• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The McRib is back.

Shouldn't that topic title be more like "Is the McRib back? Which is way better than The McRib is back. Same words, different order.

When this thread was first posted The McRib WAS back. But of course it now gone again. As it never stays on the menu for very long.
It stays on a lot longer than that. It's usually about a month or until they have no more ribs to sell. I am surrounded by McDonalds here. At least 6 within 3 miles. When the McRib comes out, it has huge posters in the windows. They don't bring it out to not use it to advance sales. Having a secret sale will not do that.

It stays on a lot longer than that. It's usually about a month or until they have no more ribs to sell. I am surrounded by McDonalds here. At least 6 within 3 miles. When the McRib comes out, it has huge posters in the windows. They don't bring it out to not use it to advance sales. Having a secret sale will not do that.

I remember the first time I'd ever heard of a McRib was that it was a possibility for an instant win prize for one of their instant win games. But I'd never seen one on a menu. I was visiting my cousin in Southern California and somehow it came up and she was incredulous that I'd never had one before. This might have been in the mid to late 80s.

There were some locations that actually had them year round, but they were like the white whale of McDonald's menu items.

Apparently a thread from last year that started up again. Still have ZERO interest in that McRib thing which seems about as appetizing as their dreadful chicken nuggets.

As far as I'm concerned, the McRib should be gone forever. I got food poisoning from one shortly after it was introduced for the first time. For those who wonder, "yes" I had to go to the hospital & was official diagnosed with food poisoning. The symptoms were horrible. It's nothing like the gastrointestinal symptoms many people call food poisoning. After running tests, the McRib was determined to be the culprit. It makes me nauseated to even see a picture of them now.

My dad loves all things BBQ but felt that some of the sauce over would be too saucy as he went on an errand at his part time job over in transporting cars/trucks in the local Chevy dealer. But the person over in at McDonald's say it was the big part so he rolled with it!

As far as I'm concerned, the McRib should be gone forever. I got food poisoning from one shortly after it was introduced for the first time. For those who wonder, "yes" I had to go to the hospital & was official diagnosed with food poisoning. The symptoms were horrible. It's nothing like the gastrointestinal symptoms many people call food poisoning. After running tests, the McRib was determined to be the culprit. It makes me nauseated to even see a picture of them now.
Yeah, we got a pretty bad bug from the McRib many years ago. I do beleive it was while in Orlando. Though we have also gotten sick eating at Spirit of Aloha, or at least my wife did. We've had half cooked Spicy Chicken from Wendy's too. It does turn you off the item for many years, but we did have the Spicy Chicken again and have since had the McRib with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter