*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Ok, I got a little crazy this morning stressing over our plans for the first two days. I feel like I didn’t leave enough down time in the afternoon for rest/pool breaks for my kiddos (DD 9 and DS 7) in between parks and dinner reservations. Plus I realized I have 2 dining credits floating out there without reservations ( nothing was really appealing to me and I wanted to make last minute reservations as we got closer). Needless to say, I’ve spent the morning trying to rework plans (with not a lot of success) and now have reservation finders out to change O’hana dinner to a later time on our first day and Beaches and Cream to a completely different day. 😂🤦‍♀️

Good luck reworking your plans. I'm avoiding looking at mine so I don't want to change anything. I have been trying to find a later Storybook dining ADR for months. I always get a notification when I'm driving. It's not a huge deal if I don't get it but I was trying to get my kids a little more pool time on our last day.

My daughter and I have been playing "One week from right now...." all day!

One week from right now, we will be at our hotel, probably sleeping!

Tell me what you'll be doing on the 1st Wed of your trip, either 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks from right now!

well since it's Thursday now, next Thursday at this time I will probably be checking into BOG for our lunch ressie. I plan to mobile order so hopefully we will be able to get in quick and find a descent table.

Ok, I got a little crazy this morning stressing over our plans for the first two days. I feel like I didn’t leave enough down time in the afternoon for rest/pool breaks for my kiddos (DD 9 and DS 7) in between parks and dinner reservations. Plus I realized I have 2 dining credits floating out there without reservations ( nothing was really appealing to me and I wanted to make last minute reservations as we got closer). Needless to say, I’ve spent the morning trying to rework plans (with not a lot of success) and now have reservation finders out to change O’hana dinner to a later time on our first day and Beaches and Cream to a completely different day. 😂🤦‍♀️

I hope the reservation finders find you the perfect days/times you want. since we arrive on Saturday, I am no longer messing with anything. Although the other day I did move our Crystal Palace breakfast from 8:10 to 8:00 ... I know those ten minutes isn't a huge change but I figure if I get in ten minutes earlier then I can possibly get us into the parks quicker.

My daughter and I have been playing "One week from right now...." all day!

One week from right now, we will be at our hotel, probably sleeping!

Tell me what you'll be doing on the 1st Wed of your trip, either 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks from right now!

1 week from today I will be either chillin poolside at POFQ with my beignets or on the boat to Disney Springs! I’m going to the last VAH and thus plan on skipping parks in the AM to sleep in, considering my flight down next Wednesday is at 5:30am.

(I’m also glad I’m not the only one who does this!)

3 weeks from today we'll be on our way to Disney World. At this time we'd be at the airport waiting to board. We don't have plans on what we'll do when we get there. DH doesn't know that I switched our arrival night resort from All Star Movies to Gran Destino. We talked about going to Disney Springs for the night if we're up for it but now that we are staying at Coronado I'm thinking we should hang at the pool and try the new Three Bridges for food and drinks.

Originally when I booked this trip I wasn't that excited for it. I was going through Disney burnout but reading everyone's posts about how excited they are has rubbed off on me. Especially these posts about what we'll be doing a week, 2, etc from now.

I have mentally checked out at work. I leave on Sunday at 5:55 am and I can't focus on anything else but this. It's our first non-camping vacation in 6 years outside of when I compete at strongman competition in another state/city.

I'm working at home right now and it's taken me 4 hours to put together a couple of powerpoint slides and pivot tables that I would normally do in an hour if I was focused. Going to squeeze in a few more workouts prior to the trip and start packing tonight. Going to squeeze a weeks worth of clothing into my carry on which will be fun!!

We are going from Sunday to Saturday which means we have to do laundry. We are staying at the BWI where they have washers but does anyone know the cost for Disney to do my laundry?

3 weeks from now I will just be finishing up swimming at stormalong bay, dropping little man with my parents, and getting ready for date night with DW. Our anniverssary is July and her bday is early September so we're gonna be fancy at Yachtmsan or Flying Fish (haven't decided yet) then say goodbye to illuminations and finish up at ample hills and jelly rolls.

I have mentally checked out at work. I leave on Sunday at 5:55 am and I can't focus on anything else but this. It's our first non-camping vacation in 6 years outside of when I compete at strongman competition in another state/city.

I'm working at home right now and it's taken me 4 hours to put together a couple of powerpoint slides and pivot tables that I would normally do in an hour if I was focused. Going to squeeze in a few more workouts prior to the trip and start packing tonight. Going to squeeze a weeks worth of clothing into my carry on which will be fun!!

We are going from Sunday to Saturday which means we have to do laundry. We are staying at the BWI where they have washers but does anyone know the cost for Disney to do my laundry?

No, but I know there is a cool app that will tell you which washers and dryers are available before you walk/drive over.

I hope the reservation finders find you the perfect days/times you want. since we arrive on Saturday, I am no longer messing with anything. Although the other day I did move our Crystal Palace breakfast from 8:10 to 8:00 ... I know those ten minutes isn't a huge change but I figure if I get in ten minutes earlier then I can possibly get us into the parks quicker.
10 minutes can definitely make a difference. Have a great time on your trip! I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping not to make any more changes to my plan.

Can't believe it's August!! We're going to Disney World this month!
4 weeks from right now, we'll (hopefully) be in Hollywood Studios checking out the mayhem surrounding SWGE. We don't plan on actually getting in to the land as we can't get to the park until afternoon. We'll just be happy to be allowed into the park and use our FPs.

Hello Fellow August Peeps!
I am a little bit of a newcomer to The Dis and somehow just found this thread. It has been so fun to read through everyone's plans for their upcoming trip. We are heading down on 8/14 and staying for an all-time-longest-family-vacation record of 10 days. I'm a little over the top excited to say the least. It started off as a 7 day trip and grew Kevin sized legs.
We are excited for a few new things this visit.
  • We are DVC and are doing our first resort hopping trip. We can't wait to try out OKW.
  • We are attending our first DVC event when we hit Moonlight Magic at AK. (This was one of the reasons for extending the stay!)
  • Also super pumped to try Storybook Dining and finally, after many failures, we get to eat at Beaches and Cream - thanks to the cancelled refurb.
  • We are looking forward to checking out the Caring for Giants experience at AK.
  • And... I splurged a little on our final night: Got dinner at CRT and then the dessert party afterwards, to end it all with a bang. We won't be back for a lengthy stay for a few years so we're going to soak up every minute.
  • This is also the first time we've been to WDW without the company of grandparents, so to spend the time together as our little family is going to be pretty precious. Not that we don't love the extended fam, it's just, sometimes you want to just be...
So, I look forward to hearing all the hot, humid, happy, potentially interrupted by rain soaked-dashes to shops- trips to The World this August.

[*]And... I splurged a little on our final night: Got dinner at CRT and then the dessert party afterwards, to end it all with a bang.

Not to rain on your parade but this is a LOT of food. GF and I did this last year and while it was fun, we were still way too stuffed from dinner to really eat much at the party. For reference our CRT ADR was around 4, and we did the Before party. I basically had a couple of cheeseburger spring rolls and smaller bites. GF didn’t eat much more, and her appetite is bigger than mine. It didn’t bother me too much because we booked the party 100% for the view, but I feel morally obligated to warn you! Bring Tums!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter