The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz, you can write this off as a business trip because we keep giving you "assignments" (me included!) :rotfl:
I hope you have the most perfect weather and the most fantabulous time ever! Have a safe trip and we'll all be wondering what you are up to at any given time during the day. We'll be waiting for all your news and trip report when you get back. Maybe I'll just pick you up from the airport so I can hear it quicker??? :lmao:
I usually post daily so no worries. I just can't wait to get there.

Well today is the day, BUZZ!!! Bright and sunny here in New England. I am sure your flight will be awesome!!! :goodvibes:

Awaiting your first post from CSR!!!! :surfweb:

I wonder what he's doing right now, besides basking in the warmth? Bet he's already had lunch at the Pepper Market and taken at least 45 pictures for us! :rotfl2:
The loyal following awaits you O" King of CSR!:lmao:

I just booked 6 nights in October beginning the 4th. I am really excited to go back. Me and my family went in 2004 for 3 nights: $47/night post card. What a super deal. Back then we stayed in Ranchos. It was really pretty. My kids loved the stone streams by our room. And the lizards! Wow. My DS, 8 at the time, thought Disney brought in the lizards just for this resort as it was Spanish/Mexico themed. So cute.

Now, my question: I requested Cabana building, just to try something different. Standard view...I am cheap. What do you think?

TIA!
C

I'll be at CSR starting Thursday. If anyone needs some more pics, I'd be happy to take some. Buzz, if you miss anything and need photos lemme know. I will likely have my laptop (thanks grad school), but if not, my iPhone can keep me up to date on posts. I can't wait to leave!

I just booked 6 nights in October beginning the 4th. I am really excited to go back. Me and my family went in 2004 for 3 nights: $47/night post card. What a super deal. Back then we stayed in Ranchos. It was really pretty. My kids loved the stone streams by our room. And the lizards! Wow. My DS, 8 at the time, thought Disney brought in the lizards just for this resort as it was Spanish/Mexico themed. So cute.

Now, my question: I requested Cabana building, just to try something different. Standard view...I am cheap. What do you think?

TIA!
C

Standard view is what I booked too. Not much of a view considering there are no balconies. I asked for cabanas as well. I like the rancho look the best for the reason you stated, the stone streams, but since I am with my grandparents...I figured location was priority #1! Wow, I wish I payed $47 a night. I personally though I paid a little bit too much. I probably could have stayed at one of Universal Resorts for $170ish (I have an AP there).

It's a Sunbeam 4 Cup Coffee Maker and it uses flat bottom, standard 4-cup coffee filters.

:welcome:

Does Disney provide filters? Probably a stupid question. We're bringing down our own coffee (WaWa...yum. Think a clean 7/11). Thanks, and sorry for posting 3 times in a row...

TIA!
C

I am going to be there at the same time (2nd) ... and I got a standard too. I am not looking out the window so I am not worried. So if you see a short red head wave

I wonder what he's doing right now, besides basking in the warmth? Bet he's already had lunch at the Pepper Market and taken at least 45 pictures for us! :rotfl2:
The loyal following awaits you O" King of CSR!:lmao:

DIDO... hope you had a safe trip! Can't wait for updates! :cool1:

I allready booked a King room at CSR. Can I now request a certain building or do I have to wait until I get there? Thank you.

I allready booked a King room at CSR. Can I now request a certain building or do I have to wait until I get there? Thank you.

You can request a building when you make your reservation, so yes you can call back and add the request to your ressie. Check out Buzz's site for good building locations!

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!:thumbsup2

Hi Buzz and fellow Dis'ers....

My Sister and I are headed to CSR in about 70 days and we've been looking at the different sections on the Resort and decided we'd like to stay in the Casitas section. We requested it when we made our reservation and I plan on sending a fax to them a few days before we go. We are also going to be arriving at our resort at about 11:30am and are thinking we may just be able to request it again when we check in. We want to stay in an upper level (3rd level would be wonderful) room. Does anyone have any suggestions for particular rooms...We are booked in a Standard room....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can make!

Interested too in folks advice around room requests - we will be checking in late (8pm or 9pm) on a Friday night - does it follow that the later you check in, the less likely a particular room request will be granted?

Rix's afe looks good but does the notice say that kids are not allowed at any time, or does it mean later in the evening.

Can someone take a pic of the mattress or describe it? I'd like t know if they are hard or soft? Thanks

The mattresses are pillow top - thick, around 15 inches or so..didnt have a ruler...great sleeping- one less thing to worry about - ( I was concerned as well)

Babs

Interested too in folks advice around room requests - we will be checking in late (8pm or 9pm) on a Friday night - does it follow that the later you check in, the less likely a particular room request will be granted?

Rix's afe looks good but does the notice say that kids are not allowed at any time, or does it mean later in the evening.

I think it will have to do with how full the resort is.

We checked in around 7:30 pm and had a king room non smoking booked thru AAA (before the no smoking policy) and they did not have a king room available except a smoking one. They offered us that or a standard room for the night and move in the am for half off. I had a sinus infection so they upgraded us for the week to a suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter