*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

@Je-Ree Olenik and @krd315 We stayed at All Star Sports when we first started going to Disney and loved it. We keep talking about going back to it. Loved the Disney vibes and especially loved the baseball pool because it was almost always empty - had it to ourselves most afternoons in August when we returned for breaks. Our kids are older now and like the resorts with the 5th sleeper (BC and PORS) but one day we'll be back to Sports. We are sports fans too, so the Disney and sports theme really appealed to us.
@mamamelody2 the Peter Pan Float was incredible! Refreshing for August heat too. I'm a fan and hope to get another one this trip - thanks for reminding me to put it on my must have list!

I need to make a list of new snacks and food to try! What are you all looking forward to eating? Calories don't count at Disney!

Frozen Lemonade.... :cloud9:
Mickey Waffles
Ginormous Rice Krispie Treats
Various desserts since we have the dining plan this time
Trying various foods in World Showcase

Looking forward to Columbia Harbor House (it's our favorite spot for Quick Service)

We are starting to lay out outfits for each day and finish up packing! SO READY! So much to do around the house this week and then it's OFF to WDW!

Anyone trying something NEW this trip?
We are...
1. Villains Party
2. AK After Hours
3. Skipper Canteen for dinner
4. AP for my Fiance

We have a lot of new things on our list for this trip!
  • MK and AK After Hours
  • Narcoossee's
  • V&A (for DH)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Garden Grill
  • Liberty Tree
  • Built in rest day! We never leave a free day to just enjoy the resort

@Je-Ree Olenik and @krd315 We stayed at All Star Sports when we first started going to Disney and loved it. We keep talking about going back to it. Loved the Disney vibes and especially loved the baseball pool because it was almost always empty - had it to ourselves most afternoons in August when we returned for breaks. Our kids are older now and like the resorts with the 5th sleeper (BC and PORS) but one day we'll be back to Sports. We are sports fans too, so the Disney and sports theme really appealed to us.
@mamamelody2 the Peter Pan Float was incredible! Refreshing for August heat too. I'm a fan and hope to get another one this trip - thanks for reminding me to put it on my must have list!

Another thumbs up for All-Star Sports. We stayed there in 2017. It was a really fun resort and on the quiet side crowd wise. We also loved the baseball pool. It was the one closest to our room. We are all sports fans. My son is an athlete so he in particular loved it. He has been asking about staying there again. All-Star Movies just happens to be our favorite; so, we have stayed there all but 2 trips. Pop Century is the other one we have been to. I do want to try the other two values as well.

So I just called to make sure they had our room requests that my hubby faxed Thursday. I'm glad I called because they only had that it was our 25th anniversary and nothing else. I had to add that I wanted a higher floor and told them a couple room numbers just for area references. I also had to add that I had to be away from the end with smoking areas because of my allergy to cigarette smoke, which would trigger asthma attacks.

I can't believe we leave this Saturday!!
Our new adventures this time include:
Villians After Hours
Staying at Pop Century (we've only ever done All stars Music and off property)
Artist Point
Ohana breakfast
and lots of new rides because my son is finally willing to try some roller coasters this time!!
So excited!

We are creatures of habit, so no new resort, dining experiences, etc.....this trip.
I think the SWGE preview on our last day is the only new thing. :)

Me too. I tried a bunch of new things on our last trip, and honestly wished I had stuck with my favorites!

New for this year, only because they werent open our last trip...

Bon Voyage Breakfast (opened day after we left in April 2017)
Anything Avatar at AKL......opened about a month after we left in 2017.

Edit...adding anything Toy Story Land too! Not sure when it opened, but it was after 04/04/2017!!

Last edited:
We're trying a new off site community, usually we stay at Windsor Hills. Also first time doing any AP event. Normally they don't co-inside with our trips.

We have stayed at carefree Villas, Tuscan Hill Villas (both nice places), and The Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane (really nice). This year, we will be staying at Venetian Bay Villages, which basically is exactly the same as the Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane, but a touch farther away from the parks.

My kids tried fried Alligator on one of our cruises. Surprisingly my picky kid actually liked it. It's amazing how being on a cruise will make the kids step out and try new things. On the other hand, I'm way too picky to try new things :rotfl2:

My son is reasonably willing to try new things. For me, it depends very much on what it is. My wife is not at all adventurous as far as food goes.

What we are doing different this trip:
1. Mom/daughter only trip
2. lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
3. lunch at BOG

We really enjoy Sci-Fi Dine-In just because of the theming.

We have a lot of new things on our list for this trip!
  • MK and AK After Hours
  • Narcoossee's
  • V&A (for DH)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Garden Grill
  • Liberty Tree
  • Built in rest day! We never leave a free day to just enjoy the resort

Garden Grill is nice, and Liberty Tree is one of my favorite places to eat on property.

Another thumbs up for All-Star Sports. We stayed there in 2017. It was a really fun resort and on the quiet side crowd wise. We also loved the baseball pool. It was the one closest to our room. We are all sports fans. My son is an athlete so he in particular loved it. He has been asking about staying there again. All-Star Movies just happens to be our favorite; so, we have stayed there all but 2 trips. Pop Century is the other one we have been to. I do want to try the other two values as well.

awesome guys! we aren't sports fans lol but wanted to stay. i cant wait. counting down hours basically lol

We were originally going to try a lot of new dining this trip but I just looked over our plans and there's only one new place, Storybook Dining. Ohana dinner is new to the kids. DH and I were there once about 8 years ago. We were going to do our first signature Le Cellier but that got canceled in favor of freeing up a credit. I was holding onto the reservation for a long time hoping that everyone would change their minds. We gave the kids the choice of doing that or Teppan Edo which we've done and they both wanted to do TE again. Oh we are doing Hollywood and Vine Minnie's seasonal Halloween dinner. I really wanted to see the characters in their costumes. And Cape May for breakfast is new to us, we've done dinner there before. I guess we did branch out some.

Liberty Tree is one of my favorite places to eat on property.

It was mine for a while too, well, the lunch menu. Then they decided to make all day the Turkey Dinner, so I stopped going. Now they brought back their a la carte menu, so we have a ressie on our first Disney day :) Im excited!

This is our first trip to Disney in 6 years. We leave this Sunday at 5:55am from Chicago and are staying for a full week at the BWI. We are also doing Universal for one day with the EXP option.

The crowds have me concerned as well as the potential for a tropical depression potentially forming. But overall we are super excited about the trip.

Whaaaaat? When, where, how.....why???

I just read an article that said:

The tropical wave identified by meteorologists Sunday afternoon weakened considerably Monday as it passed through the Caribbean Sea, according to the National Hurricane Center’s 2 p.m. update.
But the chance of tropical system formation lingers at 10 percent in the next five days, NHC said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter