*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

My daughter and I have been playing "One week from right now...." all day!

One week from right now, we will be at our hotel, probably sleeping!

Tell me what you'll be doing on the 1st Wed of your trip, either 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks from right now!

I'm a little late for this I guess; but we have one Wednesday in our vacation. It's the day we fly out and that's all we're really doing. I'm working until 3. Then we'll transition to the airport. Haven't worked out the logistics as far as if we're riding together or separately. Hope to ride together. We have an evening flight; so it'll be Magical Express, getting settled at the resort, picking our mugs and getting rested for the parks.

Two weeks from today; we'll be spending time at Magic Kingdom. By this time of day though we'll be back at the resort. We're doing an early day. Staying until around 3 and then heading back for pool time and dinner at the resort.

Last edited:
Not to rain on your parade but this is a LOT of food. GF and I did this last year and while it was fun, we were still way too stuffed from dinner to really eat much at the party. For reference our CRT ADR was around 4, and we did the Before party. I basically had a couple of cheeseburger spring rolls and smaller bites. GF didn’t eat much more, and her appetite is bigger than mine. It didn’t bother me too much because we booked the party 100% for the view, but I feel morally obligated to warn you! Bring Tums!

Thanks for this. We have the dessert party booked and I was wondering about dinner prior to that event. My reasoning for booking it is like yours though. Having the view, plus being able to sit instead of standing and waiting. Last year we got a spot; but they had us stand up around 8:10. By the time the show was over and we got on our resort bus, our feet were literally burning. We're on the quick service plan; and we usually have our last meal at Columbia Harbor House (it's our favorite MK QS). Might eat as soon as we get to the park around 4 or share.

then say goodbye to illuminations

So sad :( I called a couple of days to see if we could rent a boat on our final night for fireworks viewing. Sadly, it was all booked. I always thought it would cost $$$$$$$$$$ and never looked into it, but I read someones trip report and quickly googled to see what it really cost, because the photos looked amazing. To my surprise it was really reasonable $300 for up to 8 people with snacks and drinks included. Next time...but this time would have been great to say farewell to IllumiNations....and my BDay trip.

Hello Fellow August Peeps!
I am a little bit of a newcomer to The Dis and somehow just found this thread. It has been so fun to read through everyone's plans for their upcoming trip. We are heading down on 8/14 and staying for an all-time-longest-family-vacation record of 10 days. I'm a little over the top excited to say the least. It started off as a 7 day trip and grew Kevin sized legs.
We are excited for a few new things this visit.
  • We are DVC and are doing our first resort hopping trip. We can't wait to try out OKW.
  • We are attending our first DVC event when we hit Moonlight Magic at AK. (This was one of the reasons for extending the stay!)
  • Also super pumped to try Storybook Dining and finally, after many failures, we get to eat at Beaches and Cream - thanks to the cancelled refurb.
  • We are looking forward to checking out the Caring for Giants experience at AK.
  • And... I splurged a little on our final night: Got dinner at CRT and then the dessert party afterwards, to end it all with a bang. We won't be back for a lengthy stay for a few years so we're going to soak up every minute.
  • This is also the first time we've been to WDW without the company of grandparents, so to spend the time together as our little family is going to be pretty precious. Not that we don't love the extended fam, it's just, sometimes you want to just be...
So, I look forward to hearing all the hot, humid, happy, potentially interrupted by rain soaked-dashes to shops- trips to The World this August.

:welcome: Thats quite the fabulous vacation you have planned ! Have a great time!

well since it's Thursday now, next Thursday at this time I will probably be checking into BOG for our lunch ressie. I plan to mobile order so hopefully we will be able to get in quick and find a descent table.

One week from now we will be in the MK waiting for the Villains DAH to begin. We will have spent the morning in Epcot with a long afternoon break. Woo Hoo!! This time in 2 days we should be on ME on our way to AOA. :)

Not to rain on your parade but this is a LOT of food. GF and I did this last year and while it was fun, we were still way too stuffed from dinner to really eat much at the party. For reference our CRT ADR was around 4, and we did the Before party. I basically had a couple of cheeseburger spring rolls and smaller bites. GF didn’t eat much more, and her appetite is bigger than mine. It didn’t bother me too much because we booked the party 100% for the view, but I feel morally obligated to warn you! Bring Tums!

Thanks for the warning and I totally understand the moral obligation.
Our reservation is early (4:30), and we'll be doing a pool day before that so at least we won't have easy access to park snacks. I usually have to force feed on a pool day anyway because that means coming out of the water.

I reserved the dessert party primarily for the fireworks seating, although my husband is a total dessert hound and has a hollow leg. I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show, and it loses something for me when I'm worrying about blocking others, stepping on them, or having someone stand in front of me with their 18 year old on their shoulders. But, I will pack some TUMS and maybe do a few laps around the park between dinner and party time to free up space.

PS: They have cheeseburger spring rolls at the dessert party!? Really? Am I misreading this?

Late to the August party, plans are finally all coming together!
DS7 and I are coming for SWGE previews, 17-21.
Staying at WL for our first time as I just got a great AP price yesterday. :)
We are going to previews the 19th, 5-9, and MNSSHP 20th. (Our FAVORITE event so glad to be back!)
Happy August everyone!! :donald:

You've been added to the Roll Call. Hope you have an amazing trip!

. Thank you so much! I hope you have a fantastic trip too!!

Thank you. I am certain we will!

Hello Fellow August Peeps!
I am a little bit of a newcomer to The Dis and somehow just found this thread. It has been so fun to read through everyone's plans for their upcoming trip. We are heading down on 8/14 and staying for an all-time-longest-family-vacation record of 10 days. I'm a little over the top excited to say the least. It started off as a 7 day trip and grew Kevin sized legs.
We are excited for a few new things this visit.
  • We are DVC and are doing our first resort hopping trip. We can't wait to try out OKW.
  • We are attending our first DVC event when we hit Moonlight Magic at AK. (This was one of the reasons for extending the stay!)
  • Also super pumped to try Storybook Dining and finally, after many failures, we get to eat at Beaches and Cream - thanks to the cancelled refurb.
  • We are looking forward to checking out the Caring for Giants experience at AK.
  • And... I splurged a little on our final night: Got dinner at CRT and then the dessert party afterwards, to end it all with a bang. We won't be back for a lengthy stay for a few years so we're going to soak up every minute.
  • This is also the first time we've been to WDW without the company of grandparents, so to spend the time together as our little family is going to be pretty precious. Not that we don't love the extended fam, it's just, sometimes you want to just be...
So, I look forward to hearing all the hot, humid, happy, potentially interrupted by rain soaked-dashes to shops- trips to The World this August.

Stories about dodging rain storms, hiding in the breezeway by the bathrooms in Adventureland. Watching stunning lightning over the castle while having supper at The Plaza (the view was truly amazing, the lightning was actually kind of horrifying, and I like lightning, but it was pretty intense). Hiding in our room at POR because there was an active Tornado watch (only happened to us one time out of 11 trips). We have had some rain, and stormy weather experiences over the years lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful trip, and I hope the weather is kind to you :)

Thanks for the warning and I totally understand the moral obligation.
Our reservation is early (4:30), and we'll be doing a pool day before that so at least we won't have easy access to park snacks. I usually have to force feed on a pool day anyway because that means coming out of the water.

I reserved the dessert party primarily for the fireworks seating, although my husband is a total dessert hound and has a hollow leg. I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show, and it loses something for me when I'm worrying about blocking others, stepping on them, or having someone stand in front of me with their 18 year old on their shoulders. But, I will pack some TUMS and maybe do a few laps around the park between dinner and party time to free up space.

PS: They have cheeseburger spring rolls at the dessert party!? Really? Am I misreading this?

Not sure if they still do, but they did at ours. There was a tiny handful of savory snacks along with the sweets. They also had warm spinach dip and some cheese.

Thanks for this. We have the dessert party booked and I was wondering about dinner prior to that event. My reasoning for booking it is like yours though. Having the view, plus being able to sit instead of standing and waiting. Last year we got a spot; but they had us stand up around 8:10. By the time the show was over and we got on our resort bus, our feet were literally burning. We're on the quick service plan; and we usually have our last meal at Columbia Harbor House (it's our favorite MK QS). Might eat as soon as we get to the park around 4 or share.

Our rationale for booking it was that we were going during Halloween party season, and that was one of the few non party nights at MK, so we wanted to avoid the madness of the Hub. Even with not eating much at the dessert party, that was probably the best money we spent on that trip. It was a nightmare outside the Plaza garden area.

The main issue was that CRT is a prix fixe meal, so you’re doing three courses. And no shade but the Clock Strikes Midnight dessert there was light years better than the offerings at the party. It was a really magical night after a wonderful day of pampering (we did the GF spa earlier), but we won’t do it again. Next Thursday I’ve got another party before VAH and I’m probably hitting Sassagoula or maybe Geyser Point around 4. A QS meal shouldn’t be too bad.

I have 8,000 things to do in the 19 days we have left. As usual, I have already overpacked so I need to trim down the suitcases. My biggest struggle on Disney trips is packing all of life's necessities like personal products, make up, sunblock, first aid suplies, meds, Ibuprofen etc, etc. I have many sample sizes, but even so it's a challenge; the girl scout in me must be prepared for every possible situation. :laughing: I have one of those over the door Vera bags, but when it's full of takes up a lot of luggage real estate. I may be better off using all zip locks, and stuffing them in DH's duffel. UGH! Any tips would be appreciated. Bringing the SUV in on Friday for the pre trip inspection / oil change, and two recalls that we were informed about last week! One of the service advisories is a tad alrming; the shift button could pop off preventing the car from shifting gears.:eek: !!! Oh, the joys of travel.
I understand completely. I keep packing and unpacking one of my sunblocks. One is a spray and one is regular. I did buy as many smaller doses of meds as possible and if I could I took them out of packaging. I figured if I really need something else I'll get it while I'm there. Makeup and night creams I only bring the bare minimum used and not allow options. I distribute out over the other bags since we fly. I have a couple of travel cosmetics bags that are lined and zip up that I use.

I've been buying Disney gift cards at Target to pay for our room and food for our trip. I buy a few at a time since I can walk over to the store on my lunch hour. Then I bring them back to the office and enter them into my Disney gift card account. Usually I keep the emptied cards in my desk drawer but on this particular day, I thought I had entered all the cards I bought, but I found out the next day that I missed one. I had thrown a $50 gift card away and it was gone forever. I contacted Disney through the gift card site and told them what I had done. They got back to me and told me to email a copy of the Target receipt to them. I received a really cute $50 gift card in the mail yesterday. Thank goodness Disney was able to replace my gift card. I was really glad that they could do that. :)

Three weeks from today will be my first day of retirement. I have been waiting for this since I told my boss that I planned to retire back in May. I just hope my replacement shows up as scheduled. ;)

You've been added to the Roll Call. Hope you have an amazing trip!

Thank you. I am certain we will!

Stories about dodging rain storms, hiding in the breezeway by the bathrooms in Adventureland. Watching stunning lightning over the castle while having supper at The Plaza (the view was truly amazing, the lightning was actually kind of horrifying, and I like lightning, but it was pretty intense). Hiding in our room at POR because there was an active Tornado watch (only happened to us one time out of 11 trips). We have had some rain, and stormy weather experiences over the years lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful trip, and I hope the weather is kind to you :)

WE hid under the train tracks by Splash way back when it first opened because the lightning was severe. Unfortunately, the water started to rise quickly, a CM came flying over to move us all to higher shelter. Thinking back - it was likely where the playground is now.

I've been buying Disney gift cards at Target to pay for our room and food for our trip. I buy a few at a time since I can walk over to the store on my lunch hour. Then I bring them back to the office and enter them into my Disney gift card account. Usually I keep the emptied cards in my desk drawer but on this particular day, I thought I had entered all the cards I bought, but I found out the next day that I missed one. I had thrown a $50 gift card away and it was gone forever. I contacted Disney through the gift card site and told them what I had done. They got back to me and told me to email a copy of the Target receipt to them. I received a really cute $50 gift card in the mail yesterday. Thank goodness Disney was able to replace my gift card. I was really glad that they could do that. :)

Three weeks from today will be my first day of retirement. I have been waiting for this since I told my boss that I planned to retire back in May. I just hope my replacement shows up as scheduled. ;)

Being so close to a Target would be dangerous for me. That is some amazing Disney customer service you received. I always keep my gift cards after loading them because I'm afraid something like that will happen. It's an easy mistake to miss one.

So you retire and then head right to Disney? Awesome!

One week from right now... we'll be sleeping off the DVC MM late night! Then heading to TL (rented umbrella/chairs so we don't have to be there right at 10am), Epcot in the evening with the Frozen Dessert party - full day of all new things TL & dessert party! Planning to do the Dis Epcot Scavenger hunt too!

Congratulations on your retirement, it's a whole new world! So great that Disney replaced your gift card, they are so good about things like that. Last summer they gave us a gift card to replace 2 magic bands that somehow fell off our wrists.

Since it's Friday...

3 weeks from today will be our first park day. We might rope drop MK. We have a Crystal Palace ADR for a late breakfast. I have fastpasses for Pirates, BTMRR, and Splash. I just realized I was supposed to try to switch the Pirates one if anything better opened up but I never checked. I've been too busy checking for SDD. :confused3 Oh well. We love Pirates but usually can go on with a short wait. I was hoping 7DMT would open up.

4 weeks from today we'll also be in MK. We are planning an early morning there and dinner at 'Ohana. We may hop over to Epcot.

I'm looking over my plans now. I haven't bought our MNSSHP and just wanted to make sure that's the night we want for sure.

WE hid under the train tracks by Splash way back when it first opened because the lightning was severe. Unfortunately, the water started to rise quickly, a CM came flying over to move us all to higher shelter. Thinking back - it was likely where the playground is now.

Disney storm adventures can be a little scary when you are running for cover, but the 'storm stories' are part of our Disney memories. They've got some wicked weather down there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter