The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going next week! Will be at the Swan Sept 6th to 10th. Can't wait!:woohoo: :yay:
Will post a report on my return.:hippie:

Great pictures Dan and Blondie! I added your post number that have the photos, to the first page so others can find them easily.

:)

Robin~ Thanks for doing such a great job on the "new" S/D thread.

Dan and Blondie~Your pictures are simply the best! I get that S/D "feel" :goodvibes when I see them.

hi, first of all, thank you for the new thread. it was very much needed and very much appreciated. i have a question for you (or anyone that can help). is it possible to get a view besides the parking lot with a standard room catagory at the swan? any suggestions what to request? thanks in advance

Robin, what a great job you did in beginning the new 2008 thread - takes a lot of time and talent!! Ok, so here are a few more pix, we usually request 11101 - right smack in the middle of the top seashell fountain at the Dolphin - close to elevator - DH has lung problems and would never make the long walk to the end sections....

WDWtrip11-9-06021.jpg

WDWtrip11-9-06007.jpg

WDWtrip11-9-06037.jpg

WDWtrip11-9-06038.jpg

Enjoy Caroline

First... great job on the new thread!

Francie>> Please know that some of the parking lot views are actually wonderful resort views of the ToT! Honestly, I would ask for the best view possible when checking in and cross your fingers! :)

Debbie

Hi all! Nice place you've got here.:cool1:

We're staying at the Swan 10/17-10/21. Due to the fact that we couldn't get a flight out on the 21st we decided to add 1 night to our stay. Of course there aren't any rooms available at the Swan or Dolphin for the 21st so we're probably going to have to switch to another resort for our last night.

Will the Swan transfer our luggage to the resort we switch to?

peachgirl~I have read on this thread many times that the S/D will transfer luggage to a Disney resort.

Thank you!

I'm hoping something comes open so that we don't have to switch but so far, no luck. We want to stay in the Epcot area, but the rates for a single night are just a wee bit steep!:scared1:

Were doing an 8.00am start at AK during our upcoming Jolly any idea on how's the best way to get there for that time on a morning?,As always Many,Many thanks...

Chris

Hi all! Nice place you've got here.:cool1:

We're staying at the Swan 10/17-10/21. Due to the fact that we couldn't get a flight out on the 21st we decided to add 1 night to our stay. Of course there aren't any rooms available at the Swan or Dolphin for the 21st so we're probably going to have to switch to another resort for our last night.

Will the Swan transfer our luggage to the resort we switch to?

This has been added to page one of the thread.... :goodvibes

"One of the benefits to staying at a Disney resort is that the resort will transfer your luggage as you change resorts during your stay. The Swan and Dolphin is not considered a Disney resort, but they have been known to extend this same luxury. All you need to do is call the Bell Services of your current resort and ask if they will transfer your luggage. We have stayed at the Dolphin numerous times and they have always provided us this courtesy."

Not sure if it has been already linked in this thread (did not notice it), but there is also several years wealth of knowledge and much information, reviews, etc in the now locked thread pertaining to the Swan Dolphin Resort linked here. Keep in mind if you review that thread, some of it may be out of date, but the majority of it is not.

Were doing an 8.00am start at AK during our upcoming Jolly any idea on how's the best way to get there for that time on a morning?,As always Many,Many thanks...

Chris

The WDW bus transportation to AK begins 1 hr before the park opens. The only way to get to AK using WDW transportation... is by bus.:)

I just added the following info "Transportation Options" to page one of this thread.. Thanks for the question: :)

Transportation Options...

Dolphin guests enjoy full use of all of the WDW transportation services. The buses and boats start picking up resort guests one hour prior to the Parks' scheduled opening times. This includes the Extra Magic Hour (EMH) times. Buses run directly from the front of the hotel to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney (Marketplace, West Side and Pleasure Island), Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. Some of the buses service only Swan and Dolphin resorts; others service the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club as well.

For lovingthemouse: GREAT Dolphin photos!!! I've been sold and can't wait to stay at this resort in '08!!
Thanks Dan for the link to the old thread - I'm gathering all the info I can!

I just wanted to add my official thank you to Mom Poppins for taking the time to start another thread! You've done a great job!

thankyoufairy.gif

Ahhhhh Thanks Blondie and everyone for your kind words. We have enjoyed our stays at the Dolphin over the years and are happy to share what we have learned. Even though we are now DVC we still stay at the Dolphin at least once a year. It is our sentimental favorite!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter