• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Captain Cooks have Tonga Toast all day? We don't have time to do breakfast at the Kona Cafe but I still reallllly want to try this famous dish! Maybe as a late night snack? Let me know! Oh, and does it count as a snack credit or a CS meal credit? Thanks! We go in March in Concierge and I can't wait!

Captain Cooks only sells Tonga Toast during breakfast hours. And it counts as a CS instead of a snack credit. :thumbsup2

Loving this thread ... my first stay at the Poly begins in 55 days. :lovestruc

Aloha Terry!

Thanks so much for your awesome FAQ thread. We are staying at the Poly for the first time this August. I have been reading all about it on the boards and in books, but this FAQ is terrific!

A few questions:

1. Do all rooms have refrigerators or do you need to request them? (We are in a club level room)

2. Can you explain the balcony situation for rooms in the Hawaii building? I understand not all have balconies.

3. Not to sound like a water snob, but I noticed in your concierge pics that the lounge now only has large glass bottles of water. Is it always Evian??? DH *hates* Evian. Personally, if it is included in our cost, I don't care! :laughing:

Thanks for everything. I plan on reading this faithfully for the next 6 months!!! :worship:

Aloha Terry!

Thanks so much for your awesome FAQ thread. We are staying at the Poly for the first time this August. I have been reading all about it on the boards and in books, but this FAQ is terrific!

A few questions:

1. Do all rooms have refrigerators or do you need to request them? (We are in a club level room)

2. Can you explain the balcony situation for rooms in the Hawaii building? I understand not all have balconies.

3. Not to sound like a water snob, but I noticed in your concierge pics that the lounge now only has large glass bottles of water. Is it always Evian??? DH *hates* Evian. Personally, if it is included in our cost, I don't care! :laughing:

Thanks for everything. I plan on reading this faithfully for the next 6 months!!! :worship:

Aloha! :)

1. Yes, all rooms now have refridgerators in them. They're in the space below where the coffee maker sits, between the 2 closets. There's a cabinet you open, and there's the fridge :)

2. In the Hawaii building, the balconies are only on the third floor. Second floor has only a wooden railing when you open the sliding glass doors; you can not step outside at all. The first floor rooms have patios which are very popular with a lot of people because you can walk right out from your room to the grassy area and the beach.

3. I'm a water snob too, so I understand! LOL The only spring water in the lounge is in those large glass bottles of Evian. You can request a bottle for your room, if you want. They'll give you a new bottle to take with you. I'm not a fan of Evian either, but it seems to taste better when I'm drinking it at the Polynesian! :laughing:

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread! I'll be adding more info a little later today :)

Here is a list of scheduled activities; as always, these are subject to change, so be sure to check the schedule when you arrive at the resort!

The activities are listed by day of the week, the Hawaiian name of the week is in parenthesis! :)

SUNDAY (la'pule):
12pm - 2pm: Arts & Crafts in the Great Ceremonial House at Keiki Korner

MONDAY (po'akahi):
3pm: Pool games at the Nanea Volcano Pool
3:45pm: Yaka Dula Keiki Hula at the front of the lobby

TUESDAY (po'alua):
1pm: Plush demonstration
6pm: Torch Lighting Ceremony; outside at the Great Ceremonial House

WEDNESDAY (po'akolu):

THURSDAY (po'aha):
1pm: Plush demonstration

FRIDAY (po'alima):

SATURDAY (po'aono):
10am: Hula-Dancing: Join us in the Great Ceremonial House
11am - 1pm: Ho'olaulea (Open House) Held every third Saturday of the month

Wow-- what a great post! I am trying to decide between the GF & the Poly for our Jan 09 stay... this is such useful info! I've never been to WDW-- so I need all the help I can get!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

I went into vapor lock for a minute when I saw the old FAQ was locked. :lmao: But, when I saw that there was a new FAQ and that SeaSpray was the caretaker, I knew that it was in good hands. Thank you for taking on the task of showing off the Poly in all of it's glory. :goodvibes

Our trip is almost here!:cool1: :cool1:

I will take lotsa pictures (just got a new DSLR for Christmas and can't wait to try it out....nothing here to take pics of outside cold and dreary.)

I don't know what longhouse we'll be in.....left it up to chance. I made 2 requests balcony or patio and connecting rooms.

If there is something special anyone wants a pic of let me know and I'll try to get it.

:scared1: I'm not in panic mode.....yet. But feel it lurking, packing, tour plans, etc.:scared1:

I had posted this on the other thread & thought I would try here to see if I could get a little more input. We are staying at the POLY in Sept/Oct. We are thinking of requesting building Tokelau or Samoa 3rd floor, is this a good choice. I have also noticed that a lot of people have been upgraded when checked in. Those of you have been upgraded have you ever requested a building & still been upgraded. I don't want to shot myself in the foot if I could possibly get a free upgrade but I also want a view other than the parking lot. I am not expecting an upgraded I was just wondering. Any info that anyone could enlighten me with would great about the POLY. I am trying to get all the info that I can get.

Glad I found this thread.....we are staying at the Poly in Sept for the first time and I can't wait to read all of this great information!

I had posted this on the other thread & thought I would try here to see if I could get a little more input. We are staying at the POLY in Sept/Oct. We are thinking of requesting building Tokelau or Samoa 3rd floor, is this a good choice. I have also noticed that a lot of people have been upgraded when checked in. Those of you have been upgraded have you ever requested a building & still been upgraded. I don't want to shot myself in the foot if I could possibly get a free upgrade but I also want a view other than the parking lot. I am not expecting an upgraded I was just wondering. Any info that anyone could enlighten me with would great about the POLY. I am trying to get all the info that I can get.

Not too many really "bad" rooms anywhere at the Poly, imho.

I've always felt the more you request things, the more the likelihood that you won't get them. I booked Garden View and requested Tahiti last trip. I was told I was going to Tokelau, so I smiled, shrugged, and said I'm just happy to be here, period. Well, they put me in the one of the three MK view rooms in Tokelau. I think if I made an issue or pleaded, I would have gotten a lesser room. Just mho.

Not too many really "bad" rooms anywhere at the Poly, imho.

I've always felt the more you request things, the more the likelihood that you won't get them. I booked Garden View and requested Tahiti last trip. I was told I was going to Tokelau, so I smiled, shrugged, and said I'm just happy to be here, period. Well, they put me in the one of the three MK view rooms in Tokelau. I think if I made an issue or pleaded, I would have gotten a lesser room. Just mho.

I agree. :thumbsup2 Life usually has a way of working things out for those who let it. I did request a first floor room to make it easier for a member of our party who has had knee surgery on both knees (and to make it easier on us with the strollers). I was going to request Samoa, as well, but I decided to leave it up to chance. Now if I could just get done with all that pesky WAITING!! :rolleyes:

Seaspray, this is thread is amazing!! I'm sure it will help tons in planning our December stay at the Poly. We were going to stay at the WL, but when we found out we couldn't be at WDW Christmas Day, my DH said I could book a MK view room at the Poly. I can't wait!!

Subscribing. Just stayed there for my first trip this past January and was amazed at how beautiful it was. Everyone is extremely friendly and the food was to die for. 15 of us did the land/sea and when we got to the sea part our server gave our kids those light up things for the drinks.

Seaspray thanks for all the pics it just brings back all good memories!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter