• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The new BCV's are gorgeous, glad I kept my Keurig in Owners locker though!

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
Listen up to studio users only! First, the new rehabbed studios are GORGEOUS. We've owned at BCV for 20 years and I feel like I entered a whole new home with new carpeting, beautifully colored drapes, paint and most of all the amazing Murphy bed! So impressed. After being married for 36 yrs, we enjoy separate beds while on vacation and spreading out. My very tall husband loved the new Murphy bed and its a dream to collapse in the morning, wow. Now, here's my take on the new Keurig and coffee maker. combo unit. Ahead of our vacation, I was excited they added it, two thumbs up to Disney for listening to us, honestly. But, for those of us that only use studios, it takes up way too much real estate for my taste. I was so glad I had my small narrow one stored in my locker to use, and I just took the new one off the counter and stored it in the entry way for the week. Then I was able to fit cereal bowls, and other things on that precious small amount of counter top space. Otherwise, well done Disney, loved the new studio villa!!!

We had a great week, we are no longer park goers, but use DVC as our destination now and love it. Stormalong Bay was our daily fun, and was as pretty as ever. We spend lots of time in the adult hot tub and it was so well maintained and clean, as was the pool itself. For such a huge complex, its a wonder how they keep up but they do such a good job. Any questions, let me know!

Last edited:
Good to hear, the photos looked pretty bland. I just stayed at BR and thought it looked much better than the photos as well.

Good to hear, the photos looked pretty bland. I just stayed at BR and thought it looked much better than the photos as well.
Yes, much better in person. I couldn't believe how new it looked, so happy with it.

Is the sofa comfortable for sitting?
The new sofa is jarring at first, it is hard to sit down, but then you realize that the material underneath is most likely memory foam so you start to sink and becomes pretty comfortable. Much easier to get out of, compared to the last sofa, that was awful.

I agree with OP. The refurbished rooms are great, especially the Murphy Beds. Now, if they’d just give some TLC to the common areas, I’d be happy (elevators are really beat up, for example).

OP here, and just returned home. After 20 yrs of ownership at BCV, I still absolutely love that I bought in here. SAB is in fabulous condition, clean and pristine. We spend almost every day here and love it. The villa pool was also in fantastic shape and clean. The hot tub in both pools were in great working condition. If anyone is looking for a fantastic sandwich, other than Hurricane Hannah,s, go into the YC to the fast food section and order up a Cuban. They warm it up for you, and we take it out to the pool, fabulous and delicious. My husband and I split it, its big (with homemade potato chips).
I called Housekeeping on a couple of occasions, always ask for 4 oz glasses for our studio, and they always respond right away. Other than the annoying room checks every day, I honestly have no negative feedback. Love the new look, so refreshing!

Surprising..last few times there dvc hottub is broken more days then not.😕
Glad you had a good time..cmon July!!!!
Exactly, when we went in October, the villa hot tub was closed the whole week and I was so hoping it was in working order this past week, and it was. It was fantastic as always.

I agree with OP. The refurbished rooms are great, especially the Murphy Beds. Now, if they’d just give some TLC to the common areas, I’d be happy (elevators are really beat up, for example).
hopefully that will come as they finish up the actual rooms.

Surprising..last few times there dvc hottub is broken more days then not.😕
Glad you had a good time..cmon July!!!!
We have had the same experience ourselves . Also, the jets just don't seem as strong nor the temp as warm as it should be compared to other hot tubs at other Disney resorts when we have visited- even after they "fixed/renovated ' it.

Listen up to studio users only! First, the new rehabbed studios are GORGEOUS. We've owned at BCV for 20 years and I feel like I entered a whole new home with new carpeting, beautifully colored drapes, paint and most of all the amazing Murphy bed! So impressed. After being married for 36 yrs, we enjoy separate beds while on vacation and spreading out. My very tall husband loved the new Murphy bed and its a dream to collapse in the morning, wow. Now, here's my take on the new Keurig and coffee maker. combo unit. Ahead of our vacation, I was excited they added it, two thumbs up to Disney for listening to us, honestly. But, for those of us that only use studios, it takes up way too much real estate for my taste. I was so glad I had my small narrow one stored in my locker to use, and I just took the new one off the counter and stored it in the entry way for the week. Then I was able to fit cereal bowls, and other things on that precious small amount of counter top space. Otherwise, well done Disney, loved the new studio villa!!!

We had a great week, we are no longer park goers, but use DVC as our destination now and love it. Stormalong Bay was our daily fun, and was as pretty as ever. We spend lots of time in the adult hot tub and it was so well maintained and clean, as was the pool itself. For such a huge complex, its a wonder how they keep up but they do such a good job. Any questions, let me know!
Photos?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter