• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Not So Fab Four on the Disney Fantasy...Complete

You have a beautiful family! I really enjoyed your trip report and pics. I do have one question.... Did your girls complain of their hair braiding hurting? I would love to have our 9 yr old's hair braided, but I'm afraid it's going to hurt. Also, where did you have it done?

Hi and thank you so much!:flower:They offer hair braiding on the ship right by the pool. The cost is $2 per braid. My daughters said it hurt a little bit but they love the end product so it was worth it. And the ladies braid SO fast - honestly they did each braid in less than a minute! They do offer to put beads in their hair as well. The beads look really pretty but when my daughter had them on our previous cruise they hurt her really bad when she slept and we ended up taking them out. With that in mind, we just did the braids this time and they lasted about 7-10 days. I think your daughter will really enjoy having them :-)

Hi and thank you so much!:flower:They offer hair braiding on the ship right by the pool. The cost is $2 per braid. My daughters said it hurt a little bit but they love the end product so it was worth it. And the ladies braid SO fast - honestly they did each braid in less than a minute! They do offer to put beads in their hair as well. The beads look really pretty but when my daughter had them on our previous cruise they hurt her really bad when she slept and we ended up taking them out. With that in mind, we just did the braids this time and they lasted about 7-10 days. I think your daughter will really enjoy having them :-)
Great!! Thanks for the info!! :D

You mentioned the girls got their hair braided on the ship. Will they do adults also? Did you make appt. right away when you got on the ship? Great pics!

You mentioned the girls got their hair braided on the ship. Will they do adults also? Did you make appt. right away when you got on the ship? Great pics!

Hi! Yes, they will absolutely do adults. :-) I made an appointment the day before we got it done - I think we were 5 days into our cruise and got the hair braided on the 6th. My daughter purposely waited towards the end of the cruise because she wanted to show it to all of her friends when we got home. If the braiders weren't busy they would take walk ups as well. I don't think you'll have a problem getting it done. Have a great time on your cruise!!!

Hi! Thanks for following along. We are HUGE Cubs fans (Go Cubs Go) at our house and these shirts combined two of our favorite things - Disney and the Cubs! I ordered them few months ago at www.exitees.com. I just went to their website and it looks like they are still available. Happy Shopping:)
:yay::yay::yay::yay:CHICAGO CUBS WORLD SERIES 2016 CHAMPS:yay::yay::yay::yay:
It happened.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:CHICAGO CUBS WORLD SERIES 2016 CHAMPS:yay::yay::yay::yay:
It happened.

Aww....thank you so much for remembering me!! It is so nice to have a Disney friend that is a CUBS fan!!

What a nail bitter last night!! I think I have a few new gray hairs...LOL!! I could not be more happy for our WORLD CHAMPIONS! Go Cubs Go!!!

Just found this TR. what a great one. You have amazing outfits for the girls! Spectacular. And I loved that the Cubs won during the TR! Fun end to everything!

Just found this TR. what a great one. You have amazing outfits for the girls! Spectacular. And I loved that the Cubs won during the TR! Fun end to everything!
You just made me smile!:) Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your kind words. And we are beyond proud of our Cubbies...Go Cubs Go! You are right - it was a perfect ending!!

I just found this report and I love it! I'm trying to talk my husband into letting our little family take a cruise!

I just found this report and I love it! I'm trying to talk my husband into letting our little family take a cruise!

Aww...thanks so much!! If there is anything I can do to help you convince him, let me know!! It's seriously the BEST vacation ever!!:earboy2:

Aww...thanks so much!! If there is anything I can do to help you convince him, let me know!! It's seriously the BEST vacation ever!!:earboy2:
Thanks! I have already talked into one...but to figure out which to do. Haha

Loved reading this trip report! TY! We are going on our first cruise in May, on the Fantasy's EC itinerary. We are getting excited!! My kids will be 5 and 10 on our trip. Can't wait!!

Loved reading this trip report! TY! We are going on our first cruise in May, on the Fantasy's EC itinerary. We are getting excited!! My kids will be 5 and 10 on our trip. Can't wait!!

Thanks so much for reading my report! You are going to have the MOST amazing time!! I am so excited for you! You will be sailing away before you know it!!

Enjoyed reading your trip report. What a lovely family. We leave for our 5th DCL in March, and we'll take the eastern route as well. Thank you for posting about your trip and including the Navigators.

Enjoyed reading your trip report. What a lovely family. We leave for our 5th DCL in March, and we'll take the eastern route as well. Thank you for posting about your trip and including the Navigators.
Thank you SO much!! I truly appreciate your kind words. I'm a little jealous that you are going on a cruise next month...LOL! Have a magical time and please have a poolside drink of the day for me!! :-)

What an amazing vacation!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!! We are sailing the same itinerary on the Fantasy 10 days from now. SO excited!

I love to read reports where families realized how blessed they (and we) are to be able to take these amazing family vacations together! I don't ever want to take this for granted and it's even better when I read reports of others who feel the same way.

I hope all is well and you're looking forward to your next Disney cruise! Have you booked anything yet?

Aww...thank you SO much!! Blessed we are! It's hard to even put into words sometimes how truly thankful I am to have these opportunities with my family. We are waiting for the summer 2018 dates to be released - hopefully they'll be released soon.

I am so happy for you - next week you'll be on the Disney Fantasy!!! You must be Super Excited!!! Enjoy every single moment and dip your toes in the sand for me!:boat:

Last edited:
Great report! I love your door magnets! Did you make the name tags yourself or get a template? I want to make some custom name ones for our July cruise

Great report! I love your door magnets! Did you make the name tags yourself or get a template? I want to make some custom name ones for our July cruise

Hi and Thank you!:earboy2: Unfortunately, I am not that crafty.:guilty: I purchased the magnets on Etsy. It's so fun to decorate the doors...definitely adds to the fun of cruising! I bet you're getting excited - you're going to have such a great time!!

Hi and thank you so much!:flower:They offer hair braiding on the ship right by the pool. The cost is $2 per braid. My daughters said it hurt a little bit but they love the end product so it was worth it. And the ladies braid SO fast - honestly they did each braid in less than a minute!

Do they only do cornrows or will they do 2 French braids? I don't think my hair is going to like the humidity...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter