The new Pixar Place Hotel worth a look

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
We just stayed here for runDisney and wow were we impressed. The pictures do not do it justice with the renovations. The Pixar art every where is gorgeous with soo much detail. They even have characters on the floors! They just added in the hanging Pixar glass art in the lobby.
419441371_10162400273758968_626972886558014355_n.jpg
The CMs were soo friendly and nice. They were the nicest CMs we encountered in all of Disneyland to be honest. (Some CMs were not as kind, they were kinda of rude and grumpy to us rundisney peeps) Always some one around to help in the hotel. They even found us a microwave. The great maple was a great addition. Food is great and staff there was so nice too. The cafe opened up and we had the quickest coffee line!
419430036_10162400273193968_5391378283189273489_n.jpg
419429039_10162400272788968_2051513476925599629_n.jpg

The pool looks so fancy now with really high end furniture. I did the hot tub.
We did not stay in a renovated room yet but our hallway was renovated and each hallway had its own theme. Our was Carsland, here is the pic we saw when we got out of the elevator every day. Also they did have some renovated rooms available already too.
419422150_10162400430248968_6090707877343136004_n.jpg
Again I love all the extra pictures touches every where.

Can we talk about the hotels own private gate to DCA?! It is like a secrets entrance... never crowded... we were able to get so many rides done before anyone even made to Pixar Pier... And to get to Disneyland we just cut through Grand CA which was easy too.
I am super excited to see what the finish product looks. Depending on price I think I would book this over Disneyland Hotel. I really think people should give this hotel a chance and come check it out.

Last edited:
We just stayed here for runDisney and wow were we impressed. The pictures do not do it justice with the renovations. The Pixar art every where is gorgeous with soo much detail. They even have characters on the floors! They just added in the hanging Pixar glass art in the lobby.
View attachment 826613
The CMs were soo friendly and nice. They were the nicest CMs we encountered in all of Disneyland to be honest. (Some CMs were not as kind of rude and grumpy to us rundisney peeps) Always some one around to help in the hotel. They even found us a microwave. The great maple was a great addition. Food is great and staff there was so nice too. The cafe opened up and we had the quickest coffee line!
View attachment 826611
View attachment 826612

We did not stay in a renovated room yet but our hallway was renovated and each hallway had its own theme. Our was Carsland, here is the pic we saw when we got out of the elevator every day. Also they did have some renovated rooms available already too.
View attachment 826610

Can we talk about the hotels own private gate to DCA?! It is like a secrets entrance... never crowded... we were able to get so many rides done before anyone even made to Pixar Pier... And to get to Disneyland we just cut through Grand CA which was easy too.
I am super excited to see what the finish product looks. Depending on price I think I would book this over Disneyland Hotel. I really think people should give this hotel a chance and come check it out.
Thanks for the review! We plan on staying here on our next, next trip. Can't wait to see the renovated rooms!

View attachment 826613
The CMs were soo friendly and nice. They were the nicest CMs we encountered in all of Disneyland to be honest. (Some CMs were not as kind, they were kinda of rude and grumpy to us rundisney peeps) Always some one around to help in the hotel. They even found us a microwave. The great maple was a great addition. Food is great and staff there was so nice too. The cafe opened up and we had the quickest coffee line!
View attachment 826611
View attachment 826612

View attachment 826610

Thanks so much for the pictures and reviews...we are staying there from Apr. 6 to 11th and really hoping to get a renovated room!

Its cute.....it's just....look at the Toyko "cheaper" hotels and it's just hard to now just want more from the Disneyland resort hotels

In a Vacuum it's cute but also 500+ bucks a night and the Toy Story hotel in Japan...is half that most the year and looks like it has more theming

I will agree that the lobby looked great and overall my stay was just fine, but the whole renovated room process was a tad ridiculous and it kind of tainted my entire stay. For context, I reserved a room for the runDisney race weekend early last year. It had been announced that the hotel was being converted to Pixar Place and I had my TA put in a request from the get-go for a renovated room if any were available. The CM noted the request and gave the obligatory response that no room is guaranteed but they would do what they could. Fast forward to me checking in last week. I asked about my room request and if they had any renovated rooms available and the CM told me that nobody is even ALLOWED to request new rooms. I told her that my TA had put in a request and was told they would try but this CM told me that nobody at DLR would have ever said that to my TA. So I asked if any renovated rooms were available and she said yes. I said, "great, can I be placed in one" and she emphatically told me no. When I asked why not, she said that they had already been preassigned to other guests. Just for clarity, I asked whether any of these guests had requested these rooms and/or if they had already checked in. She told me that none of them had requested a new room and that some of them had not even checked in yet.

Real quote from the conversation:
Me - So, there are new rooms available with nobody in them?
CM - Yes
Me - Great, can I get one?
CM - No
Me - Why not?
CM - Because it's random and they have been preassigned to other guests
Me - Can you change my assignment?
CM - No
Me - Why not?
CM - Because we just can't.

When I left the resort (my crappy old room wasn't ready yet), I got a different CM on the phone and she said that I booked so long ago that I should have expected an old room. Nobody could give me a good reason why I couldn't be placed in a new room when they were empty and available except that I just got super unlucky. My TA even called in and got the same run-around.

I would have understood if all of the new rooms were gone and I would not have been upset, but I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel where there were open rooms in my category and the staff wouldn't place me in one for absolutely no reason other than I got unlucky when they randomly assigned me to a room. It tainted my entire stay and I avoided the front desk and spent as little time in the hotel as possible after that.

I realize I probably sound like a ridiculous Karen after all of that. I am not ever one to be rude to a CM or have unreasonable expectations, but the entire check-in process and the lack of explanation I got from everyone involved just left a bad taste in my mouth. The room I got was severely dated, half of the outlets didn't work, the TV was super old and crappy with a remote that only worked intermittently, and I should have just spent $500/night somewhere way nicer. End of rant. 🤣

I will agree that the lobby looked great and overall my stay was just fine, but the whole renovated room process was a tad ridiculous and it kind of tainted my entire stay. For context, I reserved a room for the runDisney race weekend early last year. It had been announced that the hotel was being converted to Pixar Place and I had my TA put in a request from the get-go for a renovated room if any were available. The CM noted the request and gave the obligatory response that no room is guaranteed but they would do what they could. Fast forward to me checking in last week. I asked about my room request and if they had any renovated rooms available and the CM told me that nobody is even ALLOWED to request new rooms. I told her that my TA had put in a request and was told they would try but this CM told me that nobody at DLR would have ever said that to my TA. So I asked if any renovated rooms were available and she said yes. I said, "great, can I be placed in one" and she emphatically told me no. When I asked why not, she said that they had already been preassigned to other guests. Just for clarity, I asked whether any of these guests had requested these rooms and/or if they had already checked in. She told me that none of them had requested a new room and that some of them had not even checked in yet.

CM - Yes
CM - No
Me - Why not?
CM - No
Me - Why not?

When I left the resort (my crappy old room wasn't ready yet), I got a different CM on the phone and she said that I booked so long ago that I should have expected an old room. Nobody could give me a good reason why I couldn't be placed in a new room when they were empty and available except that I just got super unlucky. My TA even called in and got the same run-around.

I would have understood if all of the new rooms were gone and I would not have been upset, but I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel where there were open rooms in my category and the staff wouldn't place me in one for absolutely no reason other than I got unlucky when they randomly assigned me to a room. It tainted my entire stay and I avoided the front desk and spent as little time in the hotel as possible after that.

I realize I probably sound like a ridiculous Karen after all of that. I am not ever one to be rude to a CM or have unreasonable expectations, but the entire check-in process and the lack of explanation I got from everyone involved just left a bad taste in my mouth. The room I got was severely dated, half of the outlets didn't work, the TV was super old and crappy with a remote that only worked intermittently, and I should have just spent $500/night somewhere way nicer. End of rant. 🤣
That sucks... by the time I came in they looked and said they were already booked with people in them... so they at least faked it with me. But they got me a microwave so that really helped me out the most :) So I could microwave the breakfast in the morning.

Its cute.....it's just....look at the Toyko "cheaper" hotels and it's just hard to now just want more from the Disneyland resort hotels

In a Vacuum it's cute but also 500+ bucks a night and the Toy Story hotel in Japan...is half that most the year and looks like it has more theming
I feel like it looks much better in person and less "cheaper" than the pictures give it justice. My price was $407 a night. Also comparing to Japan will always hurt... they are cheaper on everything compared to us tand have better version than everything than us. Esp toilets! At least that was the pattern I noticed when I watch Molly and Ordinary Adventures videos on when they went to Disneyland Japan. Everything was cheaper and better... like tickets $60 a day?!

CM - Yes
CM - No
Me - Why not?
CM - No
Me - Why not?

I feel like you have every right to be upset with that kind of customer service, that's absolutely awful.

If there is a good reason for not letting you have a renovated room, the CMs should either be able to tell you. If there isn't a good reason and it's random or they want to keep rooms open for media or something... they should have just told you they were full, (even if they aren't).

In my limited customer service experience, if management didn't give me a good reason a customer couldn't have something, it was always easier to just say "Sorry, it's not available right now". No ambiguity and we're both less frustrated with the interaction.

I feel like it looks much better in person and less "cheaper" than the pictures give it justice. My price was $407 a night. Also comparing to Japan will always hurt... they are cheaper on everything compared to us tand have better version than everything than us. Esp toilets! At least that was the pattern I noticed when I watch Molly and Ordinary Adventures videos on when they went to Disneyland Japan. Everything was cheaper and better... like tickets $60 a day?!
Sure but......Disney is charging double for less

It just hurts. I've been the the hotel a few weeks ago, Great Mapple is a great addition and I do like the theme but I just wish the rooms reflected the "value" they seem to be which is nice simple rooms and 400-600 bucks a night just...to me is insane for a place to sleep after going to the parks

This is why all the other cheaper hotels in the area exist. You are paying for the brand, not for quality.
Sure but......Disney is charging double for less

It just hurts. I've been the the hotel a few weeks ago, Great Mapple is a great addition and I do like the theme but I just wish the rooms reflected the "value" they seem to be which is nice simple rooms and 400-600 bucks a night just...to me is insane for a place to sleep after going to the parks

This is why all the other cheaper hotels in the area exist. You are paying for the brand, not for quality.
Some people are cool with that but as I pointed out this is not a luxury resort...so just think the prices should be lowered for what is offered

WDW even has hotels that aren't all 400+ bucks

Not really. If people are ok with paying big bucks for a moderate hotel then it's not Disney's fault for capitalizing on that. It's everyone's choice whether the hotels they offer are worth the cost to them.

Now, would I prefer it cost $200 a night? Hell yeah.
Some people are cool with that but as I pointed out this is not a luxury resort...so just think the prices should be lowered for what is offered

WDW even has hotels that aren't all 400+ bucks

Here is a few more pics took around the hotel.
Around the pool area...
20240114_173153.jpg
20240113_155037.jpg
20240113_155034.jpg
20240113_150357.jpg
20240113_150519.jpg
20240113_150217.jpg
This area just opened up in the pool area... the game area.
20240113_150211.jpg
Then another floor pic of a renovated hallway I think 9... u can see them still fixing up.
20240114_164038.jpg
The pic of down the hall on carsland level... of the renovated hallway.
20240112_155116.jpg
The special gate entrance... we had no one to wait on to get in every time we went through this gate.
20240113_075446.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the info. When our kids were little, this was our go to hotel. Looking forward to seeing it all freshened up! My 15 year old would die for the Carsland theme! We walked through the lobby and ate at great maple in November and couldn’t believe how different they made the lobby (mainly the check in area is now much larger). Looking forward to staying here in the future. Thanks for the photos!

Good to know it is looking better..! I left a scathing review of it in '21 on the guest survey cuz it was quite sad. We have it booked over the D23 expo for now as I was hopeful it would be in better shape with the refurb, and was $403 a night with the special rate. I imagine I won't see any pricing south of that again.

Good to know it is looking better..! I left a scathing review of it in '21 on the guest survey cuz it was quite sad. We have it booked over the D23 expo for now as I was hopeful it would be in better shape with the refurb, and was $403 a night with the special rate. I imagine I won't see any pricing south of that again.
I was wondering if the pricing would change. It was always tempting because it was less than the other resort hotels. Hopefully they won't be charging as much as DLH.

Agreed. At current prices we are pretty much priced out, unless we rent DVC. It's too much money to not put to something more permanent than a hotel room for a few nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter