The Middle

I love this show but haven't really cared for this season. I was just over the whole drawn-out Sue and Sean thing. I love that they did the flash-forward and thanks for all those who posted about Brick's wedding ring, I didn't notice that!

does anyone how if the finale will be rerun

somehow I forgot to DVR it so I didn't see the last show

we have the show reruns on hallmark but they just show the same shows over and over

thanks

It's on the DVR but I haven't watched yet. Waiting for my daughter to have time (last week of school).

I'm so sad to see this end. We've watched as a family every week since it started. We saw so much of our our own kids in theirs. Axl has been on the same schedule as one of our kids. And Frankie is the ultimate sitcom mom. I'm going to miss the Hecks a lot.

That said, it has run its course. It was time. Sigh.

I feel like Modern Family is another show that has run it's course and needs to end.

I believe I read that next season is the last one for Modern Family.

I loved the middle....We also live in small town Indiana...and have a kid going to out of state college in a few months.

It was one of the few shows we all would watch together.

This has been my fav show for years and I'm so going to miss it. Totally disagree with everyone that says its run its course.
I haven't watched the finale yet. Hoping to watch it tonight.

The middle child discussion for me was emotional. My Dh had to hold me close. :sad: I'm the girl between two brothers. We three were separated growing up when my older brother was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 5 years. Then, we were never more than a 45 minute drive to one another's home. Now later in life and, seniors our younger brother is thousands of miles away. His daughter moved to the West coast with her young family. My brother and, Dsil moved out there to be nearer to them. It's really hard being apart. On the upside DH and, I will be visiting them this summer with older Db and, other Dsil. It will be bittersweet.

We are big fans of the show, the final episodes leading up to this one were a bit of a disappointment and I could see how the writers felt like the show had run its course. Tonight's episode was just meh for me at the beginning but finally began to pay off in the second half. I love the Flash Forward with all the Heck's and if you remember in an earlier season, we say a flash forward of Brick, married to Cindy and I think that came to fruitition. I loved seeing Axl married and with young Axl's! LOL

Thanks for posting that. I haven't watched every episode and obviously missed that one, so it is Cindy. Cool!

I agree Patricia Heaton is the best tv mom. I loved her on Everybody Loves Raymond.

We really liked The Middle. We often joke that we are the Hecks. Which I guess the relatability is what made the show so good. The puns hit close enough to real life to reach a broad audience. I'll really miss watching it. It was one of the few shows DH and I could enjoy with DD in the same room (she's always in the same room...) I agree that it had run its course though. Loved the ending, it worked out exactly as I thought it should.

Totally disagree with everyone that says its run its course.

I’m with you. I didn’t feel it was stale.

The middle child discussion for me was emotional.

I haven’t watched the finale yet, it I have in and googles to read spoilers. What Sue said about being a big and little sister is exactly what we told our middle dd, in fact when dd#3 was born we got them matching shorts, one said I’m a big sister, one said I’m a little sister and one said I’m a Big and Little sister

Neil Flynn (Mike) already has a new show lined up for the fall (the one w/ the lady who runs a bar in her backyard - Kelly's maybe???). Wonder what everyone else's plans are?

EDIT - show is called Abby's.

One of my favorite shows, I could so relate to everything in it. (local girl)Patrica Heaton my favorite, she once even had a nice private conversation with me on Twitter .

The Middle is such a great show, and I'm really glad that it wrapped up nicely. I will miss the show though, it has been a part of my life for so long. I definitely cried because I will miss it so much! :worried:

If you missed the finale, you can watch most of this season's episodes on ABC television website.

One thing I noticed was at the end when they showed Sue's wedding. They showed Mike and Frankie, Brad and what looked like his partner, Axel and his pregnant wife (although she never turned her head to the camera, it looked like Lexie). But they did not show Brick. I was expecting to see Brick and Cindy. Just thought it was odd they didn't show Brick. I did notice the wedding ring when he was at the book signing, so we can assume he married Cindy, but it was strange he was not in the final shot of Sue's wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter