• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
timandlesley said:
OK.....Here they are!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy!!!!!

Off to bed....we have to rise early to battle the Tropical Storm.....WHY ME!! :-(

DisneyDay1atMGM013.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM016.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM024.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM040.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM044.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM045copy.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM046.jpg

Great pics! Thank you for taking the time to share them!!

Beautiful room! :Pinkbounc

Hi.

We are going for Christmas this year. I requested a room overlooking the Otter Pond, hopefully to get a view of the castle. Do you think that is enough of a request for should I change my room request to something different?

Thanks!

The fridges in the new rooms are right when you walk in to the right with the two drawers and small counterspace for cups , it is under there kind of hidden in a cupboard on the floor. Very nice.

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics

Lesley

Jessd said:
Hi.

We are going for Christmas this year. I requested a room overlooking the Otter Pond, hopefully to get a view of the castle. Do you think that is enough of a request for should I change my room request to something different?

Thanks!

As long as you booked a "Woods View", that request should do it :)

Just a couple of questions for you, out of pure curiousity....

How much is it to upgrade to CL?
What are the benefits? Food/Snacks/Drinks, easier check-in, help with ADRs, what else?
Ease of upgrading to CL at check-in? (I'm sure this depends on the crowds)
We'll be there during free dining and I'm just wondering how worth it an upgrade would be. Maybe another visit...

Also, does anyone know how much laundry service costs at WL? (Don't know why but DH keeps asking me this :) ) I've done HOURS of research on everything from touring plans to dining to down time, and what does he keep asking me about....laundry service. :confused3 Funny man.

ekball said:

What are the benefits? Food/Snacks/Drinks, easier check-in, help with ADRs, what else?
We'll be there during free dining and I'm just wondering how worth it an upgrade would be. Maybe another visit...

Also, does anyone know how much laundry service costs at WL? (Don't know why but DH keeps asking me this :) ) I've done HOURS of research on everything from touring plans to dining to down time, and what does he keep asking me about....laundry service. :confused3 Funny man.

I can't answer the CL questions (but am curious about the answers).
As for the laundry it is 2.00 per load. For us it cost a total of 6.00 for a load because we had to run the dryer twice to get it completely dry. Was nice to have it so close to the room though and get some laundry done since we were there for 9 days and going through laundry more than I had thought we would : )
Lesley

LisaRN said:
As long as you booked a "Woods View", that request should do it :)

Thank you! We do have a woods view and I already have my request in for the Otter Pond. I guess we are set!

ekball said:
We'll be there during free dining and I'm just wondering how worth it an upgrade would be.
Also, does anyone know how much laundry service costs at WL? (Don't know why but DH keeps asking me this. I've done HOURS of research on everything from touring plans to dining to down time, and what does he keep asking me about....laundry service.
Ekball
The cost to upgrade @ check-in would be the difference between what you paid for the room you reserved and the rate of a Concierge room rate. Gone are the days of waiting until check-in and paying $50.00/$60.00 to upgrade. Your right availability during your stay and the cost are the only things I can think of that would prevent you from getting a upgrade.

As you are going to be visiting during Free Dining I wouldn't think that staying CL for the snacks would be worth the extra charge.

Now I'm not sure about the laundry service question...The following is a list with the cost for Valet Laundry Service...if thats what your husband wants.
Dry Cleaning
Suits.................$11.50
3 PC Suits..........$12.00
Coats.................$8.00
Pants.................$6.50
Jackets..............$7.50
Overcoats..........$12.50
Shirts.................$6.50
Sweaters............$7.50
Ties...................$3.50
Blouses...............$6.25
Dresses...............$7.50
Gown/Jumpsuits....$20.00+
Skirts..................$6.50

Laundry
Pants......................$6.50
Socks......................$2.00
Undershorts/Panties...$2.00
T-shirts...................$4.50
Sweatsuit................$7.50
Pajamas...................$6.00
Undershirts& Bras.......$2.00
Handkerchiefs............$2.00
Blouses.....................$5.50
Slips.........................$4.50
Nightgowns................$6.00
Tennis Shorts.............$5.00
Knit Shirt...................$5.00

Is this what he wanted
Beckie

Beckie,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I don't know if that's what Dhubby was looking for, but it should do the trick. I kept talking about doing a load of laundry mid-week (we'll have a 14 month old and an almost 3yo, so I KNOW we'll have to do at least one load that week....there's just no getting around it), and he was saying "we'll just have them do it"....thinking it would be like $15 or so for a load. But by the look of your pricing info (i.e. $2 for socks and undies ;) ), I'll be hitting the laundry room on a pool day. Not a problem for me :thumbsup2

Thanks again for the reply.

ekball said:
I don't know if that's what Dhubby was looking for, but it should do the trick. But by the look of your of your pricing info (i.e. $2 for socks and undies ;) ), I'll be hitting the laundry room on a pool day. Not a problem for me

:laundy: I should start charging those prices when I do laundry while we're on vacation.

Beckie
:wave:

Can anyone help me with this question :confused3 ?? Anyone, please? ;) I want to book it tonight! Thanks, here's the question again!
Hey all...I am going to be booking a room at the WL for December ( my boyfriend and I are celebrating 4 years together ) and was wondering if anybody could help me out. We are looking for a courtyard room with 1 king bed that either has a view of MK/fireworks (preferred) or a view of Bay Lake. A higher room number would be great too. What should I request when I make my ressie so I can have the best chance of getting these specifics? I don't know the "terminology" to use to better my chances ! Thanks SO much in advance!

theres a WL room map thing in the thread i dont remember where. I read all 200 pages this week for our august trip there.

I was hoping to get some person to person advice on this thread, but I guess no one is willing to give it. And here I was thinking that was the whole point of having discussion boards like this. I guess I will just figure it out myself.....thanks a bunch fellow DISers

im sorry i dont know the answer as i have only 1 prior visit to the WL
i am sure you could book tonight then add your requests when more the regulars have time to answer

Ltl Mermaid said:
Can anyone help me with this question :confused3 ?? Anyone, please? ;) I want to book it tonight! Thanks, here's the question again!
Hey all...I am going to be booking a room at the WL for December ( my boyfriend and I are celebrating 4 years together ) and was wondering if anybody could help me out. We are looking for a courtyard room with 1 king bed that either has a view of MK/fireworks (preferred) or a view of Bay Lake. A higher room number would be great too. What should I request when I make my ressie so I can have the best chance of getting these specifics? I don't know the "terminology" to use to better my chances ! Thanks SO much in advance!

I've not stayed at the WL ...yet. But thought I could at least give you a start with your selection choices. Go to this website. There are several iamges that specify room numbers....

http://community.webshots.com/album/92055292CMxMOV

Just give them your room requests when you make your reservation (ie: Courtyard/King/view of MK or Bay Lake/high floor) Keep in mind, the more requests you make the harder it is to get what you want. Keep it simple. Good luck to you!

Ltl Mermaid said:
I was hoping to get some person to person advice on this thread, but I guess no one is willing to give it. And here I was thinking that was the whole point of having discussion boards like this. I guess I will just figure it out myself.....thanks a bunch fellow DISers

A little rude and uncalled for. . .. if we had the answer we would gladly give it. If you give it a bit of time others who know may be able to post the answer for you, but with that tone others may not be to inclined to help. We are all here to help eachother and share in our experiences with this wonderful resort, we would never leave anyone out intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter