*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

We go the last 2 weeks of August every year. Love it!!! We find crowd levels to be moderate/low this time of year. Sometimes it can feel more crowded just because of the heat. Crowd levels during your second week will be lower than your first week. Fortunately, you're going for two weeks and you can take your time. :thumbsup2

My biggest tip is to alternate between shoes every day, especially on a two week trip. Your feet will thank you! Plus it will give your shoes time to dry out if you're caught in an August downpour.

That sounds like a very smart tip! Thanks :flower3: Think I will also make sure to bring extra shoes in addition to our blister kits :)

The one park where we were seriously underwhelmed about the food on our last WDW trip was HS. I think I'll add Sci-Fi to my ADR list if the food is good.

Last time we did 6 days split 1xHS, MK and 2X AK, Epcot. This time we are getting 7 day tix with a rest day/water park day in the middle. At the moment the plan is 2X at MK, AK and Epcot and 1X at HS.
We've eaten at Sci-Fi several times. The food isn't great, it isn't bad either. The atmosphere is pretty cool, and the food is just acceptable. We've also eaten at 50's Prime Time a few times. I don't like the atmosphere at 50's Prime Time quite as much as I do at Sci-Fi, but the food at 50's Prime Time is better, or at least in my experience it has been.

So not a fan of the QS choices at HS. We often book Sci Fi for lunch -- their sandwiches are great for sharing! And then book either Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time (both excellent!) for dinner.
Yes, this, I forgot about Mama Melrose . . . the seafood soup (I think that is what the call it, we call it zupa de pesce) there is very good, one of the best meals I've had in a theme park . . . oh how I wish Tony's Town Square had something that good on the menu!

We go the last 2 weeks of August every year. Love it!!! We find crowd levels to be moderate/low this time of year. Sometimes it can feel more crowded just because of the heat. Crowd levels during your second week will be lower than your first week. Fortunately, you're going for two weeks and you can take your time. :thumbsup2

My biggest tip is to alternate between shoes every day, especially on a two week trip. Your feet will thank you! Plus it will give your shoes time to dry out if you're caught in an August downpour.

Us too! As you said, crowd levels taper off over the course of our stay. The heat is pretty bad, but the park hours are still pretty long, so you can get a LOT done.

I generally have one new pair of sneakers (worn enough to break them in), one old pair (near the worn out point, but comfy) and my sandals. Indeed, being able to switch footwear can be a lifesaver.

Always sticky, hot and humid. There is usually a brief downpour mid afternoon, but it's very unpredictable. You could spend the day at MK in the blazing hot sun, while your friend gets soaked at AK at the same time.

Thanks Disneylover99. We don't mind the heat or humidity and I'm sure a downpour will probably be much welcomed some days! Regardless of the weather, we're thrilled to be heading back :sunny::dogdance::sunny:

Hey Y'all! DH and I are booked @ Pop for 8/20 - 8/25 for my 50th Practically Perfect Unbirthday! SuperDuper excited to see Kenny the Pirate predict MNSSHP for 8/24. We will have four park days and the plan (Now) is 2 MK/2 Epcot. This will also be DH first visit back since he was a kid, my last trip was in 2005. I'm a Huge Planner Nerd, so I'm in Heaven getting to plan this trip. :tinker:

Joining in! Staying 10 night at the GF at the end of July and beginning of August. Looking forward to learning and planning!

Are those open/close times accurate or just educated guesses? I've been trying to find park hours on the WDW site and I can only find up to July 14th.
I don't really know for sure. I've been looking around too and this is all I could find.

Definitely doing an early August trip. It will be the last trip with our APs. Waiting to see when our schools start back and what discounts look like before we nail down dates. DD turns 16 on the 6th and I am so hoping it works out for us to be there on her Bday. Fingers crossed.

Kenny the Pirate has updated his August calendar. He has predicted MNSSHP on Aug. 24, 28 and 31st based on early MK closings those days. :banana: He thinks food and wine might start the 31st.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2014/05/04/kennythepirates-august-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/

Thank you for linking that info. We are really hoping to try a MNSSHP in WDW this year. If we get to try food and wine too...that would just be the icing on the cake!

8/14- 8/23 AoA So many things to celebrate DD 16 Bday, and 50th Bday and 23rd wedding anniversary!

Congratulations! So may great things to celebrate :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter