The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are checking out on Oct. 21 - you'll be fine. If you are checking out on the 22nd, you'll either find no availability for the last night, or very expensive availability for the last night. You can check prices now at www.swandolphin.com. If you want to stay one more night, I would arrive one day earlier - on the 17th. Flights will probably cost less on a Wednesday than a Thursday, too.

You are right--no availability at the Dolphin on the 22nd. I will have to have a chat with my sister, we are trying to work around her 17yr olds school schedule. Thanks for the help!:)

You are right--no availability at the Dolphin on the 22nd. I will have to have a chat with my sister, we are trying to work around her 17yr olds school schedule. Thanks for the help!:)

You're welcome, and good luck!

I just noticed your "west side of the mitten" location. I grew up in Kalamazoo. :)

Ugh. The dates we are looking at are Oct 18-21, maybe 22. Would you still book at the Swan or Dolphin, or somewhere else?

We'll be there Oct. 17th-21st - we don't have our resort yet but I did check S/D & it comes up $225/nt after taxes & fees. Waiting for the AP discounts to be released to decide where to stay. Maybe we'll see you there!

Are we still limited to 250 pages if so it looks like it's time to start a new thread!

Hi Mom Poppins! It's your baby - take it & run!!!!

I would love a new thread with any new info on the S/D.

from what I have read - the refillable mugs have a new pattern - no more pictures of the S/D, but now have the names of the restaurants on them with a cream background. A picture of the new mugs on the new S/D thread would be nice.

And the rooms have had a bit of an upgrade - with the new mini-real-refrigerators - instead of the old cooling box they had before. A picture of the new -mini-real-refrigerator would be a plus.

The new fill it up pantry menu is also good.

Please start a new S/D 2012 and beyond thread.

We are going to be at the Dolphin this summer, and if I can figure out how to post my digital camera pictures, I will do so when we return from the Dolphin. :)

Thank yoou so much!

Does it matter if the first nights are cash or first nights are points? Does it make a difference? With points you are stuck w standard room, right? So if you pay cash for balcony they will make you switch?

Also, does the Dolphin tend to book up Thanksgiving week? Thanks again!

If you have enough points for 5 nights on points but plan to stay 7 check the website for prices on the first 2 nights and then the last 2 nights. Do the paid rate on the less expensive nights and use your points for the more expensive nights. If there is no difference in the rate then it doesn't matter which nights you use the points on.

Points can be used for upgraded rooms too. It just cost more points for an upgraded rooms.

What I would do is get an idea of what dates I want to do at a paid rate and which nights to do on points and then call SPG about the upgraded room on points. They can book the paid room nights too and link it to the points reservation.

True if you booked a standard room for part of it and a balcony room for the rest you will probably have to switch rooms. You can do balcony rooms on points so I would just book the same room type for the whole thing.

Thank you! :)

Thanks! I appreciate the picture. I think I will not pack shampoo/conditioner.

I think I remember the other thing I wanted to ask... I tried to do a search on it but do the fridges have tiny freezer compartments?

Also, can you take the towels you use at the pool up to your room so you don't drip or do you leave them by the pool?

I am getting soooooo excited! :banana:

We've brought towels back to the room. Housekeeping just takes them away when they tidy up.

How does the cancelation policy work when you book w spg points? Is the deposit still a cash deposit? Thanks!

I'm not 1000% sure but I don't think they charge a deposit on points. I'm not sure because even on the paid rate they said there would be a deposit and they never took it. I wanted to check their website but it seems to be down right now.

Thanks for all of the info on this thread! I've been WDW moderate resorts several times, but I just booked my first stay at the Dolphin for Food and Wine Classic! The info about the S/D resort and spg has been really helpful.
:thumbsup2

This thread is wonderful - thanks for all the useful info. I just booked our first stay at the Dolphin using the Allears code. I got a rate of $159 for Dec. 8. I only need one night after our cruise. From what I'm reading this sounds like a pretty good rate. The only thing I'm going to miss is the Resort Airline Check-in. I'm thinking of using Florida Tours to get us from MCO to Port to Dolphin to MCO so we won't need a car rental. Has anyone done this?

I just looked for additional rooms around the 4th of July and the Dolphin is booked solid!

HI there,

I am on a budget so I wasn't planning on dining at one of the nice restaurants at S/D because I looked at the online menu and was like :scared1: But I am getting a $50 credit to use at the hotel through AAA deal. Which restaurant would you recommend and why. I love both steak and Italian food, so I am having hard time...or do you think it would be wiser spent on a few small meals at one of the counter service places?

If you love steak, Shula's is very similiar to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Pricey, but delicious. If you like good Italian food, Il Mulino was terrific. (I'm an Italian food snob :goodvibes and we LOVED this restaurant! :love:)

We are leaving Saturday for the Dolphin. When you were talking about the shampoo I was wondering if anyone knew if they leave it at the Dolphin as well??? Does anyone know if they have blow dyers in the room??? If they do leave shampoo will they leave extra for 4 people????:thumbsup2

Housekeeping is very accomodating with requests for extra supplies, cleaning the room early, etc. Just ask. :thumbsup2

I'm not a fan of the Shine by Bliss products at all. I have thick, curly hair & neither the shampoo or consitioner work for me. I take my own. I'm actually using the Mandarin Mint lotion right now that I brought back with me from last week. I miss the old Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena that they used to provide!

I miss BBW Coconut Lime Verbena, too! :hippie:

Can't believe we are ready for ANOTHER new thread!! Good job, friends!:wizard:

Does picabu or the fountain give 20% AAA discount?

YES - any S/D restaurant give the 20% off with AAA...
GARDEN GROVE in the Swan
FRESH in the Dolphin
MEDITERRANEAN MARKET in the Dolphin
THE FOUNTAIN in the Dolphin
CABANA BAR AND BEACH CLUB at the Grotto pool
SPLASH TERRACE & GRILL at the rectangular pool by the Swan
PICABU 24/7 in the Dolphin
JAVA BAR in the Swan
:confused3LOBBY LOUNGE in the Dolphin <- not sure about the discount on alcohol

Come on over and join us on the new thread this one will close soon! Please let me know if you see anything that needs to updated. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44500917#post44500917
Thanks much Robin. :cool1:

YES - any S/D restaurant give the 20% off with AAA...
GARDEN GROVE in the Swan
FRESH in the Dolphin
MEDITERRANEAN MARKET in the Dolphin
THE FOUNTAIN in the Dolphin
CABANA BAR AND BEACH CLUB at the Grotto pool
SPLASH TERRACE & GRILL at the rectangular pool by the Swan
PICABU 24/7 in the Dolphin
JAVA BAR in the Swan
:confused3LOBBY LOUNGE in the Dolphin <- not sure about the discount on alcohol

Just for clarity, non signature restaurants only.

I have never been able to get them to give me the AAA at Java. :confused3

According to the concierge at the Swan, you can also get 10% off at Il Mulino with AAA and 20% off at Blue Zoo if you book your reservation through AAA. We didn't attempt on our trip, but thought I would mention it. There were a lot of times people did look confused when we asked for the discount (like at Picabu and the lap pool by the Swan), but overall, we did save a few bucks.

Our trip was amazing, I miss not hearing the friendship boat horns at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter