The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! We arrived today- SO EXCITED. We got the BEST room, and YES it is rennovated and YES it has bunkbeds. I took pic's and will post as soon as I can figure out how to, my hubby will help me with that.
We are on the 4th floor, have a MK view by Otter pond and have a bunk bed newly rennovated room. All I can say is WOW! I am so excited right now, let the vacation begin. These rooms are gorgous, absolutely beautiful, LOVE them. Of course my husbands favorite thing is the new plasma t.v, it is very cool. The bunkbeds are great. Love the new beds, no more bruising our shins on bedposts, they don't stick out anymore. Very comfy, great bedspreads with hidden mickey's, the furniture is just incredible.
Hit MGM today, nice Star Wars weekend events. Got a ton of activities in before the downpour. Couldn't use our fastpass on Rockin' Roller Coaster because they shut it down for "routine maitenance" as I as in line, BUMMER.
The big storm is supposed to hit tonight and they are saying rain all day tomorrow, oh well at least we have this GORGOUS room!!!!! It feels good to be HOME!

timandlesley said:
Hello! We arrived today- SO EXCITED. We got the BEST room, and YES it is rennovated and YES it has bunkbeds. I took pic's and will post as soon as I can figure out how to, my hubby will help me with that.
We are on the 4th floor, have a MK view by Otter pond and have a bunk bed newly rennovated room. All I can say is WOW! I am so excited right now, let the vacation begin. These rooms are gorgous, absolutely beautiful, LOVE them. Of course my husbands favorite thing is the new plasma t.v, it is very cool. The bunkbeds are great. Love the new beds, no more bruising our shins on bedposts, they don't stick out anymore. Very comfy, great bedspreads with hidden mickey's, the furniture is just incredible.
Hit MGM today, nice Star Wars weekend events. Got a ton of activities in before the downpour. Couldn't use our fastpass on Rockin' Roller Coaster because they shut it down for "routine maitenance" as I as in line, BUMMER.
The big storm is supposed to hit tonight and they are saying rain all day tomorrow, oh well at least we have this GORGOUS room!!!!! It feels good to be HOME!

Hello! :wave: Glad you are having a great time so far. We returned from our vacation last week and miss it already. We had a renovated room above yours on the 6th floor, room 6026, 2 Q beds. The view of the fireworks from up there was incredible!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Glad to hear you're having fun. We're going in Aug. and hope to have a renovated bunkbed room so I'm dying to see the pictures. Can't wait till Aug. Tell Mickey I"ll be there soon.

Let me first just say that this thread is awesome!!! I loved WL when we stayed there, but reading this thread has made me even more excited! In fact, I just booked our next stay - I was able to talk my DH into spending this Christmas at WL!! I am so excited, and our girls are going to flip out!! And I'm happy because I don't have to deal with any of the usual drama surrounding Christmas.

This will be the 2nd time we are staying at WL; the last time we stayed there we were given points by friends who are DVC members and stayed at the villas. We are staying at the lodge this time, so it is almost like we are newbies. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect when staying there ON Christmas Day? How crowded is it really? We want to bring some presents for our girls to open Christmas Morning, plus pick up some new things from the Mercantile. Are there any special activities on Christmas Day, either at the resort or in the parks? We have booked a woods view room over the WDW website, but because our youngest doesn't always make it very late in the night, we would love to be able to see the fireworks from our room (just in case of a 5 year old melt-down!). Do we ask for the view when we check in, or should I call Disney Reservations now and put my request in? Since this will be their Christmas present, is there anything else I can plan for to make this trip really special for my girls?

Thanks for your input, and I'm so excited about this trip I'm sure I'm driving my DH crazy because it is all I can talk about!!! Thanks for being here so I can get my WL "fix" :cloud9:

Cupmom said:
Glad to hear you're having fun. We're going in Aug. and hope to have a renovated bunkbed room so I'm dying to see the pictures. Can't wait till Aug. Tell Mickey I"ll be there soon.

My husband searched the Disboards for awhile and couldn't find directions for posting pic's, can anyone post some simple directions for us and we'll post those pic's tonight after we get back from Epcot. Alfredo's here I come!

brooke1 said:
Hello all.......

What is the address, want to mapquest so i can get directions...

thanks
Brooke :sunny:

Hi,

Got this from the back of my confirmation.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

timandlesley said:
My husband searched the Disboards for awhile and couldn't find directions for posting pic's, can anyone post some simple directions for us and we'll post those pic's tonight after we get back from Epcot. Alfredo's here I come!

Will this help:

You post a picture just like you do clipart. The short version is:

Now for the longer version.

The picture must be stored on the internet first. You don't have to design a website, just upload your photo to a site. We have a free photo storage site right here on the DIS.

The DIS Photo Gallery

You'll log in there using the same name and password you use on the DIS. After you log in, click on the upload photos button and follow the instructions.

After you've uploaded your photo, click on your photo so that it opens in a new window. Right click on the photo, click on properties, then highlight and copy the URL. It should look something like this:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/da...worksCastle.jpg

Go to your user cp > edit profile> scroll down to the signature box, and then paste the URL where you would like it to appear in your signature. Be sure to type
after the URL. There can be no spaces, carriage returns or extra characters in there.

Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on submit modifications. If this is your first time to have a signature, you will need to click the Show Signature box and the bottom of the posting window next time you make a post.

As long as were talking about signatures, please make sure your signature complies with the DIS Signature Guidellines.

If you need any assistance posting photos or complying with the guidelines, please ask on the Tech Support Board. We can usually reduce the size of photos to meet the guidelines.

timandlesley said:

Ooh..how exciting..now don't forget..pictures! pictures! pictures! Especially since I haven't seen one of a bunk bed room yet..so anxious. If you get a chance..in the Mercantile..I was told that they no longer have the WL nylon hunter green jackets..but ones that say "WDW" on them..nylon and blue and green..tell me if you see them, are they nice??? I am thinking of ordering them from WDW merchandise. HAVE FUN!!

ktnlxismom..I would put your room requests in with your reservation now :) I've never been over Christmas Day itself ( I like the drama of family..and don't do well with WDW crowds :crazy: ) but it is SO beautiful there at Christmas time.. you'll love it!!! :goodvibes

gymborocks... if you want, with a wood and courtyard..I would try and get the rooms across the hall from each other :) that way you'll be close together and not seperate floors, or seperate wings.

I know some of you are looking for views for the rooms in the Club Level. These rooms are both queen bed rooms. Now, I looked into room 7059 and that was bunkbed room (inner courtyard).

Here is the view from Club Level Room 7057 (Inner Courtyard):

494257057_View.jpg

Here is the view from Club Level Room 7056 (WoodsView):

494257056_View.jpg

For some reason, I could not post my pictures on the DIS album without creating a ZIP file. If found this to be easier:

http://www.photobucket.com/

Follow the directions to create your album.

Then "copy" the Image url and paste onto the reply screen of your post.

That should do it. :banana:

I hope it works cuz I'm at the tippy top of the list of those who would love to see the bunk bed rooms. Thank you soooo much! Hope you are having a wonderfully magic time! :love:

timandlesley said:

Do you mind telling what room number you have? Bunk beds with MK view near Otter Pond sounds like exactly what I want for our winter vacation!! Thanks!

Can someone help me understand how valet parking works. I have only used the valet for short periods of time before, never at a hotel for days at a time. We are staying at WL for six nights, and will have a car. I understand that I have the option of self parking or using the valet. I also read somewhere that the valet costs $7 a day. Does this mean that if we valet on our arrival day and leave our car there the whole trip we will be charged for $7 for 6 nights until we check out and move our car. If we take our car out mid-trip, do we pay $7 every time we use it, even if it could be 3-4 times a day (so it would be $21-$28 a day). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Valet parking is a wonderful thing at the Disneyworld!! We valet parked our car for 11 nights thinking it would be $77. They only charge you when you take it out, which we did 5 times, so we were charged $35. We tipped $2 each time we returned with the car. Once you pay at one resort, you don't pay again!! So we valet parked at BC, Poly, GF, and AKL at no additional charge. It was such a nice vacation perk to just drive up and leave your car. The self park at WL is nearby, but it always seemed pretty full, which was another great thing about the valet. Good luck!! WL was perfect!!

OK.....Here they are!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy!!!!!

Off to bed....we have to rise early to battle the Tropical Storm.....WHY ME!! :-(

DisneyDay1atMGM013.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM016.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM024.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM040.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM044.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM045copy.jpg

DisneyDay1atMGM046.jpg

THANK YOU! :cool1: The walls look much lighter than I imagined and the blue does not seem as bad. Definitely seems like there is more room. The bunk beds look the same. I don't think they changed these.?.?.?

Hope the storm is not too bad.!

Thanks again! :love:

Good morning WL lovers! :goodvibes How about we start today by being the "Flag Family" and raising the flag :sunny:

47b6d833b3127cce8a0f0517290800000015108Bcs2bhq5bk

LoveMyBoys said:
Can someone help me understand how valet parking works. I have only used the valet for short periods of time before, never at a hotel for days at a time. We are staying at WL for six nights, and will have a car. I understand that I have the option of self parking or using the valet. I also read somewhere that the valet costs $7 a day. Does this mean that if we valet on our arrival day and leave our car there the whole trip we will be charged for $7 for 6 nights until we check out and move our car. If we take our car out mid-trip, do we pay $7 every time we use it, even if it could be 3-4 times a day (so it would be $21-$28 a day). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We actually always have a car..either driving it or renting..and always self-park. It's a short walk to self parking..and we've never had a problem getting a spot..though we do go at the "low-medium" attendance times of the year.

timandlesley.. THANK YOU so very much for getting those photos up! and here's hoping that the :sunny: comes out soon for you!

Thanks lovevacations and Lisa for explaining the valet parking to me. One more question. I read about being "flag family", and I know that the CMs pick a different family every day, but could someone tell me what time they raise the flag in the morning , does it depend on the time of year? We will be there 12/9 - 12/15. Thanks everyone.

LoveMyBoys said:
Thanks lovevacations and Lisa for explaining the valet parking to me. One more question. I read about being "flag family", and I know that the CMs pick a different family every day, but could someone tell me what time they raise the flag in the morning , does it depend on the time of year? We will be there 12/9 - 12/15. Thanks everyone.

Our family has done it twice..I want to say it was around 8:00 am that we did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter