*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Yeah that's one of the reasons I left our final day as a freebie day so we can basically work it around whichever FP we may not get on a planed day.

Thankfully mine are showing the upgraded bands. I can't wait to see them.

Hopefully you'll scpre your Artist Point ADR. If it helps any, I know someone who just left DW this weekend and they scored one the week before they left. They had been trying since their 180 window. Which is strange because I easily got one when I made my ADRs and I was inside the 180 mark since I had to change my dates from September due to hubby's work scheduling conflict.

That’s funny someone I know that just got back this week got their AP adr while they were in Disney.

I’ve been trying since my 180 days. I ended up adding a day to my trip & we’re staying at WL si I’m trying for that night. So it’s kind of good I didn’t get it at my 180 day because I’d have to move it anyway. I’m sure i’ll get it. I’d just love to get it checked off my list.

We are booked too! Like some of you, I’ve been checking every morning and was overjoyed to see those dates turn blue. Now for AK DAH release tomorrow and we will be all ready for FPP day.
August frozen dessert party booked!

Question for the thread: We're doing MK on an EMH day and I'm curious how people do EMH time wise. Did you arrive at 7:30? Earlier? What's your general plan for that first hour? I've only done one Disney trip with the change to letting people in to Main Street earlier. Trying to get a sense of how things work.

So what do you think are my chances of getting FOP for myself only on Day 1 of my trip? If I don't get it I will be ok, but am hoping since I just need for one I can snag it

I know some of us are getting ready to book FPs next week. What is everyone trying for?

I've been working on my list. Hubby's only request was Splash Mountain.
We have two days planned at MK right now so I hope to score:
7DMT. Splash, Big Thunder, Peter Pan (the other two I will take what I can with Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion) I love roller coasters but don't like Space Mountain but if I happen onto one of those that works for us I might snag it. Hubby isn't a big thrill rider but will do them (except TOT) if I ask him to.

Epcot I really don't know what I want to score for our Tier 1 because we want to ride them all so I am working and researching to see which would be the best one to make. we will also do Spaceship Earth and possibly Mission Space.

Hollywood Studios:
SDD is top priority here. If I can't get it I may book Early Morning Magic since it's still available for now. If I can't get it on our HS day I do have our last day as a backup plan to get SDD or FOP, whichever I can't get on those designated days.
I can't ride RR, as it's a headache trigger for me. I'm short so my head basically just bangs back and forth on the shoulder restraints and so I skip it. I might make use TOT FPs and maybe I could get through it fast enough to use mine and hubby's (but with it running at half capacity during summer I don't know how quick I will be bale to get through). Of course we will want to do the other Toy story rides so that's why I am considering doing EMM so I don't have to try to get those later after using our other three FPs. Not sure what we will use our third FPs on. Still thinking about it.

Animal Kingdom:
FOP is top priority. Like I said I have an extra day I can use to score this or SDD if I don't get them on my days planned.
EE is another one we will want here as well as Safari. If we get everything on HS day and this forst AK day we may do a second day her just to get Na'vi River, Dinosaur and something else (another ride on EE possibly).

I'm still working on my list but that's a lot of them.

My booking day is June 4. 5 days at Universal then 14 days at WDW with 10 day PH + water park tickets, and 2 villains parties, DAH at AK and MNSSHP tickets. My daughter and I have been trying to map this out since she got home from school 2 weeks ago.

We'd like FOP on day 60 +3. Slinky on 60 +7 in the evening - those are our priorities. I'm concerned about TOT with reduced capacity, so that will be next after these two. I'm not too concerned about days 60 +8 through the end of the trip. It should be pretty wide open. No 7D or Peter Pan since we have EMMs booked - -this makes MK FP much easier for us. I'll try for Splash, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. Test Track at Epcot.

So these just came. Eek. A day earlier than expected. I was worried they wouldn’t fit hubby because he has large wrists and has to use expansion pieces in his watches but man these things are long! I tried mine on and could almost downsize it to the kids size. I don’t plan on doing that but probably could.
I saw a post the other day asking if the luggage tags came with these bands (may have been in Facebook) but mine did not have the tags ☹️ But did have the magical extra card/voucher for free golf and admission to ESPN and other savings. I’m assuming they are all coming with that.

Joining in! Hubby just booked me a solo trip Aug 9 thru 12. So excited! The magicband upgrade is down for now so can only pick from the plain colors but hope it's back up before they ship them.
Now to plan days and fast passes🤓

Epcot I really don't know what I want to score for our Tier 1 because we want to ride them all so I am working and researching to see which would be the best one to make. we will also do Spaceship Earth and possibly Mission Space.

It's hard choosing one at Epcot. That's why we always do the GG ppo so we can get on Soarin without a fp. Then we go back and forth if we should do Frozen or Test Track.

My booking day is June 4. 5 days at Universal then 14 days at WDW with 10 day PH + water park tickets, and 2 villains parties, DAH at AK and MNSSHP tickets. My daughter and I have been trying to map this out since she got home from school 2 weeks ago.

We'd like FOP on day 60 +3. Slinky on 60 +7 in the evening - those are our priorities. I'm concerned about TOT with reduced capacity, so that will be next after these two. I'm not too concerned about days 60 +8 through the end of the trip. It should be pretty wide open. No 7D or Peter Pan since we have EMMs booked - -this makes MK FP much easier for us. I'll try for Splash, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. Test Track at Epcot.

You have so many fun things planned!

View attachment 404714

So these just came. Eek. A day earlier than expected. I was worried they wouldn’t fit hubby because he has large wrists and has to use expansion pieces in his watches but man these things are long! I tried mine on and could almost downsize it to the kids size. I don’t plan on doing that but probably could.
I saw a post the other day asking if the luggage tags came with these bands (may have been in Facebook) but mine did not have the tags ☹ But did have the magical extra card/voucher for free golf and admission to ESPN and other savings. I’m assuming they are all coming with that.

I'm glad you got your bands.

I received 3 emails today letting me know that one or more of my upgraded bands wasn't in stock and was changed to a complimentary gray band. It had coupon codes to order a Magic Band online but the code wouldn't work. Oh well. The bands are supposed to be here tomorrow so we'll see if any upgraded ones did come or if they are all gray.

Question for the thread: We're doing MK on an EMH day and I'm curious how people do EMH time wise. Did you arrive at 7:30? Earlier? What's your general plan for that first hour? I've only done one Disney trip with the change to letting people in to Main Street earlier. Trying to get a sense of how things work.

If you go over to easywdw.com he has done a few MK rope drops with 8am opening recently. Some really good pointers and he has had some great results.

Got a little pre trip pixie dust today. Yesterday was my FP day and I couldn't book on MDE, problem with reservation linking ( staying at Disney springs hotel) hours on the phone today and they set me up with every FP I wanted, and all early in the day. And gave me an extra FP for each day good for tier 1. Thinks it's gonna be a magical trip

I’m arriving July 29, so FP was this morning! So happy I got everything I wanted at the times I’d planned! Now I just need to resist the urge to tweak... for instance, I want to RD Soarin’. Is a PPO reservation really necessary?

I know some of us are getting ready to book FPs next week. What is everyone trying for?

I've been working on my list. Hubby's only request was Splash Mountain.
We have two days planned at MK right now so I hope to score:
7DMT. Splash, Big Thunder, Peter Pan (the other two I will take what I can with Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion) I love roller coasters but don't like Space Mountain but if I happen onto one of those that works for us I might snag it. Hubby isn't a big thrill rider but will do them (except TOT) if I ask him to.

Hollywood Studios:
SDD is top priority here. If I can't get it I may book Early Morning Magic since it's still available for now. If I can't get it on our HS day I do have our last day as a backup plan to get SDD or FOP, whichever I can't get on those designated days.
I can't ride RR, as it's a headache trigger for me. I'm short so my head basically just bangs back and forth on the shoulder restraints and so I skip it. I might make use TOT FPs and maybe I could get through it fast enough to use mine and hubby's (but with it running at half capacity during summer I don't know how quick I will be bale to get through). Of course we will want to do the other Toy story rides so that's why I am considering doing EMM so I don't have to try to get those later after using our other three FPs. Not sure what we will use our third FPs on. Still thinking about it.

Animal Kingdom:
FOP is top priority. Like I said I have an extra day I can use to score this or SDD if I don't get them on my days planned.
EE is another one we will want here as well as Safari. If we get everything on HS day and this forst AK day we may do a second day her just to get Na'vi River, Dinosaur and something else (another ride on EE possibly).

I'm still working on my list but that's a lot of them.
As of now, availability for early August is pretty good for most rides. I logged in at 7AM and our AK day is 60+2 and earliest FOP was around 2 pm. I believe SDD may have been unavailable on our Studios day- but, we choose to do EMM because we want to do it and not wait on a massive line. Besides those two rides, I found it so easy to get everything I had planned and so many choices with times that I was able to plan my day to the minute. So, just get online asap and have what you want planned out ahead of time and you should be okay. There is always time to tweek later on. All the rides at MK showed wide availability.

We got FP for:
AK- Safari, Kali and Primeval Twirl (we’re doing DAH later that day).

EPCOT- Soarin’ (Hubbie’s favorite ride there), Living with the Land (it was only thing we haven’t done recently that looked interesting), and Mission Space. We did the Frozen ride in February and don’t feel the need to FP or even ride it.

HWS- EMM in Toy Story Land and then FP on Star Tours, RnR, and the Indiana Jones Show. We’re not riding ToT.

MK day 1 (arrival day, just walking around a bit) Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Big Thunder.
MK day 2 (EMM-fantasyland)- then Splash Mtn., Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder
MK day 3 (departure day- just a few hours) Buzz, Space, SDMT

I hope things don’t change much by next week, when you book. Hope you get your choices!!
I’m arriving July 29, so FP was this morning! So happy I got everything I wanted at the times I’d planned! Now I just need to resist the urge to tweak... for instance, I want to RD Soarin’. Is a PPO reservation really necessary?
I’m glad you had such great luck in your FP+ reservations! We arrive on 7/27 and I also had awesome success booking absolutely everything we wanted and more- in the time frames we hoped for.

Last edited:

No. It's a nice plan if it works, but totally not necessary. 20 minutes wait at most , if you are at the back of the rope drop pack.

Day 1 is 7D, Space, Splash
Day 2 Soarin & Spaceship Earth
Day 3 is Slinky or TSM... I think I want to do TSM because we all can do it together, DH wont do SDD, then Rockin for the kids
Day 4 7D, HM, Buzz

FOP & Na'vi during the Dis Party woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter