***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I am booking a standard view 2 bedroom for 5 nights in a couple of days for next year. Are the rooms the same size at both resort? We're bringing some family from Mexico with us and I would love to have a partial view of the savanna for them but I can't spend the points for a savanna view room. Where should I book the room at, Jambo or Kidani? We're going to have 9 members in our room, if that helps. I'm leaning towards Jambo but if the room is smaller than Kidani, then I think we'll have to sacrifice the view. Thanks for any insight y'all can offer

I am booking a standard view 2 bedroom for 5 nights in a couple of days for next year. Are the rooms the same size at both resort? We're bringing some family from Mexico with us and I would love to have a partial view of the savanna for them but I can't spend the points for a savanna view room. Where should I book the room at, Jambo or Kidani? We're going to have 9 members in our room, if that helps. I'm leaning towards Jambo but if the room is smaller than Kidani, then I think we'll have to sacrifice the view. Thanks for any insight y'all can offer
2BR's are very different between Jambo and Kidani. You will want Kidani with 9 ppl. All the 2BR's at Jambo are lock-offs so a studio side with queen and a sleeper sofa and a 1BR with 1 bathroom across the hall from the master bedroom for both the master and the living area. The living area has a sleeper sofa and single sleeper chair in the living room.

Kidani has one of the larger 2BR's and has dedicated as well as lock-off. The dedicated 2BR will have 2 actual queen size beds in the 2nd bedroom. A master bedroom has it's own dedicated bathroom and the living area also has it's own full bathroom for the queen sleeper and single sleeper chair.

2BR's are very different between Jambo and Kidani. You will want Kidani with 9 ppl. All the 2BR's at Jambo are lock-offs so a studio side with queen and a sleeper sofa and a 1BR with 1 bathroom across the hall from the master bedroom for both the master and the living area. The living area has a sleeper sofa and single sleeper chair in the living room.

Kidani has one of the larger 2BR's and has dedicated as well as lock-off. The dedicated 2BR will have 2 actual queen size beds in the 2nd bedroom. A master bedroom has it's own dedicated bathroom and the living area also has it's own full bathroom for the queen sleeper and single sleeper chair.
Thank you for that explanation. It really helps. I think I'm going to book kidani 2br dedicated. I really feel we need the space over the view. They can just walk out to the viewing area to see the animals. LOL I was thinking it would have been nice to stay a Jambo for the food court. How long of a walk is it from Kidani? I've only stayed at Kidani one time, like 10 years ago and we never made it over to Jambo house! lol

Thank you for that explanation. It really helps. I think I'm going to book kidani 2br dedicated. I really feel we need the space over the view. They can just walk out to the viewing area to see the animals. LOL I was thinking it would have been nice to stay a Jambo for the food court. How long of a walk is it from Kidani? I've only stayed at Kidani one time, like 10 years ago and we never made it over to Jambo house! lol
Walk from Kidani to Jambo depends on where your room is. The Kidani building is about 2/3 mile long. From Kidani lobby area to Jambo lobby area is close to .5 mile walk. From end rooms on the north wing of Kidani (the lobby faces west and the pool and Pembe savanna are on the north wing) to Jambo lobby is about .8 miles. From the Zazu elevator near the end of the south wing of Kidani, the walk to Jambo lobby is less than .25 miles. There is a bus that runs constantly during the day and evening from the Kidani lobby area to the Jambo lobby area (and back).

The 2BRs at Kidani (which has both dedicated and lock-offs) are better than the ones at Jambo (all lock-offs). Kidanis 2BR is about 100 sq ft larger than Jambo's, has three bathrooms to Jambo's 2; the master bath has a separate shower and tub while Jambo's master bath has a combined tub/shower and has a high and wide step over into the tub which can be difficult for those with any leg problems; and the Kidani 2BRs have more closet space than Jambo. Also, a dedicated Kidani 2BR has one long balcony across the bedrooms and living room while the lock-off (at both Jambo and Kidani) has a wall on the balcony separating the studio from the 1BR.

As to standard view, chances of getting one with a savanna view are higher at Jambo, since more than half the standard view rooms have a Uzima or Sunset savanna view -- best request with a standard view to make if you have Jambo is for a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building, because all standards on that side have a Sunset savanna view. Kidani also has some standard view rooms that have a direct Pembe savanna view. Best chance to get one of those is to request a room near the Pumbaa elevator, which sits between the two building units with standard view rooms overlooking Pembe. Downside to getting that request is the room will be far from the Kidani lobby and bus station and very far from Jambo.

I’d say the walk from Kidani lobby to Jambo lobby is 10-15 min.s, but where you are in Kidani can add time to your walk. Once at Jambo the QS Mara is on the right near the pool, one floor down from the lobby level. You can swim in both pools btw. As @drusba said, there’s a shuttle bus that runs continuously from lobby to lobby - note it picks up/drops off near the lobbies NOT down by the bus stops, just ask the bell services folks out front at Kidani where to wait for the shuttle to Jambo.
Here’s what you’re looking for
IMG_0137.jpeg
Also most regular park buses run from Kidani to Jambo to whatever park so you can hop on any bus going to a park at Kidani & hop off at Jambo, but always ask the bus driver if he’s stopping at Jambo, because they occasionally don’t & I’ve had drivers go to Jambo first as well. Typically Disney Springs buses go Jambo first then Kidani then off to Disney Springs.

Last edited:
It appears that the shuttle bus is not ECV compatible. But now that I know that the regular park buses stop at Kidani first, if I want to go to Jambo, I can hop on any bus, except the DS bus (after asking the bus driver if his next stop is Jambo). To return to Kidani, I'd have to wait for a DS bus. Frankly, it's always been just as easy to ride over on my ECV, but if it rains, I was wondering what I might do.

It appears that the shuttle bus is not ECV compatible. But now that I know that the regular park buses stop at Kidani first, if I want to go to Jambo, I can hop on any bus, except the DS bus (after asking the bus driver if his next stop is Jambo). To return to Kidani, I'd have to wait for a DS bus. Frankly, it's always been just as easy to ride over on my ECV, but if it rains, I was wondering what I might do.
I honestly never noticed whether it was ECV compatible or not & didn’t take the best photo to figure that out 😂. I’m curious though & will ask when I’m next there in late Nov./early Dec..

It would be so helpful to know for sure. Thanks so much! Since my trip there isn't until February, it'll be good to know.

I'm told I don't have enough posts to list my reservation for rent, so making that qualifying post here 🦒 🦓

I'll miss the trip so much - my heart was looking forward to seeing the tree in the Kidani lobby and hanging out on the balcony watching the animals.

I’d say the walk from Kidani lobby to Jambo lobby is 10-15 min.s, but where you are in Kidani can add time to your walk. Once at Jambo the QS Mara is on the right near the pool, one floor down from the lobby level. You can swim in both pools btw. As @drusba said, there’s a shuttle bus that runs continuously from lobby to lobby - note it picks up/drops off near the lobbies NOT down by the bus stops, just ask the bell services folks out front at Kidani where to wait for the shuttle to Jambo.
Here’s what you’re looking for
View attachment 801355
Also most regular park buses run from Kidani to Jambo to whatever park so you can hop on any bus going to a park at Kidani & hop off at Jambo, but always ask the bus driver if he’s stopping at Jambo, because they occasionally don’t & I’ve had drivers go to Jambo first as well. Typically Disney Springs buses go Jambo first then Kidani then off to Disney Springs.
I was just there last week. The shuttle has been downsized to a van.

I don't think this is a permanent situation unless the shuttle died. Those buses last forever.

They're probably either servicing it or it's being used for bringing celebs and crew to/from the MK for all that recording they're doing.

It used to be a van, years ago.
I don't think this is a permanent situation unless the shuttle died. Those buses last forever.

They're probably either servicing it or it's being used for bringing celebs and crew to/from the MK for all that recording they're doing.
I’ll be there in 11 days & report back :).

Anyone think the referb will happen in 2024? Sound like they have started blocking rooms for VGC which was also suppose to happen in 2024.

I’ve been here since 11/25 & it’s been the small shuttle bus the whole time. The pick up/drop off locations are slightly different than I recall from a couple of years ago, at Jambo it’s where DME used to pick up/drop off - across the drop off lanes in front of the lobby & down a couple of steps, at Kidani across the drop off lanes in front of the lobby.
I checked w/ the shuttle driver - & you’re correct they can’t load ECVs, so if it rains then park bus to Jambo & Disney Springs bus to Kidani.
Quite the gathering of animals yesterday mid morning near my Jambo standard view villa :) I’ve only spotted 3 zebras on Sunset savanna, though, so I’m thinking the Hartman’s mountain zebra breeding work has shifted over to the park?
IMG_5563.jpeg

I checked w/ the shuttle driver - & you’re correct they can’t load ECVs, so if it rains then park bus to Jambo & Disney Springs bus to Kidani.
Quite the gathering of animals yesterday mid morning near my Jambo standard view villa :) I’ve only spotted 3 zebras on Sunset savanna, though, so I’m thinking the Hartman’s mountain zebra breeding work has shifted over to the park?
View attachment 815218
Thanks for checking. And thanks for the suggestion. No offense, but I hope I don't need to use your idea-that is, I hope it doesn't rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter