*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Question for August Disboard planners. Since we're getting close to our trips, has anyone thought about their plan to get in the Toy Story rides? I have FP for 1 TSL ride both of my DHS days (first DHS day I have 8;15am TSM and second DHS day I have 8:45am Slinky Dog). Do you think it's realistic to get one ride on each of the 3 rides in Toy Story Land between 7-9am if one of them is a FP? I think we will be happy with one and done since we're adults / older teens for Slinky Dog and Alien Spin, but will try to get multiple rides on TSM as we love it! We are a family that will be there at rope drop and will walk straight to TSL but will NOT be at the front of the line as that just stresses us out. Anyone have a plan? (silly question to ask on a board of planners :rotfl:)

Question for August Disboard planners. Since we're getting close to our trips, has anyone thought about their plan to get in the Toy Story rides? I have FP for 1 TSL ride both of my DHS days (first DHS day I have 8;15am TSM and second DHS day I have 8:45am Slinky Dog). Do you think it's realistic to get one ride on each of the 3 rides in Toy Story Land between 7-9am if one of them is a FP? I think we will be happy with one and done since we're adults / older teens for Slinky Dog and Alien Spin, but will try to get multiple rides on TSM as we love it! We are a family that will be there at rope drop and will walk straight to TSL but will NOT be at the front of the line as that just stresses us out. Anyone have a plan? (silly question to ask on a board of planners :rotfl:)

It sounds realistic to me, but I don't think any of us will really know until ToyStory land opens and we hear reports from people rope dropping.

Since we have 10 day tickets, my plan is to make 4 out of the 10 days of fp for HS. We'll make 2 Slinky Dog, 1 alien saucer and 1 TSM. We'll do this in the morning (but not rope drop) then we'll hop over to Epcot for lunch.

It sounds plausible and I hope it is, because it's what we are going to try to do, too! : )

FP today and had a similar experience as @OurLaughingPlace. I had no technical issues making them; I was able to start making them exactly at 7am. I used my laptop, Chrome browser.

Below is a recap of the ones that seem to be more elusive. FYI, we are morning touring people, rest at pool/resort after noon, and may or may not go back in the evenings or do something else. Unless we specifically are going only in the evening, we look to have FP either 9, 10, and 11, or 10, 11 and noon, depending on park open.

8/9 - arrive late, doubt we will be able to make it to a park, but did book a 9:30pm SDD at HS on the off chance we get in a bit early and there is a miracle. SDD and ASaucerS were available throughout the evening, all evening - and I didn't book this until 8am today.
8/10 - EP: Earliest TT I could get was 10:20am, but I didn't try to get this until after my AK and HS days.
8/11 - MK: no issues with any FP, but did need to play around modifying a bit to get what I wanted; didn't try to book until after booking 8/10.
8/12 - HS: There were no SDD avail in the morning, so will try to rope drop it and ASaucerS. Got ToT, TSMM, and RRC just fine; good availability. This was the second day I booked.
8/13 - EP evening: No problems with any FP here, good availability
8/14 - AK: FoP at 10:20, there was nothing earlier. This was the first day I booked. I attempted to modify to earlier after other FP were done, but nothing showed up and times continued to disappear; by 8am there was nothing before 12:30. I didn't try hard to modify, though. Other FP were relatively easy to get, though I did need to modify EE to get it right after FoP, but it was fairly easy to change.
8/17 - HS: Got SDD at 10:05am. There was good availability for attractions. This was the third day I booked.
8/18 - MK: Fine availability.
8/20 - AK: FoP at 9:05am. Good availability. This was the fourth day I booked. Modifyied a bit after finishing everything to move up KRR, but it was easy to change.

After AK and HS days, I booked 8/10 and then did the next days as they came, and then 8/9 last. After finishing i went back and started modifying to clean up times and make some edits.

@chiisai Glad to hear you had a successful FP day. It does sound similar to mine. We have similar touring plans (morning at park, afternoon pool, sometimes back at night). I'm still tweaking times a bit too. Nice to be done FP Day!

I have a feeling AS2 will have insane wait times since the capacity is really bad. The fastpass demand seems low so standby waits will likely be pretty high. We're skipping it as we already went on the Mater ride at Disneyland and it's the same thing.

I have a Cali Grill Reservation on 8/20 at 5:30pm that I don't need anymore. PM if you want it and I can drop it at a certain time.

Sunday was my FP+ day. We got everything we wanted but FOP on Aug. 10. I'm going to keep checking and hope something opens up. If anyone notices a release of new ones around that time please post it so I know to grab one! Last October I remember they added a bunch of new ones as we got closer to our arrival day. Thanks much!!

Our plans are finally finalized. This time its just DD & I.

Aug. 3 - Arrive late (flight in at 9:20 pm) check into Pop Century
Aug. 4 - AK FP for Navi, Characters at Outpost & Kali (morning)
Aug. 5 - MK FP for Pooh, 7 Dwarf & Peter Pan (morning)
Aug. 6 - EP FP for Character Spot, Frozen & Spaceship Earth (morning) ADR Akershus 10:45 am
Aug. 7 - DD 10th Birthday MK FP for 7 Dwarf (again), Meet Ariel & Meet Cinderella (morning)
Aug. 8 - HS FP for Muppets, Star Tours & Slinky Dog (morning)
Aug. 9 - AK FP for FOP, Dinosaur & Safari (morning) ADR 50's Prime Time 5:15 pm
Aug. 10 - Check out day EP FP for Soarin, Living with the Land & The Seas with Nemo (morning) ADR Bon Voyage Breakfast 10:30 am
Fly out at 6:30 pm

Since it's just the 2 of us and we have park hoppers we are going to take afternoon breaks and decide on evening parks as we go.

Aliens doesn’t seem to be that popular yet...we have a FP for Slinky and we ride TSMM at DCA often so we’re not concerned about riding it. We’ll use our 3 then try for Aliens as a 4th.

We’re not planning on ripe dropping any of our days.

Sunday was my FP+ day. We got everything we wanted but FOP on Aug. 10. I'm going to keep checking and hope something opens up. If anyone notices a release of new ones around that time please post it so I know to grab one! Last October I remember they added a bunch of new ones as we got closer to our arrival day. Thanks much!!

We have one for Aug 10 at noon; if we decide to drop it I’ll PM you.

Our plans are finally finalized. This time its just DD & I.

Aug. 3 - Arrive late (flight in at 9:20 pm) check into Pop Century
Aug. 4 - AK FP for Navi, Characters at Outpost & Kali (morning)
Aug. 5 - MK FP for Pooh, 7 Dwarf & Peter Pan (morning)
Aug. 6 - EP FP for Character Spot, Frozen & Spaceship Earth (morning) ADR Akershus 10:45 am
Aug. 7 - DD 10th Birthday MK FP for 7 Dwarf (again), Meet Ariel & Meet Cinderella (morning)
Aug. 8 - HS FP for Muppets, Star Tours & Slinky Dog (morning)
Aug. 9 - AK FP for FOP, Dinosaur & Safari (morning) ADR 50's Prime Time 5:15 pm
Aug. 10 - Check out day EP FP for Soarin, Living with the Land & The Seas with Nemo (morning) ADR Bon Voyage Breakfast 10:30 am
Fly out at 6:30 pm

Since it's just the 2 of us and we have park hoppers we are going to take afternoon breaks and decide on evening parks as we go.
Your plans sounds great. I hope you and your daughter have a fabulous birthday celebration trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter