***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Just got back from a jambo stay last week. To my surprise buses were running and Mara was open!
Mara is open breakfast only very limited menu. See the Disney website or MDE. Buses have been running since the resort reopened last year for DVC.

As others have pointed out, it is highly unlikely that anything else at Jambo, restaurants, stores, etc. will reopen until the resort side reopens... no date announced and would not expect it anytime soon.

Was there last fall and arrive again on Thursday so the “lack” of services is not an issue for me. But I enjoy the peacefulness lol

I went to AKL Jambo earlier this month. I LOVED the half-closed aspect. I used doordash for in room food and did a grocery order.

In comparing Jambo to Kidani, I wanted to mention something I have not seen discussed. The pool at Jambo is larger, with a smaller slide. Kidani is smaller, with a larger slide, and a water play area.

Both pools are gated, but I much preferred the Jambo set up for my DD4. There are plenty of places in Kidani's pool to get lost. Jambo's slide is on it's on island - I easily set up each morning by the slide. My DD was able to slide, exit, and slide again without the need for me to constantly monitor her status. I could stay in the pool and watch her with ease.

In Kidani, the slide steps are on the path with other things, so easier to get confused for smaller children. I cannot see my child from the pool, but need to wait by the pool to monitor her in the water. At one point, it had a long line and I was not sure WHAT to do, since I couldn't see her and needed to confirm where she was. There is no closed circuit television to monitor the status at the top. So I basically stayed at the side of the pool, would follow her to the slide steps, then return to my post. It was not enjoyable for me.

I just liked Jambo all the way around, but of course that may be because it was quiet. We were the only ones in the pool at one point. I had a standard DVC studio that had a savanna view. I woke up to giraffes each morning. I absolutely loved it.

Heading there in May. Was Boma open? Any word about when it reopens?
Not Boma, but the Disney website now currently lists the hours of the Uzima Springs Pool Bar @ Jambo as 11a-9p daily instead of just weekends. And there is limited food service.

Not Boma, but the Disney website now currently lists the hours of the Uzima Springs Pool Bar @ Jambo as 11a-9p daily instead of just weekends. And there is limited food service.
My husband will be happy! He loves hanging out down there chatting the bartenders up... runs up a pretty big tab down there lol.

See ya in 5 days.

Those of you who have been there over the last month or so, how are the buses running? Thinking of taking advantage of the calm atmosphere but do want to get to the parks at some point.

I went to AKL Jambo earlier this month. I LOVED the half-closed aspect. I used doordash for in room food and did a grocery order.

In comparing Jambo to Kidani, I wanted to mention something I have not seen discussed. The pool at Jambo is larger, with a smaller slide. Kidani is smaller, with a larger slide, and a water play area.

Both pools are gated, but I much preferred the Jambo set up for my DD4. There are plenty of places in Kidani's pool to get lost. Jambo's slide is on it's on island - I easily set up each morning by the slide. My DD was able to slide, exit, and slide again without the need for me to constantly monitor her status. I could stay in the pool and watch her with ease.

In Kidani, the slide steps are on the path with other things, so easier to get confused for smaller children. I cannot see my child from the pool, but need to wait by the pool to monitor her in the water. At one point, it had a long line and I was not sure WHAT to do, since I couldn't see her and needed to confirm where she was. There is no closed circuit television to monitor the status at the top. So I basically stayed at the side of the pool, would follow her to the slide steps, then return to my post. It was not enjoyable for me.

I just liked Jambo all the way around, but of course that may be because it was quiet. We were the only ones in the pool at one point. I had a standard DVC studio that had a savanna view. I woke up to giraffes each morning. I absolutely loved it.
Thank you! This makes me feel much better about our Kidani stay with our 2.7 year old granddaughter in February 2022 when their pool is closed. I have requested a location closer to Jambo in case we want to walk to that pool. I know there's a shuttle, but I'd rather walk to and from a pool. Who knows if we'll even have pool weather! But, thanks for your detailed descriptions. This was very helpful information!

Hey All.....well its been a long year, but with Vaccines in the near future and things looking better, we are starting the early stages of planning a family vacation for April 2022. There will be 8 of us total including a 2 year old. I was wondering what you think the chances are of getting 2x2 bedrooms on the CL level at 11 months? I can't remember which room category books up quickly on CL. If not we will like just go with 2x2 bedroom savanna view. Want to make this a special trip as it has been Nov of 2019 since we last went!

Hey All.....well its been a long year, but with Vaccines in the near future and things looking better, we are starting the early stages of planning a family vacation for April 2022. There will be 8 of us total including a 2 year old. I was wondering what you think the chances are of getting 2x2 bedrooms on the CL level at 11 months? I can't remember which room category books up quickly on CL. If not we will like just go with 2x2 bedroom savanna view. Want to make this a special trip as it has been Nov of 2019 since we last went!

I would guess that would be extremely difficult.
2 bedroom essentially require studio and 1 bedroom to be both available.

2br CL will be difficult. It is not unheard of to get a 1br though. I have gotten the CL studio but had to cancel, so it is possible. Good Luck !

Just passed ROFR! Hello neighbors!

What is the going price resale right now if you don't mind telling? I NEED more points and since we bought direct for the first 2 contracts, I think we will be resale from now on. Also, any tips for resale?

Can you tell me about the value studios at AKL? What makes them different from the standard view studios?
How hard are the value ones to get on a busy week (school vacation president’s day week in Feb to be precise)?
They show as 88 points for the week on the 2022 chart, which would be perfect for every other year with 50 point contract. The standard are 116, which would require some one time use points or borrowing.
I see a AKL 50 point with a use year that works for me for resale available now. I’m just considering my options and if AK makes sense to try for my first small contract.
I’ve been obsessing over and researching DVC for a month now. I think I need an intervention.
Thank you!

They are really hard to get in a typical (non-Covid) year, though not impossible. There are only 10. I think-and you’ll also be competing against anyone booking a 2bedroom as they are all lock offs.

There are actually 18 Value Studios but yes, they can be quite difficult to get at any time of year as there are a lot of people competing for them due to the point cost. They are a bit smaller than the other rooms (approx 3 ft shorter).

They are really hard to get in a typical (non-Covid) year, though not impossible. There are only 10. I think-and you’ll also be competing against anyone booking a 2bedroom as they are all lock offs.
There are actually 18 Value Studios but yes, they can be quite difficult to get at any time of year as there are a lot of people competing for them due to the point cost. They are a bit smaller than the other rooms (approx 3 ft shorter).

oh wow- that is not a lot, ok good to know. 😊 thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter