The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from the Dolphin and everything was so wonderful. We loved this resort so much. It was much better than expected and the weather was great. The location of the Swan and Dolphin is one of the best. We will be staying at the Dolphin again. Thank you everyone who gave me info on this :yay:wonderful resort.

I too am just back and really liked the Dolphin overall and would stay there again. However had a disappointment at check in. Had reserved a king bed room many months ago. Was told at check in we had a room with a lovely view of Epcot and a king bed... well we had a nice view but no king bed. I hauled all the way back to the desk (it was near midnight as our plane was delayed) and I was told no king bed rooms were available. There was some discussion about what had happened with the other receptionist and then I decided to walk away and accept what it was. I didn't want this to ruin my trip but it was disappointing as this was our first ever trip without our kids and the king bed would have been nicer.

Our room was at the end of the hall, east wing and faced YC and part of the lake and full view of Spaceship Earth. The room was sort of L shaped and if you looked left you could see a bit of the infamous dumpster view but certainly not much and I just didn't look that way.

Only went to the pool one afternoon, it was very nice but crowded. We found chairs on the beach and enjoyed it very much.

Ate at Ill Mulino in Swan, very busy but were seated directly. Our service and food was very good but didn't really like the atmosphere, it was super noisy. Got grab and go from Picabu but ate else where for the other nights.

There was a wedding reception one evening and a convention rolled in half way through but that didn't bother us too much. It is a nice place and I would stay again. However would not do Easter week again, only went to see DS's marching band. It was such a crowded week!

Can you tell me if you had a 2 and a half bay hospitality suite? We currently have a reservation for that and I'm a little nervous about the suite and the murphy bed. I haven't seen other posts about the hospitality suites and it seems like an unknown.

In the description of the pools at the beginning of this thread is says the Grotto pool has a waterslide. I haven't been able to find photos anywhere of a waterslide at the Dolphin, so I just wanted to confirm that it does indeed have one, right? Also, does anyone have any photos or links to photos of what it looks like?

It does have a water slide! It is located to the right of the waterfall!

Walt-Disney-World-Dolphin-Lake-Buena-Vista-Shared-Swimming-Pool-with-Swan2.jpg

Yay!!! Just booked a FL Resident rate over Labor Day weekend! Perfect getaway for my son and I. August 31 - Sept 3!

This afternoon my daughter, my niece and I decided to book a last minute trip. We leave Friday for Universal at the Royal Pacific and then WDW at the Swan! Can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter