The Most Likely Announcement...

Which Announcement?

• New Ticket Pricing

• New yearly promotion

• Other(Please state in a comment!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think realistically it's a ticket promotion. Buy so many days, get one more Disney Day free. It might also be 24 hr park opening on leap day but I don't think that will be the whole announcement.

I also wonder if they will promo Magic Sorcerers? I had lunch with an Imagineer a few weeks ago who is working on this project and while he didn't mention any details, the announcement made me think of that as a possible announcement- however I think this would only be part of the announcement - not the whole thing.

The ads all talk about more time. I agree it seems pretty silly to hype one day of being open 24 hours this big and on national tv. I hope maybe it will expanded hours - perhaps the parks will be open 24 hours on weekends or something for 2012. But it is more likely to be a promo where you pay for 4 days and get 2 nights free so you have more "time" at the parks kind of deal. Unfortunately we can't afford to go next year so we won't be able to take part anyway. So I guess I hope whatever it is goes beyond 2012.

My guess is that it will be something like the "Give a Day, Get a Day" program they had where you could volunteer at certain organizations and get a free day in DW.

We will all know soon.....

Whatever it is, I hope it is more than buy 5 days get six on tickets. That would amount to a whopping $9 per person, and you would probably have to buy a regular priced room to get it. Not really worth it at all.

Yes, after watching the video, I see what you mean. One more day in 2012 does sound like something to do w/Leap Year. Thanks for the link!

You're all wrong.

The announcement is that Disney is buying Universal. 5th gate issue solved! Marvel Comics issued solved! Ticket prices - who cares? We're Disney and we just bought our closest competitor. You'll pay whatever we tell you to pay.

P.S. In reality, it's Disney Marketing 101. It's never as earth-shattering as we diehard's think it's going to be. It's likely a new theme and promo tie-in with the possible kick-off of marketing the FLE and AoA.

More time... more time...

The construction presented and advertised as AoA is actually the progress of finally finishing the Legendary Years!

...hey, I can dream, can't I? Disney seriously dropped the ball by scrapping the Legendary Years.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Maybe it will be a buy one day/get one free thing :confused3 :rotfl:

This sounds like a strong possibility and a good marketing idea. Buy a day, get another day free. Another day to get people to spend money at the theme parks; perhaps book longer stays in Disney hotels.

Maybe it is another day at ANY Disney theme park, worldwide.

Also, open 24 hours on Leap Year Day is hardly a year-long marketing strategy. It would be a dead deal after only two months. Given the hype they are giving this new promotion -- adverts, watch "New Year's Rockin' Eve", etc, Disney will most likely be presenting a year-long promotion.

Remember, a few years ago, if you registered online, you received admission to a Disney theme park free on your birthday. So, why not offer people a free day with a paid day's admission? It would be, after all...

"....One More Disney Day!"

More time... more time...

The construction presented and advertised as AoA is actually the progress of finally finishing the Legendary Years!

...hey, I can dream, can't I? Disney seriously dropped the ball by scrapping the Legendary Years.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Why do you thing they dropped the ball on Legendary Years? :confused3 At the time they felt they didn't need the rooms. Remember this was right after 9-11 and the Florida tourism market took a huge hit.

To fill rooms now they have to offer free dining in times they never would like the summer.

With AoA they are filling in a void that off site has always had an advantage over on site, "reasonable"* rooms/suites for more than 4 people.

* though $300 a night peak for a value suite doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Wait maybe you are just upset that they didn't continue the theme when they rebuilt them. :confused3

I think it will be a get a day but not buy one get one. More like buy 7 get the 8th free. They are really not giving away more than a couple dollars but to the first time guest it sounds good.

I think it will be a get a day but not buy one get one. More like buy 7 get the 8th free. They are really not giving away more than a couple dollars but to the first time guest it sounds good.

If its only tickets then yes its no deal at all. The only way to make it a deal is to also include room and if its only one day dining plan.

They did this once before with the buy 4 get 3 free deal. It only applied to room and tickets, not the DDP and the marketing folks didn't really think it through.

For the tickets they figured ok its an extra $9 or $15 (at the time its was only 3 or 5 dollars to add day for day 5 and up). Well some got 7 day NE tickets for price of a 4 day NE and then upgraded them to AP's and got around a $100 discount because Disney forgot to factor in that people would ask for NE tickets and get 3 extra NE days which is a lot more then $9.

Unless tickets are going down it's not going to be that, no company is stupid enough to
A) hype an announcement about prices going up ahead of time
B) use advertising money (ok airtime since they own ABC) to advertising they are trying to get more of your money

I'm betting on yearly promotion that includes previews and hype for the Fantasyland Expansion. I would love for something like GAD or YOMD again.

I vote for YOMD!!!!!

I think the open 24hrs for leap day sounds/would be stupid. Really, a big new years announcement for a random day in February being open longer? Just doesn't make sense to me. I'm guessing just a new promotion. Excited to find out though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter