*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I love reading everyone's plans!

Our Fastpass day was this past Saturday. It was super easy this time around since I was booking for only 1 day at MK! :rotfl:Traveling with 8 people (5 adults, 3 kids: 6 yo, 2 yo, and almost 1 yo). Staying at All Star Movies preferred, Aug 1-4 (maybe we'll get refurbished rooms!). Looking forward to spending relaxing time out of the parks - pool time, resort hopping, etc..

However, reading all your plans in all the different parks, especially TSL, makes me slightly jealous! But, alas, there WILL be future trips for me and I'm grateful for any chance to visit Disney. Each trip is special in its own way! ::yes::

Keep the updates coming!

Fastpass selection went pretty good! A little glitchy between 7 and 720 but then seemed to work better. I liked that I could get 7DMT on our first night! We are doing HS our 4th day and I got SDD at 12:30 which was the earliest I saw available. Not doing AK until our 6th day so I had no problems with FOP.

This was the first time booking for just my 4 so it felt like a breeze! In the past 3 years I've dealt with anywhere from 6-8 people in different groups arriving on different days. I feel like this morning went too easy!

Everything is paid for with Disney Gift Cards, which we buy at Sams Club. Sams sells the $500 card for about $480, so we save $20 on every card. We pay with our Disney Visa, which gives us another $4.80 in Disney Reward dollars for each card we buy, which we can spend on the trip....

We do this too! It saves like what 7% (%) on top of savings from our travel agent, and then the added bonus of the rewards, which is pure awesomeness.

Ugh, your drive down sounds fun. :crazy2: We don't drive as it would be 22+ hours to Orlando from MN, and I would cry the entire way back. 12+ hours to visit family in Michigan are long enough for me, thank you!

We drove last august for the first time (from NYC). It actually was not bad at all and the kids did great. We are doing it again for this trip!

I wonder what our odds will be for finding a Slinky Dog FP for the afternoon we arrive (60+0)? :worship:
Initially probably pretty low odds, but stuff pops up all the time. Just gotta check consistently. I plan on checking once per day at least (we want an earlier time than 11:55 if possible).

We do this too! It saves like what 7% (%) on top of savings from our travel agent, and then the added bonus of the rewards, which is pure awesomeness.

Ugh, your drive down sounds fun. :crazy2: We don't drive as it would be 22+ hours to Orlando from MN, and I would cry the entire way back. 12+ hours to visit family in Michigan are long enough for me, thank you!
It is usually 18 hours from here. A bit longer now with my back, as I have to stop every hour and a half to get out and move around, still, it really isn't an awful drive.

It is usually 18 hours from here. A bit longer now with my back, as I have to stop every hour and a half to get out and move around, still, it really isn't an awful drive.

I just Googled drive time from where I live to WDW, it would take me 50 hours.

From here to DL is 22 1/2 hours.

I think the problem is that I live too far away from all the fun places!

Officially 60 days to our trip!!!!! We will be there for 13 nights starting August 3rd. Really happy with fast pass booking this morning. 3 AK days, 3 flights of passage. 1 HS day, and a 9:30 booking for slinky dog, lol. Just have to deal with stand by for TSM I guess.

Funny, while we go every year, I get this added excitement right after dining, then FP booking. I want to leave now!!!!!!!!

I just Googled drive time from where I live to WDW, it would take me 50 hours.

From here to DL is 22 1/2 hours.

I think the problem is that I live too far away from all the fun places!

Yup, that is way too far to drive!

Officially 60 days to our trip!!!!! We will be there for 13 nights starting August 3rd. Really happy with fast pass booking this morning. 3 AK days, 3 flights of passage. 1 HS day, and a 9:30 booking for slinky dog, lol. Just have to deal with stand by for TSM I guess.
Great fastpasses:-) We are 62 days till vacation starts, but 63 days till we check into resort, so our FP day is Friday. We are going to try for SDD for 60 + 6 for a morning FP. We will also stand by for TSM, but I really think it won't be too bad as everyone else will be going to SDD and Alien Saucers (at least, this is what we're hoping). We are really going to try to get there for 7am EMH - early day! We are also going for 13 nights starting August 7th.

Great fastpasses:-) We are 62 days till vacation starts, but 63 days till we check into resort, so our FP day is Friday. We are going to try for SDD for 60 + 6 for a morning FP. We will also stand by for TSM, but I really think it won't be too bad as everyone else will be going to SDD and Alien Saucers (at least, this is what we're hoping). We are really going to try to get there for 7am EMH - early day! We are also going for 13 nights starting August 7th.

Our main\planned DHS day has EMH at 7am as well! I'm figuring getting there at rope drop, dashing to TSM, then Slinky Dog FP and then the rest of the park. While we are still 2 months out, doing the fast passes really gets me motivated, lol. I was surprised overall how many of exactly what we wanted fast pass wise I was able to get. Pretty much everything across all parks. Here's hoping for lower crowds!!!!!!

Our main\planned DHS day has EMH at 7am as well! I'm figuring getting there at rope drop, dashing to TSM, then Slinky Dog FP and then the rest of the park. While we are still 2 months out, doing the fast passes really gets me motivated, lol. I was surprised overall how many of exactly what we wanted fast pass wise I was able to get. Pretty much everything across all parks. Here's hoping for lower crowds!!!!!!
That's great to hear. Makes me feel less stressed about getting what we want on Friday. But, like you, we are staying 13 nights which is nice because while it's still exhausting (with the heat, walking, etc) we have so many days there so we can also take things slow when we need to. I totally agree with you about getting motivated over FP Day. I love the planning part and have my fingers crossed for lower crowds too. I will report back Friday to let everyone know how my FP day went!

So happy to be joining this thread! Just booked August 9-12 for my daughter and I to celebrate her 16th Birthday!! Staying at Pop Century and planning to do all four parks in one day. Milestone parks day for a milestone birthday! We already have a trip booked with the whole family in October, so hoping if everything goes right we can upgrade to AP's on our August trip! :banana:

So happy to be joining this thread! Just booked August 9-12 for my daughter and I to celebrate her 16th Birthday!! Staying at Pop Century and planning to do all four parks in one day. Milestone parks day for a milestone birthday! We already have a trip booked with the whole family in October, so hoping if everything goes right we can upgrade to AP's on our August trip! :banana:

Sounds fabulous. Nothing like celebrating birthdays at Disney!

Ok, so here are my current plans. of course I could always get a whim and change them. lol

Arrival Monday 7/30. plane lands at 12 Me and kids 14 and 10
check into Pop century and go to Animal kingdom
Navi river fast pass 2:35-3:35
Safari - 3:55-4:55
Kali river rapids 5-6.

Hoping to ride get fast pass for everest for dd 10 and I. ds 14 won't ride it.
Dinner at Yak and yeti quick service and then probably an early night. Kids want to see AOA, so we will probably take the bus back there and wonder around.

Tuesday 7/31 - Mk in the morning. We are celebrating Dd's birthday that was a few weeks ago.
Buzz light year fast pass 9;25-10:25
BBB appointment for dd at 10:30
Pooh fast pass 11:10-12:10
BOG lunch 11:55
7 dwarfs ride 12:40-1:40
1900 park fare dinner 5:45.

Epcot after dinner for extra magic hours 9-11.

Wednesday 8/1 Check into the Contemporary
- Typhoon lagoon in the am
Dinner at Chef Mickey's 5:35
Magic kingdom to follow
Buzz 6:25-7:25
Peter pan 7:35-8:35
Jungle cruise 9:05-10
Stay for extra magic hours

Thursday 8/2 Epcot in the am
Soarin 10?35-11:35
Spaceship earth 11:35-12:35

Probably spend time at Epcot. or an early day. Dh landing at 7:30

Friday 8/3 - Check in at the Yacht Club
10:40:11:40 Alien swirling saucers
12:05-1:05 star tours

Not sure after that. Might hop and then hop back. Evening extra magic hours at DHS

Saturday 8/4
Animal kingdom am
9:45-10:45 Navi
11:30-12:30 safaris
12:30-1:30 Kali
I know the same rides, but this time dh can ride with us.

Not sure of the afternoon/evening, but probably take advantage of the pool
We think we are going to do the disney after hours event.

Sunday 8/5
Lazy mornng
Epcot in the afternoon/evening
Soarin 5:10-6:10 Not sure what else
Hacinda 8:15 hoping to see Illuminations from here.

May pop back into DHS before it closes.

Monday 8/6 check out and uber to Universal
Universal/IOA

8/7 Check out of Universal and fly home late 9:05 pm. Full day in parks.

I know we have a lot of repeats, but ds 14 doesn't like the fast rides, so dd and I will ride them off hours.

Ok, so here are my current plans. of course I could always get a whim and change them. lol

Arrival Monday 7/30. plane lands at 12 Me and kids 14 and 10
check into Pop century and go to Animal kingdom
Navi river fast pass 2:35-3:35
Safari - 3:55-4:55
Kali river rapids 5-6.

Hoping to ride get fast pass for everest for dd 10 and I. ds 14 won't ride it.
Dinner at Yak and yeti quick service and then probably an early night. Kids want to see AOA, so we will probably take the bus back there and wonder around.

Tuesday 7/31 - Mk in the morning. We are celebrating Dd's birthday that was a few weeks ago.
Buzz light year fast pass 9;25-10:25
BBB appointment for dd at 10:30
Pooh fast pass 11:10-12:10
BOG lunch 11:55
7 dwarfs ride 12:40-1:40
1900 park fare dinner 5:45.

Epcot after dinner for extra magic hours 9-11.

Wednesday 8/1 Check into the Contemporary
- Typhoon lagoon in the am
Dinner at Chef Mickey's 5:35
Magic kingdom to follow
Buzz 6:25-7:25
Peter pan 7:35-8:35
Jungle cruise 9:05-10
Stay for extra magic hours

Thursday 8/2 Epcot in the am
Soarin 10?35-11:35
Spaceship earth 11:35-12:35

Probably spend time at Epcot. or an early day. Dh landing at 7:30

Friday 8/3 - Check in at the Yacht Club
10:40:11:40 Alien swirling saucers
12:05-1:05 star tours

Not sure after that. Might hop and then hop back. Evening extra magic hours at DHS

Saturday 8/4
Animal kingdom am
9:45-10:45 Navi
11:30-12:30 safaris
12:30-1:30 Kali
I know the same rides, but this time dh can ride with us.

Not sure of the afternoon/evening, but probably take advantage of the pool
We think we are going to do the disney after hours event.

Sunday 8/5
Lazy mornng
Epcot in the afternoon/evening
Soarin 5:10-6:10 Not sure what else
Hacinda 8:15 hoping to see Illuminations from here.

May pop back into DHS before it closes.

Monday 8/6 check out and uber to Universal
Universal/IOA

8/7 Check out of Universal and fly home late 9:05 pm. Full day in parks.

I know we have a lot of repeats, but ds 14 doesn't like the fast rides, so dd and I will ride them off hours.
Possibly consider the early morning magic on 8/5 over the after hours on 8/4. We're doing that instead since AH is so expensive. Sure, you only get Fantasyland but SDMT and Peter Pan command the longest lines in the park and it allows us to ride them as much as we want with zero wait and fastpass the other MK rides. Also unlimited breakfast buffet included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter