*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!! DISNEY IN TWO WEEKS!!! SO EXCITED!!!

That being said, a nasty stomach bug worked it's way through DS's daycare class last week and then hit me this weekend. DH is now dealing with it. If the older girls get it, I hope they get it now and out of the way before our trip!!!

Oh no! Hope everyone feels better by the time you leave. I got sick at Disney a few years ago and lost several days of park time. It was terrible! Fortunately, you still have time to get it out of your systems before you leave. Let's pray it does!!

We went to HS today. Arrived about 1000 (this trip is about sleeping in I guess ) anyways had a great time. Stayed until about 2 then headed back in the evening. Where else can you be a toy in Andy’s backyard, play with a snowman in 90 degrees, go back to the 1950s for dinner then be rounded up by storm troopers and recruited? So much fun! We loved slinky and did TSM 2 times (first stand by for an hour - air conditioning!!) then as a 4th fastpass. We didn’t ride aliens because my kids said no it was too much like the teacups. Wait time was about 30 minutes only after times during the day. Dinner at 50’s PT was great and our waitress was awesome - even though I got yelled at for not finishing my green beans and so she hand fed them to me

I love this! Where indeed? Sounds like you had a ball! We love 50's Prime Time. I once saw a waitress return to a table with dessert for everyone with a sundae dish filled with the veggies the mom at the table didn't eat. She said no dessert until she ate her veggies!! Haha!

I am so out of it. I see people posting about 6:30 entry into HS for TSL, but the hours posted do not mention that. Is this something temporary due to the newness of TSL? I wouldn't think it would be worth it to go that early. Is just TSL open? If this is what is happening, I'm wondering why they didn't do that for Pandora. That's still such a hot ticket for FOP.

I am so out of it. I see people posting about 6:30 entry into HS for TSL, but the hours posted do not mention that. Is this something temporary due to the newness of TSL? I wouldn't think it would be worth it to go that early. Is just TSL open? If this is what is happening, I'm wondering why they didn't do that for Pandora. That's still such a hot ticket for FOP.

For a 7am opening they were letting people in a half hour early. They have also done this with Pandora. The two times I have been to WDW this year, they let us in at AK around 30 minutes before park opening. Not sure if that is still the case.

Oh no! Hope everyone feels better by the time you leave. I got sick at Disney a few years ago and lost several days of park time. It was terrible! Fortunately, you still have time to get it out of your systems before you leave. Let's pray it does!!

That happened to us a couple of years ago when ODD got sick during the trip. She spent a few days in the room. It was awful. It seems as though everyone is on the mend now though, so I'm hoping the next 12 days fly by and we are all healthy and ready to go!!!

That happened to us a couple of years ago when ODD got sick during the trip. She spent a few days in the room. It was awful. It seems as though everyone is on the mend now though, so I'm hoping the next 12 days fly by and we are all healthy and ready to go!!!
A few years back, everyone in our family got sick while we were in Disney. The kids, then the wife, and then me. The wife was sick enough to miss half a day in the parks. Thankfully, it really was pretty much a 24 hour thing. I started sneezing and feeling bad towards the end of one day, and partway through the next day the sneezing stopped, and I felt fine again.

I don't know that it is related, but I will tell a story. The first few times we went to Disney, I carried small packs of Clorox wipes. When ever we dined at a counter service location, before we sat down to eat, I wiped the table down pretty thoroughly, and then we all wiped our hands with hand wipes before eating. No one got sick. The first year I didn't do that, a couple of us got sick. We returned to using the wipes for a couple of years, then forgot to bring them one year. That one year was when everyone got sick.

Since then, I have brought, and used those Clorox wipes at every counter service meal, and we have had no more problems with getting sick at Disney. Now, are they related? I don't know, but you can bet I will be the crazy guy wiping down my table with Clorox wipes before we sit down to eat.

Sounds like a great day! I love Carousel of Progress. It's a sentimental favorite. I will admit to sometimes using it as a great place to enjoy the AC and relax a bit. I also love Pirates and feel that you get much wetter than you used to on that ride. With the heat, I don't mind getting wet! You didn't mention Splash Mountain. Did you do that one? That's one of my favorites!

Thanks for the reminder about being able to phone in an order. I love to do that when possible! Also, how fun to see a proposal at Disney! I wonder how many proposals there are each day, especially at MK.

Glad you are having a great time and thanks for taking the time to report to us. It really ramps up the anticipation for the rest of us!

The AC is terrific on Carousel of Progress and it is a sentimental favorite for us too. My children spent several evenings singing the song. No we don't do Splash Mountain. My son was only tall enough to do it last year and after we did 7 Dwarfs he swore off anything with big drops. They saw it run and said "No way". They were okay with the little drop on Pirates. I definitely got some looks though. They couldn't believe I didn't know about it. It was a great trip. Thanks for reading.

A few years back, everyone in our family got sick while we were in Disney. The kids, then the wife, and then me. The wife was sick enough to miss half a day in the parks. Thankfully, it really was pretty much a 24 hour thing. I started sneezing and feeling bad towards the end of one day, and partway through the next day the sneezing stopped, and I felt fine again.

I don't know that it is related, but I will tell a story. The first few times we went to Disney, I carried small packs of Clorox wipes. When ever we dined at a counter service location, before we sat down to eat, I wiped the table down pretty thoroughly, and then we all wiped our hands with hand wipes before eating. No one got sick. The first year I didn't do that, a couple of us got sick. We returned to using the wipes for a couple of years, then forgot to bring them one year. That one year was when everyone got sick.

Since then, I have brought, and used those Clorox wipes at every counter service meal, and we have had no more problems with getting sick at Disney. Now, are they related? I don't know, but you can bet I will be the crazy guy wiping down my table with Clorox wipes before we sit down to eat.

I do that too!!! I always have Clorox wipes in my purse, lol. As soon as we check into our hotel, I wipe down the remote, the phone, door handles and faucets. I'm crazy like that!

Last full day, currently on balcony at AKL watching the ostrich pace. The giraffes were on our side yesterday too, when we checked in.
Monday night we ended up at Universal again, ate at Mythos-pretty good, cool theming. Did a lot of rides with the EP, met up with fellow disboarder and her son, watched the castle light show, also pretty good. Very thankful we splurged in June for the Universal pass that comes with EP after 4 as lines were pretty long! Also really love that we don’t need to map out 6 months in advance for what and when we want to do.
Yesterday moving day from Pop to AKL- in Jambo studio. DD came to pick us up for breakfast and then dropped us off with our bags (she had her last shift as CM). Checked in and left bags with bell services and hit pool for several hours. We were just relaxing and I missed the room ready text -which came an hour after checked in lol. Up to room at 3:30, called for luggage and then we dashed back down for the Jiko/Boma tour (recommend this!). We had dinner at Jiko (soooo good!). Was so nice to just ride elevator to dinner -no bus needed. Ended the night at Victoria Falls-as in we closed the place down great night.

Trying to get motivation to get ready and head over to DD apartment and pack her up. She wants to go to a park one last time tonight -good thing she has extra pass for me as AP expired Monday.

Tomorrow my daughter and I travel to our favorite place in the world! :cheer2: Reading updates from people that are there now is so fun and gets me so excited! We finally took the plunge and purchased annual passes, so we will be activating them first thing when we arrive. This is a short trip to celebrate my DD's Sweet 16 Birthday. She plans to participate in the college program and continue working at Disney after college. Our goal is to do all four parks in one day to celebrate her milestone birthday!
party:

My DD says the sign ups (as of Sunday when she last worked) were still slow. She has her last shift at Jedi August 5th so if you remind me I can give an update then too. But as of now-slots aren't usually filling up until noon, and even then there's random afternoon slots left. I think she said there was one Monday this past several weeks where they were pretty busy.

Checking in to see if there's an August 5 update, if you don't mind. I appreciate this so much!

Thanks for the BOG info...all sorts of time open for 8/23 now...Check that week if you were interested… Maybe they aren’t closing after all
That was my thought. It's so weird that it has been closed for over 170 days and they are just now opening up reservations.

Just FYI BOG opened up (at least) Breakfast for August 23. Booked an 8am PPO and there seem to be plenty left. I guess they changed their renovation schedule?

Thank you for posting this!! I was able to make a dinner res for our trip. Not sure if DS and DH want to go but just in case.. yay!

3 more days... wow, haven't even started packing yet.

Psyched though. Got an alert from MD and booked BOG for lunch on the day we are doing Fantasyland!

This is for Tuesday, 14th lunch in case anyone else wants to check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter