• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

This is actually not true. I reserved a savanna room at Kidani and we stayed in the very last room on the Pembe side. We paid points for a savannah room and had a partial view of a large building that as far as I could tell housed machines. As far as animals go, there was an ankole cattle on the savannah and an ostrich. We stayed from Saturday to Saturday. On Monday, we were standing on our balcony, and an animal keeper told us that on Tuesday, a zebra would be coming. From the animals we saw, I think this part of the Savannah is where they put the misfits. I liked the zebra, I called him our zebra, but he was no longer there when we stayed in May (in a different room on the opposite side that had loads of animals).
When staying at Kidani in a savannah view, I simply request Sunset savannah. It's an easy request to meet because 2/3 (or more) of the savannah views overlook the Sunset savannah.

Does anyone know the type of coffee filters I need for the coffee maker in a 1 bedroom value? I've got a week's stay booked and I want to know what filters to bring. TIA.

I wish Disney made this info easier to find. I once had to leave a DVC facebook group because a question about what type of coffee makers came up at least 2x per week :) Come on Disney, people need to know their coffee options.
It's a simple question, I'm thankful they're not focused on the negative.
By the way, I did a google using "what kind of coffee makers are in dvc rooms" & this information is ridiculously easy to find, but one should take care because Aulani is using Keurig and DVC can swap out the coffee makers on a whim. It is better to ask.

We have our first DVC stay booked at Kidani for 11 nights in July. We are renting a car and plan to drive ourselves places for the most part. If we wanted to stop at Jambo for quick-service breakfast on our way to the park in the mornings would we be able to drive our car over and park it somewhere close? Or is it better to take the shuttle over there and then back again to pick up our car from Kidani?

We have our first DVC stay booked at Kidani for 11 nights in July. We are renting a car and plan to drive ourselves places for the most part. If we wanted to stop at Jambo for quick-service breakfast on our way to the park in the mornings would we be able to drive our car over and park it somewhere close? Or is it better to take the shuttle over there and then back again to pick up our car from Kidani?
It's possible to drive over and park for sure. Not sure if the parking will be close though... depends on how full the lot is.

The large Jambo parking lot begins across the street from the Jambo front entrance area. How close you are to Jambo simply depends on where you find a parking place in that lot, near to far away. Likely in the morning, it will be far.

Nevertheless, the travel distance and time will undoubtedly be less and much quicker than if you take the shuttle (and then take it back to Kidani). Your room at Kidani can be very far from the shuttle -- the building is about 2/3 miles long (one of the longest single hotel buildings on earth) and thus you could have up to a 1/3 mile walk to cover just to get from your room to the shuttle at the the front entrance area. But regardless of where your room is, you can park fairly close to it. There are three elevators along each of the two wings and your room will be somewhere near one of those elevators, and the parking lot is essentially the first floor of Kidani and runs almost one end to the other, with the result that you can usually park somewhere fairly near an elevator that gets you fairly quickly to your room.

As to your usage of the car, be aware of the current issues you may face. When you park in a theme park parking lot, your car can be very far from the front gate. Pre-Pandemic, there were always shuttles that took you from the parking areas to the front gate areas (or Ticket and Transportation Center at MK). For a long time after reopening post-pandemic, those were gone, resulting in your having to walk from your parking spot to the front gate area. They have returned to MK and AK. However, as far as I am aware, they are still missing from Studios and Epcot with no date given yet for their return. Also, if going to MK in the morning before the park opens to about two hours after it is open, be aware there have been huge traffic jams just to get into the parking lot, e.g., the waits, once you are getting near the entry area, can be greater than 1/2 hour. In other words, you need to give serious thought as to whether you really want to use a car rather than a bus to get to a park other than AK.

I always take Disney provided transportation to/from the MK. Unless a bus is unusually delayed it will always be faster than driving to the TTC then taking the monorail or ferry.

An alternate, now that they're returning is to take a minnie van, they drop off near the buses allowing you to skip over the TTC.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the total number of both value and concierge rooms available? Was recently spoiled with a club level room at BCV due to room issues and now I want club level all the time! Thinking I may have to add on at AKV…

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the total number of both value and concierge rooms available? Was recently spoiled with a club level room at BCV due to room issues and now I want club level all the time! Thinking I may have to add on at AKV…
My understanding is 5 2br lockoffs for club level, 10 2br lockoffs for value, and 8 dedicated value studios. General rule of thumb is do not buy assuming you can get these rooms consistently as they are generally walked year round.

I agree, the AKV club villas are almost impossible to get, when I bought my first AKV contract I tried for awhile to get a club 1 br., but couldn’t even find an open date to start a walk.

My advice would be to buy AKV points because it's an amazing resort with some of the best cast members in Disney World.
Don't buy if the only reason you want to own there is for those club level rooms, they're an awful struggle to get. When I manage to get one it's usually a day here or there that happened to be dropped by someone else.

Do they have free laundry at Jambo house for DVC members?
Yes, it's just off the lobby - 5th floor. Room key opens the door, machines are free to use, but will need to bring or buy detergent. (Last I saw they were $1 for a single use pack, machine uses credit cards only.)

Personally I’d take the shuttle and also Kidani has a quick service breakfast at Sanaa that’s very good.

We are two weeks out from our stay at AKL Jambo. Can I email Member Services with our room request, or is chat or calling better?

We are two weeks out from our stay at AKL Jambo. Can I email Member Services with our room request, or is chat or calling better?
I think all three work equally well in terms of having your requests fulfilled. I wouldn't wait any longer, though. Reportedly rooms are assigned 5-7 days before checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter