The last time I had a McRib sandwich was many years ago and thought it was disgusting. But in all fairness, I have not been to a McDonalds in over 10 years or any other fast food restaurant.

I actually have a sentimental reason for liking the McRib. My dog ran away and was recovered by animal control when someone discovered my dog. But my dog was in pretty bad shape at about 16-17 years old (don't know exactly how old as this was a shelter dog. My dog refused to eat anything except when I fed pieces from a McRib. Eventually my dog stopped eating at all, but that was the last solid food my dog had. Eventually a vet put my dog on an IV drip for sustenance and hydration, but it was pretty clear it was time. Said it was clearly kidney damage, not away of surroundings, and we might hope for maybe a couple of months with treatment but not really a terribly good life. But yeah a McRib is what I remember about that.

The first time I ever heard about the McRib was with one of McDonald's instant win/collecting pieces games. One of the instant win prizes could include a McRib, but I'd never seen one on a menu. Once I was visiting my cousin in Southern California, and she mentioned it like it was something common.

We are McRib fans- but having said that, I don't know if I'll have one this year. We don't do much fast food. We excitedly await two McD's 'treats' each year; the McRib, and the Shamrock Shake. Whether or not we buy one is a different story!

(For the record I am not a fan of head cheese but I do eat kidney, liver, heart, gizzard, and tripe so it's not as if I am squeamish when it comes to food...)

THE TRIP TICKER LIES. I leave for my first solo trip to Disney in THREE DAYS!!

I remember loving these when I was younger (late 80's maybe?) and I tried it again during the last re-release of them...no idea how I loved them before 🤣
Same! I used to live for these things and I do get one every single time they come back out and every single time I think, "It's just not the same or something???" I remember them being to die for lol!

We are McRib fans- but having said that, I don't know if I'll have one this year. We don't do much fast food. We excitedly await two McD's 'treats' each year; the McRib, and the Shamrock Shake. Whether or not we buy one is a different story!

(For the record I am not a fan of head cheese but I do eat kidney, liver, heart, gizzard, and tripe so it's not as if I am squeamish when it comes to food...)

THE TRIP TICKER LIES. I leave for my first solo trip to Disney in THREE DAYS!!
You will LOVE going solo! I'm jealous! I leave in 9 days with a family of 4 lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter