• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The most magical trip ever

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
Just got back last night from the resort after 5 days with my mom who recently suffered a minor stroke. Of all my trips to disneyland maybe over 20 this was the most magical. It didnt start off well after getting on the plane it was announced that we would have to change planes due to some mechanical problem, The gate for the nxt plane was kinda far and they had already cked my moms wheelchair. Then the front to the lavatory was leaking causing another delay. We were an hour late. We took disneyland express bus and off we went. We went to the grand but there is construction at the Grand so the bus could not enter we were dropped off at the paradise pier where thy took us by golf cart to teh grand. It actually felt kinda special. I have to say the customer service at the grand was superb every cast member went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. After getting our room we relized the bed was too high for my mom and they moved us to another wood courts view ada room, it was perfect. we were pretty tired and hungry so we went to smokejumpers and it was so good, especially since they brought back my favoriSincete waffle fries that i rembered from years ago. i dont ever remember seeing my mom eat a hamburger like that before and finishing it. Since this was the last day of small world going before going down this was our only priority this day. I was dissappointed that we no longer had a wheelchair line but it was about a 30 minute wait. My mom struck up a conversation with a large mexican family in front of us and the granfather was so nice to us and he even helped my mom into the boat. I only did a few attractions Soarin we did 4 times, we used the stay in your wheelchair option for the little mermaid and monsters inc and Buzz. Wheelchair room for finding nemo, We had breakfast at the carnation as our tradition. We saw the Frozen show every day of ourip,Yes im a huge frozen fan. It was fun to see the show is a little differnet each time and the cast membrs are often differnet. We enjoyed Ice cream ate at the plaza inn twice and did lots of shopping. Saw Lincoln twice and got to see the enchanted Tiki room after its refurb. Never made it much past the tiki room or much h0lwood blvd in dca. Did meet anna and elsa and they were very sweet to my mom after explaining what happened to her no phot pass but cast member took lots of photos with my camera. There was photo pass with Tinkerbell at pixie hollow and she was great to. Disneyland can be so magical without the rides and this was the case for me. I had such a wonderful time and with the right pacing it was fine. Atrip i will always remmeber.

It is always good to focus on all the positive things happening instead of the minor negative things which is what you did. We have met many people at Disneyland from literally all over the world. I love reading good vacation stories. Glad you had a great time!!!!!

Sounds like a special trip with your mom! Glad the stroke didn’t prevent you two from enjoying your trip!

Great to hear about your Magical Trip :wizard:

I try to follow reports (good and bad) about GCH, just to stay well informed
...We took disneyland express bus and off we went. We went to the grand but there is construction at the Grand so the bus could not enter we were dropped off at the paradise pier where thy took us by golf cart to teh grand. It actually felt kinda special...
What day and time did your bus arrive at GCH?
There have been a few reports of long waits (due to construction) on Friday and Saturday evenings.

...I have to say the customer service at the grand was superb every cast member went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable...
:goodvibes :thumbsup2
...After getting our room we relized the bed was too high for my mom and they moved us to another wood courts view ada room, it was perfect.
Beds were replaced during the renovation. The box spring and skirt was replaced with a platform that allows luggage to be stored under the bed.
These new beds are rather high (~29") so a small stool is provided.
HA rooms have lower platforms with the same mattress (~21")

Great to hear about your Magical Trip :wizard:

I try to follow reports (good and bad) about GCH, just to stay well informed

What day and time did your bus arrive at GCH?
There have been a few reports of long waits (due to construction) on Friday and Saturday evenings.

:goodvibes :thumbsup2

Beds were replaced during the renovation. The box spring and skirt was replaced with a platform that allows luggage to be stored under the bed.
These new beds are rather high (~29") so a small stool is provided.
HA rooms have lower platforms with the same mattress (~21")
We took the 10 30 am bus arriving at the grand at about 11 15 am there was no line at all it was sunday

Sounds like the little bumps at the beginning of your trip did not ruin it for you. What great memories you ll have. I’m happy to hear that ur mom was Able to enjoy this trip with you. Thank you for sharing.

Disneyland can be so magical without the rides and this was the case for me.

I loved reading your trip report. You made such wonderful memories. I never understood how to appreciate the full magic of the parks until I went to WDW pregnant and had to slow way down and stay off the thrill rides. It permanently changed how I visit the parks, in a hugely positive way. You are so right - the magic is not ride-dependent.

I loved reading your trip report. You made such wonderful memories. I never understood how to appreciate the full magic of the parks until I went to WDW pregnant and had to slow way down and stay off the thrill rides. It permanently changed how I visit the parks, in a hugely positive way. You are so right - the magic is not ride-dependent.
I think you notice so much more people watching, the meet and greets, we really enjoyed the pixar shorts festival and the nutcracker preview too. Plusmit seems those attractions are not as popular so never a wait, also hangin our in the animation academy is nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter