*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We are going the first week of August. I haven't booked for the Grill, but have made several changes to my original reservations already. There seems to be a lot of availability. I think you will have success if you keep looking.

We are going the first week of August. I haven't booked for the Grill, but have made several changes to my original reservations already. There seems to be a lot of availability. I think you will have success if you keep looking.

The consensus is that frequently, CG Brunch doesn't release reservations until after the 180-day mark. We definitely have not given up hope! I have a third-party text alert set up that will let me know if anything opens up. If not-- we have a back-up ADR at 1900PF, which is one of our favorite character meals, which I'll be equally happy to visit. Other than that, our ADRs are looking great for this summer!

Got all my ADR's except for Ohana's breakfast. Wanted it on Aug 26th, but the whole morning was booked 185 days out...other days were available but didnt work for us. Strange that that date was completely booked so early. Have an alert setup as well, hoping to still get it at some point.

August 2019 roll call

Wayland 10 Jul 28 - Aug 6 AKL Jambo
DisneyDreamer Jul 29 - Aug 8 CBR
beltane Jul 30 - Aug 13 IDrive
JoshMom5 Aug 2 - Aug 10 Boardwalk
KNJWDW Aug 2 - Aug 10 Coronado Gran Destino Tower
PlutoIsHerFav Aug 2 - Aug 7 CR Aug 7 - Aug 10 YC
Samantha Morgan Aug 3 - Aug 6 CSR
Aurora2017 Aug 3 - Aug 10 PoP
Bama Mom Aug 3 - Aug 10 WL
JJJDisneyBuckeyes Aug 3 - Aug 10 CSR
Mary Alberts Aug 3 - Aug 10 BWI
ChimneyJim Aug 3 - Aug 11 Coronado
ReelRedHead Aug 3 - Aug 14 POR
123SA Aug 3 - Aug 17 ASMu
MouseDad Aug 4 - Aug 10 ASMu
Vickie Mabey Aug 4 - Aug 10 CBR
AsDreamersDo Aug 5 - Aug 10 POP
ChimneyJim Aug 6 - Aug 11 Contemporary
Becky Mouse Aug 6 - Aug 13 Split stay Fort Wilderness & The Swan
czechplz Aug 6 - Aug 13 BC
Harmacist Aug 6 - Aug 14 YC
OurLaughingPlace Aug 6 - 14 PORS 14 - 16 Beach Club 16 - 17 Contemporary
Tomh Aug 6 - Aug 20 Venetian Bay
sfbank Aug 7 - Aug 17 BWI
Disneylover99 Aug 7 - Aug 21 POP
cmarsh31 Aug 8 - Aug 12 CSR
manfred4247 Aug 8 - Aug 15 ASMu
Deleys on whEleys Aug 8 - Aug 13 ??
Nikki0401 Aug 9 - Aug 13 Beach Club Aug 13 - 17 Poly
rlk Aug 9 - Aug 13 POP Aug 13 - Aug 20 BCV
MDHoss Aug 11 - Aug 17 POP
jmg5324 Aug 11 - Aug 18 POP
ISeeTheLight105 Aug 12 - Aug 20 Fort Wilerness Campsites
MISSYLEXI Aug 13 - Aug 26 OKW
pd1138 Aug 14 - Aug 23 CSR
KimmiP Aug 15 - Aug 22 Wilderness Lodge
The13thLetter Aug 16 - Aug 24 BCV
TI double-GUH ER Aug 16 - Aug 26 Contemporary
Lakegirl Aug 17 - Aug 23 VWL/BRV (expecting to change resorts)
kbender295 Aug 17 - Aug 24 Wilderness Cabins
Mousemommy1 Aug 17 - Aug 24 AOA
DaniMoon Aug 17 - Aug 26 AS Sports
disneyAndi14 Aug 17 - Aug 26 Poly or Contemporary TBD
Aimee Wolfe Aug 17 - Aug 31 ASMU
Newsies Aug 18 - Aug 24 Poly
han22735 Aug 18 - Aug 28 BMW
ToddlerMom311 Aug 19 - Aug 23 POP
trackchik6 Aug 19 - Aug 24 AKL
BasilofBakeryStre Aug 19 - Aug 25 CBR
spurk5532 Aug 19 - Aug 27 CBR
capegirl Aug 19 - Aug 29 SOG
McFlea Aug 20 - Aug 26 POR
hattrickmom Aug 20 - Aug 29 POP
Rileygirl Aug 21 - Sept 1 Poly
Mascara&MouseEars Aug 22 - Aug 28 YC
Soph&HanMom Aug 23 - Aug 25 POFQ
NJlauren Aug 23 - Aug 30 YC
dnllmz Aug 23 - Aug 31 BC
succorso1 Aug 23 - Aug 31 CS
Aj1129 Aug 24 - Aug 29 GF
my2lovedisney Aug 24 - Aug 30 POR
OhanaMomma Aug 24 - Aug 31 Grand Floridian Villas
Tinker_Belle Aug 24 - Aug 31 Pop to BCV
Mrs Grumpy Aug 24 - Sept 4 POP
Pirate princess 2 Aug 25 - Sept 1 POP
loislane Aug 26 - Sept 2 POP
siren0119 Aug 26 - Sept 3 ASMu
beck00 Aug 29 - Sept 2 POP
Glam Aug 29 - Sept 3 CS
mamamelody2 Aug 29 - Sept 7 POP
ArielSRL Aug 30 - Sept 3 CSR
Karl66 Aug 30 - Sept 2 OKW
MamaJessie Aug 31 - Sept 7 CBR
Jonese1977 Aug 22 - Aug 27. GF

August friends! Has anyone been successful in booking California Grill BRUNCH for the month? If so, for which day? Just curious, TIA!

Got it for the 11th. Later time than I really wanted but I was happy just to find it!

August friends! Has anyone been successful in booking California Grill BRUNCH for the month? If so, for which day? Just curious, TIA!

We booked CG Brunch for 8/18 on our 180+ day...that will be the last day of our 7 day trip.

Excited to join this board! We will be at Port Orleans Riverside from August 2 - 11. Trying to be prepared for the heat so I've been working in plenty of afternoon pool time, preferably with a cold drink in hand. We are happy to be celebrating our 24th Wedding Anniversary at the same resort where we spent our honeymoon. We love the French Quarter/Riverside resort area and consider it our home. Like many of you, I'm a serial planner and love the fun of making ADR's and plotting our FastPasses. Our daughters have grown up with Disney vacations and now that they are older (16 & 19) we are excited to try some new things and revisit many of our favorites. I even have a few surprises up my sleeve for the whole family!!

My hubby and I will be at Wilderness Lodge the 3rd-10 celebrating our 25th anniversary (which is actually in May but due to other life events we have to delay until August).

I'm about to cancel Artist Point dinner on August 6 for 4:30pm. I was able to get a better time reserved (5:50).

Update: Just cancelled it! Cancelled at 4:40pm CST, so hopefully someone who wants this sees it soon :)

Has anyone done the Fantasmic! dessert/VIP Viewing experience? If yes, how early do you have to be at the area to get the desserts and seating?

Count us in ---- just booked flights for August 2019 coming from Vancouver, BC Canada!!!
Our last visit was 2013 so lots has changed since then and we have tons of planning ahead of us
Been to Disneyland so many times we are DL Pros (i think) and feeling overwhelmed planning a WDW trip --- thinking first we are going to enjoy some time in the Universal Studios area -- then head to disney August 21 to 31, planning to stay at POP!
I have started booking dining based on what we do remember from 2013 but don't want to be locked down with too many table service this trip! I think FP will be more important for us than dining.....
Any pointers are appreciated? Can't wait to chat with all of you!

Count us in ---- just booked flights for August 2019 coming from Vancouver, BC Canada!!!
Our last visit was 2013 so lots has changed since then and we have tons of planning ahead of us
Been to Disneyland so many times we are DL Pros (i think) and feeling overwhelmed planning a WDW trip --- thinking first we are going to enjoy some time in the Universal Studios area -- then head to disney August 21 to 31, planning to stay at POP!
I have started booking dining based on what we do remember from 2013 but don't want to be locked down with too many table service this trip! I think FP will be more important for us than dining.....

Personally, I like having dining reservations during the hot part of the day. It's a good way to cool off inside the AC! It doesn't mean you have to schedule one for every day, though! I sometimes book one for each day, and once I go on my trip, I opt to cancel some of them (24 hrs in advance). I might decide, "You know, I really don't want to sit down at a restaurant in Epcot tomorrow when there are so many quick service places available that will be cheaper and just as good." Then I cancel. In my view, it's easier to cancel than try to add!

You have been added to the August Roll Call.

Take a deep breath, and relax. Planning for Disney World isn't that bad. I would certainly make some ADR's (dining) you can always cancel them if you change your mind later. We sometimes have a sit down meal for lunch, but usually it is supper for us, and we typically have one each day. Counter service is sometimes supper, but more often that is our lunch. We do like to take our time eating, as it is a good time to soak up some AC, cool off, rehydrate, and generally get a bit of rest from the hustle and bustle of the day in the parks.

Fast Passes are quite important. Generally, we arrive at the park before Rope Drop, and plan our Fast Passes starting at either 9:30, or 10:00. That way, we can take advantage of the first hour, or hour and a half in the park with short standby lines, then start using our Fast Passes, and have them done before lunch, giving us the opportunity to book extra Fast Passes for the afternoon.

I booked our dining on Sunday. We were actually at Disney but departing from there that day. I forgot to do it until about 10am and I still got everything I wanted, except PPO BOG at 8:20 instead of 8:00. I set up a touring plans reservation finder but I am really hoping for MK EMM that day so it may be a moot point. Its just a short holiday weekend trip and it will be 4th trip for my boys and the 5th for DH and me this year so I just kind of guessed at a park schedule. I booked Kona, Toledo (at CSR), Teppan Edo, and the PPO BOG I mentioned.

Anyway, I'll be watching for MK EMM dates as I'm looking for Sunday, Sept 1 and they are only out through August last I checked.

I booked our dining on Sunday. We were actually at Disney but departing from there that day. I forgot to do it until about 10am and I still got everything I wanted, except PPO BOG at 8:20 instead of 8:00. I set up a touring plans reservation finder but I am really hoping for MK EMM that day so it may be a moot point. Its just a short holiday weekend trip and it will be 4th trip for my boys and the 5th for DH and me this year so I just kind of guessed at a park schedule. I booked Kona, Toledo (at CSR), Teppan Edo, and the PPO BOG I mentioned.

Anyway, I'll be watching for MK EMM dates as I'm looking for Sunday, Sept 1 and they are only out through August last I checked.

I think you should be able to book the September 1 MK EMM now if you wanted.

I think you should be able to book the September 1 MK EMM now if you wanted.
You are correct and I booked it! Apparently they have been opening up dates on a rolling 180 day window, which I did not know. So thank you!

Any late August people excited about the opening of Star Wars land on August 29th?

I can’t decide how I feel! It’s the day before we leave and the day after our HS day. We have EMM booked for the 28th already, but I’m hoping this means the new Mickey railway ride will be open by then too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter