The Never-Ending Vacation: Will I Ever Go Home??

Awesome updates so far!! Love that you drove down all the way by yourself!! And avoided all the accidents!! Props! Driving in FL is serioiusly worrying! I had two friends in serious accidents within a week of each other just because of people not using turn signals! :scared:

Glad you made it safe, and boourns to that poopy waitress! Like, what was she thinking?! Boo.

Yay for finally getting to Disney! Props to you for reporting that family, there is no way that anyone should be treated like that, ever! And so often people stand by and don't say anything, major props to you!!

Yay for Epcot! Definitely one of my favourites on the lazy days to just stroll around and eat & drink bahah! Love the picture of you in front of sse! Super cute!!

Now normally, I do not condone violence.

But I would have shanked that waitress. ::yes::

The nerve of some people!

And as for the family with the special needs child....my heart breaks. I have a special needs cousin I am very close to, and I was a respite worker for children with developmental disabilities for a few years.....usually, the families of these special children are so loving and patient, despite the struggles that having such a unique child can bring. So to hear how this was handled....all I can say is that I'm so glad you took the time to report it! So many people would have just walked on by and not given it another thought. As stressful as it was for you, I'm glad you were placed in the path of that child...maybe you reporting it made all the difference! I hope. :)

Hey stranger!!! Sooo excited for this TR! :goodvibes

First off, a big yikes on all the accidents! So glad you escaped all those near misses. Scary stuff!

Second, each and every day I see acts of genuine kindness exhibited by perfect strangers. That being said, there are an appalling number of people in this world that do the exact opposite. I am so, so sorry for what you went through with that horrible waitress. What gives people the right to treat others like that? It deeply saddens me to hear that. But you are so strong, look at what you've done already and you're 19 years old! You get a big :thumbsup2 for that! Also, I truly believe that most of the time when people put others down it's because they are so unhappy with their own life. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but perhaps she saw how beautiful you are and felt the need to put you down to "make herself feel better". At any rate, shame on her. Okay, enough of that.

Okay, I seriously need to get a Mickey head luggage set. What is my problem? Why do I not have one already?! :rotfl:

Ugh, that horrible family situation you had to witness! I'm so glad you did something about it! So many people would have turned a blind eye.

Yay for awesome Disney bus drivers!!! I talked at length with one from Boston in September and took a picture with him... It's one of my favorites of the trip!

Woohoo! Glad you were able to make your reservation... And three minutes early no less! :thumbsup2

OMG on your new trip!!!

Going over to subscribe to your dining review!

Subscribing!! Your title intrigued me. :)

Ugh, can I just say I feel physically ill reading about that little girl and what her parents were doing to her? It actually reminds me of a time when my husband and I were on our honeymoon and as we were entering MK, there was a family with two little boys exiting. The younger of the two had Downs and his mom was *SO UPSET* over the fact that her son was ruining her "perfect" vacation. The more she yelled at him, the more agitated and upset he got. There were at least 3 CM's called over to the situation and they ended up separating the mom from her family and I would assume the police showed up.

I'm sure that little girl was completely overwhelmed and her parents didn't want her to ruin the trip. Poor thing. :(

Anyway, onward and upward. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Awesome updates so far!! Love that you drove down all the way by yourself!! And avoided all the accidents!! Props! Driving in FL is serioiusly worrying! I had two friends in serious accidents within a week of each other just because of people not using turn signals! :scared:

Glad you made it safe, and boourns to that poopy waitress! Like, what was she thinking?! Boo.

Yay for finally getting to Disney! Props to you for reporting that family, there is no way that anyone should be treated like that, ever! And so often people stand by and don't say anything, major props to you!!

Yay for Epcot! Definitely one of my favourites on the lazy days to just stroll around and eat & drink bahah! Love the picture of you in front of sse! Super cute!!

Here's hoping I am just as safe during round 2! :faint:

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement, they really mean a lot to me. Sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do!!!!

Gosh, I could spend like a full week at Epcot. I just love wandering around and looking at everything and eating! (And trust me.... I know where I will be on my 21st birthday. LA CAVA'S MARGARITA FLIGHT, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!) And thank you, it wasmy first time being told to do the princees pose-so I was cheesin' :lmao:

Now normally, I do not condone violence.

But I would have shanked that waitress. ::yes::

The nerve of some people!

And as for the family with the special needs child....my heart breaks. I have a special needs cousin I am very close to, and I was a respite worker for children with developmental disabilities for a few years.....usually, the families of these special children are so loving and patient, despite the struggles that having such a unique child can bring. So to hear how this was handled....all I can say is that I'm so glad you took the time to report it! So many people would have just walked on by and not given it another thought. As stressful as it was for you, I'm glad you were placed in the path of that child...maybe you reporting it made all the difference! I hope. :)

I seriously laughed for like 5 minutes when I read 'shanked.' I like you. :thumbsup2
I'm very glad I was there to report it, and I definitely hope that something good came from it. People are unbelievable.

Thanks for reading!

Subbing in! It sounds like you had a ton of fun on your trip! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome and thank you! I hope you enjoy the rest! :hippie:

Subscribing.

Hello! Thank you!!!! :yay:

Hey stranger!!! Sooo excited for this TR! :goodvibes

First off, a big yikes on all the accidents! So glad you escaped all those near misses. Scary stuff!

Second, each and every day I see acts of genuine kindness exhibited by perfect strangers. That being said, there are an appalling number of people in this world that do the exact opposite. I am so, so sorry for what you went through with that horrible waitress. What gives people the right to treat others like that? It deeply saddens me to hear that. But you are so strong, look at what you've done already and you're 19 years old! You get a big :thumbsup2 for that! Also, I truly believe that most of the time when people put others down it's because they are so unhappy with their own life. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but perhaps she saw how beautiful you are and felt the need to put you down to "make herself feel better". At any rate, shame on her. Okay, enough of that.

Okay, I seriously need to get a Mickey head luggage set. What is my problem? Why do I not have one already?! :rotfl:

Ugh, that horrible family situation you had to witness! I'm so glad you did something about it! So many people would have turned a blind eye.

Yay for awesome Disney bus drivers!!! I talked at length with one from Boston in September and took a picture with him... It's one of my favorites of the trip!

Woohoo! Glad you were able to make your reservation... And three minutes early no less! :thumbsup2

OMG on your new trip!!!

Going over to subscribe to your dining review!

:hug:
Glad you seem to be enjoying it so far!

And really, thank you for being so sweet about all that with the waitress. Who knows what she was thinking. It's just upsetting how little some people think about how they affect others. Same goes for the family treating their daughter poorly. Why would they ever find that to be an acceptable way to deal with something? I don't know. But here's to hoping some change will be made.

I agree- you need Mickey luggage, ASAP! You can't be an official Disney Visa holder without one!!! :rotfl:

That's another thing I love about Disney too! All the great people that work there!!! It's very fun interacting with them, especially ones (like bus drivers) that I'm sure do not receive a bunch of attention!

Happy you liked my dining report progress so far! It didn't seem like a lot but now that I am writing the stuff I realize just how much there is to everything, haha! Can't tell if I am being too detailed with everything...but that's the beauty of it I guess- nobody HAS to read this if they don't want to! :rotfl2:

I will message you tomorrow, can't wait to hear how things are going with you. :goodvibes

Subscribing!! Your title intrigued me. :)

Ugh, can I just say I feel physically ill reading about that little girl and what her parents were doing to her? It actually reminds me of a time when my husband and I were on our honeymoon and as we were entering MK, there was a family with two little boys exiting. The younger of the two had Downs and his mom was *SO UPSET* over the fact that her son was ruining her "perfect" vacation. The more she yelled at him, the more agitated and upset he got. There were at least 3 CM's called over to the situation and they ended up separating the mom from her family and I would assume the police showed up.

I'm sure that little girl was completely overwhelmed and her parents didn't want her to ruin the trip. Poor thing. :(

Anyway, onward and upward. Can't wait to hear more! :)

My trap worked!!! :lmao:

Sorry for the ill feeling, that was why I did not want to get too descriptive. It was very disturbing. As I said, I just felt like if I shared a little bit here, it might make someone else be able to step up in a difficult situation. I'm so sorry you and your husband had to experience that on your honeymoon. :(

But yes, the situations were handled. And things are definitely looking up. Thanks for subscribing, I hope you continue to enjoy!

Note: This post is mostly photos I took around the World Showcase because of the topiaries during the Flower and Garden Festival. I am by no means a professional photographer, (this is my first time actually photographing ANYTHING) so please no critiquing the images. I put up the ones I liked, as well as some silly ones, and I made this note now so that you could skip this update if you don't care about it! Thank you! :hippie:

Day 2, Part 2: Gratuitous Flower and Garden Photos

After I waddled out of Le Chefs, I back tracked a little...(just to England then I thought, ok forget this I want to go FORWARD!) to see what topiaries they had there.

Now, admittingly, I took pictures of EVERY single one, and from several angles as well...but not all of them came out. I am only sharing the ones that are 'decent'. So, if you think to yourself, "But what about Captain Hook and Peter Pan??" I promise you I saw them...I just didn't capture them very well. :rolleyes: Moving on...

cf1e198a-4d34-414d-8500-0a7522d81320_zpsb4d21aad.jpg

Mary Poppins by the bathrooms...classy.

f674f799-a7a7-40bf-879c-7dabe949dc2c_zps176ab937.jpg

82a673e3-5e8c-47bc-b469-af27b7467910_zpsb14b58ca.jpg

3d90c19a-0232-4131-b977-93034f0e4bd2_zpsdaf5049f.jpg

My personal favorite.

dcd864c1-0854-4722-b5a6-879ee713959e_zps07c640ed.jpg

They don't miss a detail on the beast!!

07711216-1006-47fc-8ca6-1ade84d7d78c_zpsf5403efa.jpg

So why is Belle so....plain? (I know they did that for Cindy and Aurora...but she is her own free-standing topiary...like Snow White! :sad2:)

46394260-a199-4707-9bf4-d26fbf4b4826_zps809b32bf.jpg

I got a picture of the fountain without people laying/jumping all over it! Score!

As I passed through France, I saw someone that I love: Belle! I immediately said to myself that I should get in line to see her....well I followed the line back, and realized that was NOT going to happen.

af1c1ee3-e602-4151-bc4b-8e3c213cd0bc_zpsd9311d93.jpg

See the tree to the far left? She meets somewhat 'behind' that tree, in a little nook that curves out towards the lagoon. The line is everyone to the right of that tree, against the fence. And I couldn't even get the entire line in a shot. I just chose this spot to take a picture so you could see HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE HONESTLY IN LINE. Nuts! It's no Anna and Elsa, but for an outside character? Yeah riiiiight. :faint:

e3e0fb62-e4bf-4aae-9e3d-cfa4bf6884c1_zps2802d31c.jpg

The most beautiful day ever.

495f2328-4fc7-48e8-93af-eec807287152_zps21127392.jpg

I stopped to watch these guys for a second because I had never seen them before. They were.....doing their job, haha. :rolleyes1

233edd47-a522-4223-af3c-300c037e5aae_zps990af385.jpg

The second most lovable bad guy....next to Gaston.

4c61efbd-03a5-48d0-bbcc-026197b29a50_zps3d46411e.jpg

I couldn't resist going into the chain of shops in the Italy pavilion, they are my absolute favorite! I love these masks, and one day I will have one!

Another thing I love is the designer perfume they sell. Unfortunately, I am very sensitive (allergic) to most things that are heavily scented, so I tend to stay pretty clear of perfume. Which is sad, because I love it very much. So when I walked by the cute guy pushing the product, I couldn't help but stay for a sniff. He thought I was cute too because he wrote his number on one of those scent sticks they hand out, and he put a spritz of perfume on it. I laughed and thanked him and exited the shop...he'd sprayed that stuff one too many times...and I quickly entered his number in my phone as 'WDW Guy' so that I could toss the smelly sample.

109b16ed-c123-4552-bc7c-97058e0a1597_zpsfca62bf5.jpg

CUTIES!

fe68af0f-b9e9-4cb2-b915-d54dc30666f9_zps251bf48a.jpg

SEE? So much detail! I don't get it. :confused3

e6bfa248-6c8c-4de6-85a3-debc393d30e6_zps711a1147.jpg

Then I arrived at Snow White's Well....

Now, I was having a good afternoon. Walking around, taking pictures, helping other people get some pictures of themselves, etc. It was awesome. But I also love taking funny selfies. (And occasionally a cute one!) Ranging from duckface, to ugly face, to looking really really bored in what most would consider to be a really fun environment.

Example:
c1418339-66db-40fd-9858-50cbbc86fa47_zps54378c2d.jpg

With a caption reading, "Oh, I guess I'm at Disney World."
(GET IT??? IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I WAS HAVING A BLAST! :bitelip:)

So once I got to Snow White's Well, I decided to send a Snapchat (app that lets you send photos/videos that people can only see for a matter of seconds) of myself making a creepy witch-like face. So...very ugly and creepy. And at that VERY moment I was trying to capture my radiant beauty, some guy comes up to me and goes, "Would you like me to take that picture for you, Princess?"
And what do you know, he was photopass! Needless to say I was very embarrassed and didn't get the picture. :rolleyes2
But when I said, "No, really, I'm just taking weird pictures, don't worry about it!" He kept insisting that I needed one at the well.

I gave in and got this picture taken...
9939e0fa-013f-475a-bbce-54b930b32863_zps19a35e90.jpg

I looked weird! (LOBSTER ARM!) But he definitely knew how to take a photo.

And...after, what do you know, we started talking......and, you'll never guess: he gave me his phone number!
I am the kind of person that doesn't really appreciate someone being on their phone when you are with them, so I try not to do that when I am talking to others. And since the whole 'adding your number' thing takes like 2 minutes, I hate being awkward, so I just take it down in a notepad and save it later. Well, that was sort of stupid because after we parted...I realized I hadn't gotten his name. So I just put him in as 'WDW GUY' thinking that was enough variation....

[And with that, it is telling me I have reached my photo limit...oh man, it's because of smilies! *insert one shaking it's head* To be continued!]

Next Up: Back to the Future [World]

I think your pictures of the topiarys are great!

Wow, that line for Belle is crazy!

Two phone numbers in one day....awesome! :thumbsup2 Your picture in front of the well is great!

Sounds like you are having a fun time! :)

I can't wait to read more about your never-ending adventure and I really hope your dream of relocation here to Orlando comes true!

Day 2, Part 3

World Showcase pictures continued.....

f9e5a2c4-5b6b-4765-b5d5-5316c0110261_zps3bb57303.jpg

ddf33f71-de13-49ce-a2c3-c64cd7489615_zps6bdf6fd7.jpg

I have never seen Reflections of China, but my goodness do I love these buildings.

fd1ebede-8cd1-4448-8adc-7f680954840e_zps9b91b314.jpg

09c5c35a-2357-4607-b6d9-79d4f0c4caa1_zps123eb731.jpg

8e867d27-ee83-475f-961b-9529458afe6f_zpsa959fa68.jpg

I have always wanted to go to Norway, it looks so beautiful. So this is my favorite of all countries featured in the showcase....I just don't really get the whole troll thing.

92ff5e1a-3c6a-420d-81ea-fea16fa4945f_zps3b3f7792.jpg

Wish they had not changed the artifacts in the stave church...

e85c28e8-f6f1-4ca7-aace-b279523a84ea_zpsda4e8f84.jpg

Took this picture because I meant to ask: What are they doing here?

b908b560-b197-49a4-a494-5d0e5dd2c4f7_zpsde052d10.jpg

I can't be the only one creeped out by this troll thing.

a4ce491d-6ed9-490d-99bb-5dd9c9a453a6_zpsb2e2c6d6.jpg

None of my pictures turned out inside Mexico. But at least I got your stereotypical, 'look at me taking pictures with a nicer camera!' photo. Oh, and Sulley is peeking in too!

After that, I had a FP to TestTrack, so I was on to FUTURE WORLD!

1f98cd18-de54-4954-956f-4e486a84d395_zps5eee2bed.jpg

51d28831-0dbf-4592-aecd-7f82ddd4cc5e_zps965a571b.jpg

I come from a Chevy family, dealers owners and all, so we appreciate the TestTrack reboot. In fact, I'm not crazy about this ride...but come back to it now for Chevrolet loyalty reasons. But, I was in the FP line that was moving quickly, so I didn't get to look at much of anything.

8012b5e7-0dac-484b-a0b5-29410ee1fe39_zpsfce359a9.jpg

or as I like to call it: The 'Wasting a lot of Time' Design Studio at Epcot

b15cdc07-e812-403d-842c-84b6c1a0b177_zps35f86955.jpg

I always put all the turbo-boosting crap on it in hopes that it will make the ride faster.

Then I ran over to my favorite Epcot ride!

7dcbc5ce-6ed4-4749-8dbe-e5cd3ec0c086_zpsdf57573c.jpg

bc705e30-1c17-4033-8f7e-555b1a1c8f34_zps44d467c7.jpg

Me getting artsy.

The wait was like nonexistent, so I got right on Mission: ORANGE, because I don't mess around. (This ride and the teacups are my favorite, I love spinning fast!)
Then after that, I just poked around all the rest of Future World.

8d66b6cf-72e9-475d-b1ff-81eea5fe1556_zps6f9dc1dd.jpg

I had never been in the Epcot Character Spot before...and there was a 0 minute wait...so I went it, and had a blast!!!
Also, I took a lot of Memory Maker photos....so I think that the best course of action would be to add all of those at the end of this trip report. So I'll just use the ones form my camera/phone for now!

First up...
cfbc2725-3573-415b-81a1-429064dc8ff9_zpsba152837.jpg

Mickey!!

Then my absolute FAVORITE!!!
11f17b8a-03fd-45bd-8ddc-f62d37f9364e_zps7d865f72.jpg

Goofy!!! Ahh, he gives the best hugs!

3c004eab-2aa8-409f-99f3-f03510c0abe9_zpsc4586513.jpg

Last but not least...
3509efad-d51d-40df-8415-629ff76362ae_zps4bf29efd.jpg

She gestured for us to lift or dresses....it didn't really work with mine, but oh well!

82bc2667-b093-4ebd-b549-a4b10bd97e21_zpsddcc9916.jpg

1e4ba677-4aa9-4bf6-9b3a-142eb92dd004_zpsa4f5c0d9.jpg

60161322-e0fb-4359-a613-16f372245d84_zps59d67f15.jpg

8e83ce38-0d64-48c3-afdc-ca58c602eaf3_zpsea2f2f13.jpg

Probably my favorite picture I took the entire trip...

And after all my roaming around, and about 500 more photos than I shared on here, it was time for dinner!
4a850b75-6f0b-46e5-b90b-731daaae1782_zpsd3c9c8f2.jpg

Be sure to pop over to my dining report for the details of my meal!

Next Up: The Art of Persuasion

I think your pictures of the topiarys are great!

Wow, that line for Belle is crazy!

Two phone numbers in one day....awesome! :thumbsup2 Your picture in front of the well is great!

Sounds like you are having a fun time! :)

Thank you very much! :blush:

I can't wait to read more about your never-ending adventure and I really hope your dream of relocation here to Orlando comes true!

Meeee too! Thanks for the wishes! :goodvibes

Who knew that you had such a great eye for photography!!! Great pics girl friend!!! Love that sunset over the flower bouquets in the water. Nice!!!

Beautiful pictures!!! Wow, I really need to get back to Epcot during F&G again... Nothing compares to the beauty of Epcot during that time. :goodvibes thinking it needs to happen next year... :idea:

I think your pictures are great. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. :)

Who knew that you had such a great eye for photography!!! Great pics girl friend!!! Love that sunset over the flower bouquets in the water. Nice!!!

Trust me- It's the camera! But thank you!!

Beautiful pictures!!! Wow, I really need to get back to Epcot during F&G again... Nothing compares to the beauty of Epcot during that time. :goodvibes thinking it needs to happen next year... :idea:

I already love Epcot enough as it is, but it continues to blow me away! My goodness they go overboard with the F&GF and I am not complaining. You definitely need to get back there!

I think your pictures are great. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. :)

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate your following along! :goodvibes

I usually lurk but I just wanted to say that I love your pictures and your hair looks GREAT! :thumbsup2 I will be following!

I usually lurk but I just wanted to say that I love your pictures and your hair looks GREAT! :thumbsup2 I will be following!

Oh my goodness!!! Your first post!! I am beyond flattered! Thank you so much for following along, and for joining DisBoards! Oh it is SO much more fun once you're involved!! Again, thank you for following along. I'm so happy. :goodvibes You definitely gave me the push I needed to finish the next posts. :rotfl2: Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter