• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"The Never-ending DisneyLifestyling" Trip Report! The Life of a Disney Local New 6/8!

corinne148

"And so the lion feel in love with the lamb"
Hi everyone and welcome to the (hopefully) Never-ending DisneyLifestyling Trip Report!

I'm so excited to start writing this trip report! I'm a relocated to Orlando Disney fan who spent countless hours reading trip reports when I still visited Disney World as a tourist. After I moved to the most magical place on earth I unfortunately lost that habit and frankly, kind of missed it! The excitement and planning of a trip to the World is wonderful to read about and therefore I thought maybe I should, for once, write my own trip report. It may not consist of the same planning as it does for somebody on vacation but hopefully this trip report will contain lots of excitement! I also hope to inspire and help you all who may be thinking about taking the same leap of moving to Orlando!

Let me start by introducing myself!
https://flic.kr/p/nD3DqZ

My name is Corinne and I'm originally from Stockholm, Sweden and I now live in the wonderful town of Orlando, just 20 minutes from Disney. After being a Disney fan since I was a kid I finally took the leap to move to the US and to my favorite place of all, Disney World, about 2 years ago with my husband and sister. I currently attend UCF - Rosen College to take my bachelor degree in Hospitality, Theme Park Mgt. My dream is, of course, to work at Disney!

As many international fans of Disney probably know, moving here and being able to stay in this wonderful country is not the easiest but I have never regretted moving here a single day!

My life basically consist of going to school and the rest of the time being in the parks as much as possible so I hope you all will enjoy spending some time with me and reading about all the fun stuff you are able to do when you live in Orlando!

So here are some friendly faces that will probably pop up in this trip report a lot!

The Cast

My hubby, Daniel
https://flic.kr/p/nF8N6e

My Disney Prince, crazy Disney fanatic and yes we also go to school together! He is my high school sweetheart and the funniest person I know! As you can see from this pic we both have an unhealthy obsession with our phones. LOL

My sister, Reiven and her boyfriend Max
https://flic.kr/p/nD4DdH

My sister decided to move from Sweden together with us and met her boyfriend Max over here. We all live together in our wonderful Orlando house. My sister is princess addict like me so we love going to the parks together.

Our crazy group of friends!
https://flic.kr/p/nmRXEm

After moving here I met some of the most awesome people ever. We are all Disney fans and meet at least once every week and do some Disney fun! Almost all of us are relocated tourists which makes it even more awesome.

Just so you can get to know me a little bit better here is​

10 random facts about me!

1. I'm a Disney Princess fanatic. I love how they are all gorgeous and sparkly!
2. I have an unhealthy obsession with Disney merchandise.
3. I'm a Disney blogger and I love it and have met so many new friends because of it.
4. I would die without my phone and check my twitter/instagram/facebook at least every 5 minutes.
5. I have two dogs, silky terriers, named Stitch and Lady. My furbabies!
6. I'm not a fan of Sweden at all and think the US is the best country ever!
7. My favorite park is MK, my fave resort Polynesian and my favorite restaurant is Cape May Cafe. I love seafood.
8. I wish that Loki was a real life person.
9. My vices are makeup, shoes and jewelry. You can never have enough.
10. My biggest dream is to visit Tokyo Disneyland and get to buy all their merchandise. I would probably not even make it home with all that luggage.

I've subbed and I'm looking forward to reading along with your Disney adventures as a local!

So looking forward to your report! I love that it's about re-locating to Orlando! My DH and I have considered moving our family to the Orlando area but haven't made the leap yet.

I'm definitely in for this one! Love your Disney obsessions :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about your continuing adventures :surfweb:

First Day of Star Wars Weekend!

So this Friday was the start of Hollywood Studios Star Wars Weekend. I cannot claim that I am a huge Star Wars fan, as I haven't even seen the movies, but something new happening in the parks is always fun!

We got a late start to our day as we are not morning people at all. Our goal for this Friday was to check out the fireworks that night and to meet up with some of our friends. We are planning on doing an early morning one of these weekends to be able to take pics with the characters because, seriously, if you don't arrive at opening the lines are way too long.

The stage in front of the hat was all set up for the new mini show they were going to have before the fireworks. All it did was remind me of Hyperspace Hoopla and how it is now gone. That was one of the most fun parts about Star Wars Weekend and something that made you go back again and again. I understand that Disney wants to take the Star Wars brand in a more serious direction but I think everyone in the audience understood that it was just some innocent fun.

As soon as we got further into the park we noticed how crowded it was, especially around all the Star Wars meet and greets. These weekends totally affect the crowd level so take that into account when planning your visit.
As the lines were way too long for us we decided to take some sneaky pics of the characters instead. I have to admit that I don't even know who some of the characters are and I usually stick to the ones I know about like Darth Vader and Chewbacca, which are my favorites.

We later on met up with our friends in the park and one of them had decided to dress up as Jedi Waldo. He was a huge hit with the park guests.

Half the fun of Star Wars Weekend is just to people watch as many regular guests dress up for the occasion. One of my favorites, of the ones we saw, was this Mini Stormtrooper.

I also spotted these guys with really cool Star Wars themed vests.

It was quickly getting really hot outside so we decided to take a break and try one of these themed Star Wars drinks.

Being a fan of Darth Vader I of course had to try the Dark Side cocktail. It was really good and tasted very similar to the Magical Star cocktail you can find at the Disney resorts. As you can see in the picture the cocktails are $13.75 each which is pretty expensive. But you are basically paying for the glow cubes that are made to look like the Death Star and a Light Saber. Pretty cool Star Wars souvenirs!

Next up we took an A/C break and checked out some of the Star Wars weekend merchandise in the regular shops. I'm totally merchandise crazy and as it's also the main focus of my blog I love walking through the stores. Even looking at merchandise I'm not personally interested in is always fun.

I found this really cute pink and white Ewok plush toy. Perfect for the girly Star Wars fan!

Frozen is still the hot ticket item when it comes to the merchandise in the parks and they just got in new gift cards featuring Olaf. Adorable!

Later, around 5, we decided to brave the Darth's Mall line. It didn't look too bad from the outside but be warned there is a queue inside too. Luckily it went very fast and I think we were inside in 20 minutes.

Unfortunately the inside of Darth's Mall was like a really bad Black Friday. It doesn't look too horrible in that pic but next to the Her Universe fashion, which I really wanted to check out, it was unbearable. Saving that for another weekend, this was opening weekend after all. Did found some cute Star Wars figurines inside.

Ended the night with the dance party by DJ Lobot and the Symphony in the Sky fireworks. Have no pics of it unfortunately as I was filming them. The pre-show to the fireworks was in my opinion a very sad replacement to the Hyperspace Hoopla. The presenter kept repeating that Star Wars was going to penetrate us which was cracking us up so much! Fireworks on the other hand was awesome. A must see!

Next day we took a trip to Magic Kingdom for a little filming, hoping to have that post up soon!

So looking forward to your report! I love that it's about re-locating to Orlando! My DH and I have considered moving our family to the Orlando area but haven't made the leap yet.

How exciting that you are thinking about moving here! It is a great town! Let me know if I can answer any questions.

I'm definitely in for this one! Love your Disney obsessions :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about your continuing adventures :surfweb:

Thank you so much for following! Disney is really easy to be obsessed about! lol

Joining in! I love DisneyLifestylers even though I go broke because of it, there's just too much great Disney merch out there :goodvibes can't wait to read about all your adventures!

Joining in! I love DisneyLifestylers even though I go broke because of it, there's just too much great Disney merch out there :goodvibes can't wait to read about all your adventures!

OMG, so sweet of you to say! It makes me so happy that I can share my love for Disney merchandise with other people. And I'm so broke too and they just keep making more lol

Saturday Trip To Magic Kingdom!

Last Saturday we made a trip to Magic Kingdom to meet up with our friend John or "BigFatPanda" as he is called online. The plan was to film my third merchandise segment for his show at Bonjour Village Gifts and then just play around some the rest of the evening.

We started our day with a lovely walk from the Contemporary! I love this walkway because it is such a calm and peaceful way of arriving to the MK compared to the monorail.

Magic Kingdom wasn't overly crowded on the rides but the walkways sure were busy. We quickly made it into the Emporium to escape the crowds and look for some new merchandise. With the Maleficent movie arriving in theaters really soon we have finally gotten some Maleficent merchandise featuring Angelina Jolie.

Next up we stopped into one of my favorite shops, the Christmas shop!

Frustratingly enough we spent the next half hour trying to fix our FP+ as my husbands just disappeared. While I do like FP+ this is not the first time this has happened to us and it is really annoying. Worst time it ever happened was the first day Anna and Elsa had their meet and greet at MK. We booked our FP+ as soon as they were available and then day of they were just gone. Luckily, guest relations fixed it. At least we had a really pretty view!

After that we took a lap around the park on the train and then ended up sitting in a quit corner at Storybook Circus playing on our phones for a while. This is one of the best parts about being a Disney local, you never have to rush around like a crazy person. You can spend 30 minutes just lounging on a park bench and people watch. So enjoyable!

While waiting for John we decided to check out the situation outside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It was still in CM previews and there was an insane amount of people trying to get in. Can't be fun job standing there denying people. Really hoping during the 24-hour day it will be open!

As soon as John showed up we headed to Bonjour Village Gifts to film my quick little merchandise segment for his show. "Big Fat Panda Show" on youtube, check it out! We featured these little cute Chip mugs in the segment.

Next we had FP+ for Splash Mountain! I hadn't been on it since the refurb so it was amazing. It looked really refreshed. We, of course, had to take a Splash Mountain selfie!

They had lots of cute tees, like this one, in the Splash Mountain gift shop.

We next rode some Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan!

Noticed that they had fixed the prints on the lanterns by the Rapunzel restrooms, which made me really happy as they had faded so bad by the sun you couldn't even see the print at night.

We were getting hungry so we headed to Pinocchio's Village Haus because we love their flatbreads. Surprised and happy to see that they had gotten a new flatbread called Italian Meats Flatbread Sub. It was just as yummy as the other ones they have.

We ended our night by watching a little Wishes and riding Little Mermaid.

By this point it was around 11 pm and we were all beat after Friday's Star Wars Weekend day so we decided to head out. You do way more walking at Disney than you would think and my feet were hurting. That's what you get when you want to wear cute flats instead of sneakers :lmao:

Right now when I'm writing this it almost midnight on the 22 and tomorrow is the 24 hour party at Magic Kingdom. I need to leave for the park in about 4 hours as they open at 6 am. The 24 hour days are always a ton of fun but the early wake up call not so much. If you want to follow me throughout the day check out my twitter: @dlifestylers or my instagram: @disneylifestylers I will be posting pics and video all day and will be trying to catch pics of as many rare characters as possible. Will be good times!

What a lovely MK day! I think I'm in love with the Chip cup!! Is Bon Jour gifts in New Fantasyland?

The Contemporary isn't one of my favorite resorts thematically, but oh man I would LOVE to be able to walk to MK.

I heard a ton of horror stories on Twitter about A&E FP+ disappearing the first day! Hopefully they get those kinks worked out sooner rather than later.

LOVE those Chip cups! As you can tell from my username Beauty and the Beast is my favorite so that may have to be a purchase on my next trip.

I have been feeling super homesick for Splash Mountain lately hahaha. That shirt is adorable.

I loved that pic of you three on Spash Mountain! :rotfl2: I'm sitting here chuckling to myself (good thing I'm at home instead of the office lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter