The NH Trio: Summer Vacation at The Beach Club

NHKristy76

Senior Mousketeer
Hi everyone!

Although this will be my 14th trip to WDW, this is my very first PTR. I've never really thought to write up a report about the planning but am thinking that it just might help me deal with my excitement!

The NH Trio Cast

Me - Kristy, 36 year old wife and mother and absolute Disney crazed nut. Before now I have never considered a summer trip to WDW because I hate the heat.

DH - Eric, 37 year old husband and father who is less than excited for this summer trip. He's tried to get out of it but decided he did not want me and DD to go without him. So, he's coming and we all hope that he will find a way to have a great time.

DD - Allison, 9 year old only child who is over the moon about another trip to WDW. She is helping us save for the trip by questioning every single purchase. At least four or five times a week I hear, "Do we really need that or can we use something we already have and put the money towards Disney?"

Details

As I said, I had never even considered a summer trip to WDW. While in The World in December (our most favorite time of year to visit!), we received a bounce back offer and realized that the crowds were uber low in late August. So, I booked 5 nights at The Beach Club and began planning! After changing our dates a bit because of Allison's school schedule, we finalized our plans to stay from August 23rd thru August 28th.

Our plan for this trip, at least as I see it from NH, is to spend a boatload of time at SAB. I plan to go to the parks early in the am, return to the hotel by noon, spend the day frolicking in the pool and napping in the A/C, and then hitting the parks again at sunset. My DD and I could have probably gone down and only toured resorts, but we will definitely be doing as much as we can during the "cooler" time of day.

We purchased AP tickets to activate during this trip because we will be back in late January for a multi family trip. Of course, now that I have the AP in my posession, I'm scheming to find a way for us to get down there for Halloween and Christmas. (I think I need an intervention!)

This will be the first trip without the dining plan for us in years. I'm a bit nervous about it but decided that we wanted to try to just wing it. In December we had upgraded from the free dining to the deluxe dining and I still feel full. And I remember being so annoyed that I had to run from restaurant to restaurant and miss out on other things. I do have one ADR @ Yak & Yeti because that is our absolute favorite restaurant. :yay:

Just this week I got the cool idea to look into a Club Level room... I called WDW Travel and found out that I could book at CL room for just $200 more than my current room. So, I jumped at the chance to try this out! I'm new to CL and not quite sure about the benefits, other than the food. But, speaking of the food, I'm grateful for the breakfast offerings as that is going to save us a bit. I'm thinking that over the course of the 6 days we are likely to get our money's worth via breakfast and drinks. :woohoo:

I think that's it so far... I welcome any and all advice from those of you who have either stayed at the Beach Club or are experienced summer travelers. We are now less than a month from our summer vacation and I'm over the moon excited. I honestly look like this :goodvibes all day every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter