The Monkees Tour Cancelled

carlymcqueen

Mouseketeer
I was going to see The Monkees for my fourth time last night (my family are all huge fans) but only a few hours before the concert we got word that Mike Nesmith had fallen ill and that night, along with the rest of the tour will be cancelled. TMZ claimed he collapsed during a sound check but others claimed that that wa false information. The tour is rescheduled for January, I believe. I just hope Mike is alright :guilty: was anybody else planning to see them?

I wasn't, but I did see that news. I also saw a post on Mickeys' Facebook page that he did not collapse. I hope he's ok and that they can get the dates rescheduled.

Aww, hope he is OK. We saw the original Monkees many years ago. Plus we Davy Jones at Epcot for a Flower Power concert once. We were planning to see him a second time the year he passed away. Really made me so sad, he was my first celebrity crush. Mickey Dolenz did the concerts instead & did a touching tribute.

I contemplated it, they were in Stockton, 50 miles from here a few weeks ago. Just more money than I thought it was worth
We saw Micky Dolenz a few years ago at the California State Fair. He was part of the "Happy Together Tour".
We had Paul McCartney here for 2 shows in Sacramento, contemplated that also. But the prices were just too steep. Friends who went had a good time, but said at 74, his voice wasn't what it once was.

I contemplated it, they were in Stockton, 50 miles from here a few weeks ago. Just more money than I thought it was worth
We saw Micky Dolenz a few years ago at the California State Fair. He was part of the "Happy Together Tour".
We had Paul McCartney here for 2 shows in Sacramento, contemplated that also. But the prices were just too steep. Friends who went had a good time, but said at 74, his voice wasn't what it once was.
No, his voice is gone. Time to hang it up Paul and count your massive amount of money. You earned it and you should go out with a positive memory. Instead he publishes a new album. Got to give him credit that he never gives up.

I saw the Monkees when I was 18 - it was an awesome show. My daughter (24) wishes she could have seen them when Davy was still alive. She's a big fan.

But we are bigger fans of the Beatles and our dream came true when we saw Sir Paul a few years ago. That man is so incredibly talented - he came out and played instrument after instrument. The catalog of music at his disposal is incredible. His voice is older and cracks a bit more but it was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. And at 76, he still has the energy of a much younger man.

I think the Monkees were/are underrated. I still listen to their first 5 albums quite often. Their music was certainly part of the soundtrack of my childhood. I was 7 and 8 at the height of their popularity. Davy was also one of my first crushes.

Reactions: Liz
I think the Monkees were/are underrated. I still listen to their first 5 albums quite often. Their music was certainly part of the soundtrack of my childhood. I was 7 and 8 at the height of their popularity. Davy was also one of my first crushes.

It didn't hurt that many of their songs were written by some of the best music writers around. Boyce and Hart. Neil Diamond. Carole Bayer Sager. Carole King. Harry Nilsson. Neil Sedaka. Paul Williams. Even Jack Nicholson!

The Monkees were really good for a band thrown together for a TV show. And yes, they definitely used great song writers.

I saw the Monkees when I was 18 - it was an awesome show. My daughter (24) wishes she could have seen them when Davy was still alive. She's a big fan.

But we are bigger fans of the Beatles and our dream came true when we saw Sir Paul a few years ago. That man is so incredibly talented - he came out and played instrument after instrument. The catalog of music at his disposal is incredible. His voice is older and cracks a bit more but it was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. And at 76, he still has the energy of a much younger man.

I've seen him a couple of times. He was worth every penny. He gives 110% to every show. I say that he should tour for as long as he wants to keep touring, and as long as there are people who want top see him. Kee[ on going, Sir Paul!

It didn't hurt that many of their songs were written by some of the best music writers around. Boyce and Hart. Neil Diamond. Carole Bayer Sager. Carole King. Harry Nilsson. Neil Sedaka. Paul Williams. Even Jack Nicholson!
Absolutely! And the genius of Don Kirschner in the first year. I also think the music of the Archies and the Partridge Family is underrated. Still listen to their oeuvres on occasion. I just adore (and miss) well crafted pop music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter