The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

subscribing!
Doing PHM in Feb to start what looks like may become my newest addiction rD:banana:

Thanks for all the race reports and run guidance.....
Can't wait to meet new friends:)

HI all!! I have been skimming through this thread, so I may have missed this, but I'm thinking about running this race this fall and I had a few questions.

Is it normally held this similar weekend? Is it safe to assume the 2014 dates will be November 7-9? When were the dates announced last year?

In addition, were the holiday decorations, castle lights, Osborne lights, etc... up during this weekend? I am making this my year to Run Disney, and I need to get myself into better shape, so it's looking like the Wine and Dine might be my first. Unless I can get myself in shape for Everest or TOT ;)

I love the Wine and Dine race, really! The official event guide from the 2013 race has the save the date Nov 7-8, 2014. Registration opens this spring, so be sure to get an email alert from the RunDisney website. 2013 sold out faster than 2012, which sold out faster than 2011. I think this race is getting more popular every year.

Last year and the year before the AK was lit up with various objects, and the Osborne lights were on. The Very Merry Christmas party opened on the same weekend, so MK, AK, HS were all decorated for Christmas. The after party at Epcot is great as well. Hope you choose to run it!

I love the Wine and Dine race, really! The official event guide from the 2013 race has the save the date Nov 7-8, 2014. Registration opens this spring, so be sure to get an email alert from the RunDisney website. 2013 sold out faster than 2012, which sold out faster than 2011. I think this race is getting more popular every year.

Last year and the year before the AK was lit up with various objects, and the Osborne lights were on. The Very Merry Christmas party opened on the same weekend, so MK, AK, HS were all decorated for Christmas. The after party at Epcot is great as well. Hope you choose to run it!

Thank you so much! I'm super excited! I'm actually considering doing a last minute Princess Weekend trip to do the 5K since it's still open. I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket :rotfl2: How can I get on the list to get email notifications from Run Disney? Thanks again!!

Thank you so much! I'm super excited! I'm actually considering doing a last minute Princess Weekend trip to do the 5K since it's still open. I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket :rotfl2: How can I get on the list to get email notifications from Run Disney? Thanks again!!

At the bottom of the RunDisney home page, under "Other Links" there is a link for "Email Signup." That should do it!

:banana:

Anxiously awaiting signing up for 2014! Were there specific resorts that offered a discount to racers? Can anyone give an idea of discount amount? I have an AP, so we could always get an AP rate if not....just wondering. Is this race as big as the marathon and princess 1/2 in which there's transportation from all the resorts, or are there only certain ones that offer transportation?
Thanks so much!! I've been waiting to do a RunDisney race for so long!

My husband is planning on doing the Half this year while the rest of us do the 5K. Do these races sell out quickly? I signed up for the email reminder but was wondering if I need to be online right when it opens up.

Also do the pictures they take during the race work with the photopass program? If I pre-purchase it for our trip will it cover those pics too?

Thanks!

My husband is planning on doing the Half this year while the rest of us do the 5K. Do these races sell out quickly? I signed up for the email reminder but was wondering if I need to be online right when it opens up. Also do the pictures they take during the race work with the photopass program? If I pre-purchase it for our trip will it cover those pics too? Thanks!

Wine and Dine did sell out this year but it took a few months. That being said, I would book as quickly as possible but right when it opens up will not be necessary.

RunDisney pics are taken by a company called Marathonfoto. As of now they are NOT linked to your Photopass. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually did that.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wine and Dine did sell out this year but it took a few months. That being said, I would book as quickly as possible but right when it opens up will not be necessary.
I totally agree. TOT is still only listed as being at 50%.
This is an anniversary year for W&D, so there might be a big flurry right at the beginning, but historically it has not filled up as fast as the races at DL. I think night races are hard for some people and so for many it ends up being a one and done.

After seeing all the stuff about 'Perfect Princesses' on FB this weekend (for the folks that are legacies), I wonder what they will call the wine and diners who are legacies? My husband suggested 'Perfect Winos'.:rotfl:

Anxiously awaiting signing up for 2014! Were there specific resorts that offered a discount to racers? Can anyone give an idea of discount amount? I have an AP, so we could always get an AP rate if not....just wondering. Is this race as big as the marathon and princess 1/2 in which there's transportation from all the resorts, or are there only certain ones that offer transportation?
Thanks so much!! I've been waiting to do a RunDisney race for so long!

Discounts may not come out until later in the year, same thing for AP discounts. Transportation is only from select resorts. rundisney.com has the host resorts as:
Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Music Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside,
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You can also park at Epcot and catch a bus over to ESPN.

RunDisney pics are taken by a company called Marathonfoto. As of now they are NOT linked to your Photopass. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually did that.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the info. I will probably sign him up that first day for the half and me and our two boys for the 5K. That is going to be one long day.

Bummer that the pics are all together. Maybe they will change it before the race.

Discounts may not come out until later in the year, same thing for AP discounts. Transportation is only from select resorts. rundisney.com has the host resorts as:
Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Music Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside,
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You can also park at Epcot and catch a bus over to ESPN.

Thank you for the resort list!! We were thinking about staying at Kidani since the 5k is at AK but I guess that's out!

Bummer that the pics are all together. Maybe they will change it before the race.

I really doubt it. Also it's each persons photos on their own to be purchased separately. For instance there are a few from the January 5k with e and DS but one of us is usually cut off partially. So it's maybe one pic where I could get both of us. Can't combine runners on a cd.

In the past I have gotten the suitable download of the one best picture of me from a run, but I'm not sure I will. And now I got an email about "get three downloads for the cost of one" but there aren't three good shots of me OR my son individually. (We were both sick or getting sick and were miserable)

Anyway that's how the running race photos work, even at non disney races. I do t see it changing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter