The "new" Miley Cyrus

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
My daughter was just listening to the new Miley Cyrus song. She certainly has changed quite a bit since her Hannah Montana days. I really like the new song, but I absolutely hate the video.

What do you all think about her new look and style? I haven't seen or heard about her in a long time. I'm sure I must be living under a rock. ;)

Just thought I'd post.
Here is a link to her new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUvu1mlWco

I don't care for her new attitude much. I think she trying everything she can to shed her good girl image of Hannah Montana

I think trash is a good word to use. I'm not comparing her to her Hannah Montana self but simply as she is acting now. The way she has been acting and
the awful hair.

I was watching TMZ the other day(my guilty pleasure) and they showed parts of the video and I think she just wants shock factor not even bothering to put out a good product.

Totally agree with you, Tina. She is the Queen of Skankville now.

Can't say I'm a fan on the new song, or the video. But I'm not surprised she is rebelling so hard. Put to work and be the new family cash cow at 11, such a young age. And now her parents are getting divorced. Nope, not surprised at all. Hopefully she will outgrow all of this in a couple of years.

I feel bad for her, all the loud cry for help/attention she is giving. It's like she the new Brittney Spears, even down to the haircut.

She's absolutely disgusting. Trash is the best word to describe her now. She's stooped to the lowest of the low.

When I saw the video, my first thought was, "Huh, so that's what drugs do to people."

The song itself is tolerable, but I have a couple of annoyances with it. One, I was horrified that the local radio station did not censor the lyric about "trying to get lines in the bathroom." It's a terrible suggestion as it is, but considering they bleep the "B" word in a number of songs, the fact that they allow that line to go uncensored is confusing to me.

And, omg, the "Only God can judge me" line grates my nerves. It's like people singing or rapping about untoward things, they are the ones spouting the "Only God can judge me" verbiage. Go listen to Gospel or Rhythm and Blues or Jazz...even when they sing about God, I doubt you will hear "Only God can judge me."

I'm not a fan of Miley - but I'm not her target audience (married woman in my 50's) so she didn't create the music for my enjoyment. She's going thru growing pains under a pretty big spotlight.

What a depraved video. It was stupid too. Perhaps she just needs to grow up, but it is sad that impressionable teens will see it :sad1:

someone needs to put her out of her "fame" misery.

no more records.
no more interviews.
no more movies (i don't think she has had anymore).
no more red carpets.

just let her RIP.

just awful.

When I saw the video, my first thought was, "Huh, so that's what drugs do to people."

:rotfl2:

She's trying too hard. OMG - it's been so overdone. All us old folks are just shaking our heads "yes dearie you aren't a sweet little girl anymore. We GET IT!!"

:rotfl:

It was pretty well documented that she started recording and doing the video right after the Emmy's when she found out her boyfriend/fiancé cheated on her that evening. It was reported that he hated her new hard edge look.

To me she is copying Pink's look. To bad she felt she had to get rid of what worked for her and tried to reinvent herself. I do not understand why these Disney kids rebel so bad.

She is a hot mess and just one more in a long line of "I have to prove how bad/cool/cutting edge I am by acting out like 14 y.o. whose parents went out of town and left the liquor cabinet unlocked. The whole journey is soooooooo predictable.

She will be buck nekkid in a magazine or online by age 25, tops. And will be under the mistaken impression that she's the first one to have ever wowed the world with her "assets."

She is a hot mess

:thumbsup2

I feel badly for her. She seems so unhappy. She should've gone to college or art school or whatever, and done her rebelling in a regular kid way. She's just gone overboard and she has no one to tell her to knock it off.

I've seen this show before. Last time it was called Brittany Spears.

I like the haircut. But twerking is way tooooo much for me.

Ana

twerking :lmao:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her hair. It takes balls to pull something like that off and I envy the women (Amber Rose comes to mind) who can rock a short hairstyle!

And, I kinda actually like the song, but, I don't really care for the video. I wish celebrities would realize the impact they have on the youth of today, especially someone who use to be so huge in the hearts of young women everywhere. If this is the real Miley, then I'm happy that she can express her artistic freedom, BUT, I don't think this is the real her. It seems like she's trying WAY to hard. But, that's just my 2 cents!

My daughter was just listening to the new Miley Cyrus song. She certainly has changed quite a bit since her Hannah Montana days. I really like the new song, but I absolutely hate the video.

What do you all think about her new look and style? I haven't seen or heard about her in a long time. I'm sure I must be living under a rock. ;)

Just thought I'd post.
Here is a link to her new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUvu1mlWco

Love the hair too, I have to say!!!!

Personally for me, I don't really notice too much of a difference but then again I never "bought" the Hannah Montana image that they tried to portray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter