The Mickey Mouse Eclipse

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Ho many of you are planning to be at WDW on August 12,2045 for the SIX MINUTE TOTALITY Solar Eclipse?

Hand raised here!

Which Park will you be in?

I am thinking Epcot in front of Spaceship Earth!

Do you think Disney will do a Lottery for Tickets and Rooms?

Can you even begin to imagine the amount of Eclipse Merch the Mouse will roll out!?lol

Where I currently live will be in the path of totality for the 2045 eclipse. So, if I'm still living here, I would probably just stay at home to experience totality. But I have to admit, it would be neat being at WDW during that time!

We've already had a few discussions about this one.

I still feel really awful that my parents got cold feet with the cloud forecast and chose not to fly to us in TX. My dad is such a big astronomy and science fanatic. They went to TN in 2017 and were able to see totality, but he didn't have his current camera and didn't bring his binoculars. So, he didn't get to see all of the details I was able to witness this week. I tried to FaceTime them, but I couldn't get a signal during totality. My parents are in their 70s and my dad is hoping to be around in 2045 because they'll experience totality at their current home. Ideally, I'd love to drive to Port St. Lucie and experience 6m 7s, but if they're still with us and still living in the same general area... they'll have 4m 23s at home...the same amount of totality I experienced on Monday.

If we're not lucky enough to still have them with us and I'm still around, I'm going to take my dad's advice and head someplace more arid. The decision will be whether I want max totality for those parts of the country or amazing surroundings. Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Aspen, Vail or Crested Butte would be great mountain spots to witness this, but the mountains in August can do all kinds of crazy things to the clouds. Moving farther west to a place like Grand Junction would be better and still picturesque but in a different way. If I want to head into Utah and shave off some of our totality time, watching from Arches National Park. The annual Perseid Meteor shower will peak the night of 9/12/2045 and camping in Arches during this event is a bucket list item even though I've been in the park during the day. So, this is an idea as well... of course, it'll be my luck that we'll be impacted by monsoon conditions.

Ho many of you are planning to be at WDW on August 12,2045 for the SIX MINUTE TOTALITY Solar Eclipse?

Hand raised here!

Which Park will you be in?

I am thinking Epcot in front of Spaceship Earth!
That would be a nifty view. This question came up last week regarding watching the partial eclipse from Disneyland, and I suggested SW:GE. I think it would be amazing to see a total eclipse over Batuu!

We should still be alive at that time, so yes we'll try to be at Disney World. Location to be determined.

We have thought about it but we’re concerned about daily thunderstorms. I think we have a little time to decide but it’s on the table.

Last edited:

We have thought about it but we’re concerned about daily thunderstorms. I think we have a little time to decide but it’s in the table.
Great point!

That would be the ultimate bummer.

WDW would quickly become the Most UNMAGICAL Place On Earth!LOL

Wow 6 min! That would be amazing. We just experienced 3 min and I felt like that flew by. I'd love 6. We had been talking about this today and thought maybe Tallahassee would be less crowded than Orlando, but I don't know the time of totality there. Does anyone have a link with the cities and times for the 2045 Totality Path?

Great point!

That would be the ultimate bummer.

WDW would quickly become the Most UNMAGICAL Place On Earth!LOL
Hopefully the weather prediction at that time will be more accurate than today, and we can move on to plan B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter